PDA

View Full Version : I honestly could see Indiana lose in the 2nd round.

Connor B
03-30-2014, 09:52 PM
To Chicago or the Nets.

The Pacers do not have a go too scorer. No player is a guaranteed 20 points per game or a late game star. Sometimes David West will step up, sometimes Roy Hibbert will get more than 10 points, Paul George fell off and hasn't shown signs of reemerging, etc. Yes they have depth, but Evan Turner and questionable Bynum can't turn the tide of a game. They do not a consistent go to guy or good 6th man. They are a well built team but feel quite uninspired right now.

Milbuck
03-30-2014, 10:05 PM
With the way they're playing right now, they WILL lose to Chicago, and very well could lose to Brooklyn.

This team was built to beat Miami, and it's pretty obvious. But that means absolutely nothing considering there's an entire series after the conference finals, and Miami is just one team out of 30. Unfortunately for them, even if they do somehow get past Miami, they'll get demolished by whoever comes out of the West. OKC and Spurs could probably drop them in 5 games, Clippers in 6-7. I hate myself for saying this, but even the dirty, smelly ****ing Rockets could beat Indiana in a series right now.

They have some serious work to do. I don't know what happened to Paul George and Roy Hibbert, but they need to get their shit together. There is absolutely no reason for them to be sucking this badly with the amount of talent they have.

Fire Colangelo
03-30-2014, 10:13 PM
People sleeping on the Raps.

navy
03-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Chicago doesnt have the offense and Brookyln doesnt have the size.

It will be Heat vs Pacers.

Draz
03-31-2014, 12:19 AM
East is way too easy this year.

Marchesk
03-31-2014, 12:21 AM
Didn't the Pacers win 49 games last year while looking bad down the stretch, get written off, and then proceed to take the #2 seeded Knicks down before taking Miami to 7?

no pun intended
03-31-2014, 12:22 AM
Chicago should take the third seed.

MMM
03-31-2014, 12:30 AM
Been saying this all season. Heck I think they could face some trouble in the first round.

Droid101
03-31-2014, 12:34 AM
Been saying this all season. Heck I think they could face some trouble in the first round.
You used to be a good poster, but have been shit for a few months. Did your gf break up with you or something?

Come back to us man.

Railgun
03-31-2014, 12:36 AM
You used to be a good poster, but have been shit for a few months. Did your gf break up with you or something?

Come back to us man.
wtf are you on about old man? he's right.

imnew09
03-31-2014, 12:37 AM
In the east? To who lol. In the west they will be first round exit

icewill36
03-31-2014, 12:47 AM
imagine if lopez was healthy for the nets. they would be looking pretty scary

Trollsmasher
03-31-2014, 12:53 AM
If they play the Bobcats, I am already calling the upset in the 1st round.

Dro
03-31-2014, 01:38 AM
Playoffs = defense and rebounding...
Playoffs>>>Regular Season

They'll be fine until they get to Miami, then who knows....

oarabbus
03-31-2014, 01:39 AM
People sleeping on the Raps.

I've been meaning to ask a Raptors fan... what do you think your team is capable of? ECF visit? Do you think you can make the finals?

niko
03-31-2014, 09:17 AM
No, the Nets smallball lineup is made for teams that aren't that big up front. No matter how badly Indiana plays, the rebounding differential will kill the Nets. That's a big problem in a Chicago matchup too. As well as Plumless is playing too, he doesn't box out well, doesn't control bigs on defense. They are playing much better with that lineup but it changed the dynamic of their team from big and bruising to small and skilled.

niko
03-31-2014, 09:18 AM
imagine if lopez was healthy for the nets. they would be looking pretty scary
They were awful with him, much better without him.

sketchy
03-31-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm pretty worried about the Pacers. It's not just that they aren't playing well right now, it's that they are playing like crap AND the team looks disjointed. Gotta play together and for each other to win the championship.

My Celts are playing like crap, but they look more united than the Pacers right now. Kinda sad.

IDK, maybe I'm wrong, but that's just what I've seen.

ItsMillerTime
03-31-2014, 10:03 AM
I'm pretty worried about the Pacers. It's not just that they aren't playing well right now, it's that they are playing like crap AND the team looks disjointed. Gotta play together and for each other to win the championship.

My Celts are playing like crap, but they look more united than the Pacers right now. Kinda sad.

IDK, maybe I'm wrong, but that's just what I've seen.

You're definitely right. During this stretch, there has been 0 team chemistry. Players will often look at other players (normally Lance) like "wtf are you doing man??"

They're playing awful basketball and not one person has given an answer on how to fix it, Vogel included. Get your sh*t together, coach.

sketchy
03-31-2014, 10:06 AM
You're definitely right. During this stretch, there has been 0 team chemistry. Players will often look at other players (normally Lance) like "wtf are you doing man??"

They're playing awful basketball and not one person has given an answer on how to fix it, Vogel included. Get your sh*t together, coach.
Hopefully they can get it together before the playoffs. There's still time, man! I'm rooting for your Pacers. :cheers:

INDI
03-31-2014, 01:33 PM
To Chicago or the Nets.

The Pacers do not have a go too scorer. No player is a guaranteed 20 points per game or a late game star. Sometimes David West will step up, sometimes Roy Hibbert will get more than 10 points, Paul George fell off and hasn't shown signs of reemerging, etc. Yes they have depth, but Evan Turner and questionable Bynum can't turn the tide of a game. They do not a consistent go to guy or good 6th man. They are a well built team but feel quite uninspired right now.

The heat are 1 game out of first place and they play the pacers 1 more time this season. With the way both teams are playing I see the heat getting the 1st seed and having to play bulls/pacers instead

Legends66NBA7
03-31-2014, 01:44 PM
I've been meaning to ask a Raptors fan... what do you think your team is capable of? ECF visit? Do you think you can make the finals?

All our thoughts on the playoffs are here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330379

WallIn
03-31-2014, 01:58 PM
Brooklyn and Chicago with the way Indiana is playing right now will win a series no doubt. Raptors and Wizards can also make a series competitive.