PDA

View Full Version : Why so much hate for Harden?

The JKidd Kid
04-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Yes he's a flopping little b*tch, yes he plays absolutely no defense but he's still a really good player and a star. He's a versatile scorer and a good passer for his position. This guy has been a top 5 scorer in the league and lead his team to the playoffs both years after he left the thunder. Honestly when people say shit like Harden puts up empty stats or isn't a top 20 player it boggles my mind.

IncarceratedBob
04-01-2014, 11:11 PM
His only talent is drawing fouls and making free throws. He's a cry baby, he flops and people claim he's a star.

JohnFreeman
04-01-2014, 11:12 PM
His only talent is drawing fouls and making free throws. He's a cry baby, he flops and people claim he's a star.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/c79b658e8e1f7e21575aa9d9e7533b56/tumblr_mroodft1lW1rpysm0o1_500.gif

Smook A.
04-01-2014, 11:12 PM
It's cause they think he only shoots free throws. He's like 4th in the league in fta per game. BG, harden, cousins, howard, durant, derozan all avg 8 fta or more.

Some people here act like no one ever plays a bad game.

navy
04-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Harden is a good player no doubt, but people hate him for several key reasons that they will hate any player.

1) He flops
2) He gets superstar calls
3) He chucks 3s
4) He plays no defense
5) He choked a big one vs the Heat

Smook A.
04-01-2014, 11:13 PM
25 ppg on 8 fta. Where is the other 17 ppg coming from?

AirTupac
04-01-2014, 11:14 PM
He's ugly
His teeth are nasty
Flops
Bad beard. Baron Davis >> Harden
No defense

YouGotServed
04-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Because he's threat, because he's legit, because he's a badd badd man. Superstars catch heat and Harden is a superstar.

Nobody hates Ellis, or Klay Thompson...because they aren't that good.

People hate LeBron, Durant, Harden, etc. Superstars.

I sit back and enjoy all the hate. I'm proud of Harden, proud of Houston. We're badd like that.

Milbuck
04-01-2014, 11:16 PM

He's ugly
His teeth are nasty
Flops
Bad beard.
No defense
http://media3.giphy.com/media/M9fqfc3IoFOnK/giphy.gif

STATUTORY
04-01-2014, 11:17 PM
his game is very repetitive

Smook A.
04-01-2014, 11:22 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/442a73b6165cf17ae54a7d5b29b1bcbc/tumblr_n2wk5mxEiI1snl9u6o1_500.gif

JebronLames
04-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Not his fault for the calls he gets. It's the refs fault. He is smart for taking advantage of it. He gets easy points and also puts his opponents in foul trouble and frustrates them.

Milbuck
04-01-2014, 11:30 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/442a73b6165cf17ae54a7d5b29b1bcbc/tumblr_n2wk5mxEiI1snl9u6o1_500.gif
:lol

Smook A.
04-01-2014, 11:32 PM
:lol
You think suicide is funny?

Milbuck
04-01-2014, 11:33 PM
You think suicide is funny?
There's only one way to find out :confusedshrug:

ABfor3
04-02-2014, 12:44 AM
Because he's the best shooting guard in the league, D Wade and Kobe Stans hate and can't accept that times change. You're favorite players can't stay great forever, and you can't be mad forever either

aj1987
04-02-2014, 02:06 AM
Because he's the best shooting guard in the league, D Wade and Kobe Stans hate and can't accept that times change. You're favorite players can't stay great forever, and you can't be mad forever either
Not really. I've never hated Kobe, even though he was better than Wade during ~7-8 of the seasons that Wade has been in the league. I do accept that Harden is better than Wade currently, but I still hate that fat piece of shit.

It's not even about hating the rockets, BTW. I like DH and Parsons.

JohnFreeman
04-02-2014, 02:08 AM
He is only the best SG due too injuries, not skill.

LoneyROY7
04-02-2014, 02:11 AM
Because he's the best shooting guard in the league

Meh, he's just keeping the spot warm for Giannis.

Milbuck
04-02-2014, 02:11 AM
That's interesting considering I'm neither a Wade stan, Kobe stan, Lebron stan, Durant stan, whatever. And I STILL think Harden is a smelly useless sack of shit. He must just suck :confusedshrug:

MrC1991
04-02-2014, 02:17 AM
That's interesting considering I'm neither a Wade stan, Kobe stan, Lebron stan, Durant stan, whatever. And I STILL think Harden is a smelly useless sack of shit. He must just suck :confusedshrug:

lmfao Milbuck is a flag carrier in the campaign of hate for Harden.:lol

Smook A.
04-02-2014, 02:19 AM
Meh, he's just keeping the spot warm for Giannis.
:oldlol:
Giannis is a SF, not a SG

KrizMiz
04-02-2014, 02:20 AM
he is only a star because the media made him one!

