PDA

View Full Version : indy losing on purpose

germanfellow
04-03-2014, 05:32 AM
it totally seems like the pacers are crumbling and just garbage on offense right now...but:

if miami keeps the nr. slot they might see this road:
1st round: NYC
2nd round: brookly/chicago
ECF: pacers

whereas pacers would face charlotte and toronto leading to the ECF. if standings remain as they are now - which could very well happen - the nr. 2 team has a much easier road to the ECF imo!

Fire Colangelo
04-03-2014, 05:40 AM
and lose out HCA while they're at it? Naw

germanfellow
04-03-2014, 05:48 AM
a team in a funk - and that they clearly are - might just think about the easier road to the ECF without HCA instead of not even getting there... NYC with anthony going of and both chicago/brooklyn right now would stand great chances against the pacers...

HCA against miami is surely nice... but not seeing them at all is certainly worse

Im Still Ballin
04-03-2014, 05:51 AM

45 posts

where u been OP

germanfellow
04-03-2014, 05:53 AM
typing is much harder than reading :)

germanfellow
04-03-2014, 05:57 AM
btw, im not saying that the in-rythm early season pacers would voluntarily give up the nr.1 spot for an easier road... im just asking: wouldnt the totally out-of-rythm pacers of this very moment think twice about easier ways to face miami when all of the sudden possible first or second round exits do not look so ridiculous any more...?!

JohnFreeman
04-03-2014, 06:00 AM
They aren't losing on purpose

NumberSix
04-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Gotta be honest. I'd rather play Toronto than Chicago.

rmt
04-03-2014, 06:40 AM
No team wants to be playing so poorly going into the playoffs. At this rate, they might not get past the 1st or 2nd rounds. Even it they did, with their dismal road record, how would they do vs MIA without home court advantage?

ImKobe
04-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Their chemistry is horrible right now, I don't think they've been losing on purpose

sd3035
04-03-2014, 08:00 AM

45 posts

where u been OP

probably doing German things

Nuff Said
04-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Why did they win last night?

ralph_i_el
04-03-2014, 09:45 AM
it totally seems like the pacers are crumbling and just garbage on offense right now...but:

whereas pacers would face charlotte and toronto leading to the ECF. if standings remain as they are now - which could very well happen - the nr. 2 team has a much easier road to the ECF imo!
:durantunimpressed:

3LiftHeatCurse
04-03-2014, 01:10 PM

What you say is true, but :

1) The team that eventually wins the Championship is usually the team that had tough playoff series' in their path.

2) Home court advantage in the ECF is huge. The Pacers were talking about HCA since losing last season, and they said if they played Game 7 in Indiana, they think they would have won the ECF.

xoracle55
04-03-2014, 01:11 PM

As a fan. I dont like this developing scenerio with the Heat but looks like fate demands another round of Heat-Knicks in the playoffs (shaking my head), which is where the current No. 1-vs.-No. 8 seedings stand. Suddenly doesn't look easy for the Heat road to the NBA Finals does it. Nothins is ever easy for the Heat anyways. :banghead: New York, Brooklyn and then either Chicago or Indiana oh boy, I say, Buckle up heat fans! :(

Dont know if the Pacers are losing on purpose. This strategy could always backfires..in their case mostly..

Milbuck
04-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Avoiding the Knicks and Nets/Bulls doesn't really mean much. If they were losing on purpose, that would mean they're actually just as good as they were at the start, but just hiding it. And if they were that good, they would destroy any team that's not Miami.

HCA, however, is HUGE. I don't think people understand that when you're in a 6 or 7 game series, games 6 and/or 7 can be so much tougher on the road. Playing at home in the biggest games of the playoffs is more crucial than avoiding the ****ing Knicks.