PDA

View Full Version : LeBron doesn't like salary caps

kamil
03-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Here's what LeBron* has to say about salary caps:

Miami Heat star LeBron James might have been talented enough to make a living in football. It sounds as if he wishes he could hit the long ball.
James said he was wowed by the $292 million, 10-year deal the Detroit Tigers gave slugger Miguel Cabrera.
"I wish we didn't have a salary cap," James said Friday night before facing the Detroit Pistons.
James said he would opt out of his contract this summer with the Heat if he could get the same deal.
"The best players in each sport should be rewarded," he said. "It would be nice to sign a 10-year contract for $300 million. I would do it. I would do it for sure."
The NBA salary cap, though, would prevent any team from giving James a similar contract. He is one of the league's highest-paid players with a six-year deal worth roughly $110 million.
Source:
http://www.nba.com/2014/news/03/28/lebron-salary-cap.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt (http://www.nba.com/2014/news/03/28/lebron-salary-cap.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts)

Basketbolero
03-29-2014, 03:14 PM
The way he says it he sounds whiny and jealous but I agree 100% with what he means.

Legends66NBA7
03-29-2014, 03:14 PM
To be honest, he's worth that much.

But James states the obvious. Like come on man, who isn't signing a 10 year/ 300 million dollar contract. Off course it's "nice". :oldlol:

STATUTORY
03-29-2014, 03:15 PM
niiiia's not happy unless he's got the all star roster in the miami heat uniform

no competitive spirit whatsoever

KyrieTheFuture
03-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Here's what LeBron* has to say about salary caps:

Source:
http://www.nba.com/2014/news/03/28/lebron-salary-cap.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

My thoughts? This guy isn't capable of trumping MJ legitimately so he's content with cheating his way into the all time list. Having said that, if he's so salty about salary caps, why then did he take a paycut to be given a championship? Is it because this colluding sh!thead wants his cake and eat it too?
Are you ****ing retarded?

Also, every player in the league hates caps. They serve only the interest of the owners. You're obsession with one player is Paukian levels, just the other side of the coin.

sd3035
03-29-2014, 03:17 PM
MLB teams also play twice as many games per season and have double the attendance per game. Basically you have 4 times as many people paying to go watch the games, and much more TV time

Genaro
03-29-2014, 03:29 PM
He could get more money without collusion. You can't have 2 AS with you and still make that much money.
And I love that NBA has cap space because I like competition not 3 or 4 stacked teams due to have more money.

AnaheimLakers24
03-29-2014, 03:33 PM
hes mad kobe gets his money. thats what happens when you want a stacked team bran

brownmamba00
03-29-2014, 03:34 PM
300 mill is way too much this guy plays a sport...dude didn't heal aids or some shit you know

like 20 mill/year ain't enough

moe94
03-29-2014, 03:35 PM
300 mill is way too much this guy plays a sport...dude didn't heal aids or some shit you know

That's not how it works.

xfactor99
03-29-2014, 03:38 PM
Real talk though, if there was no max player salary LeBron would be making at least 60 million a year...and there would be no Big Three in Miami.

kamil
03-29-2014, 03:38 PM

Truthfully, I think all these guys are overpaid. Putting a ball through a basket isn't worthy of millions of dollars a year. Find a cure for cancer or contribute to society improving the quality of life or something along the lines then yeah, it's deserving of that insane amount of cash.

These guys are living a life of privilege while the majority of us will make anywhere from 40-80k/year, much of which will fade with taxes, bills, food, car and home payments, etc and when all is spent you're basically left with peanuts.

They're living a life of EXTREME privilege... wanting more is pretty sickening. And NO, I don't have sympathy for the corporate d-bag owners either.

sd3035
03-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Real talk though, if there was no max player salary LeBron would be making at least 60 million a year...and there would be no Big Three in Miami.
If that were true, DUrant would be making 100 mil

moe94
03-29-2014, 03:44 PM
Truthfully, I think all these guys are overpaid. Putting a ball through a basket isn't worthy of millions of dollars a year. Find a cure for cancer or contribute to society improving the quality of life or something along the lines then yeah, it's deserving of that insane amount of cash.

These guys are living a life of privilege while the majority of us will make anywhere from 40-80k/year, much of which will fade with taxes, bills, food, car and home payments, etc and when all is spent you're basically left with peanuts.

