PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how much it costs to install an engine?

Railgun
03-30-2014, 07:41 PM
I turn 16 soon, and if I get a job and get this car fixed it will likely be mine :banana:

9erempiree
03-30-2014, 07:45 PM
:applause: Good for you to get a job at a young age.

Most young black men don't get jobs and as they get older they are use to the lifestyle of not working and being unemployed.

I think it is great for you to work at a young age and get that work ethic in.

Railgun
03-30-2014, 07:55 PM
:applause: Good for you to get a job at a young age.

Most young black men don't get jobs and as they get older they are use to the lifestyle of not working and being unemployed.

I think it is great for you to work at a young age and get that work ethic in.
...alrighty then.

Railgun
03-30-2014, 08:34 PM
anyone?

Bandito
03-30-2014, 08:39 PM
Depends on the car and the engine. The mechanic price for the job will vary too. For an old car i had it was 700 for the engine and 600 for the work.

outbreak
03-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Do you have the new engine already? If you don't have the engine and the cars a piece of shit you may be better off just buying another used car. I used to know a guy who stupidly spent like 3k replacing the engine in his old car then tried to trade it in a few months later and the car was only worth a grand :facepalm

Railgun
03-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Do you have the new engine already? If you don't have the engine and the cars a piece of shit you may be better off just buying another used car. I used to know a guy who stupidly spent like 3k replacing the engine in his old car then tried to trade it in a few months later and the car was only worth a grand :facepalm
I have the engine already. It's a good car too (Audi), it just ran into some problems when we got bad gas at a gas station.

outbreak
03-30-2014, 09:02 PM
I have the engine already. It's a good car too (Audi), it just ran into some problems when we got bad gas at a gas station.

Were you eating mexican food or something?

Railgun
03-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Were you eating mexican food or something?
:oldlol: No i meant we got watery gas basically. it had too much water in it and it messed up the engine.

highwhey
03-30-2014, 09:58 PM
It's going to be expensive, I'd say a good ball park figure is $700 minimum. You will need a tune up as well so new plugs and oil filter+oil change. It really depends on the mechanic you hire, the specialty shops that service foreign cars like audis will charge you the most but they'll get the job done right.

flipogb
03-30-2014, 10:11 PM
you put regular gas in a car that requires premium didn't you?

Railgun
03-30-2014, 10:15 PM
It's going to be expensive, I'd say a good ball park figure is $700 minimum. You will need a tune up as well so new plugs and oil filter+oil change. It really depends on the mechanic you hire, the specialty shops that service foreign cars like audis will charge you the most but they'll get the job done right.
That is where I expected it to be. 700 isn't TOO bad if I end up getting a job over the summer/getting into this program at the local college for engineering. They pay you a big ass stipend (1200) to attend for 5 weeks.

Railgun
03-30-2014, 10:16 PM
you put regular gas in a car that requires premium didn't you?
No, they actually had water in the gas. We took it to claims court and won, but from then on the engine kind of kicked out.

KeylessEntry
03-30-2014, 10:48 PM

Its probably going to be expensive, especially if its a newer model. An audi engine has a lot of complicated and expensive electronics compared to something like a chevy 350.

I would imagine you will pay $1000 at the absolute minimum, it could end up north of 2000 if they run into problems or need to order any parts (10+ hours of labor, most shops probably charge about $100 per hour)

DukeDelonte13
03-31-2014, 07:50 AM
cheaper just to buy a different car.

Godzuki
03-31-2014, 10:35 AM
find a mechanic who will do it on the side. it should be around $500~

all he really needs is a engine hoist. they're not that expensive especially if he/you get it from Harbor Freight. Harbor Freight is the shit for tools/equipment.

PHX_Phan
03-31-2014, 02:16 PM
Lol, it's an Audi. Unless we're talking a fairly new car still worth a good chunk of change, then scrap it and get a different car. It's not worth doing major work to Audi's, Bimmers, Mercs, etc unless you have money to burn.

There's a reason why you can pick up older luxury cars for pennies on the dollar. They aren't worth shit after a few years.

TheReal Kendall
03-31-2014, 06:23 PM
Hey Jameer, I know a dude that would do it for cheap.

He's a legit mechanic and has his own shop. The only thing is you would have to get him to do it on the weekend cause he work at another shop during the week.

It would be a lot cheaper than going to a dealership or whatever.