PDA

View Full Version : Philly won't win another game this season

fpliii
03-29-2014, 04:08 PM
Closing the year out on a 36-game losing streak. No shame. :facepalm What a disgrace.

Hope we jump them in the lottery.

ArbitraryWater
03-29-2014, 04:08 PM
They'll win tonight

fpliii
03-29-2014, 04:11 PM
They'll win tonight
Maybe. This Pistons squad is a disaster.

Why didn't they trade Monroe?

KobesFinger
03-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Closing the year out on a 36-game losing streak. No shame. :facepalm What a disgrace.

Hope we jump them in the lottery.

I couldn't care less if we jump them in the lottery tbh, having the worst record doesn't guarantee the top pick. The Bobcats had the worst winning % of all time and only got #2, though I guess it could be argued that Stern rigged it for NOLA.

The Cavs had the 3rd worst record last year and got #1

Eric Cartman
03-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Maybe. This Pistons squad is a disaster.

Why didn't they trade Monroe?

Monroe and Drummond are the only thing that isn't a disaster in that roster. They are ****ed until a team dumb enough takes on Josh Smith.

fpliii
03-29-2014, 04:17 PM
I couldn't care less if we jump them in the lottery tbh, having the worst record doesn't guarantee the top pick. The Bobcats had the worst winning % of all time and only got #2, though I guess it could be argued that Stern rigged it for NOLA.

The Cavs had the 3rd worst record last year and got #1
That's what I meant lol. I actually don't think it's possible for us to finish with a worse record at this point.

KobesFinger
03-29-2014, 04:20 PM
That's what I meant lol. I actually don't think it's possible for us to finish with a worse record at this point.

No, there aren't enough games left and we've had winning streaks. Too much pride to drop 20+ in a row. I still think we'll get a top 3 pick though. If only we had our first rounder for next year. Do you know if we have traded any of our first round picks for 2016 and beyond?

fpliii
03-29-2014, 04:22 PM
No, there aren't enough games left and we've had winning streaks. Too much pride to drop 20+ in a row. I still think we'll get a top 3 pick though. If only we had our first rounder for next year. Do you know if we have traded any of our first round picks for 2016 and beyond?
No clue. I don't think we could've traded 2016, since from my understanding you can't trade consecutive picks. Beyond that idk.

I don't even care about top 3, I'd be happy with top 4 or even top 5 (not as much obviously as top 2 or 3, but you can still get a great player if everyone declares).

aboss4real24
03-29-2014, 04:24 PM
THEY Will get a win toward the end of the year vs a tm that isnt playing there starters

KobesFinger
03-29-2014, 04:30 PM
No clue. I don't think we could've traded 2016, since from my understanding you can't trade consecutive picks. Beyond that idk.

I don't even care about top 3, I'd be happy with top 4 or even top 5 (not as much obviously as top 2 or 3, but you can still get a great player if everyone declares).

I'll have to educate myself on Smart and Randle. I know enough about Wiggins, Parker, Embiid and Exum to say whether or not I'd be happy to have them. I just found out the 2015 pick is top 5 protected and top 3 in 2016. Hopefully if we tank next year, we tank hard enough to keep the pick.

fpliii
03-29-2014, 04:36 PM
I'll have to educate myself on Smart and Randle. I know enough about Wiggins, Parker, Embiid and Exum to say whether or not I'd be happy to have them. I just found out the 2015 pick is top 5 protected and top 3 in 2016. Hopefully if we tank next year, we tank hard enough to keep the pick.
Same.

I don't think there's much to be gained from tanking next year, though (I don't want to waste one of Kobe's last two years). IMO after we get the pick, we need to fire D'Antoni, bring in a FA this offseason (maybe not a stud), and try to entice someone for 15-16 so we can contend that year. Not sure who will be on the market next summer, though.

D-FENS
03-29-2014, 04:47 PM
Same.

I don't think there's much to be gained from tanking next year, though (I don't want to waste one of Kobe's last two years). IMO after we get the pick, we need to fire D'Antoni, bring in a FA this offseason (maybe not a stud), and try to entice someone for 15-16 so we can contend that year. Not sure who will be on the market next summer, though.

Marcus Smart is going to surprise a lot of people. He's like a bulldog version of Westbrook with AMAZING defensive potential.

Randle is somewhere between Brandon Bass and Zach Randolph.

fpliii
03-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Marcus Smart is going to surprise a lot of people. He's like a bulldog version of Westbrook with AMAZING defensive potential.

I like Smart from what I've seen/heard. How big a concern are attitude and range, though?

With regards to Randle, can he play D? He looks like he'll be a double-double machine for years to come, but I don't want a soft big.

buddha
03-29-2014, 04:55 PM
if I was goign to bet on a philly winning a game it would be tonight.

D-FENS
03-29-2014, 04:56 PM
I like Smart from what I've seen/heard. How big a concern are attitude and range, though?

With regards to Randle, can he play D? He looks like he'll be a double-double machine for years to come, but I don't want a soft big.

Smart has a great attitude, he's fierce and plays like a winner/killer. His shot needs about 3 years of hard work put in, it's the only area of his game that needs work other than his carelessness with the ball. Out of all players in this draft, Smart has the highest floor after Jabari Parker. He will be a very good pro. I hope Orlando gets him to pair with Oladipo.

