PDA

View Full Version : It's seriously time to trade Kyrie Irving

PleezeBelieve
03-30-2014, 05:18 PM
He simply does not play winning basketball on either side of the court.

Fact.

If just displayed average leadership on either side of the court then I would not be making this thread.

Trust me when I say this -- Kyrie does not play Cleveland Basketball. He's a fish out of water. He never should have been given free reign to put empty stats with no expectation to win. I think he's a lost cause in Cleveland. He needs to go somewhere with veterans that will force him to play within himselfevery ssecond he's on the court.

navy
03-30-2014, 05:20 PM

Why are Cavs fans so reaction. This team has been up and done all year. Why should this up time matter more than the others with Kyrie playing?

Marlo_Stanfield
03-30-2014, 05:21 PM
they should trade Kyrie #Irving for JEremy Lin who is a better passer and PnR player and just as clutch. ten times the defender also.
then get maybe a backup Center or great 3 point shooter and make that offer to LeBron.
LeBron/Waiters/Varejao/Lin/Jack/Deng
maybe have to trade jack but Lin/Dellavedovy is very good anyway

PleezeBelieve
03-30-2014, 05:22 PM
This is not a joke thread. Stay the fukk out with the bullsh*t responses

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Kyrie is arguably the worst defender in the league. That negates the offense he brings which isnt elite anyways. He doesnt add anything and he hasnt improved since his rookie season

PleezeBelieve
03-30-2014, 05:24 PM
they should trade Kyrie #Irving for JEremy Lin who is a better passer and PnR player and just as clutch. ten times the defender also.
then get maybe a backup Center or great 3 point shooter and make that offer to LeBron.
LeBron/Waiters/Varejao/Lin/Jack/Deng
maybe have to trade jack but Lin/Dellavedovy is very good anyway
Lin makes too much money

Marlo_Stanfield
03-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Lin makes too much money
8 against the cap and he will EASILY average 15/8-9 on that cavs team. he has 17/5 per 36 on an ultra selfish rockets team and he is an unselfish player

PleezeBelieve
03-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Kyrie is arguably the worst defender in the league. That negates the offense he brings which isnt elite anyways. He doesnt add anything and he hasnt improved since his rookie season
This is more like it.

While he is a terrible defender, I just don't think he's a finished product. He'sjust nnot ready to play defense at this level of basketball

PleezeBelieve
03-30-2014, 05:26 PM
8 against the cap and he will EASILY average 15/8-9 on that cavs team. he has 17/5 per 36 on an ultra selfish rockets team and he is an unselfish player
I wouldn't want to pay him 8 a year. Not worth it IMO.

But you are on the right page tho

PleezeBelieve
03-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Rondo
Conley
Lowry

Are the type of players this Cavs team needs.

buddha
03-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Kyrie needs LeBran to hog the ball from him.

KyrieTheFuture
03-30-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm gonna ignore PB because he's a troll and isn't actually a cavs fan but this is just ignorant. He's a better defender than Steph Curry that's for sure, and he's improved his passing and cut down on turnovers quite well.

Edit: In fact, he has a better A/TO ration than Steph Curry.

PleezeBelieve
03-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Kyrie has one of the worst +/- differentials in the entire NBA.

What more you need when you see the team play like they did today?

coin24
03-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Nash for Kyrie done deal:cheers:

CavaliersFTW
03-30-2014, 05:34 PM
PleezeBanOP

STATUTORY
03-30-2014, 05:35 PM
kyrie serioulsy is stunting din's growth when he plays. pleezebelieve is on point

KyleKong
03-30-2014, 05:35 PM
What team with a superstar player would trade for Irving though?

