PDA

View Full Version : Durant's averaging 34.9/6.9/6.3 since January

Joyner82reload
03-30-2014, 11:38 AM
on 65.3 TS%. Just for comparisons sake, the 2nd best player in the NBA is averaging 27.6/7.0/6.3 63.3 TS% over the same stretch

JohnFreeman
03-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Championship or bust, no excuses.

PsychoBe
03-30-2014, 11:40 AM

stop the narratives.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/XPqrB.gif

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:41 AM
stop the narratives.
When is it not championship or bust for the MVP of the league?

JohnFreeman
03-30-2014, 11:41 AM
stop the narratives.
Here come the excuses.

christian1923
03-30-2014, 11:42 AM
Derrick rose

TMT
03-30-2014, 11:45 AM

Derrick Rose, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Allen Iverson
Quit with the agendas already. :rolleyes:

J Shuttlesworth
Derrick rose
:roll: Of course it was. His bust was pissing his pants every time LeBron covered him.

Seriously if you're as talented as OKC, a championship is your goal. Anything less is a fail. You have undisputed MVP, GOATbrook, Ibaka, Dwight Stopper, Brodie, etc.

JohnFreeman
Did any of those guys have the team that Durant does?

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:46 AM

I'm sure those players were all satisfied w/ not winning the ring those years

livinglegend
this!
If he is this good, with the team that he has, it s championship or bust.

Joyner82reload

So what happens when OKC wins the title this year? Do LeBron stans just disappear? Do they become Durant stans? Do they become NFL/MLB fans and forget about the NBA? Just curious

PsychoBe
03-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Here come the excuses.

i didn't make one excuse, i just said stop the narratives. the mvp is a regular season award, not a post season one.

someone answered that for you

livinglegend
03-30-2014, 11:48 AM
So what happens when OKC wins the title this year? Do LeBron stans just disappear? Do they become Durant stans? Do they become NFL/MLB fans and forget about the NBA? Just curious

They accept and move on. We are not weak like you.
You are the one that disappear each time Durant gets owned.
Prove: last time he played Lebron.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:49 AM
As a LeBron fan, I'd rather see OKC win it over anybody else but Miami. Always been a fan of KD's game, and Bron/KD are obviously good friends. And let's not act like if KD wins this year, he jumps ahead of LeBron on the all time list. He still has plenty of catching up to to w/ another ring/FMVP as well as MVP awards. If KD wins this year, not much would change but I'd rather see him win it than the Spurs or Indy for sure.

PsychoBe
03-30-2014, 11:50 AM

perkins and sefolosha > stoudamire and joe johnson, deng and noah,

stop the hyperbole.

JohnFreeman
Durant the regular season warrior

Quickening
Durant stans are hilarious... basically say he is better than Lebron has ever been, but at the same time it won't be disappointing if his team doesn't win a championship this season, yet he has a top 5 calibre player in Westbrook and an all star calibre player in Ibaka, plus good depth. :lol :roll:

Joyner82reload
03-30-2014, 11:51 AM
As a LeBron fan, I'd rather see OKC win it over anybody else but Miami. Always been a fan of KD's game, and Bron/KD are obviously good friends. And let's not act like if KD wins this year, he jumps ahead of LeBron on the all time list. He still has plenty of catching up to to w/ another ring/FMVP as well as MVP awards. If KD wins this year, not much would change but I'd rather see him win it than the Spurs or Indy for sure.

If OKC wins the title then Durant instantly becomes the unanimous best player int he league and is on track to be top 5 all time. It changes everything if he wins this year.

J Shuttlesworth
i didn't make one excuse, i just said stop the narratives. the mvp is a regular season award, not a post season one.

How is it not championship or bust for this team? they are loaded w/ talent, and KD/Westbrook have said it themselves that it's chip or bust :biggums:

JohnFreeman

stop the hyperbole.
No mention of Westbrook, Harden, or Ibaka? How is Deng any better then Sefolosha?

livinglegend

stop the hyperbole.

:facepalm
Westbrook, Ibaka >>>>>>>>> any of those 2.

