PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine O' Neal Goaltend

sammichoffate
04-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Dem refs though :lol

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 01:10 AM
Dem refs though :lol

The refs explanation for the call was even worse than the no call to begin with.

They said it was because the ball was going to be two feet short...ROFL...the ball was absolutely going to at least hit the rim

And Mavs fans know why it's even more brutal than normal...it was ****ing Danny Crawford closest to the play

Could it be more obvious this guy has a vendetta against the Mavs;

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6388692

Inferno
04-02-2014, 01:10 AM
The refs explanation for the call was even worse than the no call to begin with.

They said it was because the ball was going to be two feet short...ROFL...the ball was absolutely going to at least hit the rim

And Mavs fans know why it's even more brutal than normal...it was ****ing Danny Crawford closest to the play

Refs actually said that? :biggums:

sammichoffate
04-02-2014, 01:11 AM
Refs actually said that? :biggums::roll:

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Refs actually said that? :biggums:

Yea...that was the explanation they told Dirk after the game.

Inferno
04-02-2014, 01:16 AM
Yea...that was the explanation they told Dirk after the game.

:roll: Wow, probably just trying to make an excuse for not calling it. What's the correct way to work in that situation if you're unsure on the call? Call it a goaltend and then review it?

Jameerthefear
04-02-2014, 01:17 AM
Goaltending rule needs to be looked at again imo. When we last played the Lakers Ryan Kelly put up a layup that was no where near the rim, but it hit the backboard and Dewayne Dedmon caught/slapped it. They called goaltending...

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 01:19 AM
:roll: Wow, probably just trying to make an excuse for not calling it. What's the correct way to work in that situation if you're unsure on the call? Call it a goaltend and then review it?

Of course!

You can only review it if you call it. Why on earth would you swallow the whistle in that situation????

****ing Danny Crawford man.

Now, I'm assuming they haven't changed that rule. I know in 2013 they instituted review for restricted area charge/block calls and goaltending under 2 minutes to go.

Assuming they still have that rule...there is absolutely no reason to do what the refs did. Which is why I just smells fishy...and of course it's a guy that clearly hates the Mavs.

sammichoffate
04-02-2014, 01:20 AM
Of course!

You can only review it if you call it. Why on earth would you swallow the whistle in that situation????

****ing Danny Crawford man.

Now, I'm assuming they haven't changed that rule. I know in 2012 they instituted review for restricted area charge/block calls and goaltending under 2 minutes to go.

Assuming they still have that rule...there is absolutely no reason to do what the refs did. Which is why I just smells fishy...and of course it's a guy that clearly hates the Mavs.^this Also, Curry is officially a God :bowdown:

JohnFreeman
04-02-2014, 01:22 AM

:facepalm

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 01:23 AM
Goaltending rule needs to be looked at again imo. When we last played the Lakers Ryan Kelly put up a layup that was no where near the rim, but it hit the backboard and Dewayne Dedmon caught/slapped it. They called goaltending...

If they call goaltending, you can review it in the last 2 minutes and overtime unless they changed the rule last offseason.

This is why I still don't understand people defending the refs...they could have ****ing reviewed it if they had called it.

This is why people think the NBA is rigged.

Again, I apologize if the rule is not still in place...but if it is...this is beyond just a mistake...it goes into a rough area...and even worse...the non call was Danny Crawford's to make

A guy that has ****ed the Mavs over time and time again in the playoffs over the last 12 years.

JohnFreeman
04-02-2014, 01:24 AM
Reminds me of when Durant got fouled and birdman pulled down an obvious airball, which was about 5 feet short. They called a goaltend

sammichoffate
04-02-2014, 01:24 AM
If they call goaltending, you can review it in the last 2 minutes and overtime unless they changed the rule last offseason.

This is why I still don't understand people defending the refs...they could have ****ing reviewed it if they had called it.

This is why people think the NBA is rigged.

Again, I apologize if the rule is not still in place...but if it is...this is beyond just a mistake...it goes into a rough area...and even worse...the non call was Danny Crawford's to make

A guy that has ****ed the Mavs over time and time again in the playoffs over the last 12 years.He ****ed the T-Mac led Rockets also :cry:

Jameerthefear
04-02-2014, 01:25 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/AcceptableActualBoa.gif
Even from this angle it's too close.

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 01:29 AM

It's amazing how two people can see the same thing so differently.

