PDA

View Full Version : '14 KD/'03 Duncan vs. '03 T-Mac/'94 Hakeem

Natureland
04-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Which duo would you prefer? :confusedshrug:

Bob Dole
04-03-2014, 12:13 PM
KD and Duncan easily.

They were both better than than their comparison.

Milbuck
04-03-2014, 12:13 PM
I'll take Durant and Duncan.

Durant is outproducing McGrady in pretty much every way offensively, while being significantly more efficient and dominating the ball less (3% less usage).

Peak Duncan and Hakeem are really close. Hakeem was the bigger offensive threat, but neither would be the clear-cut offensive focal point with KD/TMac. So the bulk of their value would come defensively, and I think they negate each other there.

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 12:15 PM
KD and Duncan Easily in my opinion. They are harder to score on IMO and also a better offensive combo. I think KD is better then Tmac and Duncan > Hakeem

dannywpt
04-03-2014, 12:17 PM
I'd go with T-Mac/Hakeem if I either was a huge stan or was drunk off nostalgia.

If I tried being somewhat reasonable, I'd take Duncan and KD any day of the week. And T-Mac was my favorite player when I had one.

Xsatyr
04-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Hakeem > Duncan
Durant >> Tmac

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Hakeem > Duncan
Durant >> Tmac

Duncan > Hakeem
i dont see what Hakeem does that Duncan cant.

tpols
04-03-2014, 12:20 PM
KD/Duncan pretty easily

Ronaldinho
04-03-2014, 12:21 PM
I would take

KD/Duncan or KD/Hakeem. As much as a i like T-Mac, KD is the better player.

I love Tim Duncan, but Hakeem was a beast.

Bob Dole
04-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Hakeem is so overrated on this board lol.

He was not better than Duncan.

Rocketswin2013
04-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Should have put 13' LeBron with Hakeem. Then I'd take them in a heart beat.

I'd take Hakeem and Tmac.

Hakeem > > Duncan

Tmac =< KD

Xsatyr
04-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Duncan > Hakeem
i dont see what Hakeem does that Duncan cant.

Hakeem was an all around better defender. He was much more mobile and held his own on the perimeter. He protected the rim, recorded blocks outside paint and racked up steals.

MASH Transit
04-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I like peak Hakeem a little more than peak Duncan, but I think Durant makes up the difference and is good enough to give the first duo the nod. T-Mac was great, but he's no KD.

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Hakeem was an all around better defender. He was much more mobile and held his own on the perimeter. He protected the rim, recorded blocks outside paint and racked up steals.

Duncan can do all that you named as well besdes rack up steals Hakeem maybe a little more mobile but Duncan was a smarter defender.

No Hakeem form touching 03 Duncan
Duncan has more accomplishments as well.

Rocketswin2013
04-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Duncan can do all that you named as well besdes rack up steals Hakeem maybe a little more mobile but Duncan was a smarter defender.

Duncan had better teammates. But that's it.

Hakeem was better on both ends.

Xsatyr
04-03-2014, 12:32 PM

Hakeem was better at it...

Duncan had better teammates and a better coach. Just noticed your avy; not worth arguing with you.

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Duncan had better teammates. But that's it.

Hakeem was better on both ends.

Lol Duncan won in 99 with a old Robinson as 2nd best player. in 03 Tony and Manu were young and Robinson was old. Duncan can carry a team and he has 4 rings. Hakeem was not better on both ends. Hakeem wouldnt have those 2 rings if Jordan didnt retire.

Natureland
04-03-2014, 12:33 PM
I like peak Hakeem a little more than peak Duncan, but I think Durant makes up the difference and is good enough to give the first duo the nod. T-Mac was great, but he's no KD.
I do too, in fact it's why I switched it to KD/Duncan instead of KD/Hakeem before making the thread because I thought that'd put the two arguably superior position players on separate sides. And yet it turns out some people still think it's KD/Duncan in a walk anyway. :lol

But I can understand people swinging towards Duncan or just thinking the Hakeem/Duncan matchup is pretty much equal.

So far it seems the tiebreaker for people on the fence is the KD/McGrady matchup. I can understand that. Milbuck's analysis would probably be closest to mine.

Xsatyr
04-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Lol Duncan won in 99 with a old Robinson as 2nd best player. in 03 Tony and Manu were young and Robinson was old. Duncan can carry a team and he has 4 rings. Hakeem was not better on both ends. Hakeem wouldnt have those 2 rings if Jordan didnt retire.

Duncan wouldn't have his rings if he played against Jordan...

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Hakeem was better at it...

Duncan had better teammates and a better coach. Just noticed your avy; not worth arguing with you.