JohnFreeman
03-30-2014, 11:52 AM
If OKC wins the title then Durant instantly becomes the unanimous best player int he league and is on track to be top 5 all time. It changes everything if he wins this year.
After one MVP and a ring? (if he wins) Yeah...no

TMT

I'm just answering the question.

All these "championship or bust" comments are just a comparison to the expectations that Lebron has. It's not hard to figure out the agenda that Heat stans are trying to drag along because KD has stolen their King's precious MVP award.

livinglegend
Durant stans are hilarious... basically say he is better than Lebron has ever been, but at the same time it won't be disappointing if his team doesn't win a championship this season, yet he has a top 5 calibre player in Westbrook and an all star calibre player in Ibaka, plus good depth. :lol :roll:

:applause: :applause:

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:53 AM
Unanimous best player in the league at the time? Yes, that's what he is right now, hence MVP. He still won't have the career accomplishments to be ahead of Bron all time, but Durant is technically the best player in the league at the moment.

TMT
03-30-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm sure those players were all satisfied w/ not winning the ring those years

None of their teams were favorites to win it all. Wasn't that your question? :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:54 AM
lol word

LeBron = championship or bust

but Durant = not a bust if he doesnt' win.

Just shows that Durant fans truly believe LeBron > Durant. They even hold him to higher standards :cheers:

livinglegend
03-30-2014, 11:54 AM

It's not hard to figure out the agenda that I am trying to drag along because Lebron stole my precious team s championship

fixed

JohnFreeman
03-30-2014, 11:55 AM

All these "championship or bust" comments are just a comparison to the expectations that Lebron has. It's not hard to figure out the agenda that Heat stans are trying to drag along because KD has stolen their King's precious MVP award.
So you don't think Durant should win a ring with this team and with the season he is having? I feel a pass coming on.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:55 AM
None of their teams were favorites to win it all. Wasn't that your question? :oldlol:
Championship or bust doesn't mean you're the favorites to win. People have been saying finals or bust for CP3 for years and Clips have pretty much never been the odds on favorite. I'm sure the Rockets would be disappointed w/ anything less than a ring or finals appearance considering they recruited Dwight.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:56 AM
So you don't think Durant should win a ring with this team and with the season he is having? I feel a pass coming on.
Durant's not that great of a player. We don't hold him to a standard of "Championship or bust" because he's simply not that calibur of player. Only Jordan/LeBron/Kobe calibur get held to that standard regardless of what team they're on.

TMT
03-30-2014, 11:57 AM

Of course he should. They are still the best team in the West in my opinion.

But would it be as big a let down if OKC didn't win it all as compared to Miami not winning it all? :no:

JohnFreeman
03-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Durant's not that great of a player. We don't hold him to a standard of "Championship or bust" because he's simply not that calibur of player. Only Jordan/LeBron/Kobe calibur get held to that standard regardless of what team they're on.
Got it.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:58 AM
But would it be as big a let down if OKC didn't win it all as compared to Miami not winning it all? :no:
The funny thing is that nobody said this at all, but you made it up in your mind.

livinglegend

no, it would be a bigger disappointement

Quickening

If the answer to your question is no... then its because people accept that Lebron > KD but the latter just been in better form this season, because Durant certainly has the better cast outside of him. King James :bowdown: :applause: :banana:

PsychoBe
03-30-2014, 11:59 AM
How is it not championship or bust for this team? they are loaded w/ talent, and KD/Westbrook have said it themselves that it's chip or bust :biggums:

the nagging injuries on westbrook and perkins and sefolosha, as well as the dependency of roleplayers such as reggie jackson, jeremy lamb, and steven adams to somehow turn into all-star warriors in a half-court setting in the post-season stacks the deck against the team.

No mention of Westbrook, Harden, or Ibaka? How is Deng any better then Sefolosha?

harden is not on the team, ibaka is not a top-tier pf by any stretch of the imagination (only defensively) and westbrook has nagging injuries and missed approximately 30 games this season.

"good depth" with derrick fisher, reggie jackson, steven adams, and jeremy lamb. i assure you if bran woke up with those teammates instead of wade, bosh, battier, and anderson, you would hop on another bandwagon.

TMT
03-30-2014, 12:00 PM
The funny thing is that nobody said this at all, but you made it up in your mind.