Randle is a below average defender. For someone with such good feet on offense, he looks slow on defense and doesn't alter shots, steal the ball, or play even solid positional or team defense. He does box out well though. If he commits to it, he could become a good team defender and one on one guy like David West. He had to work at improving D when he came into the league.

KobesFinger
03-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Same.

I'd rather we didn't tank but rebuilding is a process. Out of this list (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9947573/nba-free-agents-2014-2015), who would you like to see the Lakers sign? We have $35m committed for 2015, and $25m in 2016.

Who would you say is the safer pick? And/or the one with the greater potential?

chocolatethunder
03-29-2014, 05:03 PM
Smart has a great attitude, he's fierce and plays like a winner/killer. His shot needs about 3 years of hard work put in, it's the only area of his game that needs work other than his carelessness with the ball. Out of all players in this draft, Smart has the highest floor after Jabari Parker. He will be a very good pro. I hope Orlando gets him to pair with Oladipo.

Randle is a below average defender. For someone with such good feet on offense, he looks slow on defense and doesn't alter shots, steal the ball, or play even solid positional or team defense. He does box out well though. If he commits to it, he could become a good team defender and one on one guy like David West. He had to work at improving D when he came into the league.
Smart is not very athletic and he's not particularly fast either, both of which will be a problem for him in the pros especially the way the league is headed with very fast guards. He's not really good at anything but he works really hard a dm hustles which is great for sure but I just don't see him being good. His shot is crap and he turns the ball over and he's just a decent passer. Maybe he'll be a great pro but I just don't see it with him. You never know though.

D-FENS
03-29-2014, 05:06 PM
Who would you say is the safer pick? And/or the one with the greater potential?

Smart is the safer pick. You are guaranteed a guy that plays both ends of the floor and would kill his grandmother to win.

But, the Lakers need to get their hands on Exum and to have him train with Kobe and Nash exclusively. If Nash is going to bum around and not play, he may as well take Exum under his wing.

The Lakers will be an interesting looking team with Gasol playing in Memphis or San Antonio

D-FENS
03-29-2014, 05:11 PM
Smart is not very athletic and he's not particularly fast either, both of which will be a problem for him in the pros especially the way the league is headed with very fast guards. He's not really good at anything but he works really hard a dm hustles which is great for sure but I just don't see him being good. His shot is crap and he turns the ball over and he's just a decent passer. Maybe he'll be a great pro but I just don't see it with him. You never know though.

You're correct, you don't know.

Not athletic or fast? He's not elite in either cataegory, but his body control is AMAZING, like Wade or Rose. Smart is highly skilled and just needs to reign in his play. He needs a good coach.

His defensive potential is up there at Gary Payton levels. The last NCAA point guard I saw with this much talent was Chris Paul. Marcus Smart is the real deal, and I'm not even a fan of Oklahoma State at all.

fpliii
03-29-2014, 05:14 PM

1) In that case, I'm definitely a fan. We can't afford a bust here, unless the guy has sky-high potential. I think this puts him squarely in the top 5 then, since you have three guys with crazy potential (Wiggins, Embiid, Exum), and two who won't bust (Jabari, Smart).
2) How is Randle's lateral quickness? Also, would you say he's soft?

I'd rather we didn't tank but rebuilding is a process. Out of this list (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9947573/nba-free-agents-2014-2015), who would you like to see the Lakers sign? We have $35m committed for 2015, and $25m in 2016.
So the cap is $58,679,000 this year. For the sake of simplicity, let's say it'll be $60M the next couple years. So we have $25M to work with next year, $35M in 2016.

IMO it depends on who we draft. If we go with Jabari, who will be ready to play, I think we try and sign Bosh and resign Pau (for a reasonable price), and make a run at it.

If we draft a project, I think we try and get Deng (he might ask for a lot, though), and try and go for it all the next year. Love, LMA (TBH Bosh might be a better call), maybe Marc Gasol.

I don't want to **** around with any combo guards/scoring PGs, or aging vets. I don't know when WB will be available, but he can play defense, so he'd be the exception (if he can stay healthy).

Genaro
03-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Lakers' 2015 pick belongs to Suns (Top 5 protected) and 2017 to Magic (Top 5 protected), so no tanking after this year (unless everybody gets hurt)

Hope we get lucky(or fix :D ) the lotery, Lakers ought to get a franchise player or co fp in this draft.

sd3035
03-29-2014, 05:27 PM
That's some pretty impressive tanking, they should be eliminated from the lottery for that.

The whole weighted lottery is crap, all the teams that dont make the playoffs should get one ball in the lottery, then have a second draw with playoff teams for the last picks

Soundwave
03-29-2014, 05:40 PM
The NBA should be embarrassed, that's seriously some f*cked up sh*t.

Attila
03-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Theyll win tonight

fpliii
03-29-2014, 08:48 PM
They'll win tonight
You called it lol.

Uncle Drew
03-29-2014, 08:49 PM
OP you jinxer. :mad:

ArbitraryWater
03-29-2014, 08:52 PM