PDA

View Full Version : Wade: Heat's Big Three to meet

aj1987
04-03-2014, 04:14 AM
Miami Heat teammates Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh all have opt-outs in their contracts at the end of this season, but no collective decision has been made as to whether they will all choose to test the free-agent waters.

The three met before they made their free-agency decisions in 2010 and could have another such meeting before their June 30 opt-out deadlines, which allow them to leave in 2014, 2015 or 2016.

Wade revealed on Tuesday as part of an interview for the cover story of an upcoming issue of ESPN The Magazine that the three, who have gone to three straight Finals and won the past two, plan to have that conversation at some point.

"I'm at a position where I don't really have to worry about it," said Wade, who also won a title with the Heat in 2006. "I've been with the same organization for now 11 years. We've won multiple championships, so it's no reason where I need to think about that yet. I'm not at a point where we are a bad team and I need to think about the future, so right now I'm really focused on just enjoying this team, enjoying our quest to try to three-peat. And when the season is over, and whatever happens, then I will sit down with Chris and I will sit down with Bron and I will sit down and make the best decision for myself and my family."

Last week, Bosh hinted that he and James would stay in Miami when he answered "True" to a question posed by ESPN's Dan Le Batard as to whether he and James would be back with the team next season.

"When we sat down and we signed our deals and all of us made sure we had an opt-out in that fourth year, that was our option, so the option is there and you would hope that someone wants to be able to use their option as a player," Wade said. "As players, you only have so much time and you only have so many moments where you have the ability to control your own fate, so it's not a bad thing at all if that's what someone is thinking. I haven't had that conversation with Chris. I haven't had that conversation with Bron."

Wade took a pay cut and less than a max deal to help the Heat add depth to the roster in 2010 and it's possible the team could approach him about doing so again this summer.

Wade is due $42 million over the next two seasons, which would be the most lucrative contract years of his career. But the Heat could try to persuade Wade and the others to take another discount in the name of more titles.

"You always fear," Heat president Pat Riley told ESPN.com before offering a clarification of sorts. "It's not a real fear. I always have concern when players are in the situation they're in. But we feel we have the best organization in the league for those players to stay, and to also attract others to want to come here."

The Heat are facing the prospect of becoming the first team to pay the new "repeater tax," which could triple or quadruple luxury-tax penalties from their rates when the Big Three signed in 2010. In recent years, players like Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan have used opt-outs in their contracts, lowering their salaries to help their teams deal with tax issues while getting more guaranteed years in return.

"With our three guys, we hope that this turns into a generational team," Riley said. "And that it's not just we're at the end of this four-year run right now because players have some options this summer."

Source:
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10711742/dwyane-wade-says-meet-lebron-james-chris-bosh-big-three-future-miami-heat

Fire Colangelo
04-03-2014, 04:23 AM
Gonna be an interesting offseason. They'll probably stay in Miami though, where else would they have a better chance of winning?

ZenMaster
04-03-2014, 04:29 AM
It's great with a story about how these three may have a meeting, it's not like they see each other every day..

Connor B
04-03-2014, 04:30 AM
There's only one thing that matters for this meeting and that's D Wade - can he still play well? They will already know their answer with the playoffs.

fiddy
04-03-2014, 04:33 AM
Gonna be an interesting offseason. They'll probably stay in Miami though, where else would they have a better chance of winning?
they are individuals, hence they are looking for their best personal interest. Bosh and Wade are staying because they wont get better deals than those 20m contracts. James? Hes a different story he can get paid more elsewhere and have better chances to win other than the declining Heat.

JohnFreeman
04-03-2014, 04:36 AM
Wade and LeBron will stay, Bosh will leave.

fiddy
04-03-2014, 04:37 AM
Wade and LeBron will stay, Bosh will leave.
and loose 40m? :roll:

9erempiree
04-03-2014, 04:40 AM
A meeting?

To talk about what actually?

Bosnian Sajo
04-03-2014, 04:52 AM
It's great with a story about how these three may have a meeting, it's not like they see each other every day..

Right? It would be a story if they weren't meeting and were avoiding each other.

Mr. Jabbar
04-03-2014, 04:56 AM
they better not give lebron their back, stabbin is what he does best and its that time of the contract

sportjames23
04-03-2014, 06:18 AM

LOL, right? :oldlol:

rmt
04-03-2014, 06:33 AM
Guess it depends on how Wade holds up - his body isn't aging too well for what 32? And how well they do in the playoffs. If they win or make the Finals, they probably stay together. If they lose to IND in ECF, maybe Lebron looks elsewhere. Don't think contract money is such a big issue these days - Lebron makes so much in endorsements off the court. But he must have championships to climb up that GOAT ladder.

Ballin095
04-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Lol at you guys saying bosh wont get paid. Some team will give him a max deal if he decides to opt out. Let's not forget he is still capable of putting up over 20 ppg and 10 rbg given the right situation. The question is whether they want to stay together. I feel like lebron and bosh will leave tbh. They came together to complete a mission which they have - win multiple championships. Lebron will go back to Cleveland and bosh will either go to toronto or some team in the east that needs a big man like the wizards or something.