Like I said previously. It's no secret that your "championship or bust" expectation is residing on the fact that he's taking the MVP away from Bron. The expectations haven't been as high the past two years, but an MVP changes that in your eyes obviously.

But yeah, let's keep that on the DL. Wouldn't want your true colors to show.

JohnFreeman
03-30-2014, 12:01 PM
Like I said previously. It's no secret that your "championship or bust" expectation is residing on the fact that he's taking the MVP away from Bron. The expectations haven't been as high the past two years, but an MVP changes that in your eyes obviously.

So in your opinion, how many years can Durant go without winning a ring, before we label it chip or bust?

StrongLurk
http://i.imgur.com/XPqrB.gif

:lol

PsychoBe
If the answer to your question is no... then its because people accept that Lebron > KD but the latter just been in better form this season, because Durant certainly has the better cast outside of him. King James :bowdown: :applause: :banana:

you don't even believe that yourself and nobody is convinced that you do either so you can drop the charade.

TMT
03-30-2014, 12:02 PM

Or because the Heat are a super team, back to back champions, who came together to do just that, while the Thunder are still trying to piece it all together. :confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 12:03 PM
the nagging injuries on westbrook and perkins and sefolosha, as well as the dependency of roleplayers such as reggie jackson, jeremy lamb, and steven adams to somehow turn into all-star warriors in a half-court setting in the post-season stacks the deck against the team.
Most teams are dealing w/ injuries, including the Heat who have Wade out every other game. I'd give Durant a pass if Westbrook got injured, but let's not forget Kobe/LeBron were still able to win series w/key players injured like Bosh/Wade. The OKC team has too much talent to be happy w/ less than a chip. Heat are also dealing w/ tons of injuries right now... are you no longer holding them to "Championship or bust" for the season?

navy
Typical excuses as usual. Durant is the best player in the league and has a top 10 player in Westbrook at his side.

It is championship or bust. He has no excuses. If he loses in the post season it will be seen as a failure, especially if he loses to Lebron.

Quickening
"good depth" with derrick fisher, reggie jackson, steven adams, and jeremy lamb. i assure you if bran woke up with those teammates instead of wade, bosh, battier, and anderson, you would hop on another bandwagon.

You forgot to mention Ibaka And Westbrook, and Battier is a scrub now... have you seen his numbers? And Anderson is great depth?:biggums: You're reaching son

PsychoBe
03-30-2014, 12:04 PM
So in your opinion, how many years can Durant go without winning a ring, before we label it chip or bust?

about as many as bran did. is that the answer you wanted?

"chip or bust" are only for teams that have "gotten it together" and are head and shoulders above the rest. having young role-player teammates like reggie jackson, jeremy lamb, and steven adams does not make okc a "chip or bust" team, those players need more time and will only go as far as kd and westbrook take them.

JohnFreeman
03-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Typical excuses as usual. Durant is the best player in the league and has a top 10 player in Westbrook at his side.

It is championship or bust. He has no excuses. If he loses in the post season it will be seen as a failure, especially if he loses to Lebron.
This is what I said, but he seems to be getting a pass. The 2012 Thunder were favored to win the finals, and they got backdoor swept :oldlol:

Quickening
Or because the Heat are a super team, back to back champions, who came together to do just that, while the Thunder are still trying to piece it all together. :confusedshrug:

They're back to back champions because of Lebron... not some imaginary super stacked cast around him. Swap Durant with Lebron over the last 3 years, and OKC have at least 2 championships.

TMT

There's no correct answer to this question. Lebron was still looking for his first ring 3 years after his first MVP. I personally don't think it will take KD that long, but does that make him better than Bron? Absolutely not. The point I'm trying to get at is that the comparisons in terms of expectations for different players are so overblown.

Keno
03-30-2014, 12:06 PM

you said the exact quote in 2012 when durant was leading in the mvp race in january. im curious how long you think he's on track for.

Quickening
about as many as bran did. is that the answer you wanted?

"chip or bust" are only for teams that have "gotten it together" and are head and shoulders above the rest. having young role-player teammates like reggie jackson, jeremy lamb, and steven adams does not make okc a "chip or bust" team, those players need more time and will only go as far as kd and westbrook take them.

