PDA

View Full Version : Indiana should be ashamed of themselves.

Connor B
03-31-2014, 08:32 PM
This team is a joke, and its not because they are in a slump cause that happens to almost every team, its because they don't even seem like they are trying to get out of it.. If they wanted to do this half-assed thing they could have done in months ago. They need every single advantage possible in the playoffs, and that includes homecourt. They lose this game to the Spurs and all of a sudden you can forget their amazing first half to the season.

This team has made it clear all season that they are on a war path to beat the Heat and win a chip, and now at the most crucial time of the season, they can't even play with any urgency. Its retarded.

RedBlackAttack
03-31-2014, 08:43 PM
I've never seen so much focus on a team going 6-5 in their last 11.

Homecourt is probably going to be an important factor, but Miami is faltering lately too (in a dog fight right now).

It isn't easy to maintain the best record in the conference wire-to-wire over the course of an 82-game season. They look a little worse for wear at the moment. The playoffs are an entirely different animal, with plenty of rest in-between games and a much slower pace, favoring defensive/rebounding teams over the up-tempo brand of ball.

I vividly remember the Boston Celtics in 2010 and how their slide at the end of the regular season had everyone calling them done. The way they finished the regular season that year made this Pacers finish look great. I think they lost 8 of their last 10 games or something like that.

What happens? They get into the playoffs, the game changes, and they make the rest of the conference look ordinary and nearly beat the Lakers in the Finals.

People are completely overreacting, here.

thabisyo
03-31-2014, 08:46 PM
This team is a joke, and its not because they are in a slump cause that happens to almost every team, its because they don't even seem like they are trying to get out of it.. If they wanted to do this half-assed thing they could have done in months ago. They need every single advantage possible in the playoffs, and that includes homecourt. They lose this game to the Spurs and all of a sudden you can forget their amazing first half to the season.

This team has made it clear all season that they are on a war path to beat the Heat and win a chip, and now at the most crucial time of the season, they can't even play with any urgency. Its retarded.

I believe they are purposely losing to avoid 1st seed. if they get first seed, they will have a horrible way to the ECF and might not even get there if they have to go through bulls, nets and knicks if they make it. any of those teams can beat pacers. Pacers were made to beat the heat and not rule the NBA. either way, they arent winning the chip with or without the 1st seed

3LiftHeatCurse
03-31-2014, 08:47 PM
Trading Granger was a mistake.

FreezingTsmoove
03-31-2014, 08:58 PM
It didnt show on the court but theres no doubt in my mind granger was the captain of the team. I can only imagine how the rest of the pacers felt hearing their leader got traded mid season. Not to mention evan turner brings a losing mentality

Draz
03-31-2014, 09:35 PM
Trading Granger was a mistake.
He's rolling in his grave

Mr. Incredible
03-31-2014, 09:38 PM

Homecourt is probably going to be an important factor, but Miami is faltering lately too (in a dog fight right now).

It isn't easy to maintain the best record in the conference wire-to-wire over the course of an 82-game season. They look a little worse for wear at the moment. The playoffs are an entirely different animal, with plenty of rest in-between games and a much slower pace, favoring defensive/rebounding teams over the up-tempo brand of ball.

I vividly remember the Boston Celtics in 2010 and how their slide at the end of the regular season had everyone calling them done. The way they finished the regular season that year made this Pacers finish look great. I think they lost 8 of their last 10 games or something like that.

What happens? They get into the playoffs, the game changes, and they make the rest of the conference look ordinary and nearly beat the Lakers in the Finals.

Of course, it's ISH where overreacting happens.

ChrisKreager
03-31-2014, 09:41 PM
Save for the '96 Bulls, has any team ever gone through a season without a true slump?

Thorn
03-31-2014, 09:47 PM
Save for the '96 Bulls, has any team ever gone through a season without a true slump?
Probably a lot of the teams that won 65+ during the RS.
Quick search:
72 Lakers only lost consecutive games 3 times
67 Sixers only lost 3 in a row once
73 Celtics lost consecutive games once
86 Celts lost consecutive games once
87 Lakers lost consecutive games once (at the end when Magic/Kareem played reduced minutes)
00 Lakers lost consecutive games only 3 times, (Shaq rested the final 2 games)

Bottom line you have to be a truly great team to rip through the RS like that and avoid the dog days of February to April.

bootsy
03-31-2014, 11:29 PM

First making a comparison to that Celtic team is ridiculous. They lost 16 games all season. They also had veteran leadership (The Big 3, Brown, Cassell, House, Posey). They had 3 players that could carry you on any given night, the Pacers might have a 1 in George and that is a big if the way he is playing. He's never put his team on his back through a playoff run before. You have to have that if you even want to sniff a championship.

Last this wouldn't be such a big deal if the Pacers hadn't made it a big deal about getting homecourt and declaring that as the difference between this year and last year so they made that a big deal and aren't backing it up right now. So yeah there is a good reason to overreact right now they brought it mostly on themselves.

Quizno
04-01-2014, 12:05 AM
First making a comparison to that Celtic team is ridiculous. They lost 16 games all season. They also had veteran leadership (The Big 3, Brown, Cassell, House, Posey). They had 3 players that could carry you on any given night, the Pacers might have a 1 in George and that is a big if the way he is playing. He's never put his team on his back through a playoff run before. You have to have that if you even want to sniff a championship.

Last this wouldn't be such a big deal if the Pacers hadn't made it a big deal about getting homecourt and declaring that as the difference between this year and last year so they made that a big deal and aren't backing it up right now. So yeah there is a good reason to overreact right now they brought it mostly on themselves.
you're thinking of the 2008 celtics. he was talking about the 2010 celtics

STATUTORY
04-01-2014, 12:05 AM
tanking to avoid the knicks

ILLsmak
04-01-2014, 04:34 AM
tanking to avoid the knicks

lol, see that's why I come to ISH. I watched a bit of the game tonight just for luls and I could tell that Indy was gonna get rolled. What came to mind? That quote.

-Smak

sportjames23
04-01-2014, 05:01 AM
Probably a lot of the teams that won 65+ during the RS.
Quick search:
72 Lakers only lost consecutive games 3 times
67 Sixers only lost 3 in a row once
73 Celtics lost consecutive games once
86 Celts lost consecutive games once
87 Lakers lost consecutive games once (at the end when Magic/Kareem played reduced minutes)
00 Lakers lost consecutive games only 3 times, (Shaq rested the final 2 games)

Bottom line you have to be a truly great team to rip through the RS like that and avoid the dog days of February to April.

I saw a stat years ago that said no team in NBA history has never gone a season without losing at least two in a row once. I've paid attention to all the best teams since then, and yes, every team including the champions have lost at least two games in a row in a season. Even the 96 Bulls lost twice in a row.

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2014, 11:30 AM
I saw a stat years ago that said no team in NBA history has never gone a season without losing at least two in a row once. I've paid attention to all the best teams since then, and yes, every team including the champions have lost at least two games in a row in a season. Even the 96 Bulls lost twice in a row.

WTF A Post of sportjames NOT consisting of "I own these stans for fun"

or ":roll: :roll: :roll: " :eek: :wtf:

What's happened to you?

sportjames23
04-01-2014, 12:03 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: