PDA

View Full Version : Demar Derozan is pretty underrated..

tgan3
04-03-2014, 04:36 AM
43-32 record with the raptors, 3rd best in the eastern conference.

Eastern conference sucks thus he has little recognition but his game is improving his a little like a young kobe...

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-03-2014, 04:40 AM
U post his record like hes carrying the team. They have a balanced attack and Derozan isnt even the best player on the team

Mr. Jabbar
04-03-2014, 04:53 AM
If hes that good, there is an obvious question missing here.

Cali Syndicate
04-03-2014, 05:00 AM
U post his record like hes carrying the team. They have a balanced attack and Derozan isnt even the best player on the team

Who then? Jonas? Don't you dare say Lowry.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Who then? Jonas? Don't you dare say Lowry.
Kyle is better

Cali Syndicate
04-03-2014, 05:18 AM
Kyle is better

Why you little....

Well, yeah maybe lol but I think it's pretty close.

Fire Colangelo
04-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Why you little....

It's become really close, for the first half of the season Lowry was just taking over when it mattered the most in the 4th quarter. I definitely think he deserved AS status over DeMar, but Demars been on a great run lately, to the point that he may be the best player on this raps team.

He needs to get the the rim though, taking too many contested midrange jumpers to my liking.

MMM
04-03-2014, 05:25 AM
Why you little....

DeRozan has consistent all season but Kyle steps up when the Raps played at their best.

Cali Syndicate
04-03-2014, 05:37 AM
DeRozan has consistent all season but Kyle steps up when the Raps played at their best.

Derozan seems to have become a notch better since Rudy's departure.

Random_Guy
04-03-2014, 05:59 AM
My was I wrong, thought derozan was gonna suck. Happy that I'm wrong, good for him

JohnFreeman
04-03-2014, 06:02 AM
I want him to choke, so we can use "Defrozan" one

barkleynash
04-03-2014, 10:18 AM
I am a huge raptor fan. Derozen has made incredible strides this year, mostly since the departure of Rudy Gay.
He is an improved passer and rebounder and is scoring in a variety of ways.
His two biggest weaknesses to this point are his defence and his ball-handling in a crowd or in late game situations.
Defensively he guards the third best perimeter player on the other team. That says something. They put an undersized Ross out there against bigger wings that Derozen has better size to match up with. He also struggles getting through screens and staying with his check when he cuts. Help defence is pretty good, but gets exploited off the bounce too.
Are these things fixable? I think so, but he never be a great two-way player until he learns how to defend and impact the game on that end of the floor.
Is casey just kind of resting him on defence or is he really a weak defender. I'm not sure. If Ross and Val continue to improve I think that derozen will have much less pressure on him and more space to work.

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Lowry is the best player on the raptors. Derozan is playing smarter this year then last year tho, taking better shots. But I still think he needs to work on his game a litte but in about 2 years he could be a pretty nasty

Legends66NBA7
04-03-2014, 10:54 AM

Pretty much this. Kyle is the best player, but I think both Kyle and DeMar have benefited from each other's presence this season. I don't think there's THAT much of a gap between them, but just enough for some distance. DeMar still has ways to go to reach elite level, if he continues to make big strides.

If hes that good, there is an obvious question missing here.

What's the obvious question ?

I want him to choke, so we can use "Defrozan" one

Check out the Real GM Raptors board for stuff like that. They have a lot of puns for DeMar's name. Also, a lot of irrational things about him.

I am a huge raptor fan. Derozen has made incredible strides this year, mostly since the departure of Rudy Gay.
He is an improved passer and rebounder and is scoring in a variety of ways.
His two biggest weaknesses to this point are his defence and his ball-handling in a crowd or in late game situations.
Defensively he guards the third best perimeter player on the other team. That says something. They put an undersized Ross out there against bigger wings that Derozen has better size to match up with. He also struggles getting through screens and staying with his check when he cuts. Help defence is pretty good, but gets exploited off the bounce too.
Are these things fixable? I think so, but he never be a great two-way player until he learns how to defend and impact the game on that end of the floor.
Is casey just kind of resting him on defence or is he really a weak defender. I'm not sure. If Ross and Val continue to improve I think that derozen will have much less pressure on him and more space to work.