Lebron got destroyed because he didn't win it all the first year he was on a decent team :roll: :lol

Fudge
They're back to back champions because of Lebron... not some imaginary super stacked cast around him. Swap Durant with Lebron over the last 3 years, and OKC have at least 2 championships.
:roll:

PsychoBe
You forgot to mention Ibaka And Westbrook, and Battier is a scrub now... have you seen his numbers? And Anderson is great depth?:biggums: You're reaching son

ibaka is not even the best pf in his conference (not everyone has that luxury like bran does), he is elite defensively with an on-and-off jump-shot. westbrook has nagging injuries as well. and no, you do not want steven adams, jeremy lamb, and reggie jackson over wade, bosh, and battier, or anderson either. let's not get delusional.

you can keep pushing your agenda as far as you want, but nobody is buying it.

PsychoBe
03-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Lebron got destroyed because he didn't win it all the first year he was on a decent team :roll: :lol

bran got destroyed because he scored 8 points in an nba finals game and became the frozen one just like he did in 07' (yes, that did happen, thought i'd remind you) :facepalm

J Shuttlesworth

The MVP changes things a lot, yes, and shouldn't it? Durant has been balling out of his mind, and respect to him. A guy averaging 35 for 4 months is going to raise the expectations of a team, and rightfully so. Also, the Thunder have the second best record in the league even w/ Westbrook suffering injuries for a large portion of the season. The fact that they maintained one of the best records in the league through that stretch is incredible, and shows how talented this team is.

Are you really asking me why this team is considered one of the favorites now when they weren't a few years ago? Because that's a really stupid question. Their main player is more mature/developed and the team has better chemistry.

TMT

Lebron wasn't getting anywhere before Wade, Bosh, Allen, Mike Miller, Battier. You mean to tell me if he was still in Cleveland with a mediocre supporting cast that Lebron would still be winning rings because of what he alone is doing?

Quickening
03-30-2014, 12:09 PM
bran got destroyed because he scored 8 points in an nba finals game and became the frozen one just like he did in 07' (yes, that did happen, thought i'd remind you) :facepalm

6/24 game 7

JohnFreeman
03-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Why are the Durant stans claiming our replies are "agenda"? Nobody is trolling, we are just asking about the expectations. Sensitive people

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Lebron wasn't getting anywhere before Wade, Bosh, Allen, Mike Miller, Battier. You mean to tell me if he was still in Cleveland with a mediocre supporting cast that Lebron would still be winning rings because of what he alone is doing?
Comparing cleveland's cast to this current OKC cast :facepalm

Fudge
03-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Damn, brodie. You got em.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 12:11 PM
I would think if i were Durant and Westbrook and found out my fans were happy w/ less than a championship, i'd be pretty insulted.

Quickening
03-30-2014, 12:13 PM

I am telling you that the cast outside of Lebron is no better, actually in my opinion worse than the cast thats been outside Durant for the last 4 years.

Stick Lebron in a team with Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden and see him win a chip every year.

TMT
03-30-2014, 12:14 PM
The MVP changes things a lot, yes, and shouldn't it? Durant has been balling out of his mind, and respect to him. A guy averaging 35 for 4 months is going to raise the expectations of a team, and rightfully so. Also, the Thunder have the second best record in the league even w/ Westbrook suffering injuries for a large portion of the season. The fact that they maintained one of the best records in the league through that stretch is incredible, and shows how talented this team is.

Are you really asking me why this team is considered one of the favorites now when they weren't a few years ago? Because that's a really stupid question. Their main player is more mature/developed and the team has better chemistry.

Not really, like I said it's a regular season award. If every player who dominated the regular season has instant success throughout the playoffs then this league would have a whole different perspective, but it doesn't work that way. I just don't see how being the MVP talks the past couple years, people are saying "Ok, OKC is in the championship mix". But now that he's won it it's, "Championship or bust! No excuses!".

Yeah, KD is obviously better better and more seasoned. But you realize basketball is a team game and so many more factors have to go into winning a championship, right? As much as the league loves to portray it, there are no 1-man teams.

