PDA

View Full Version : 7'2'' All-Star Center Roy Hibbert averages 4,4 rebounds per game in March

WallIn
03-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Discuss :facepalm

All of that in 30 MPG

Eric Cartman
03-29-2014, 10:44 AM
:lol He only plays hard against the Heat rest of the time he's just slacking.

cos88
03-29-2014, 10:49 AM
he's doing what brook lopez was doing last year for reggie evans, boxing out for others to get the rebounds. with that being said 4.4 is still embarassing :facepalm at this point he's overrated, meanwhile big al is better at the game of basketball, a tier above sure hibbert is a better defender but too bad people judge the team records too much.

Uncle Drew
03-29-2014, 10:52 AM
He's coasting.

HylianNightmare
03-29-2014, 11:19 AM
whats his rpg against the heat?

secund2nun
03-29-2014, 11:22 AM

It's not even that as much as it has to do with exploiting the undersized sissy ball that Miami plays.

Uncle Drew
03-29-2014, 11:23 AM
whats his rpg against the heat?

navy
03-29-2014, 11:27 AM
He's garbage.

jzek
03-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Was he an All-Star again this year? :facepalm

Marlo_Stanfield
03-29-2014, 12:03 PM
averages 22/12 against Miami.
Miami stacked doe

Dro
03-29-2014, 01:32 PM
Roy Hibbert hate thread/circle jerk continues..Usual suspects like Navy are here...where's Freeman, Kyrie, Dr. Ice, and others so you guys can continue your daily FAP to Hibbert...Oh, and it might help to actually watch games instead of box scores, then you guys might know what you're talking about...He gets touches, he produces..he doesn't get touches, he doesn't produce...He's a sh*tty defensive rebounder, a great offensive rebounder...I've already explained why this is but its like explaining to a bunch of kids why they need an education but they'd rather skip school every day...

ISH = hop on badwagoners, whether I know sh*t or not, because its cool...This year, its cool to be on the Roy Hibbert fap train...He sure gets talked about a lot to be so sorry..Ish = above 7 ft should = great rebounder automatically, lol...Lets go through the league find all the other sorry rebounders over 7 ft..Better yet, lets go through history shall we? Of course we shouldn't, because it would make you dudes look stupid with this argument...

jzek
03-29-2014, 01:47 PM
averages 22/12 against Miami.
Miami stacked doe

every center's an all-star when they face miami

ImKobe
03-29-2014, 01:55 PM
Hibbert just isn't that mobile as a big man & he isn't that great of a rebounder when it comes to positioning & boxing out on a consistent basis. He's decent enough for a Center, but not great/elite. It's also why he struggles scoring.

He's only had 10 games, where he scored 20 or more points this season. He's just not that great of a player on offense & on the boards. He will however abuse a team like Miami, who has no size. He's just a great shot blocker due to his size & his timing.

inclinerator
03-29-2014, 01:57 PM
if he doesnt play good they might not even see miami in the conference finals

KyrieTheFuture
03-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Roy Hibbert hate thread/circle jerk continues..Usual suspects like Navy are here...where's Freeman, Kyrie, Dr. Ice, and others so you guys can continue your daily FAP to Hibbert...Oh, and it might help to actually watch games instead of box scores, then you guys might know what you're talking about...He gets touches, he produces..he doesn't get touches, he doesn't produce...He's a sh*tty defensive rebounder, a great offensive rebounder...I've already explained why this is but its like explaining to a bunch of kids why they need an education but they'd rather skip school every day...

ISH = hop on badwagoners, whether I know sh*t or not, because its cool...This year, its cool to be on the Roy Hibbert fap train...He sure gets talked about a lot to be so sorry..Ish = above 7 ft should = great rebounder automatically, lol...Lets go through the league find all the other sorry rebounders over 7 ft..Better yet, lets go through history shall we? Of course we shouldn't, because it would make you dudes look stupid with this argument...

Checking in, sorry I'm late boss.

Just accept that he shouldn't be an all star this year. He was DPOY but he's not anymore. There's not a lot of shame in being the second best defensive player. There is a lot of shame in being that horrendous on offense though.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Hibbert is a disgrace to basketball.
giant body yet soft and unskilled, flops very often.
fouls nearly EVERYTIME( and its not debatable) when he protects the rim.
then gets carried of the court when hes hit one time:facepalm
disgusting:coleman:

WallIn
03-29-2014, 02:49 PM

Well I understand that stats aren't everything, he's a good defender. But overall he doesn't stand out as a special player and an All-Star, at least this season.