I'm not saying you are wrong and I'm right, but I see that is an absolutely clear goal tend...you can see the ball hit the apex and actually go down right before O'neal touches it in my opinion.

Super clear to me.

JohnFreeman
Should have been called goal tending for review.

Inferno

Damn, it actually is close. Still looks like the ball slightly began heading down

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 01:31 AM
Damn, it actually is close. Still looks like the ball slightly began heading down

Yea, but what the **** is the ref talking about two feet short? That is just nuts!

DoodleDa
04-02-2014, 01:33 AM
Coming from a Warriors fan, this definitely should've been called a goaltend and then reviewed because that is just way too close to definitively say one way or the other at game speed.

Inferno
Yea, but what the **** is the ref talking about two feet short? That is just nuts!

Yeah it definitely was gonna hit the rim at least

JohnFreeman
Anyone else amazed jermaine can get up that high? :oldlol:

davehos
04-02-2014, 01:34 AM

... wait. I thought he hated the Spurs? He screws over other teams too? :crazysam:

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 01:36 AM
... wait. I thought he hated the Spurs? He screws over other teams too? :crazysam:

That is Joey Crawford I think.

Danny Crawford is the one I'm talking about.

The Mavs are 4-17 iirc in the playoffs since 2001 in games Danny Crawford refs.

In all other games we are like 60-45

Might as well add this game to the loss column as it was basically a playoff game...

Inferno
04-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Anyone else amazed jermaine can get up that high? :oldlol:

Yeah :oldlol:

DGyaDigg
04-02-2014, 02:02 AM
Wouldn't of just hit the rim, looks like it was going to sink. Monte makes those like crazy.
Apologies would only make the wound worse. "Sorry for eliminating your 82 game season, but we admit, you were absolutely right, shouldn't of happened. When everybody in the building including the warriors thought a call would be made, we probably should've looked at it.
Sincerely, we wont **** you over next year. Enjoy your vacation."

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 02:04 AM
Wouldn't of just hit the rim, looks like it was going to sink. Monte makes those like crazy.
Apologies would only make the wound worse. "Sorry for eliminating your 82 game season, but we admit, you were absolutely right, shouldn't of happened. When everybody in the building including the warriors thought a call would be made, we probably should've looked at it.
Sincerely, we wont **** you over next year. Enjoy your vacation."

Yea...pretty sick that they didn't call it and then review.

I mean...what is the excuse for that? I don't see a logical one.

I said it before and I'll say it again...this is what makes people think the NBA is rigged. There is no logical explanation for not calling it...even if you make a mistake...at least you can rectify it on review.

Not calling it makes me think there is an agenda at play...and when you look at your stream and see that is was mother ****ing Danny Crawford swallowing his whistle...it's just a lot to take in as a Mavs fan in order to believe we weren't ****ed over on purpose.

Heavincent
04-02-2014, 02:10 AM

I'm not saying you are wrong and I'm right, but I see that is an absolutely clear goal tend...you can see the ball hit the apex and actually go down right before O'neal touches it in my opinion.

Super clear to me.

It's called bias.

Mavs fans will say it's goaltending, Warriors fans will say it's not, and neutral fans will say it could go either way.

Simple as that.

KrizMiz
04-02-2014, 02:13 AM
WAIT ??

The refs actually called a game against the mavs ? SRSLY ???

bukowski81
04-02-2014, 02:16 AM
It's called bias.

Mavs fans will say it's goaltending, Warriors fans will say it's not, and neutral fans will say it could go either way.

Simple as that.

Im no Mavs fan and that was a goaltending.

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 02:16 AM
It's called bias.

Simple as that.

It's really not. Change the uniforms and I'd be saying the same thing. It's a matter of seeing the ball actually move down right before O'neal touches it.

Take away the mavs...put any player you want in there on any team and I am still going to see the ball reaching the apex and then declining.

It's not bias. And I've heard the Mavs broadcasters say it was close...and Warriors fans call it goaltending.

I'd wager a lot of money that if that exact scenario gets played out over 100 different NBA games with different players and refs...that it is called a goaltend 99 times out of 100...if not for the simple fact that they would want to have the chance to review it.

bdreason
04-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Good no-call in my completely unbiased opinion.