Irving may be a star in terms of the media, but most GMs I believe understand that Kyrie is nothing more then that.

no pun intended
03-30-2014, 05:36 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/2019343/20120313_ajw_aq4_664.0_standard_352.0.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mXLKHcnQvHQ/USAHY_nYboI/AAAAAAAAYp4/PeACeCDb5Wc/s1600/act_kyrie_irving.jpg

http://nba247365.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/kyrie_irving_cavaliers.jpg

http://sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/nike-basketball-inside-access-kyrie-irving-3.jpg

http://sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/nike-basketball-inside-access-kyrie-irving-4.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r%3Dx404%26c%3D534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/03/21/3-21-oladipo-4_3.jpg

Frozen1
03-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Kyrie is a street baller, not a NBA player yet.

DukeDelonte13
03-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Kyrie's IMO hasn't proved he is the type of player you can build around but it doesn't mean that he won't ever get there.

He's taken some strides this year. I think it's too early to pull the plug on him.

A Kyrie Dion backcourt has elite potential.

PleezeBelieve
03-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Kyrie's IMO hasn't proved he is the type of player you can build around but it doesn't mean that he won't ever get there.

He's taken some strides this year. I think it's too early to pull the plug on him.

A Kyrie Dion backcourt has elite potential.
There is so much he doesn't do on BOTH sides of the court over the course of a 48 minute game tho.

nathanjizzle
03-30-2014, 06:12 PM
damn.

i think he put on too much weight in the offseason, made him slower. how come athletes dont understand this simple concept? d rose put on too much upperbody weight, tears knees, lebron puts on too much weight, loses quickness, kyrie puts on too much weight and sucks.

red1
03-30-2014, 06:15 PM
kyrie for greivis vasquez. what say you pleezebleev

PleezeBelieve
03-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Kyrie + Gee to Orlando

Orlando 2014 top 3 pick + 2015 swap pick (not lottery protected) + Tobias Harris

secund2nun
03-30-2014, 06:31 PM
Kyrie is very overrated. He doesn't impact the W/L column and plays the game in a selfish cancerous manner. If Cleveland gives him a max contract I will laugh. The guy is so overrated because he plays in a "sexy fan favorite" style and the Uncle Drew commercials. Not to mention he has an injury history.

Cleveland should trade him while he has value.

CavaliersFTW
03-30-2014, 06:39 PM
Kyrie is very overrated. He doesn't impact the W/L column and plays the game in a selfish cancerous manner. If Cleveland gives him a max contract I will laugh. The guy is so overrated because he plays in a "sexy fan favorite" style and the Uncle Drew commercials. Not to mention he has an injury history.

Cleveland should trade him while he has value.
Is he good, can the Heat get him?

Nuff Said
03-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Nope, he sucks. Y'all stuck with him.

Railgun
03-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Kyrie + Gee to Orlando

Orlando 2014 top 3 pick + 2015 swap pick (not lottery protected) + Tobias Harris
Take that and shove it up your ass. Hell no.

Keno
03-30-2014, 09:28 PM
kyrie's playmaking abilities is seriously embarrassing right now for an elite point guard. what he needs to do is work on his defense, get his ass down to south beach, and become a spot up shooter with lebron running point. same goes for melo.

kshutts1
03-31-2014, 08:38 AM
I would probably do a Rose, Hinrich for Kyrie, Hawes, Bennett and a protected pick...

But Cleveland shouldn't take that offer, lol.

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 08:55 AM
I'm gonna ignore PB because he's a troll and isn't actually a cavs fan but this is just ignorant. He's a better defender than Steph Curry that's for sure, and he's improved his passing and cut down on turnovers quite well.

Edit: In fact, he has a better A/TO ration than Steph Curry.

Curry > Irving

B-Easy8
03-31-2014, 08:59 AM
Crazy overrated.

Cavs are trash.

Bron knew what was what.

Mass Debator
03-31-2014, 10:30 AM
Rubio + Pek for Kyrie and Andy!!!

aj1987
03-31-2014, 10:49 AM
Rubio + Pek for Kyrie and Andy!!!
Why the heck would the Wolves do that? Pekovic >>>>> Andy V. and Rubio </= Irving.

