PDA

View Full Version : David West: "Pacers Have Hit Rock Bottom"

Smook A.
03-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Candace Buckner ✔ @CandaceDBuckner
Asked David West if this loss was rock bottom. "Yeah, I would say" "We can't get - I don't know what else we can do."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2011415-david-west-admits-indiana-pacers-have-hit-rock-bottom

DaSeba5
03-30-2014, 07:09 PM
This is hardly rock bottom. They will be fine.

Le Shaqtus
03-30-2014, 07:29 PM
This is hardly rock bottom. They will be fine.

Their offense is falling apart at the seams, with the way they're playing any team in the playoffs will beat them right now.

DaSeba5
03-30-2014, 07:33 PM
Their offense is falling apart at the seems, with the way they're playing any team in the playoffs will beat them right now.

I think their defense and coaching is good enough to at least get to the ECF. Maybe I'm wrong, but somebody just told me I was underrating them, so now it seems I'm overrating them.

JellyBean
03-30-2014, 07:34 PM
I do agree. When you are losing to teams like the Cavs, you have hit rock bottom. The Pacers at one point of this season was considered the heavy favorites to stop the Heat. They still can. But championship teams do not lose focus and get beat by the Cavs. Larry Bird is probably having a nice talk with these guys over a nice cold brew.

Trentknicks
03-30-2014, 07:41 PM
What the chances are the real problem is:
- Pacers have hit rock bottom 10%
- Going through a slump 50%
- Media starting the storylines early 40%

LONGTIME
03-30-2014, 07:56 PM
First round exit.

lebeast666
03-30-2014, 08:02 PM
This team is only built to beat the Heat. They won't beat whoever they face in the finals if they were to advance

Trentknicks
03-30-2014, 08:13 PM
This team is only built to beat the Heat. They won't beat whoever they face in the finals if they were to advance
Shit well in that case, better dismantle the team and contract the franchise.

Megabox!
03-30-2014, 08:14 PM
You would think beating the Heat at home in a playoff-like atmosphere would've finally woke them up but it seems like the only thing that game did was wake the Heat up instead.

RedBlackAttack
03-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Their offense is falling apart at the seams, with the way they're playing any team in the playoffs will beat them right now.
The playoffs are a completely different animal. The game slows down, there is more time to rest in between games, defense and rebounding become paramount. They'll be fine.

They still have major advantages on the interior against anyone in the EC.

navy
03-30-2014, 08:28 PM
The playoffs are a completely different animal. The game slows down, there is more time to rest in between games, defense and rebounding become paramount. They'll be fine.

They still have major advantages on the interior against anyone in the EC.
No they dont. West is older and Hibbert is terrible. They have honestly been outplayed by practically every interior outside of Miami.

RedBlackAttack
03-30-2014, 08:38 PM
No they dont. West is older and Hibbert is terrible. They have honestly been outplayed by practically every interior outside of Miami.
We'll see. People will quickly forget about this tumble at the end of the regular season the moment the playoffs start.

navy
03-30-2014, 08:40 PM
We'll see. People will quickly forget about this tumble at the end of the regular season the moment the playoffs start.
The Pacers are who they are. Good defense. Great even. Bad offense.

There is no reason for them not to make the ECF though. The East is terrible. And they sure as hell arent winning the NBA finals.

DaSeba5
03-30-2014, 08:41 PM

This is what I think.

Sarcastic
03-30-2014, 09:25 PM
Once the refs start letting them maul opposing teams, they will be fine.

Purch
03-30-2014, 09:46 PM
My big thing, is whats to stop a team like the Spurs from defending the Pacers, the same way they did against the grizzlies? Just pack the paint, and force them to hit jumpers?

Droid101
03-30-2014, 09:49 PM
I like how rock bottom is still better than the Heat. Hilarious.

DMAVS41
03-30-2014, 10:00 PM
Rock bottom?

This is absolutely not rock bottom for the Pacers.

sportjames23
03-30-2014, 10:05 PM
I like how rock bottom is still better than the Heat. Hilarious.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Milbuck
03-30-2014, 10:07 PM
My big thing, is whats to stop a team like the Spurs from defending the Pacers, the same way they did against the grizzlies? Just pack the paint, and force them to hit jumpers?
It doesn't matter what the Spurs do. Or the Thunder. Or the Clippers. Or whoever comes out of the West, really. If Indiana somehow gets past the Heat, they're getting wrecked by whoever comes out of the West. They were built to beat Miami, not win a championship.

RoseCity07
03-30-2014, 10:10 PM
Like I said, Stephenson is an average NBA player. He had no business being talked about as an all-star. Paul George is a solid all-star. He's not at that superstar level people thought he was this year.

They are a solid team that will probably lose to Miami. The Pacers success depends on if Miami is healthy.

Just2McFly
03-30-2014, 10:41 PM
Once the refs start letting them maul opposing teams, they will be fine.
:roll:

oarabbus
03-31-2014, 01:41 AM
What the chances are the real problem is:
- Pacers have hit rock bottom 10%
- Going through a slump 50%
- Media starting the storylines early 40%

Agreed

Dro
03-31-2014, 01:52 AM
Like I said, Stephenson is an average NBA player. He had no business being talked about as an all-star. Paul George is a solid all-star. He's not at that superstar level people thought he was this year.

They are a solid team that will probably lose to Miami. The Pacers success depends on if Miami is healthy.
Lance>>>>>>Matthews...:D

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 04:25 AM
Lance>>>>>>Matthews...:D

:no:

Dro
03-31-2014, 04:26 AM
:no:
:mad:

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 04:27 AM
:mad:

:lol

You really think that though?

Dro
03-31-2014, 04:29 AM
:lol

You really think that though?
Yes, me and Rose had had this debate a while back...I think Lance is a better all-around player than Matthews...And Lance is still coming into his own and is still defining his role on the Pacers...If Vogel would take the chains completely off, I think Lance would flourish even more, but he has to improve his bball IQ...

Matthews - 16ppg, 4reb, 2ast, 44% shooting, ts% 59%(very good ts)
Stephenson - 14ppg, 7reb, 5ast, 49% shooting, ts% 56%

Matthews is a better 3pt shooter and onball defender...but Lance is a good on-ball defender too, but not as good as Wesley...Other than that, I feel Lance is better in most other categories...

Lance has a chance to be a 20/7/7 type guy next year or later...He's good enough to be a playmaker/primary ball handler on a title contender..

All Net
03-31-2014, 04:35 AM

Maybe I don't think they would be favoured over any of the top 3 in the west spurs , OKC or Clippers.

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 04:51 AM
Yes, me and Rose had had this debate a while back...I think Lance is a better all-around player than Matthews...And Lance is still coming into his own and is still defining his role on the Pacers...If Vogel would take the chains completely off, I think Lance would flourish even more, but he has to improve his bball IQ...

Matthews - 16ppg, 4reb, 2ast, 44% shooting, ts% 59%(very good ts)
Stephenson - 14ppg, 7reb, 5ast, 49% shooting, ts% 56%

Matthews is a better 3pt shooter and onball defender...but Lance is a good on-ball defender too, but not as good as Wesley...Other than that, I feel Lance is better in most other categories...

I think Lance is a better facilitator because of his ball-handle and propensity to drive to the basket. I also think he is the better rebounder. But, his low ball IQ and desire to be flashy rears its ugly head far too many times, resulting in costly turnovers. Which goes back to what you said about Vogel keeping the reigns on Stephenson. I personally wouldn't trust him to play without constraints due to his unpredictable tendencies.

Matthews is the better shooter, better defender, and makes much smarter plays on the court.

I think if you swapped players, both teams would be worse for it. Because of Hill's inability to be a true point guard or facilitate the offense, Stephenson's ball handling is valuable to the Pacers. Conversely, the Blazers thrive with Matthews being able to play off the ball with Lillard and Aldridge as focal points of the offense, while providing great perimeter defense.

It's very close (as the statistics suggest); I just prefer the player that's a known entity. Stephenson crosses over into that JR realm of "WHAT ARE YOU DOING???" too frequently for me (though far, far less this season than previously).

But like I said, they are best suited for the teams that employ them now. And, I will say that Stephenson has the higher ceiling of the two by far.

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 04:57 AM
Maybe I don't think they would be favoured over any of the top 3 in the west spurs , OKC or Clippers.

This year's Pacers resemble the 2012 Thunder, in that they were constructed a couple years earlier with the primary function of beating the Lakers, but once they got to the Finals, their roster composition (and, to a larger extent rotation) was ill-fit to beat the Heat.

Dro
03-31-2014, 05:02 AM
I think Lance is a better facilitator because of his ball-handle and propensity to drive to the basket. I also think he is the better rebounder. But, his low ball IQ and desire to be flashy rears its ugly head far too many times, resulting in costly turnovers. Which goes back to what you said about Vogel keeping the reigns on Stephenson. I personally wouldn't trust him to play without constraints due to his unpredictable tendencies.

Matthews is the better shooter, better defender, and makes much smarter plays on the court.

I think if you swapped players, both teams would be worse for it. Because of Hill's inability to be a true point guard or facilitate the offense, Stephenson's ball handling is valuable to the Pacers. Conversely, the Blazers thrive with Matthews being able to play off the ball with Lillard and Aldridge as focal points of the offense, while providing great perimeter defense.

It's very close (as the statistics suggest); I just prefer the player that's a known entity. Stephenson crosses over into that JR realm of "WHAT ARE YOU DOING???" too frequently for me (though far, far less this season than previously).

But like I said, they are best suited for the teams that employ them now. And, I will say that Stephenson has the higher ceiling of the two by far.
I agree with pretty much everything you said....But I don't think Lance is like JR at all...Jr has horrible shot selection and doesn't seem to be a team-first player where I feel Lance is the opposite..He enjoys getting teammates involved....Lance actually has pretty good shot selection which I think is reflected in his fg% because he drives or shots jumpshots at a pretty equal rate...Lance at times would rather pass and sometimes he passes up good shots trying to make a nice pass...I just think he needs more time in his role and he'll be fine...He's still pretty new to all this...He hasn't even been an integral part of an NBA team until last season.

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 05:07 AM
I agree with pretty much everything you said....But I don't think Lance is like JR at all...Jr has horrible shot selection and doesn't seem to be a team-first player where I feel Lance is the opposite..He enjoys getting teammates involved....Lance actually has pretty good shot selection which I think is reflected in his fg% because he drives or shots jumpshots at a pretty equal rate...Lance at times would rather pass and sometimes he passes up good shots trying to make a nice pass...I just think he needs more time in his role and he'll be fine...He's still pretty new to all this...He hasn't even been an integral part of an NBA team until last season.

You're right, I was just emphasizing and comparing the general erratic nature of JR and Stephenson. But yeah, Stephenson is a much more reliable team player, and is just better than JR period.

Give me this season of Lance over all but maybe 2 seasons of JR's entire career. Dude is an unreliable cancer.

Dro
03-31-2014, 05:12 AM
You're right, I was just emphasizing and comparing the general erratic nature of JR and Stephenson. But yeah, Stephenson is a much more reliable team player, and is just better than JR period.

Give me this season of Lance over all but maybe 2 seasons of JR's entire career. Dude is an unreliable cancer.
Yeah, I'm with you on the erratic...I look at Lance sometimes like wtf but instead of it being a dumb shot, it'll be some circus layup:lol

BlackVVaves
03-31-2014, 05:20 AM
Yeah, I'm with you on the erratic...I look at Lance sometimes like wtf but instead of it being a dumb shot, it'll be some circus layup:lol

He's quite the character on the court :hammerhead:

CJ Mustard
03-31-2014, 05:50 AM
http://www.wwehunks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Rock-Bottom-John-cena.jpg

jbryan1984
03-31-2014, 07:28 AM
When it comes down to it, all of these guys are pros. Any team can win on any given night. Its end of the season, Pacers pretty much have first seed locked. Cavs are hungry fighting for last seed. This is nothing new in the NBA, happens every year.

bagelred
03-31-2014, 08:11 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3195354/rock-bottom-em-cena-o.gif

Rock Bottom indeed.

D-FENS
03-31-2014, 08:58 AM
http://www.wwezone.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/rock-bottom.jpg

D-FENS
03-31-2014, 08:59 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3195354/rock-bottom-em-cena-o.gif

Rock Bottom indeed.

Dammit, I should have looked at page 3 before posting. bagelred, you're just too quick

sketchy
03-31-2014, 10:03 AM
This year's Pacers resemble the 2012 Thunder, in that they were constructed a couple years earlier with the primary function of beating the Lakers, but once they got to the Finals, their roster composition (and, to a larger extent rotation) was ill-fit to beat the Heat.
^^This is a pretty good point actually.