6th man of the year who gets his own team = star plaqyer in everyones eyes

he is nothing more than a above average player for me

JohnMax
04-02-2014, 02:54 AM
his game is very repetitive

http://oi45.tinypic.com/143zsxs.jpg

Milbuck
04-02-2014, 02:58 AM
Are you a girl? Serious question.
Does it matter?

Milbuck
04-02-2014, 03:01 AM
:oldlol:
Giannis is a SF, not a SG
Giannis is positionless. And I'm not talking positionless like Lebron, where he can play and defend 1-3 easily, 4 often, and 5 sometimes. I'm talking SERIOUSLY positionless. In 2-3 years when Giannis is 7 feet tall, bulks up a bit..he can be an all-star in every position. He could be a rim protector like KG or a playmaking point guard or a scoring SF.

ImKobe
04-02-2014, 03:12 AM
To me he's a decent player & he's very efficient at what he does, though he gets a lot of bogus calls, he's good at manipulating the refs at getting what he wants.

He's been decent these last 2 seasons, putting up near superstar numbers. averaging 25 5 5 on 62%TS is very good.

The only real knock I have against him is his defense & his tendency to disappear in big games (see: 2012 Finals, 2013 first round). He also shoots too many threes at times like he's Stephen Curry when in reality he's just above average.

YouGotServed
04-02-2014, 03:14 AM
To me he's a decent player & he's very efficient at what he does, though he gets a lot of bogus calls, he's good at manipulating the refs at getting what he wants.

He's been decent these last 2 seasons, putting up near superstar numbers. averaging 25 5 5 on 62%TS is very good.

A Kobe fan admitting Harden is a superstar? I'm impressed. :applause:

Uncle Drew
04-02-2014, 03:20 AM
FGM: 4

That's why.

Flash31
04-02-2014, 03:38 AM
Whats with all these Rockets trolls?

Hardens a fck ref created,flopping,whiny shtbag

Its like he looked at Ginoblis and kevin martins and Corey Magettes games and went

ok

flop,flop,flop,eurostep,chuck a three
And thats his whole game basically not to mention hes literally the Worst Defender in History bc he Plays NO Defense at ALL

Oh and heres this great stat this season alone

Games with 10 fta--20
Games with 15+ fta--4
games with 20 fta--1 25 fta?

25 fta game
2/9 fg 22/25

Since when did teams decide to play HackaHarden,no
Oh wait it must be to stop his scorching "shooting" ha

Last Season

10 +fta ----31
15+fta----10
20+----1
that game

5/20 19/21

Man if wed have known Harden was Prime Wilt,Shaq,Jordan,Kareem levels of scoring where people have to foul him 20 times to stop him from
killing them with another field goal made or two

B b but the TS%

Oh and Rockets D without Harden is nearly
4 Pts BETTER

Harden aint sht,last year get a low seed
This year with the BEST Player In HOU Dwight are fighting for 3rd seed

but I didnt know teams are confusing Harden with Dwight

Flash31
04-02-2014, 03:58 AM
he is only a star because the media made him one!

6th man of the year who gets his own team = star plaqyer in everyones eyes

he is nothing more than a above average player for me

Kobe got old,Wade is injured and resting time to time

so the League tried to make another star sg basically only a sg with 0,0,0 Defense
mediocre offense and shooting at best

Durant is tall,skinny,can shoot from anywhere,Nbas golden boy,LeBron rival so 10+ fta so whatever

Harden is stocky,not very quick,not tall,and is a Mediocre shooter at Best Yet he gets given A Free Throw Parade like hes some unstoppable scorer,Imposing Force,Great Player

If Monta Ellis,Jennings,Derozan,Thompson or any other above avg pg-sg got those calls theyd be 20 times the so called star Harden is

Harden and his flopping free throw calls are like Hibberts verticality

I mean KD has the ripthrough,Hibbert has Verticality,and the cheap worst thing is Harden with the whiplash

Go to rim,whip your head back like somebody clocked him,Free Throw Parade

Hardens whole game on o(He plays 0 d) is basically flop,flop,chuck 3,eurostep,flop,flop,make layup

The league pushes him as a star in same way PG was pushed as Top 5 and people eat it up like ignorant Rocket trolls

Its like Defense doesnt exist or good shooting anymore

Milbuck
04-02-2014, 04:08 AM

Its like he looked at Ginoblis and kevin martins and Corey Magettes games and went

ok

And thats his whole game basically not to mention hes literally the Worst Defender in History bc he Plays NO Defense at ALL

Games with 10 fta--20
Games with 15+ fta--4

25 fta game
2/9 fg 22/25

Last Season

10 +fta ----31
15+fta----10
20+----1
that game

5/20 19/21

Man if wed have known Harden was Prime Wilt,Shaq,Jordan,Kareem levels of scoring where people have to foul him 20 times to stop him from