JohnFreeman
03-31-2014, 10:54 AM
I will trade Thomas + filler for Irving

FatComputerNerd
03-31-2014, 10:55 AM
Wtf, is this a serious thread? :oldlol:

UK2K
03-31-2014, 11:05 AM

15 against the cap if hes traded.

God you are so on Lin's balls... but dont really know what youre talking about.

I see you see you are absent from the thread I started of Lin's first game as a starters. 1-9.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-31-2014, 11:07 AM
15 against the cap if hes traded.

God you are so on Lin's balls... but dont really know what youre talking about.

I see you see you are absent from the thread I started of Lin's first game as a starters. 1-9.
one game idiot.
i already admitted he sucked monkey balls

Mass Debator
03-31-2014, 11:15 AM
Why the heck would the Wolves do that? Pekovic >>>>> Andy V. and Rubio </= Irving.
Rubio sucks ass and basically has hit his ceiling already. Kyrie just needs a change of scenery and a great big like Love.
Varejao can give you some good role playing minutes before his contract is up to free up some cap space for a real center that can provide rim protection.

Love + Pek combo will never work. They need to look elsewhere if they want Love to stay put in Minny.

KungFuJoe
03-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Holy crap how far has this guy fallen? Now, I admit I don't follow Irving very much and I can't stand guys who don't play defense, but wasn't it just last year when everyone on ISH was proclaiming this guy to be the best PG in the league and a top 5 player in a few more seasons?

FatComputerNerd
03-31-2014, 01:47 PM
Holy crap how far has this guy fallen? Now, I admit I don't follow Irving very much and I can't stand guys who don't play defense, but wasn't it just last year when everyone on ISH was proclaiming this guy to be the best PG in the league and a top 5 player in a few more seasons?

He's had a rough time since his injury last season, with his FG % dropping. Part of this is also due to him being double and triple teamed every time he has the ball since opponents fear him.

Add Waiters playing well with him out again now, and all of a sudden Kyrie is a scrub who we should trade. :facepalm

Never mind the fact that he was having a pretty decent season this year before the injury, including winning the all-star game MVP.

(e)
03-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Not time to trade him, but I think he's overrated.

I've had some hate for him pretty bad this year, I think it's sad that he couldn't lead his team to the Playoffs in the East. John Wall is having no issues doing that this year.

Wall > Irving

DukeDelonte13
03-31-2014, 02:08 PM
Not time to trade him, but I think he's overrated.

I've had some hate for him pretty bad this year, I think it's sad that he couldn't lead his team to the Playoffs in the East. John Wall is having no issues doing that this year.

Wall > Irving

Wall is leading his team to playoffs in his 4th year.

Kyrie has been in for 3.

This past season Wall > Kyrie but the prior two seasons Kyrie was better than Wall.

secund2nun
03-31-2014, 02:19 PM

Honestly I would rather take a center over him especially since Irving will cost a lot more than a good center because somehow Irving is a "star". A center is much more valuable to Miami then a spot up 3 point shooter (which is what Irving would be used as on Miami).

secund2nun
03-31-2014, 02:24 PM

Yes people claimed that but most people are idiots and have no idea what they are talking about. They just fall in love with flashy wing players. I remember I was in the minority believing that Anthony Davis was the best young player in the NBA by far.

ESPN rated Irving the 8th best player in the NBA to start this season. He may not even be a top 8 PG in the NBA right now :roll:

ralph_i_el
03-31-2014, 02:34 PM
Wall is leading his team to playoffs in his 4th year.

Kyrie has been in for 3.

This past season Wall > Kyrie but the prior two seasons Kyrie was better than Wall.

Wiz might have been in the playoffs if wall played more than half of last season :confusedshrug:

PleezeBelieve
03-31-2014, 02:51 PM
Did the Wizards step up their game when Wall was out last year?

Because the Cavs have