Fudge
03-30-2014, 12:14 PM
I would think if i were Durant and Westbrook and found out my fans were happy w/ less than a championship, i'd be pretty insulted.
I'm expecting that ring, brodie. :confusedshrug:

Why you LaBrahn stans getting riled up over such a little thing?

ImKobe
03-30-2014, 12:15 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2005.html

Amare putting up 26 & 9
Marion putting up 19 & 11
JJ putting up 17 5 4

Jim Jackson shooting 46% from 3, Joe Johnson shooting 48% from 3 on over 4 attempts a game

Please, tell me how stacked OKC is.

navy

No shit. The MVP is expected to win. If he has a championship caliber squad (he does) he has no excuses to lose.

TMT
Comparing cleveland's cast to this current OKC cast :facepalm

:lol When did I do that?

This guy is saying the sole reason Miami is winning now is because of Lebron. So I asked him if he would be doing the same thing back in Cleveland right now. Obviously he wouldn't.

Now, if we're talking about putting pre-ring Lebron on OKC that would make a lot more sense.

TMT
03-30-2014, 12:17 PM
I am telling you that the cast outside of Lebron is no better, actually in my opinion worse than the cast thats been outside Durant for the last 4 years.

Stick Lebron in a team with Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden and see him win a chip every year.

So you are saying Lebron with championship experience on OKC would be a success. What about pre-champion Lebron? :confusedshrug:

navy
03-30-2014, 12:17 PM
No, the difference is even with mediocre cast, Lebron was still expected to win.

JohnFreeman
03-30-2014, 12:18 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2005.html

Amare putting up 26 & 9
Marion putting up 19 & 11
JJ putting up 17 5 4

Jim Jackson shooting 46% from 3, Joe Johnson shooting 48% from 3 on over 4 attempts a game

Please, tell me how stacked OKC is.
So those three players, are equal to a team with Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and Durant? k.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Not really, like I said it's a regular season award. If every player who dominated the regular season has instant success throughout the playoffs then this league would have a whole different perspective, but it doesn't work that way. I just don't see how being the MVP talks the past couple years, people are saying "Ok, OKC is in the championship mix". But now that he's won it it's, "Championship or bust! No excuses!".

Yeah, KD is obviously better better and more seasoned. But you realize basketball is a team game and so many more factors have to go into winning a championship, right? As much as the league loves to portray it, there are no 1-man teams.
once again, you're using "championship or bust" to describe only one team in the league, but a lot of people have said OKC, HOU, IND to be "Championship or bust" teams even though they are not the defending champs. Honestly, we just disagree over the fact that there can be more than 1 team w/ "Champ or bust" mentality in the league. IND has that mentality right now and Westbrook/Durant mentioned they feel the same about this season. At this point, we're arguing semantics.

And yes KD is better, but his whole team is also much better. KD isn't he only reason I'm holding them to a chip or bust.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm expecting that ring, brodie. :confusedshrug:

Why you LaBrahn stans getting riled up over such a little thing?
You're the first one to actually have high expectations for Durant. Props :cheers:

No, the difference is even with mediocre cast, Lebron was still expected to win.
Exactly. LeBron still held himself to a "Chip or bust" mentality even when his team was weak. I'm sure Durant does too, but his stans are filled w/ excuses.

Quickening
03-30-2014, 12:20 PM
So you are saying Lebron with championship experience on OKC would be a success. What about pre-champion Lebron? :confusedshrug:

Are you retarded? Cleveland cast sucked, arguably the worst supporting cast ever to get to the finals... and yet people still slated Lebron when he didn't win. As soon as Lebron join a team with a decend cast outside of him. i.e what Durant has had for years. He has made 3 finals in a row, and won two as the obvious main man.

And Yes If Lebron had left cleveland and swapped with Durant, I think he would have won at least a couple of championships with the supporting cast Durant has had.

navy
03-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Heat OKC San Antonio all have a championship or bust label.
Indiana only has to beat Miami or else their whole season will be a failure.
Houston and LA need to make it past the first round and at least lose to OKC or SA. Time is running out for CP3 though.