They're living a life of EXTREME privilege... wanting more is pretty sickening. And NO, I don't have sympathy for the corporate d-bag owners either.

Put it this way, if there are millions of people willing to pay money to watch you do your work, then maybe you can get paid that much money as well.

Cure for cancer and AIDS? Hell are you people on? :biggums:

J Shuttlesworth
03-29-2014, 03:44 PM
hes mad kobe gets his money. thats what happens when you want a stacked team bran
LeBron won two rings and 2 FMVPs w/ his stacked team.

What did Kobe do w/ his 4 HOF team last year?

Bandito
03-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Who as a NBA player would like a salary cap making them less money per year?

What am I posting here

brownmamba00
03-29-2014, 03:47 PM
That's not how it works.
I don't care

Athletes make way too much money especially bball players

WORD

all this while Wallstreet is still leeching off the middle class

kamil
03-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Put it this way, if there are millions of people willing to pay money to watch you do your work, then maybe you can get paid that much money as well.

Nobody cares to pay me millions of dollars to do anything. Even if I did get that kind of money I would seriously think about all the money I've made and if I'd be deserving of it.

Suppose LeBron* did get a 300 million dollar contract...

Is he really going to be satisfied with being the richest guy in the cemetery?

moe94
03-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Nobody cares to pay me millions of dollars to do anything. Even if I did get that kind of money I would seriously think about all the money I've made and if I'd be deserving of it.

You can't take all that money to the grave! :coleman:

But you can live fabulously now and make sure your people do, too.

inclinerator
03-29-2014, 03:53 PM
I don't care

WORD

especially bball players the *** u talking bout

HoopsFanNumero1
03-29-2014, 03:53 PM

You're a special kind of retard, aren't you? I'm serious. Your post really make no sense at all.

J Shuttlesworth
03-29-2014, 03:57 PM
I don't care

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
The amount of stupidity in this statement blows my mind. There are around 400 players in the world who play in the NBA. There are people all around the world watching games, buying merchandise, going to games and spending tons of money to watch/support the NBA. The NBA is making an insane amount of profit since Stern came in. You'd rather them pay the players less? Have more money go to the corporate figures of the NBA instead? You some kind of Wall street greedy dude? The players are arguably the most important factor of the game and they train hard all year and all their lives. If you work hard enough to where you are in the top 400 in the world at it, you should and will be paid a **** ton... unless you're like top 400 grocery baggers. Poor russwest, but at least he's good at what he does.

brownmamba00
03-29-2014, 04:08 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
The amount of stupidity in this statement blows my mind. There are around 400 players in the world who play in the NBA. There are people all around the world watching games, buying merchandise, going to games and spending tons of money to watch/support the NBA. The NBA is making an insane amount of profit since Stern came in. You'd rather them pay the players less? Have more money go to the corporate figures of the NBA instead? You some kind of Wall street greedy dude? The players are arguably the most important factor of the game and they train hard all year and all their lives. If you work hard enough to where you are in the top 400 in the world at it, you should and will be paid a **** ton... unless you're like top 400 grocery baggers. Poor russwest, but at least he's good at what he does.
It is what it is

I don't give a **** who makes the most money, 300 mill for 1 player just to play a damn game is too damn much that's all I'm sayin

you can probably feed the whole african continent with that shit

Flash31
03-29-2014, 04:11 PM

If somebody made the cure for cancer or aids they would
be one of if not the richest and most known person in the world.

Entertainment and sports pay a lot bc people are paying to see you and the spots are limited.

Youre not paying to watch a doctor--youre paying for his hours,medical profession,work done on you and they get paid good but there are hundreds of thousands or millions of doctors
There arent millions of pro nba,nfl,mlb players only hundreds or couple thousand max and youre one person paying a doctor but millions every day basically pay to watch and see an athlete,entertainer

If there were a limited amount of doctors in whole world and only select hundreds made it to the top with millions paying for them every day and thise doctors making a crapload of money for their superiors and/or sponsors then they would be making tens of millions as well

Supply and Demand.

kamil
03-29-2014, 04:15 PM
It is what it is

I don't give a **** who makes the most money, 300 mill for 1 player just to play a damn game is too damn much that's all I'm sayin

Yup.

The problem is though, that these guys have a domino effect. I remember when MJ came back in '95 he boosted revenue with everything basketball/MJ related by about (i think) 10 billion dollars. So there is a hierarchy of who gets the biggest piece of the pie, but I still its really fvcked up how doing such a menial task is rewarded with millions, and in LeBron*s case hundreds of millions of dollars. I'd feel like a such a fraud for have THAT much wealthy and not doing anything that would be nobel prize worthy to get that pay off.

Personally, I think if the work of Craig Ventor comes to fruition, HE should be deserving of much more than all of today's NBA players combined. Look him up, he's doing a massive human genome project that could cure a whole host of health problems. 300 million to put a ball through a hoop? Yeah.... no.

CelticBaller
03-29-2014, 04:36 PM
If it was up to him he would get the whole all star team on his squad

pegasus
03-29-2014, 04:36 PM
This coward signs for less money to form a super team and then turns around and complain about his salary?:facepalm

Eric Cartman
03-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Yup.

The problem is though, that these guys have a domino effect. I remember when MJ came back in '95 he boosted revenue with everything basketball/MJ related by about (i think) 10 billion dollars. So there is a hierarchy of who gets the biggest piece of the pie, but I still its really fvcked up how doing such a menial task is rewarded with millions, and in LeBron*s case hundreds of millions of dollars. I'd feel like a such a fraud for have THAT much wealthy and not doing anything that would be nobel prize worthy to get that pay off.

Personally, I think if the work of Craig Ventor comes to fruition, HE should be deserving of much more than all of today's NBA players combined. Look him up, he's doing a massive human genome project that could cure a whole host of health problems. 300 million to put a ball through a hoop? Yeah.... no.

Same could be said for any form of entertainment not just basketball players.

D-FENS
03-29-2014, 04:57 PM
Poor LeBron, he's really roughing it right now. That $10 million extra a year is exactly what he needs...

J Shuttlesworth
03-29-2014, 05:13 PM
It is what it is

So where would you rather have all the NBA revenue go? Just into the hands of Adam Silver and the executives? Pay the players 50k, a mere fraction of actual revenue?

Sarcastic
03-29-2014, 05:19 PM
This coward signs for less money to form a super team and then turns around and complain about his salary?:facepalm

That's because the difference in salary was only a few million. If a team could have offered him Cabrera money, he would not have turned it down.

russwest0
03-29-2014, 05:23 PM
LeBron doesn't like competition? And this is news to yall?

sd3035
03-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Lebron is a bit shook knowing that he plays on the most stacked team ever and probably won't get another ring. He should take a pay cut if he needs more stacking to win rather than cry about the salary cap

FKAri
03-29-2014, 05:25 PM
lol if this were reality the bottom half of the league would be making peanuts. :lol

KyrieTheFuture
03-29-2014, 05:29 PM

Entertainment and sports pay a lot bc people are paying to see you and the spots are limited.

Youre not paying to watch a doctor--youre paying for his hours,medical profession,work done on you and they get paid good but there are hundreds of thousands or millions of doctors
There arent millions of pro nba,nfl,mlb players only hundreds or couple thousand max and youre one person paying a doctor but millions every day basically pay to watch and see an athlete,entertainer

If there were a limited amount of doctors in whole world and only select hundreds made it to the top with millions paying for them every day and thise doctors making a crapload of money for their superiors and/or sponsors then they would be making tens of millions as well

Supply and Demand.

I already knew you were an ignorant child, but this just points out you know absolutely nothing about the pharmaceutical industry. The discoverer would not be credited or receive any royalties. The company that owns the rights to that would profit from it. You don't know anything about medical research.

Also, Ventor receives millions in funding for his research. Don't act like he's paying out of pocket.

oh the horror
03-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Before you idiots turn this into a Lebron hate thread or Lebron vs Kobe vs Durant mania....

He's 100% right. The owners continue to find ways to line their pockets and get more and more. There's no cap on what the owners can try to scrounge up but the players have a cap?

Where do you all think that money will go when they throw ads on the jerseys? It sure as HELL isn't going toward players.

FLDFSU
03-29-2014, 06:15 PM

Supply and Demand.

:applause:

When he said that I was thinking the same thing. If I found a cure for AIDs or especially cancer...

My kid's kid's kid's kid's kid's kid's kid's great great great great-grand kids would not have to work.

Flash31
03-29-2014, 06:19 PM
I already knew you were an ignorant child, but this just points out you know absolutely nothing about the pharmaceutical industry. The discoverer would not be credited or receive any royalties. The company that owns the rights to that would profit from it. You don't know anything about medical research.