20Four
04-02-2014, 02:29 AM
Good no-call in my completely unbiased opinion.
I agree...good no-call :hammerhead:

brwnman
04-02-2014, 03:00 AM
even in real time it looked like a goaltend. I was so shocked when they didn't review it. I thought they were allowed to review goaltending this year. Steph on Calderon was no match after that.

ImKobe
04-02-2014, 03:02 AM

Super clear to me.

THIS, any casual fan would see that it's a goaltend, how the hell do the refs not call that? :facepalm

Jyap9675
04-02-2014, 03:06 AM
Good no call for me as well

CarlosBoozer
04-02-2014, 03:25 AM
No call is good.

russwest0
04-02-2014, 04:16 AM
Dan Crawford literally hates the Mavericks. There are plenty of stats that prove this.

KungFuJoe
04-02-2014, 04:26 AM
Howard does that shit every game...never gets called. Let Jermaine have ONE for christsake!!!

icewill36
04-02-2014, 05:09 AM
i say goaltend

AirFederer
04-02-2014, 05:29 AM
Quite clearly a goaltend

WallIn
04-02-2014, 05:32 AM
It was surely a goaltend

wally_world
04-02-2014, 06:04 AM
Probably didnt expect old man JO to be anywhere above the rim :oldlol:

iznogood
04-02-2014, 06:18 AM
I'd call goaltending. It's very close though.
Is there any technical solution that would allow situations like that to be calculated and decided by computers if the refs called it for a review?

miles berg
04-02-2014, 06:53 AM
I'm a Mavs Maniac but I can see how they missed that call. They're human. Good calls and bad calls balance out during the season. Mavs not doubling Steph on the other end like they did Durant a few days ago in the exact same situation is what gets me.

Ellis shot that with 16 seconds left, 11 on the shot clock Mavs could have ran that clock down to 3-4 seconds had they gotten a shot off at 5 seconds. Combine that with then allowing Steph one on one with Calderon (where is Harris btw?) and the Mavs did plenty to lose the game...

...and then Steph sealed it. Superstar play.

Big#50
04-02-2014, 06:59 AM
Howard and Ibaka do this every game.

raiderfan19
04-02-2014, 10:30 AM
As I said last night, even if the block was clean(it wasn't) he traveled after he landed

DMV2
04-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Last 35 secs of the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYDtCtxdP88

Like the commentator said, it doesn't look it in live action and even in replays, it was too close to call.

Good no-call imho.

DMV2
04-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Oh, but did they review the play or not? I don't know if a play like can be under review according to the rules. The Mavs at least deserved the right to have it be reviewed.

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Oh, but did they review the play or not? I don't know if a play like can be under review according to the rules. The Mavs at least deserved the right to have it be reviewed.

You have to all something for it to be reviewed. There is absolutely no excuse for not calling it even if it was 50/50 because it goes to replay.

It was definitely goal tending as you look at the replay...I totally agree in real time it's a tough call, but that is why you call it...so you can review.

Not a doubt in my mind just Danny Crawford taking out his agenda against the Mavs.

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm a Mavs Maniac but I can see how they missed that call. They're human. Good calls and bad calls balance out during the season. Mavs not doubling Steph on the other end like they did Durant a few days ago in the exact same situation is what gets me.

Ellis shot that with 16 seconds left, 11 on the shot clock Mavs could have ran that clock down to 3-4 seconds had they gotten a shot off at 5 seconds. Combine that with then allowing Steph one on one with Calderon (where is Harris btw?) and the Mavs did plenty to lose the game...

...and then Steph sealed it. Superstar play.

Yea, but why not call it though? You can review it if you call it...

That doesn't strike you as odd?

Also, our defense was scrambled on that last play. We didn't have a plan because the Warriors didn't call timeout. We actually had a foul to give as well, but our players probably didn't realize it and it's just hard to start running at a player in a situation like that without a plan.

The Mavs did plenty to lose the game...totally agree, but so did the Warriors. They goaltended a shot with 20 seconds left that should have put them down 2...LOL

boozehound
04-02-2014, 11:16 AM

that is ****ing ridiculous. It doesnt matter if its going to be 10 ft short. If the ball is on the way down or hit the glass first, its a goaltend in the nba. that was a straight ripoff

DuMa
04-02-2014, 11:24 AM
damn that gif just got jermaine a guaranteed contract for next year. old man game forever

Mass Debator
04-02-2014, 11:28 AM
That vertical is still there. :applause:

raiderfan19
04-02-2014, 11:38 AM
No comments on jos travel?

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 11:58 AM
No comments on jos travel?

He traveled, but the games would last 5 hours if they called travels like that on rebounds.

I just still can't believe there are people here on the refs side saying they shouldn't have called it just to review it. What is the downside of reviewing it?

Like I said....Danny Crawford is a mother****ing thorn in the side of the Mavs and he really shouldn't be allowed to ref our games. Whether it's just that he hates us or that there is some deep issue he's not even aware of, the results speak for themselves.

We lose at a much higher rate with him on the floor in playoff games...and often there are questionable calls. I think it's 4-17 in playoff games now, but even worse we are something like 5-16 against the spread.

J Shuttlesworth
04-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Yea, but why not call it though? You can review it if you call it...

That doesn't strike you as odd?

Also, our defense was scrambled on that last play. We didn't have a plan because the Warriors didn't call timeout. We actually had a foul to give as well, but our players probably didn't realize it and it's just hard to start running at a player in a situation like that without a plan.

The Mavs did plenty to lose the game...totally agree, but so did the Warriors. They goaltended a shot with 20 seconds left that should have put them down 2...LOL
If they called it and reviewed it but determined it wasn't a goaltend, who would get the ball? Would it be a jump? And if they call it but it's too close to determine via replay, then the refs just gave away two arguable points to the mavs. I can see both sides but it was a goaltend imo

DirkNowitzki41
04-02-2014, 12:50 PM
how come all the nba fans are not rejoicing over this terrible missed call like they did over the mavs and wolves game, when marion stripped love at the buzzer?

wheres the apology from the nba?

:hammerhead:

Myth
04-02-2014, 12:55 PM

Looks like a goaltend to me.

Myth
04-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Last 35 secs of the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYDtCtxdP88

Like the commentator said, it doesn't look it in live action and even in replays, it was too close to call.

Good no-call imho.

Did you not listen to your own clip? At first they said it was close, but then on the subsequent replay from the side angle, you can hear the commentator say "That's going down there."

Darius
04-02-2014, 01:04 PM
It's a goaltend but it's DAMN close. Close enough that I don't think it's a terrible no-call.

Myth
04-02-2014, 01:10 PM

Did they give him a block or a just a rebound? If it was on the way down and just short of the rim, it should only go down in the books as a rebound, but I assume they gave him the block even though they said it wasn't goaltend because of where the ball would land.

SCdac
04-02-2014, 01:36 PM
looks like half of Dwight's blocks

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 01:38 PM
If they called it and reviewed it but determined it wasn't a goaltend, who would get the ball? Would it be a jump? And if they call it but it's too close to determine via replay, then the refs just gave away two arguable points to the mavs. I can see both sides but it was a goaltend imo

If it's not a goaltend...then I would imagine the Warriors would get the ball, but honestly I'm not sure how the review works.

I could see both sides if the refs couldn't review it after calling it. There is no excuse not to call it.

And again...it actually was a goaltend...and we were at home.

It goes beyond just a missed call. It wasn't a mistake...the second I saw ****ing Danny Crawford in position to make the call...I knew it was a biased ref taking out some deep anger against the Mavs. I don't know why or what caused it, but it's to the point now where it's just blatantly obvious he hates our franchise.

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Did they give him a block or a just a rebound? If it was on the way down and just short of the rim, it should only go down in the books as a rebound, but I assume they gave him the block even though they said it wasn't goaltend because of where the ball would land.

they gave him a block, but that really has nothing to do with the refs explanation. refs don't dictate the box score records.

DMAVS41
04-02-2014, 01:41 PM

If it's not a goaltend...then I would imagine the Warriors would get the ball, but honestly I'm not sure how the review works.

I could see both sides if the refs couldn't review it after calling it. There is no excuse not to call it.

And again...it actually was a goaltend...and we were at home.

It goes beyond just a missed call. It wasn't a mistake...the second I saw ****ing Danny Crawford in position to make the call...I knew it was a biased ref taking out some deep anger against the Mavs. I don't know why or what caused it, but it's to the point now where it's just blatantly obvious he hates our franchise.

If they had reviewed it and called it a block, I'd still be pissed, but at least the process was correct. Not calling a play like that...knowing you can review if you made a mistake...is just fishy.