Anything else for these teams is a ****ing bust. No way around it.

red1
03-30-2014, 12:22 PM
impressive stats. if the team is healthy it is championship or bust

PsychoBe
03-30-2014, 12:23 PM
at the end of the day, a team with derrick fisher, steven adams, reggie jackson, and jeremy lamb as main contributing players will only go as far as their superstars (kd and westbrook) will take them. if they take them to the promised land, that's good on them, if they don't it's not that big of a deal because those role-players dont even have post-season experience (aside from reggie)

learn context.

Fudge
We still have Harden? Damn, son. I be clueless about my team now and shit.

J Shuttlesworth
Are people really claiming not winning a title is a successful year for OKC?

Holy ****.
I love Durant, but his fanbase is ****ing retarded.

Quickening
03-30-2014, 12:24 PM
at the end of the day, a team with derrick fisher, steven adams, reggie jackson, and jeremy lamb as main contributing players will only go as far as their superstars (kd and westbrook) will take them. if they take them to the promised land, that's good on them, if they don't it's not that big of a deal because those role-players dont even have post-season experience (aside from reggie)

learn context.

Derrick Fisher has no post season experience... you bleached him from your memory because he bailed Kobe out so much? :biggums:

PsychoBe
03-30-2014, 12:26 PM
Derrick Fisher has no post season experience... you bleached him from your memory because he bailed Kobe out so much? :biggums:

yea i forgot about him. such a forgettable roleplayer.

i'm kidding he's good when he needs to be, but he's old and can't contribute too much aside from the occasional hot shooting streaks.

and no he did not "bail-out" kobe stop the narratives and stick to the topic.

red1
03-30-2014, 12:27 PM

learn context.
current durant is better than prime kobe so we have high expectations. if he plays well and loses to the better team then he gets a pass of course

TMT
03-30-2014, 12:35 PM
once again, you're using "championship or bust" to describe only one team in the league, but a lot of people have said OKC, HOU, IND to be "Championship or bust" teams even though they are not the defending champs. Honestly, we just disagree over the fact that there can be more than 1 team w/ "Champ or bust" mentality in the league. IND has that mentality right now and Westbrook/Durant mentioned they feel the same about this season. At this point, we're arguing semantics.

And yes KD is better, but his whole team is also much better. KD isn't he only reason I'm holding them to a chip or bust.

Let's be real, Houston would consider a WCF berth a great season. Indiana will say they had a good season if they beat the Heat and go to the Finals. But there are only 2 or 3 true contenders in my eyes who have that "championship or bust" stamp on them right now.

I'm not going to sit here and say that OKC's ultimate goal isn't the championship. It clearly is. But like I've been trying to say, expectations aren't the same for KD and Lebron which has been the underlying agenda throughout this thread. While both squads, along with the Spurs, have this stamp in my opinion there is still much more pressure on the Heat to get it done and that's a fact.

Main point: KD was going to have these expectations with an MVP or not. Heat fans just like to have these mental comparisons in the back of their heads, based on the state of the Durant vs. Lebron rivalry, and that KD needs to do things a certain way. Saying that now that he has an MVP, a championship is an absolute must is just a way to undermine him so if they do win a championship Heat fans can say, "Oh, well Miami lost to the team with the MVP" or if they lose, "Lebron was the true MVP! KD is a bust".

It's all agenda. And that's all I'm trying to say.

PsychoBe
03-30-2014, 12:37 PM
current durant is better than prime kobe so we have high expectations. if he plays well and loses to the better team then he gets a pass of course

i disagree with the first notion but i agree with the second. that is why nobody holds kobe's loss to the suns against him (even despite being up 3-1) simply because his team was completely outmatched and kobe couldn't carry them constantly. there is no shame in losing to a better team. the best player on the worst team can't beat the best team with the worst players all of the time.

red1
03-30-2014, 12:43 PM
i disagree with the first notion but i agree with the second. that is why nobody holds kobe's loss to the suns against him (even despite being up 3-1) simply because his team was completely outmatched and kobe couldn't carry them constantly. there is no shame in losing to a better team. the best player on the worst team can't beat the best team with the worst players all of the time.
true

TiagoSimoes
03-30-2014, 12:44 PM
If westbrook is fine in the playoffs and thabo/perk come back good, its championship or bust. okc is on the top contender tier along with 2 or 3 other teams, there are no excuses for these teams.

okc fan here btw

KG215
03-30-2014, 12:45 PM
I love Durant, but his fanbase is ****ing retarded.
Right, and you and other LeBron stans are a bunch rocket scientists and brain surgeons.