Also, Ventor receives millions in funding for his research. Don't act like he's paying out of pocket.

Ignorant child?

Far far from that description

I know more about pharmas,patents,ownership,
rights to distribute,claim stakes than you think.

No sht the proprietary owner and superior that whoever the person was workin under would own the rights and patent to it.

But what you're not getting at is vaccines,cures,pharma companies aren't just for the common good,they're businesses first and foremost.

For example the guy who made penicillin could have kept his patent and made loads of money but instead he distributed it out and gave up his right which allowed it to be globally made and sent.

Companies aren't always paying out of pocket true man.

But a cure for cancer would do gangbusters in money but at the very same time tgough might get held up by companies due to them literally making more money off of radiation and cancer Treatments than a cure

The discoverer would be granted Nothing true
unless he owned the patent for it in which case it's open market season.

All this money going into finding cures for cancer and aids
and you get this so far,doesnt add up you know

Now if somebody found and made a cure and patented it
If he or she owns the rights to it unequivocally and has full disclosure on it
then they could open up to the highest bidder and open market to companies or select parties just the question is will the fda allow it?

Flash31
03-29-2014, 06:34 PM
If I found and made the cure for cancer
Id patent,trademark own every right to it
and distribute it out to companies,individuals

If anybody did they're not worry about finances or any material thing ever again

That would make them the richest,wealthiest person ever

You're not talking Billions,you're talking trillions maybe more in income from it for life

KyrieTheFuture
03-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Ignorant child?

Far far from that description

I know more about pharmas,patents,ownership,
rights to distribute,claim stakes than you think.

No sht the proprietary owner and superior that whoever the person was workin under would own the rights and patent to it.

But what you're not getting at is vaccines,cures,pharma companies aren't just for the common good,they're businesses first and foremost.

For example the guy who made penicillin could have kept his patent and made loads of money but instead he distributed it out and gave up his right which allowed it to be globally made and sent.

Companies aren't always paying out of pocket true man.

But a cure for cancer would do gangbusters in money but at the very same time tgough might get held up by companies due to them literally making more money off of radiation and cancer Treatments than a cure

The discoverer would be granted Nothing true
unless he owned the patent for it in which case it's open market season.

All this money going into finding cures for cancer and aids
and you get this so far,doesnt add up you know

Now if somebody found and made a cure and patented it
If he or she owns the rights to it unequivocally and has full disclosure on it
then they could open up to the highest bidder and open market to companies or select parties just the question is will the fda allow it?

The guy who made penicillin was not being funded for it's discovery to my knowledge. My point is, the man who actually discovered the cure for cancer (which technically isn't possible, it's not like cancer is just one thing) would receive nothing, the company who funded his research would. Also, you would never ever be able to fund your own research to discover the cure, one man will never profit from the discovery of medicine, just the CEO, Board, Shareholders etc.

Trollsmasher
03-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Once again some kid does not get the capitalism and complains about the overpaid stars in sports:lol

HOoopCityJones
03-29-2014, 07:52 PM
All this means is the honeymoon is over for the Big Three.

Each one of them will want a raise.

Just2McFly
03-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Once again some kid does not get the capitalism and complains about the overpaid stars in sports:lol
Yup :roll:

:applause: @ you and oh the horror for being smart enough to not look at the facts of this instead of immediately bashing lebron.

Blue&Orange
03-29-2014, 09:19 PM
takes paycut to get carried to rings, proceeds to whine about salary restrictions every possible time :lol

Lebron is such a joke

KyrieTheFuture
03-29-2014, 09:20 PM
I can assure you Kobe hates the salary cap even more, dude would have fleeced the lakers for another 100 million easy.

Mr.Kite
03-29-2014, 09:23 PM
This ***** don't want a salary cap cuz he can have kobe, Durant, PG, love, CP3, wade all on the same team

then he can have blake griffin, westbrook curry as his backup

Rose'sACL
03-29-2014, 09:30 PM
This ***** don't want a salary cap cuz he can have kobe, Durant, PG, love, CP3, wade all on the same team

then he can have blake griffin, westbrook curry as his backup
That would be nice given that big markets have the most money. No idea why Lakers/bulls/knicks fans are angry.
I forgot that this forum hated sleeved jerseys till lebron said that he doesn't like them.

ihoopallday
03-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Are Laker fans really hating on LeBron for saying this. You do realize LA would be the biggest benefactor of no salary cap. They'd be the Yankees of the NBA. Guarantee Bron or Durant (probably both) would be on the Lakers if there was no salary cap.

sejoon101
03-30-2014, 12:58 AM
This ho wants to play with 4 other all stars and still get paid.