I agree.

For what it's worth, Casey does believe DeMar has the tools to become an elite defender. I don't think he'll be elite, but with passion and maturity of the game, he can certainly become a top star in this league. And yes, Jonas and Ross's development is very important to that. You can definitely tell Ross gets better on both from DeMar's presence. On offense, DeMar will try to find him on a curl screen for a 3 or mid-range shot. On defense, this more a practice session, DeMar will always go at Ross to make him better.

madmax17
04-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Nope, this is Masai's team, he is God.

Mass Debator
04-03-2014, 01:01 PM
24 years old. His best is coming! I'll be pretty disappointed if he doesn't reach the 25-26 PPG mark.

Cali Syndicate
04-03-2014, 01:24 PM
24 years old. His best is coming! I'll be pretty disappointed if he doesn't reach the 25-26 PPG mark.

I think that's what he been averaging since the Rudy trade. Something like 30 games worth.

Legends66NBA7
04-03-2014, 01:55 PM
I think that's what he been averaging since the Rudy trade. Something like 30 games worth.

Nope.

55 games (since Rudy Gay trade) - 22.5ppg (pretty much similar averages he has now, but better 3 point shooting).

Since the new year, he's been averaging 24.1ppg on 44/29/84. Since post all-star break, he's averaging 23.7ppg on 44/24/86. He's got to improve his overall efficiency from the field and 3, but him getting to line at such a high rate has been most impressive. Has been hitting over 85% from the line the last 2 months and it looks like it will continue in this month.

But to me, the most impressive thing about DeMar's game and I've said this before... his decision making and passing on offense has much more impressive to me than his scoring ability. I say this because it seems like he's doesn't have the instincts of a facilitator (he doesn't have a history of playing the PG positions), so it's all been hard work that's opening up shooters from his draw and kicks, pick and roll/pick and pop game.

The Miami game last night showed me some very impressive passing ability. I've seen many times in other games he could have had many more assists, since he passed to teammates that were wide open but missed their shots.

Mass Debator
04-03-2014, 02:01 PM
They didn't play Miami last night btw.

Legends66NBA7
04-03-2014, 02:19 PM
They didn't play Miami last night btw.

My bad. I meant the last time they played Miami he showed me some really good passing.

He was alright in the Houston game too.

FKAri
04-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Why was Rudy holding the Raps back so much. I don't get it.

Cali Syndicate
04-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Nope.

55 games (since Rudy Gay trade) - 22.5ppg (pretty much similar averages he has now, but better 3 point shooting).

Since the new year, he's been averaging 24.1ppg on 44/29/84. Since post all-star break, he's averaging 23.7ppg on 44/24/86. He's got to improve his overall efficiency from the field and 3, but him getting to line at such a high rate has been most impressive. Has been hitting over 85% from the line the last 2 months and it looks like it will continue in this month.

But to me, the most impressive thing about DeMar's game and I've said this before... his decision making and passing on offense has much more impressive to me than his scoring ability. I say this because it seems like he's doesn't have the instincts of a facilitator (he doesn't have a history of playing the PG positions), so it's all been hard work that's opening up shooters from his draw and kicks, pick and roll/pick and pop game.

The Miami game last night showed me some very impressive passing ability. I've seen many times in other games he could have had many more assists, since he passed to teammates that were wide open but missed their shots.

I stand corrected.

But I got

55 games 23.3ppg 4.6rpg 4.3apg 2.2topg 43/27/83

He's developing quite nicely.

Legends66NBA7
04-03-2014, 04:15 PM
I stand corrected.

But I got

55 games 23.3ppg 4.6rpg 4.3apg 2.2topg 43/27/83

He's developing quite nicely.

Oh indeed, I've enjoyed his development. Like barkleynash said, if Ross and Jonas improve much more next season, DeMar might have a leap in his efficiency too.

He's just got to continually improve as a passer, 3 point shooter, and ball handler on offense. Defense will come on how Casey coaches him. Like I said before, Casey said he has the tool to become an elite defender, his words for how you want to take it. If he becomes an elite defender above the other 3 traits I mentioned, I will be much more satisfied.