KobesFinger
03-29-2014, 03:02 PM
@Dro

Why does Hibbert have such a low FG% for a C? I haven't seen many Pacers games which is why I'm asking. He's probably the biggest guy in the league and I've seen him make a hook shot here and there so how does he only shoot 45%?

WallIn
03-29-2014, 03:04 PM
I've seen him make a hook shot here and there

There's your answer

KobesFinger
03-29-2014, 03:09 PM
There's your answer

So consistency is Hibbert's problem?

navy
03-29-2014, 03:14 PM
So consistency is Hibbert's problem?
Yes. He cant score unless he is playing bad post defenders. Plus he doesnt have the mobility to dunk outside of once every few games.

k0kakw0rld
03-29-2014, 03:43 PM
He's garbage.
This.

aboss4real24
03-29-2014, 03:50 PM
shaq sed guys like horry fox grant did the rebn 4 him while he boxed out

same case here with hibbert

He makes it to where dwest n lance n george get alotta rebs

while he boxes out

Hes more valuable to rebn then u think

longtime lurker
03-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Damn that's Barganiesque

Smook A.
03-29-2014, 04:00 PM

You're scared to accept things. You're not gonna go to jail if you say Roy Hibbert sucks. Stop acting so butthurt. You're beginning to look like the biggest wussy on here. Getting all mad at the truth... shiettt. Homerism at its finest

lpublic_enemyl
03-29-2014, 04:20 PM

numbers don't lie

BlackVVaves
03-29-2014, 06:25 PM
@Dro

Why does Hibbert have such a low FG% for a C? I haven't seen many Pacers games which is why I'm asking. He's probably the biggest guy in the league and I've seen him make a hook shot here and there so how does he only shoot 45%?

I'd like to know as well.

He'd also tell you that his rebounding sucks because he's boxing out players for others to get the rebound, which isn't entirely erroneous in assessment, but doesn't excuse his poor defensive rebounding. As if boxing out doesn't occur with all 7 footers in the history of the game. There's no reason why someone at 7'2, hailed by Pacers fans as the DPOY, should be producing a mere 7 rebounds a game, and an embarrassing 4 rebounds per game for an entire month.

If Hibbert wasn't heralded as a premier big man, I doubt he'd receive such heightened criticism. But, he's an All-Star, getting paid like a star. No matter which way you cut it, no matter how passionately one argues that his impact travels deeper than the stat-sheet, there is much to be discussed about an All Star producing 11 and 7 for that season; especially when Al Jefferson is putting up 25 and 10 every other night and is withheld from that accolade.

It either points to his own incompetence, the incompetence of his coaching staff and their offensive gameplan, or the incompetence of George, Stephenson, and George "The Weakest Link" Hill for not involving him in the game.

FLDFSU
03-29-2014, 06:28 PM

This is probably true. Hibbert will talk about wanting to beat Miami in the middle of January when the Heat are no where on their schedule.

He literally takes every Heat game as the Finals.

KobesFinger
03-29-2014, 07:02 PM
I'd like to know as well.

He'd also tell you that his rebounding sucks because he's boxing out players for others to get the rebound, which isn't entirely erroneous in assessment, but doesn't excuse his poor defensive rebounding. As if boxing out doesn't occur with all 7 footers in the history of the game. There's no reason why someone at 7'2, hailed by Pacers fans as the DPOY, should be producing a mere 7 rebounds a game, and an embarrassing 4 rebounds per game for an entire month.

If Hibbert wasn't heralded as a premier big man, I doubt he'd receive such heightened criticism. But, he's an All-Star, getting paid like a star. No matter which way you cut it, no matter how passionately one argues that his impact travels deeper than the stat-sheet, there is much to be discussed about an All Star producing 11 and 7 for that season; especially when Al Jefferson is putting up 25 and 10 every other night and is withheld from that accolade.

It either points to his own incompetence, the incompetence of his coaching staff and their offensive gameplan, or the incompetence of George, Stephenson, and George "The Weakest Link" Hill for not involving him in the game.

He's told me about Hibbert boxing out causing him to have low rebounds before, and I couldn't dispute it because I haven't seen many Pacer games. The FG% bothers me more than the rebounds because the Pacers are still an elite rebounding team. It's as bad as Rubio's 36% as a PG, maybe worse because Rubio is never biggest guy on the court