:rolleyes:

DMAVS41
03-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Are people actually saying Durant doesn't have enough help to win a title with WB healthy?

Quickening
03-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Are people actually saying Durant doesn't have enough help to win a title with WB healthy?

Apparently KD has the same level of help as Lebron did in Cleveland...

livinglegend
03-30-2014, 01:16 PM
Heat OKC San Antonio all have a championship or bust label.
Indiana only has to beat Miami or else their whole season will be a failure.
Houston and LA need to make it past the first round and at least lose to OKC or SA. Time is running out for CP3 though.

Anything else for these teams is a ****ing bust. No way around it.

This.
OKC, Heat and Spurs are all championship or bust.

ArbitraryWater
03-30-2014, 01:22 PM

That's because they played either on trash teams or were still very young. As in D-Rose's Case, the youngest MVP ever.

I don't see why KD shouldn't win... He's an all time great, future Top 15 possibly, got a good team around him with Westbrook and Ibaka, playing insane himself, about to win the MVP, why should Durant NOT win? :confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Let's be real, Houston would consider a WCF berth a great season. Indiana will say they had a good season if they beat the Heat and go to the Finals. But there are only 2 or 3 true contenders in my eyes who have that "championship or bust" stamp on them right now

I'm not going to sit here and say that OKC's ultimate goal isn't the championship. It clearly is. But like I've been trying to say, expectations aren't the same for KD and Lebron which has been the underlying agenda throughout this thread. While both squads, along with the Spurs, have this stamp in my opinion there is still much more pressure on the Heat to get it done and that's a fact.

Expectations aren't the same KD/LeBron? Not for the KD fanbase. russwest and OP are saying that KD passes LeBron with a ring/FMVP this year. While I don't agree with that, KD should have the same set of expectations as LeBron if he wants to be considered a top 10 player. Every year for Bron is chip or bust, and KD should be held to the same standard unless he wants to be less than top 10 of all time.

Main point: KD was going to have these expectations with an MVP or not. Heat fans just like to have these mental comparisons in the back of their heads, based on the state of the Durant vs. Lebron rivalry, and that KD needs to do things a certain way. Saying that now that he has an MVP, a championship is an absolute must is just a way to undermine him so if they do win a championship Heat fans can say, "Oh, well Miami lost to the team with the MVP" or if they lose, "Lebron was the true MVP! KD is a bust".

It's all agenda. And that's all I'm trying to say.
LeBron and his fans faced that agenda too where everyone said he was championship or bust. The difference is that LeBron tackled the championship or bust mentality instead of shying away from it. Durant should do the same if he wants to be considered an all time great. Unless KD wants to be remembered as a worse player than Kobe/LeBron, he and his fans should have the mentality that every year in his prime is chip or bust.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Right, and you and other LeBron stans are a bunch rocket scientists and brain surgeons.

:rolleyes:
LeBron stans have it's share of retards, but at least they're not claiming anything less than a championship is considered success for that caliber of a team.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-30-2014, 02:27 PM

LOL players who miss most of the season arent top 10 players. He wasnt even an allstar this year

but if OKC is healthy in the playoff they should win it all

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 02:28 PM
LOL players who miss most of the season arent top 10 players. He wasnt even an allstar this year

These excuses are hilarious. It's sad that you have no confidence in your team whatsoever. Trying to bring down Westbrook to raise Durant's legacy :lol Shameful.