ImKobe
04-03-2014, 09:33 AM

:roll:

Spell&Grammar
04-03-2014, 09:38 AM
and loose 40m? :roll:

It doesn't matter if the money is loose or tight.

Spell&Grammar

fiddy
04-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Lol at you guys saying bosh wont get paid. Some team will give him a max deal if he decides to opt out. Let's not forget he is still capable of putting up over 20 ppg and 10 rbg given the right situation. The question is whether they want to stay together. I feel like lebron and bosh will leave tbh. They came together to complete a mission which they have - win multiple championships. Lebron will go back to Cleveland and bosh will either go to toronto or some team in the east that needs a big man like the wizards or something.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

guy
04-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Wade's definitely opting in. Not really a question.

Bosh is going to opt out I think because he can still demand a max contract now, and I'm not sure that's the case after. Would Miami want to sign him to that amount? Not sure, but I doubt it. If there's rumblings around Miami that Lebron is still worrying about the amount of help he's getting, obviously that means a maxed out Chris Bosh isn't good enough for a 2nd or 3rd option. So why would Miami max him out? I could see Bosh going to Dallas or Phoenix for the max (or close to it), with the Lakers being an outside possibility as well.

Not sure if Lebron is going to opt out, but I think he won't. Even if Bosh doesn't return, there's not really a team out there thats in a better situation then Miami next year at least. And if Bosh doesn't return, Miami has like another $20M in cap space to get some really good role players, or even Melo (doubt it though). Maybe Chicago would be a better spot, but I don't see him going there for various reasons. Cleveland is just too dysfunctional and needs to get their sh*t together, which I think they will after next year. I think getting to the Clippers would be too complicated, but maybe not as complicated the next year. So where would he go? I think after 2015, his options open up more and he leaves Miami. He could either go to Cleveland, Clippers, Knicks, or Rockets.

aj1987
04-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Wade's definitely opting in. Not really a question.

Bosh is going to opt out I think because he can still demand a max contract now, and I'm not sure that's the case after. Would Miami want to sign him to that amount? Not sure, but I doubt it. If there's rumblings around Miami that Lebron is still worrying about the amount of help he's getting, obviously that means a maxed out Chris Bosh isn't good enough for a 2nd or 3rd option. So why would Miami max him out? I could see Bosh going to Dallas or Phoenix for the max (or close to it), with the Lakers being an outside possibility as well.

Not sure if Lebron is going to opt out, but I think he won't. Even if Bosh doesn't return, there's not really a team out there thats in a better situation then Miami next year at least. And if Bosh doesn't return, Miami has like another $20M in cap space to get some really good role players, or even Melo (doubt it though). Maybe Chicago would be a better spot, but I don't see him going there for various reasons. Cleveland is just too dysfunctional and needs to get their sh*t together, which I think they will after next year. I think getting to the Clippers would be too complicated, but maybe not as complicated the next year. So where would he go? I think after 2015, his options open up more and he leaves Miami. He could either go to Cleveland, Clippers, Knicks, or Rockets.

:facepalm

Bosh is NOT getting a max contract. Unless he somehow turns into a 20/10 player in the playoffs, and has a really good run.

Dino dude has been averaging 15.5/4.5 on 12.3 shots a game (the past 4 games). That's without Wade, BTW.

Also 0 rebounds in 26 minutes against the Bucks.

guy
04-03-2014, 10:48 AM
:facepalm

Bosh is NOT getting a max contract. Unless he somehow turns into a 20/10 player in the playoffs, and has a really good run.

Dino dude has been averaging 15.5/4.5 on 12.3 shots a game (the past 4 games). That's without Wade, BTW.

Also 0 rebounds in 26 minutes against the Bucks.

The past 4 games means how much exactly? He's clearly capable of more. And I'm not basing him getting a max contract off him actually deserving it or not. But overpaying players is what GMs/owners do. Maybe he won't get a max contract, but either way, his value this offseason is probably more then it will be 1-2 years more from now, and its going to be enough that it would put a dent into Miami's plans to get the best help for Lebron that they can get. That's why I see him leaving.

aj1987
04-03-2014, 10:54 AM
The past 4 games means how much exactly? He's clearly capable of more. And I'm not basing him getting a max contract off him actually deserving it or not. But overpaying players is what GMs/owners do. Maybe he won't get a max contract, but either way, his value this offseason is probably more then it will be 1-2 years more from now, and its going to be enough that it would put a dent into Miami's plans to get the best help for Lebron that they can get. That's why I see him leaving.
He's averaging 16/7 for the season.

Also, Bosh has said several times (even more than Wade) that he's staying with the Heat and that he wants to retire in Miami. Why would any GM pay a dude who can't rebound the max? There are lots of other players who are better.

Eric Cartman
04-03-2014, 11:03 AM

Spell&Grammar

Post more, please.

selrahc
04-03-2014, 11:08 AM
all three should sign with the lakers for the minimum

guy
04-03-2014, 11:30 AM
He's averaging 16/7 for the season.

