PDA

View Full Version : OKC is looking GOOD!

JT123
03-30-2014, 06:53 PM
This Thunder team just makes it look too easy. They can blow teams out just by showing up it seems. As a Heat fan I am almost jealous of all their talent.
Durant = Undisputed MVP
Westbrook = top 5 player
Ibaka = Chris Bosh 2.0
Fisher = 5 time champ and one of the clutchest 3 point shooters in playoff history!
Jackson = Would start for more than 50 percent of the teams in this league
Butler = Lethal sixth man and 3 point sniper, capable of going off for 20 points any night of the week. (That's just not fair) :eek:

Is this an NBA team or the Western Conference All Stars? :biggums:

Natureland
03-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Will easily sweep the playoffs while KD puts up 35/10/7 on 55/55/95 shooting. :bowdown:

Ibaka will average 8 blocks. :bowdown:

Russ will average a triple double. :bowdown:

#Stacked :bowdown:

fpliii
03-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Why are you overrating Durant's supporting cast?

Milbuck
03-30-2014, 06:56 PM
C-

DaSeba5
03-30-2014, 06:57 PM
While I agree that KD's supporting cast tends to be underrated by his stans, I would not put Ibaka on Bosh's level. There is a reason why OKC has a hard time beating Miami. Ibaka can't beat Bosh like Indiana and SA can.

red1
03-30-2014, 06:57 PM
if it wasnt for westbrook this would be the most hate-able team of all time. scumbags from top to bottom

Bibby4Three
03-30-2014, 06:58 PM
if it wasnt for westbrook this would be the most hate-able team of all time. scumbags from top to bottom

Huh???
:biggums:

red1
03-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Huh???
:biggums:
you don't see it? compare these scumbags to that classy bunch down in miami for example and it is like night and day

raprap
03-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Cleveland cavaliers circa 09-10

BigMacAttack
03-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Without the Reaper OKC is a lottery team.

Fudge
03-30-2014, 07:04 PM
LeBron stan meltdown, again. :eek:

Eric Cartman
03-30-2014, 07:05 PM
As a Heat fan I am almost jealous of all their talent.

http://media1.giphy.com/media/jeXiz1RAvzX44/200_s.gif

JT123
03-30-2014, 07:06 PM
While I agree that KD's supporting cast tends to be underrated by his stans, I would not put Ibaka on Bosh's level. There is a reason why OKC has a hard time beating Miami. Ibaka can't beat Bosh like Indiana and SA can.
Bosh may be slightly better offensively, but Ibaka is a MUCH better rebounder, shot blocker, and defender. Ibaka and Bosh are dead even when it comes to all around game.

JT123
03-30-2014, 07:09 PM
:facepalm You gonna tell me a top 5 player like Westbrook couldn't at least lead them to an 8th seed? Stop underrating KD's supporting cast, they blew out the Celtics with both Durant and Westbrook out of the lineup! The Heat on the other hand lost to the Celtics with both Wade and Bosh in the lineup. :confusedshrug:

Le Shaqtus
03-30-2014, 07:11 PM

Seriously, Westbrook would take them to the 8th seed at best, unlikely though

Akrazotile
03-30-2014, 07:20 PM

Regardless of how you look at Westbrook ranks individually, hes obviously not an ideal fit with Durant. And then outside of that you have guys like Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Nick Collison, Perkins, Sefalosha... Its not exactly a "who's who" of sexy names. Granted fit and chemistry is a very underrated part of a roster, and names on paper can be overrated.

But the fact that this team plays so well as a unit is a pretty strong testament to Scott Brooks. I know there are idiots out there who dont understand shit and have to resort to angrily blaming the coach any time a team loses a game, which is exactly what happens with the Thunder, but Brooks deserves some respect IMO. No coach is perfect, and a team cant win every time regardless who is coaching, but when you look at the fact that there are actually teams in this league coached by Mike Woodson :facepalm it should make people appreciate that the Thunder have a pretty good coach in Brooks.

inclinerator
03-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Why are you overrating Durant's supporting cast?
i think ur underrating it

Combat Wombat
03-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Seriously, Westbrook would take them to the 8th seed at best, unlikely though

3rd seed in the Eastern conference.:cheers:

imdaman99
03-30-2014, 07:37 PM
I think Westbrook is a great player, but he's not the ideal Robin to Durant.

Outside of that, OKC is not very good.

JGXEN
03-30-2014, 08:41 PM
WTF? Did you just say Ibaka is Bosh 2.0? Bosh>>>>>>>Ibaka

JT123
03-30-2014, 09:02 PM
WTF? Did you just say Ibaka is Bosh 2.0? Bosh>>>>>>>Ibaka
Ibaka 15 ppg on 54%
Bosh 16 ppg on 52%

:confusedshrug:

russwest0
03-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Starting two guys that together average 5 PPG.

Dumbass LeBron dickeaters whining stacked :roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
03-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Regardless of how you look at Westbrook ranks individually, hes obviously not an ideal fit with Durant. And then outside of that you have guys like Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Nick Collison, Perkins, Sefalosha... Its not exactly a "who's who" of sexy names. Granted fit and chemistry is a very underrated part of a roster, and names on paper can be overrated.

But the fact that this team plays so well as a unit is a pretty strong testament to Scott Brooks. I know there are idiots out there who dont understand shit and have to resort to angrily blaming the coach any time a team loses a game, which is exactly what happens with the Thunder, but Brooks deserves some respect IMO. No coach is perfect, and a team cant win every time regardless who is coaching, but when you look at the fact that there are actually teams in this league coached by Mike Woodson :facepalm it should make people appreciate that the Thunder have a pretty good coach in Brooks.

The only real weakness on the Thunder is Brooks...and of course that matters, but it's not like he's Avery Johnson bad or something. Don't get me wrong, I think Brooks is a problem...but he's not terrible.

But I don't see the issues you do with the team.

They have everything required to win it all;

Star player? Durant
Star 2nd best player? WB
Great do it all 3rd best player that doesn't need the ball and defends? Ibaka

Then they have a pretty deep team of guys that can support the big 3 well.

They play quality defense...5th best defense in the league.

Durant also has, even with all the injuries, a supporting cast that outscores the opponent with Durant on the bench. That is extremely valuable for the regular season...and while it means a little less in the playoffs...it's still better than having a team that struggles without their star.

For a reference, the Thunder without Durant this year are +1.5 points per 100 possessions in scoring differential. The defense actually gets slightly better in terms of rating when Durant goes out.

The 11 Mavs without Dirk were - 5.4 points per 100 possessions.

The point is that Durant has the 2nd banana, 3rd banana, and overall team to win the title...they aren't missing anything historically. The big mystery is Brooks.

NumberSix
03-30-2014, 10:49 PM
They are definitely the favorites to win the title. Epic fail if they don't.

russwest0
03-30-2014, 10:50 PM

Heat are heavy favorites to win the title according to the experts setting the odds. We'll see who has the "epic fail" this year :lol

red1
03-30-2014, 10:51 PM
agreed

navy
03-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Funny thing is they were actually the favorites in the 2012 finals. :oldlol:

red1
03-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Funny thing is they were actually the favorites in the 2012 finals. :oldlol:
http://gifrific.gifrific.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/michael-jordan-laugh.gif

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 10:57 PM
Heat are heavy favorites to win the title according to the experts setting the odds. We'll see who has the "epic fail" this year :lol
Excuses coming out awful early. You must be predicting a Thunder loss

russwest0
03-30-2014, 10:58 PM
Excuses coming out awful early. You must be predicting a Thunder loss

I made an excuse?

Lmao, heat fans are retarded as hell

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:02 PM
I made an excuse?

Lmao, heat fans are retarded as hell
OKC has the undisputed MVP, GOATbrook (top 5), Ibaka (solid shot blocker/rebounder/shooter putting up similar numbers to bosh), Lamb (3pt master), Fisher (playoff exp for locker room), and that's just getting started. Championship or bust, no excuses.

Fudge
03-30-2014, 11:06 PM
Lamb and Fisher. I lol'd.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:07 PM
don't hate on da brodie

russwest0
03-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Lamb "the 3pt master" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't dispute this doe, or you making excuses :coleman:

moe94
03-30-2014, 11:08 PM

Hatin on the brodie. :facepalm

Akrazotile
03-30-2014, 11:09 PM
The only real weakness on the Thunder is Brooks...and of course that matters, but it's not like he's Avery Johnson bad or something. Don't get me wrong, I think Brooks is a problem...but he's not terrible.

But I don't see the issues you do with the team.

They have everything required to win it all;

Star player? Durant
Star 2nd best player? WB
Great do it all 3rd best player that doesn't need the ball and defends? Ibaka

Then they have a pretty deep team of guys that can support the big 3 well.

They play quality defense...5th best defense in the league.

Durant also has, even with all the injuries, a supporting cast that outscores the opponent with Durant on the bench. That is extremely valuable for the regular season...and while it means a little less in the playoffs...it's still better than having a team that struggles without their star.

For a reference, the Thunder without Durant this year are +1.5 points per 100 possessions in scoring differential. The defense actually gets slightly better in terms of rating when Durant goes out.

The 11 Mavs without Dirk were - 5.4 points per 100 possessions.

The point is that Durant has the 2nd banana, 3rd banana, and overall team to win the title...they aren't missing anything historically. The big mystery is Brooks.

There are a lot of teams you could say this about. If the Wolves were winning, Love's stats would have him in MVP discussion. Rubio would be getting called his sidekick. Adelmen would be getting praised for turning them around.

The Knicks last year had an "MVP candidate" in Carmelo and a 6moY in JR. Woody was getting a ton of praise. They had Chandler and Kidd and a bunch of shooters. Yet they ultimately werent that good.

A lot of teams have at least two allstar level players. Only when the team wins do they start getting called "superstars." Paul George was being called a superstar when the team got off to a hot start. James Harden is now a superstar.

Your formula is silly IMO bc that sort of pecking order in terms of go-to scorer, second go-to scorer, role players etc shakes out naturally that way on basically every team. People just dont look at or remember squads that went 38-44 fifteen years ago. They just look at championship teams and assume that formula is something exclusive to them.

People IMO really underestimate the little things that make the difference for championship teams. They just assume its decided by which team has the better top 2 or 3 guys. Thats really just is not true.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:11 PM
Lamb "the 3pt master" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't dispute this doe, or you making excuses :coleman:
Look at you bringing down the Thunder's role players to make excuses for Durant when he loses in the playoffs this year. So pathetic you have no faith in your team

red1
03-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Look at you bringing down the Thunder's role players to make excuses for Durant when he loses in the playoffs this year. So pathetic you have no faith in your team
3 point master is a bit of a stretch doe

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-30-2014, 11:13 PM
OKC has the undisputed MVP (aka best player in the game), GOATbrook (top 10 player), Ibaka (great defender/rebounder who's offense isnt anything to ride home about), Lamb (elite 3PT shooter, but he's no Ray Allen), Fisher (crusty), and thats not including their head coach, who I wouldn't even call average

They are contenders but favorites to win it all? Definitely arguable

Fixed for clarity :cheers:

Fudge
03-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Don't forget Hasheem Thabeet and Reggie Williams.

:oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:14 PM
3 point master is a bit of a stretch doe
I know but people overrate the Heat's roleplayers too. I'll do the same to Thunder stans

Fudge
03-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Shuttlesworth having a mini meltdown.

Damn, brodie.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:16 PM
Don't forget Hasheem Thabeet and Reggie Williams.

Denying a stacked team is stacked :roll: :roll: :roll:

Damn, brodie.
You're the one hating on the Brodie :biggums:

Fudge
03-30-2014, 11:17 PM
Da brodie going off.

russwest0

Damn, brodie.

Shit is sad, homie even kind of admitted it :lol

moe94

Damn, brodie.

Everyone who disagrees with you is melting down. :coleman:

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:19 PM
The dude literally is hating on the brodie to try to prove that OKC isn't stacked. Fudge hating on the brodie is as big of a meltdown as one could have :roll: Proud to have caused this Fudge Meltdown 2014 :cheers: :rockon:

russwest0
03-30-2014, 11:19 PM

nah, he even admitted he was overrating OKC players on purpose.

He having a meltdown

Fudge
03-30-2014, 11:20 PM
They wylin' out every time i'd talk to em. What do I say that rustles dey jimmies?

JerryWest
The thunder is barely a .500 team without Kd, they have no zero interior threats (David Lee type of player), horrible 3pt shooters, no elite perimiter defenders and a coach that constantly says the same shit and does the same ****ing plays.

Kd is the only player keeping that Shitty-ass boat afloat.

J Shuttlesworth
nah, he even admitted he was overrating OKC players on purpose.

He having a meltdown
I'm laughing my ass off at home while you and fudge are getting your jimmies russled :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: You guys get so mad over petty arguments

moe94
They wylin' out every time i'd talk to em. What do I say that rustles dey jimmies?

2 EZ

Fudge
03-30-2014, 11:23 PM
I'm laughing my ass off at home while you and fudge are getting your jimmies russled :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: You guys get so mad over petty arguments
Dis when you know you've officially taken the L.

:lol

Damn, brodie. Thought you was the man, brodie.

Fudge
03-30-2014, 11:23 PM
2 EZ
You melting down, bro?

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:24 PM
Dis when you know you've officially taken the L.

:lol

Damn, brodie. Thought you was the man, brodie.
Damn look Fudge is having a meltdown :lol Let's hate on da brodie some more brodie

Fudge
03-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Chill. You wylin'

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:26 PM
Chill. You wylin'
Bro you sound like you melting down man. Chill out, smoke a bowl :bowdown: I know I am :pimp:

Fudge
03-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Bro you sound like you melting down man. Chill out, smoke a bowl :bowdown: I know I am :pimp:
Weak. :oldlol: i'm bout to do some lines after this Knicks win.

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Weak. :oldlol: i'm bout to do some lines after this Knicks win.
lmfao

JerryWest
03-30-2014, 11:32 PM
Smoking bowls are for preteens, start doing some lines like Fudge.

moe94
03-30-2014, 11:33 PM

heh

J Shuttlesworth
03-30-2014, 11:33 PM
Honestly not smoking though. Got a new vape the other day :rockon:

JerryWest
03-30-2014, 11:56 PM
heh
:coleman:

JerryWest
03-30-2014, 11:56 PM
Honestly not smoking though. Got a new vape the other day :rockon:
Oh god, please smoke pot instead :facepalm

TheMarkMadsen
03-31-2014, 12:01 AM

uhhhhhh

i'm sure he's not vaping tobacco bruh

J Shuttlesworth
03-31-2014, 12:02 AM
uhhhhhh

i'm sure he's not vaping tobacco bruh
lol word.

JerryWest
03-31-2014, 12:05 AM
I hate vapors

J Shuttlesworth
03-31-2014, 12:31 AM
I hate vapors
Which ones have you tried? Certain ones suck but certain ones own

Rocketswin2013
03-31-2014, 12:52 AM
The thunder is barely a .500 team without Kd, they have no zero interior threats (David Lee type of player), horrible 3pt shooters, no elite perimiter defenders and a coach that constantly says the same shit and does the same ****ing plays.

Kd is the only player keeping that Shitty-ass boat afloat.
And just like that, KD's fans are as delusional as any other.

:facepalm

DirkNowitzki41
03-31-2014, 01:29 AM
8-2 in last 10 games and those 2 losses are from dallas. thanks okc. :rockon:

All Net
03-31-2014, 04:37 AM
They do but Clippers have looked better to me.

Dro
03-31-2014, 04:42 AM
Lol, what do you think he's vaping?

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 05:02 AM
This Thunder team just makes it look too easy. They can blow teams out just by showing up it seems. As a Heat fan I am almost jealous of all their talent.
Durant = Undisputed MVP
Westbrook = top 5 player
Ibaka = Chris Bosh 2.0
Fisher = 5 time champ and one of the clutchest 3 point shooters in playoff history!
Jackson = Would start for more than 50 percent of the teams in this league
Butler = Lethal sixth man and 3 point sniper, capable of going off for 20 points any night of the week. (That's just not fair) :eek:

Is this an NBA team or the Western Conference All Stars? :biggums:

Butler is a lethal 6th man? Westbrook is Top 5 this year?

Let me ask you.

KD
LeBron
Blake
Anthony Davis
Melo
CP3
Curry
Love
Aldridge
Al Jefferson
Harden

Who of these has Westbrook been superior to this season?

I'll wait.

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2014, 09:48 AM
http://media1.giphy.com/media/jeXiz1RAvzX44/200_s.gif

Trollsmasher
03-31-2014, 09:56 AM
championship or bust