NumberSix
03-30-2014, 01:03 AM
Salary caps are fine. The new repeaters tax is fcuking retarded though.

Lebron23
03-30-2014, 02:03 AM
He has the same numbers of finals MVP as Kobe despite playing in a smaller market compared to the Knicks, Lakers and Bulls.

Having a team of all stars is kinda overrated just look at the 2004 Lakers, and 2013 Lakers. They were an stacked team on papers, but they still failed to win an NBA championship.

eriX
03-30-2014, 02:12 AM
I don't care

WORD

except you are directly contributing to these bball players making money by watching ball :roll:

comerb
03-30-2014, 06:23 AM
He could get more money without collusion. You can't have 2 AS with you and still make that much money.

Completely wrong. NBA stars make their money off endorsements, and winning titles and FMVPs is worth a lot more when your trying to sell yourself on a national or worldwide level.

Nash
03-30-2014, 06:31 AM
Salary cap shits on Lebron and Kobe. From the amount of revenue they bring the NBA and their teams, they deserve much more than the salary cap offers.

aj1987
03-30-2014, 06:40 AM
That would be nice given that big markets have the most money. No idea why Lakers/bulls/knicks fans are angry.
I forgot that this forum hated sleeved jerseys till lebron said that he doesn't like them.
:oldlol:

That was hilarious. I believe I was the one who made the thread about LeBron complaining about the sleeved jerseys. Almost every poster on this board hated the sleeved jerseys until LeBron complained about them. Bunch of senseless morons on this board.

Bandito
03-30-2014, 09:12 AM
He has the same numbers of finals MVP as Kobe despite playing in a smaller market compared to the Knicks, Lakers and Bulls.

Having a team of all stars is kinda overrated just look at the 2004 Lakers, and 2013 Lakers. They were an stacked team on papers, but they still failed to win an NBA championship.
You forgot heat 2011.

longtime lurker
03-30-2014, 10:45 AM
takes paycut to get carried to rings, proceeds to whine about salary restrictions every possible time :lol

Lebron is such a joke

Even though I agree with Lebron this quote makes him sound like a joke. he took a paycut then whines about salary restrictions. kobe got killed for taking an extension and saying that he wants the Lakers to remain competitive.

Not to mention from a competitive standpoint the Heat benefit from having a salary cap.

AnaheimLakers24
03-30-2014, 10:55 AM
why was kobe able to win with a max contractbut bran wasnt?

MMM
03-30-2014, 10:57 AM
of course he hates salary caps
he can't collude with the next best 11 players to form a super super team.

DaSeba5
03-30-2014, 03:18 PM

So true :roll:

ralph_i_el
03-30-2014, 04:30 PM

If you think they get paid too much then don't watch the games or buy the merchandise.

They make exactly as much money as they deserve. They are the best 500 ball players on the planet. The best 500 lawyers on the planet are making millions every year too.

When you can do something that other people can't do it creates value.

JellyBean
03-30-2014, 08:12 PM
:facepalm Oh brother. Shawn Marion said the same thing back in February about not wanting a salary cap in the NBA. More than any other league, the NBA needs the salary cap the most. Without it, you can kiss any small market team's chances goodbye. Every superstar will go to the big markets for $50 million (or more) a year and the other 20-25 teams will be permanently screwed.

Having no cap would pretty much mean that teams like Milwaukee, Minnesota, and Charlotte would never actually be able to compete for a playoff, maybe a championship, or retain players for very long. The NBA already has that problem right now to a lesser degree, with all these players leaving their small market teams for bigger ones.

ILLsmak
03-30-2014, 08:20 PM
well I think it's funny he's like yea I'd opt out for 300m/10yr. It's like yea man me2.

-Smak

FLDFSU
03-30-2014, 08:45 PM
of course he hates salary caps
he can't collude with the next best 11 players to form a super super team.

:facepalm

Players CANNOT collude. If Raymond Felton, Joel Anthony, and Swaggy P all decided they wanted to play for Miami in 2020-even for the vet min.-Pat Riley does not have to sign any of them. No team has to sign 3 or even 1 of them.

Owners CAN collude.

:facepalm :facepalm