Fudge
03-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Let's just enjoy the best player in the world and see how their postseason unfolds, ya? :applause:

Shit, y'all LeBron stans be stressing about the stupidest shit.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Let's just enjoy the best player in the world and see how their postseason unfolds, ya? :applause:

Shit, y'all LeBron stans be stressing about the stupidest shit.
We're not the ones making excuses for our team before the playoffs start :lol Although I'll give you credit, Fudge. You were the only OKC fan this thread who didn't make excuses. Have faith in your team :cheers:

K Xerxes
03-30-2014, 02:55 PM
Championship or bust is a stupid term. If Durant plays well but loses because of circumstances not under his direct control (ie team mates underpeforming or injuries), then he should get a pass. If he underperforms, he should be held accountable. Simple as that.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-30-2014, 03:28 PM
These excuses are hilarious. It's sad that you have no confidence in your team whatsoever. Trying to bring down Westbrook to raise Durant's legacy :lol Shameful.
Why did u cross out "but if OKC is healthy in the playoff they should win it all
"

Obviously Westbrook is the 2nd most important player on the team MJ didnt win sht w/o Pippen, Shaq w/o Kobe, Kobe w/o Pau, Wade w/o Shaq, Lebron w/o Wade etc etc

If OKC is healthy in the playoff they should win it all

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 04:28 PM
Why did u cross out "but if OKC is healthy in the playoff they should win it all
"

Obviously Westbrook is the 2nd most important player on the team MJ didnt win sht w/o Pippen, Shaq w/o Kobe, Kobe w/o Pau, Wade w/o Shaq, Lebron w/o Wade etc etc

If OKC is healthy in the playoff they should win it all
You were talking about Westbrook missing a chunk of the season and basically saying it's an excuse for Durant if they lose in the post season... you said Westbrook isn't a top 10 player. If he's healthy in the post season like he is now, you better believe he's a top 10 player. Of course we don't expect them to win if Westbrook gets injured again, but him being injured in the season isn't an excuse for the Thunder losing in the playoffs, if they do lose... just like Wade missing games this season isn't an excuse for LeBron if he loses this year.

B4llin
03-30-2014, 07:59 PM
lol word

LeBron = championship or bust

but Durant = not a bust if he doesnt' win.

Just shows that Durant fans truly believe LeBron > Durant. They even hold him to higher standards :cheers:

In Lebron fan logic, Durant has another 5 years and the option to team up with prime James Harden and Kevin Love before he is judged on whether or not he is a bust.

sportjames23
03-30-2014, 08:03 PM

Million dollar question right there. Either way, it'll be a fun summer around here if Miami doesn't three-peat, especially if OKC wins the title. :oldlol:

russwest0
03-30-2014, 08:04 PM
If Durant wins the title he'll comfortably be ahead of LeBron in the all time rankings.

dannywpt
03-30-2014, 08:06 PM
Million dollar question right there. Either way, it'll be a fun summer around here if Miami doesn't three-peat, especially if OKC wins the title. :oldlol:

I believe they started preparing for that scenario as early as in january with all the "Heat=underdogs" and "OKC=stacked" agenda threads. You gotta give them credit where it's duee, they are smart for trying to make the possible fall hurt less. :applause:

Rodmantheman
03-30-2014, 08:08 PM
If Durant wins the title he'll comfortably be ahead of LeBron in the all time rankings.

cool avy bro:cheers:

JebronLames
03-30-2014, 08:09 PM
He'll need to shoot very well from here on out to make the 55%+ 100+ 3pm club. Lebron is all alone in that club, but he's used to being alone, just like he was in Cleveland and like he was the last two years carrying the heat to two titles.

HomieWeMajor
03-30-2014, 08:10 PM
Greatest 3 month stretch since Lebron in 010 :bowdown:

Fudge
03-30-2014, 08:14 PM
cool avy bro:cheers:
Russwest got in your head, eh? :lol He's trapped in there right now.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 08:17 PM
He'll need to shoot very well from here on out to make the 55%+ 100+ 3pm club. Lebron is all alone in that club, but he's used to being alone, just like he was in Cleveland and like he was the last two years carrying the heat to two titles.
:biggums:

LONGTIME
03-30-2014, 08:19 PM
Best player in the world. :bowdown:

Milbuck
03-30-2014, 08:36 PM
Greatest 3 month stretch since Lebron in 010 :bowdown:
Dwight in 2011 had a 3 month stretch of

25/16/2/3/2 on 63/--/60 shooting 118 ORTG, 95 DRTG

With insane defensive impact.

If you value overall impact including defense, it's close.