If Duncan got the ball more and didnt have to follow a system so much he would dominate alot more then that. He dosnt always get touches when he wants. He plays into a system and still puts up crazy numbers. Also Playoffs wise Duncan ALWAYS steppin up. Duncan is also clutcher then Hakeem.

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Duncan wouldn't have his rings if he played against Jordan...

Hakeem dosnt have rings playing against Jordan either lol. He won his when Jordan wasnt in the league. Sucks to see that way huh

Xsatyr
04-03-2014, 12:40 PM
If Duncan got the ball more and didnt have to follow a system so much he would dominate alot more then that. He dosnt always get touches when he wants. He plays into a system and still puts up crazy numbers. Also Playoffs wise Duncan ALWAYS steppin up. Duncan is also clutcher then Hakeem.

He has teammates who take some pressure off him but yet he has many seasons shooting below 50% as a big man. I'm sure he would do better if he didn't play in a system with such good teammates.

Xsatyr
04-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Hakeem dosnt have rings playing against Jordan either lol. He won his when Jordan wasnt in the league. Sucks to see that way huh

You missed the point. Your argument about Jordan is invalid bc you can say the same about Duncan. Also Hakeem gave the Bulls trouble and swept the Magic who beat MJ and his Bulls.

Rocketswin2013
04-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Jordan's Bulls were not going to 8-peat. Stop it.

And an old Robinson is better than any form of Otis Thorpe.

I really don't see what better than Hakeem at other than luck. Rebounding? But he was not on Hakeem's level as an offensive player or a defensive presence.

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 12:43 PM
He has teammates who take some pressure off him but yet he has many seasons shooting below 50% as a big man. I'm sure he would do better if he didn't play in a system with such good teammates.

Hakeem career FG is 512 and Duncan is 506

i forgot Hakeem FG is so much better then Duncans

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 12:45 PM
You missed the point. Your argument about Jordan is invalid bc you can say the same about Duncan. Also Hakeem gave the Bulls trouble and swept the Magic who beat MJ and his Bulls.

No i understood your point. and that was a different season. When MJ was in the playoffs Hakeem didnt win.

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Jordan's Bulls were not going to 8-peat. Stop it.

And an old Robinson is better than any form of Otis Thorpe.

I really don't see what better than Hakeem at other than luck. Rebounding? But he was not on Hakeem's level as an offensive player or a defensive presence.

Never said he would 8peat. But he 3peat retired then 3peat.
So if he literally won 3 str8 and came back and won 3 str8 i dont see why he wouldnt of won the other 2?
cuz hakeem???
no son cuz Jordan

Xsatyr
04-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Hakeem career FG is 512 and Duncan is 506

i forgot Hakeem FG is so much better then Duncans

I am going by peak. Hakeem didn't didn't shoot sub 50 until the end of his career. Anything else you want to get selective about? Every argument you make is easily dismantled.

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 12:50 PM
I am going by peak. Hakeem didn't didn't shoot sub 50 until the end of his career. Anything else you want to get selective about? Every argument you make is easily dismantled.

Well Duncan is above Hakeem on the all time list. Id take 03 Duncan over any form of Hakeem. Dude was str8 beast and unstoppable.

Xsatyr
04-03-2014, 12:50 PM
No i understood your point. and that was a different season. When MJ was in the playoffs Hakeem didnt win.

Jordan played in the 95 playoffs and lost to the Magic. The Rockets swept them. Learn your history.

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Jordan played in the 95 playoffs and lost to the Magic. The Rockets swept them. Learn your history.

I forgot Jordan was fresh that year and not rustyy. Im talking about Jordan full healthy season

Xsatyr
04-03-2014, 12:54 PM
I forgot Jordan was fresh that year and not rustyy. Im talking about Jordan full healthy season

Go ahead and backpedal. I'm done with your homerism. Also learn the difference between then and than.

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Go ahead and backpedal. I'm done with your homerism. Also learn the difference between then and than.

you must be a english teacher sorry.
alright if your done bye lol
Duncan > Hakeem
4rings 3fmvp 2mvp
go watch some duncan tapes

Xsatyr
04-03-2014, 12:58 PM
you must be a english teacher sorry.
alright if your done bye lol
Duncan > Hakeem
4rings 3fmvp 2mvp
go watch some duncan tapes

It's you're. Texas education at its finest.

Jlamb47
04-03-2014, 01:00 PM
It's you're. Texas education at it's finest.

Yeah i know its you're
am i in college english class ?
I dont give 2 sh1ts how i type here
its a forum with bunch of irrelevant people on here
otherwise id use grammar checks gah dam get that stick out yo ass