B b but the TS%

4 Pts BETTER

so the League tried to make another star sg basically only a sg with 0,0,0 Defense

Durant is tall,skinny,can shoot from anywhere,Nbas golden boy,LeBron rival so 10+ fta so whatever

Harden is stocky,not very quick,not tall,and is a Mediocre shooter at Best Yet he gets given A Free Throw Parade like hes some unstoppable scorer,Imposing Force,Great Player

If Monta Ellis,Jennings,Derozan,Thompson or any other above avg pg-sg got those calls theyd be 20 times the so called star Harden is

I mean KD has the ripthrough,Hibbert has Verticality,and the cheap worst thing is Harden with the whiplash

Hardens whole game on o(He plays 0 d) is basically flop,flop,chuck 3,eurostep,flop,flop,make layup

The league pushes him as a star in same way PG was pushed as Top 5 and people eat it up like ignorant Rocket trolls

I climaxed.

KungFuJoe
04-02-2014, 04:21 AM
I don't hate him as much as I used to.

But I just can't get behind the way he plays. The flopping, the lack of defense, the ball hogging, the horrible turn overs.

I'll give Harden a lot of credit though...he's SMART on offense...in terms of drawing the foul. He also always wants the ball (no beta mentality) in crunch time. And he plays with a chip on his shoulder, unlike Howard who just wants to be everyone's best friend, without being their best friend.

funnystuff
04-02-2014, 04:34 AM
Are you a girl? Serious question.
Confirmed, Rocketswin doesn't like girls.

KrizMiz
04-02-2014, 04:36 AM
Girls love to use exclamation points when making a point, so annoying.

no girl! i just like exclamation marks!!!!!!!1111111

funnystuff
04-02-2014, 04:37 AM
Damn, flash killed it.

YouGotServed
04-02-2014, 05:54 AM

ok

Games with 10 fta--20
Games with 15+ fta--4

25 fta game
2/9 fg 22/25

Last Season

10 +fta ----31
15+fta----10
20+----1
that game

5/20 19/21

B b but the TS%

4 Pts BETTER

tl;dr

tell it again

bmd
04-02-2014, 11:29 AM
It's the same pathetic trolls in every thread.

You just ignore those people. You can't have a reasonable discussion with them.

bmd
04-02-2014, 11:34 AM

Its like Defense doesnt exist or good shooting anymoreAnd yet he was averaging 17 ppg with OKC playing much less minutes per game.

So clearly he isn't a "manufactured" scorer.

DoodleDa
04-02-2014, 11:39 AM
It's the same pathetic trolls in every thread.

You just ignore those people. You can't have a reasonable discussion with them.

Even though they are trolls, they are bringing up legitimate points. As a Rockets fan, how do you respond to Harden's abysmal defense and the fact that he constantly oversells contact for extra free throws? It's understandable if you acknowledge his flopping because it helps you as a team win, but you can't ignore that it's a straight b*tch move.

bmd
04-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Even though they are trolls, they are bringing up legitimate points. As a Rockets fan, how do you respond to Harden's abysmal defense and the fact that he constantly oversells contact for extra free throws? It's understandable if you acknowledge his flopping because it helps you as a team win, but you can't ignore that it's a straight b*tch move.I wish he'd player better defense. Surprisingly, he plays better defense against bigger guys in the post.

As for the free throws, a lot of those are legitimate fouls. He sticks his arms up when he drives in the lane and goes up for a shot, and defenders can't help but take swipes at the ball and hack him across his arms.

Yes, he throws his head back and flails, but a lot of the time they are legit fouls either hacking him across the arms or hitting him with their body.

There is a difference between legit flopping by acting like somebody elbowed you or pushed you when they didn't even touch you. Rarely have I seen Harden do that.

One thing I don't like that Harden does is sometimes when somebody is defending him out by the 3 point line and they have their arm out, he'll swipe through their arm on a 3 just to get a foul. Durant does the same thing.

I hate that move even when Harden does it. It's cheap.

But overall, he gets fouled a lot. People see him throw his head back and just assume he is flopping, and completely ignore the fact that he actually legitimately got fouled.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Harden's somewhat overrated but the hate for this guy is unwarranted, at least that's how I feel. He just had a string of games where he was killing it, scoring a triple-double in three quarters, 30+ points without soft fts, etc. But as soon as he has a bad game, all these threads pop up about him. Some of these guys are just waiting for him to fail.

WWRWestbrookDo?
04-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Yes he's a flopping little b*tch, yes he plays absolutely no defense but he's still a really good player and a star. He's a versatile scorer and a good passer for his position. This guy has been a top 5 scorer in the league and lead his team to the playoffs both years after he left the thunder. Honestly when people say shit like Harden puts up empty stats or isn't a top 20 player it boggles my mind.

Free throws. People on this forum are obsessed with free throws. Anyone that goes to the line consistently gets hated on.