Also, Bosh has said several times (even more than Wade) that he's staying with the Heat and that he wants to retire in Miami. Why would any GM pay a dude who can't rebound the max? There are lots of other players who are better.

So what? Plenty of players have said the same thing and didn't happen. And what league have you been watching? Players are always getting overpaid.

Rose'sACL
04-03-2014, 11:54 AM
I think that bosh would look for a longer deal .

Mass Debator
04-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Wade should go to Chicago somehow. :rockon:

Solefade
04-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Bosh deserves a max contract more than Wade does....Bosh I can see playing well for a few more years, I can't see that with Wade

secund2nun
04-03-2014, 01:22 PM
I think Lebron might opt in for another season, but unless Wade is willing to either take a pay cut by stretching out that 42 million (or a new contract for 50 million or so) over multiple years I don't think Lebron stays past 2015. Wade has been unhealthy the last 2 playoff runs and now has missed a huge part of this regular season and he is only going to get older, not to mention he isn't the ideal fit with Lebron anyways because of spacing issues.

Solefade
04-03-2014, 01:34 PM
I think Lebron might opt in for another season, but unless Wade is willing to either take a pay cut by stretching out that 42 million (or a new contract for 50 million or so) over multiple years I don't think Lebron stays past 2015. Wade has been unhealthy the last 2 playoff runs and now has missed a huge part of this regular season and he is only going to get older, not to mention he isn't the ideal fit with Lebron anyways because of spacing issues.

really curious to see what wade/heat do this summer and i wonder if wade thinks about this

beastee
04-03-2014, 01:54 PM

This is what I think as well. Especially if or when (depending on your opinion of the team) they win a third championship in a row. I can't see him leaving with possibility of beating Jordan's legacy of only winning 3 at a time. Getting 4 in a row puts him on Mt. Rushmore permanently whether he did it on a stacked team or not. To me Bosh is the real wildcard. Will crazy Cuban offer a max to him? I could see it. Will he go...not so sure.

xoracle55
04-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Win or lose, it'll be a sticky situation in Miami this off season.

The first domino to fall I think would be Lebron. What would the other two does if he leaves first is anybody else guess I think that's why they need to sit down and have a meeting. Will they decide as an individual or are they going to decide as friends who joined to win multiple championship which they already half-accomplished and would like to take it further down the road..it will be interesting..I can't see Dwade leaving the Heat. It's just right for him to retire in DWade county.

20Four
04-03-2014, 02:18 PM
This isn't worthy news...lol they see each other every fvcking day....stupid attention whores :roll:

http://i.minus.com/ibzGKTc6Qs75Uu.gif

secund2nun
04-03-2014, 03:54 PM
really curious to see what wade/heat do this summer and i wonder if wade thinks about this

He has to decide between money and rings....actually it might just be money and rings vs less money. If Wade opts in for the next 2 years he will earn 42 million but he will be 34 after that and won't earn much after that...plus Lebron will probably leave if Wade does that which means less rings= less endorsement money. Wade could do an extension this offseason that is like 5 years 50 million. Ultimately he still earns 8 million more than 42 million, wins more rings, and earns more in endorsements. If Wade demands a new contract that is 15 million or more a year I think Lebron leaves.

secund2nun
04-03-2014, 03:56 PM
This is what I think as well. Especially if or when (depending on your opinion of the team) they win a third championship in a row. I can't see him leaving with possibility of beating Jordan's legacy of only winning 3 at a time. Getting 4 in a row puts him on Mt. Rushmore permanently whether he did it on a stacked team or not. To me Bosh is the real wildcard. Will crazy Cuban offer a max to him? I could see it. Will he go...not so sure.

If Miami 3 peats and Lebron leaves to a new team this summer and wins a ring in his first season there it will still count as a 4 peat for Lebron though...that'd actually be more impressive than a 4 peat with one team imo.

Nash
04-03-2014, 04:09 PM
whatever happens, it will be a different Miami Heat next season. Many players retiring/leaving/taking paycuts.

red1
04-03-2014, 04:13 PM
I know right

http://www.thefeministwire.com/content/2011/06/michelle_obama_beautiful_051809_m.jpg

HomieWeMajor
04-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Wade and Lebron will be getting 25 and 15 percent ownership of the Heat franchise according to my sources so they will both be definitely staying. Bosh will be looked after as well (Maybe getting an airport )

CelticBaller
04-03-2014, 06:22 PM
:oldlol:

BlackVVaves
04-03-2014, 06:27 PM

Spell&Grammar

:bowdown:

talkingconch
04-03-2014, 06:35 PM
A meeting?

what there gonna have for dinner

aj1987
04-04-2014, 10:56 PM

A meeting?

Read the article, people. It's not that hard. It's pretty basic english.

This isn't worthy news...lol they see each other every fvcking day....stupid attention whores
Says the midget who posts topless pics of himself, showing off his manboobs.

SpecialQue
04-04-2014, 11:04 PM
I know right

http://www.thefeministwire.com/content/2011/06/michelle_obama_beautiful_051809_m.jpg

Goddamn she's so fvcking fine. :bowdown: