PDA

View Full Version : What exactly do Spurs Fans have to be upset about?

sportsfan76
04-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Ok the winning streak ended which was a good thing because you don't want to be entering the playoffs on a long streak like that. Now they get to rest up for the playoffs and will still have the number 1 seed and home court advantage throughout the playoffs

And if they see OKC again the first two games will be in San Antonio. So again I ask, what is there to be upset about if you are a spurs fan?

My answer would be NOTHING. Nothing was lost or gained tonight with this loss to OKC

RichieW
04-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Only thing that changed my mind in this game was how poorly Belinelli dealt with the Thunder perimeter length. Worrisome.

livinglegend
04-03-2014, 10:48 PM
They should be upset about the refs.
The refs will haunt them again in the playoffs. No way Silver let them make the finals over OKC. They will get 2012WCFgame6'd multiple times if they meet OKC.

This game was a message for Pop and Leonard by the NBA. Refs basically told them you cant mess up with our boy Durant and with his stats. If you try to, FTS and foul trouble.... DEAL WITH IT.

SCdac
04-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Only thing I get upset about are things any NBA fan would reasonably get upset about... obvious missed calls, unfair calls, ticky tack fouls on one end but not on the other, etc... Do I think it decided the game? No, not really. Do I think it influenced it? Yes.

Milbuck
04-03-2014, 10:50 PM
They were down a key player in Manu, and on the 2nd night of a back to back...on the road. They were also carrying the pressure of a 19-game winning streak into their toughest matchup.

They have absolutely nothing to be upset about. Brush it off and move on.

sportsfan76
04-03-2014, 10:54 PM
If you ask me I feel they have the advantage if they see OKC in the playoffs because there would be extra motivation

Do you really see the Spurs losing Game 1 of the WCF on their home floor after losing to OKC 4 times in the regular season?

r0drig0lac
04-03-2014, 10:54 PM
refs

oarabbus
04-03-2014, 10:55 PM
refs

This, it's pretty whack because you can't play defense against FT35

ninephive
04-03-2014, 10:55 PM
They should be upset about the refs.
The refs will haunt them again in the playoffs. No way Silver let them make the finals over OKC. They will get 2012WCFgame6'd multiple times if they meet OKC.

This game was a message for Pop and Leonard by the NBA. Refs basically told them you cant mess up with our boy Durant and with his stats. If you try to, FTS and foul trouble.... DEAL WITH IT.
Yah, refs had no shame sending the message that you won't touch Durant in the playoffs. I would say back to the drawing board, but it was pretty obvious that you can't touch at all, so double teams or hedging don't matter because you're getting the whistle, no questions asked. For Spurs fans, it was just a reminder that things haven't changed since the 2012 series. Last year was the Spurs best chance unless somehow OKC gets embarrassed like last year.

r0drig0lac
04-03-2014, 10:56 PM
This, it's pretty whack because you can't play defense against FT35
I just wish someone in the team talk about it openly, to see the reaction of other teams and the NBA, even if it meant a heavy fine, it's kinda ridiculous, it frustrates the opponent, and leaves completely out of the game.

oarabbus
04-03-2014, 10:59 PM
I just wish someone in the team talk about it openly, to see the reaction of other teams and the NBA, even if it meant a heavy fine, it's kinda ridiculous, it frustrates the opponent, and leaves completely out of the game.

Yeah definitely. And to any idiot stans, I'm a Warriors fan and have no reason to side with the Spurs

toxicxr6
04-03-2014, 11:00 PM
I was looking forward to seeing a very high quality close game and it seemed it would be that way.. Quarter 3 refs completely took over and changed the game.. it went from an exciting game to boring as fk..

Parker and Duncan were constantly fouled in the 3rd.. Parker was fouled on almost every offensive possession and the refs didn't call anything. Duncan was fouled inside on 3 possessions in the 3rd.. no calls...

At the other end spurs couldn't touch anyone..

So what am I upset about??

The fact the refs destroyed this game.. I don't get to watch a lot given I live in Australia..
NBA is a joke

livinglegend
04-03-2014, 11:00 PM

Marion did it and he got fined. Still, refs didnt change the way they called the games. We are struck with Durant and him getting helped by the refs.

JohnFreeman
04-03-2014, 11:01 PM
I wish someone would call out the officiating. Some owner just needs to pay the fine for the player. Cuban + Carter, you're up

r0drig0lac
04-03-2014, 11:03 PM
I wish someone would call out the officiating. Some owner just needs to pay the fine for the player. Cuban + Carter, you're up
just for the sake of the sport, some homeowners who could themselves go public, everyone is watching, it was 2012 again

ninephive
04-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Marion did it and he got fined. Still, refs didnt change the way they called the games. We are struck with Durant and him getting helped by the refs.
The fact that the NBA has such strict rules about not discussing officiating should be proof to us that they are reserving the right to use it to get their ideal matchups.

oarabbus
04-03-2014, 11:08 PM
The fact that the NBA has such strict rules about not discussing officiating should be proof to us that they are reserving the right to use it to get their ideal matchups.

Exactly. People REALLY dumb enough to think Tim Donaghy was just a "bad" apple? That's the same bullsh1t excuse everyone uses, from Enron to Abu Ghraib. Usually the case is it's a bad barrel, rotten from the top levels down.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about todays game, I'm talking about the NBA not allowing criticism about refs.

ihoopallday
04-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Yeah I'm a Heat fan or LeBron Stan ( whatever you want to call it), but the officiating is complete joke. Yes, the Heat have benefited from it also, but that doesn't make it right. It's a cheap way to win.

livinglegend
04-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Exactly. People REALLY dumb enough to think Tim Donaghy was just a "bad" apple? That's the same bullsh1t excuse everyone uses, from Enron to Abu Ghraib. Usually the case is it's a bad barrel, rotten from the top levels down.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about todays game, I'm talking about the NBA not allowing criticism about refs.

Obviously that guy was telling the truth. Last year, 3-4 months before the playoffs, I called that the refs would influence many games to help the Lakers get in the playoffs. Guess what, it happened. It was actually disgusting. Many missed/ touch calls in favor of Lakers ( watch youtube videos). Huge FTA disparities in favor of the Lakers. They got like 50 FTA against warriors.
Jazz and Mavs who were fighting with Lakers for the playoffs spot went from something like 10th and 13th FTA per game to last and second to last in FTA in the last 3-4 months.

They couldnt make it more obvious.

ninephive
04-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Obviously that guy was telling the truth. Last year, 3-4 months before the playoffs, I called that the refs would influence many games to help the Lakers get in the playoffs. Guess what, it happened. It was actually disgusting. Many missed/ touch calls in favor of Lakers ( watch youtube videos). Huge FTA disparities in favor of the Lakers. They got like 50 FTA against warriors.
Jazz and Mavs who were fighting with Lakers for the playoffs spot went from something like 10th and 13th FTA per game to last and second to last in FTA in the last 3-4 months.

I forgot about that last year. That was insane.

nosfan773
04-04-2014, 12:42 AM

Yeah good call, I forgot about that too.

I love the game so much and it pisses me off to no end that the officiating is what it is. I forget about it for months of the regular season until this time of the year when it smacks you in the face. The finals last year were one-sided but it was the 2012 WCF that I really jumped over to the conspiracy theory bus. I remember I had a bill riding on game 6 and walking out midway through the fourth saying I don't watch pro wrestling and I'm not watching this shit.

I don't care about tonights game, I wanted a loss TBH. It just brought up some really bad memories for me and I'm sure a lot of other Spurs fans.

On a side note, I really hope Splitter and Belinelli don't shit the bed in the playoffs like I think they're going to.

Big#50
04-04-2014, 02:41 AM
Seems like Leonard will be taken out of every ****ing game. The fouls they called on him were just total shit. The nba has decided he can't stop Durant. It's obvious. They will sit him every game. Duncan hammered no calls. Gets a block and a foul is called. Westbrook was allowed to just run through players to get steals. I'm upset at the reffing.
Thunder ****ing suck.
YUP,MAD.

Big#50
04-04-2014, 02:44 AM
Only thing that changed my mind in this game was how poorly Belinelli dealt with the Thunder perimeter length. Worrisome.
Noticed this as much as the refs. He seemed asleep.

All Net
04-04-2014, 02:52 AM
Who said they do?

T_L_P
04-04-2014, 03:25 AM
I didn't get a chance to watch the game. Was it really that bad?

LONGTIME
04-04-2014, 03:49 AM

No it wasn't. Fans crying because their team lost. Happens every ****ing time. Fans team loses, blame the officiating, not every other ****ing thing they did wrong.

r0drig0lac
04-04-2014, 02:44 PM
watch game 6, 2012, after attending the 3rd quarter of the match yesterday, is basically the same thing

navy
04-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Typical OKC Home Game. :confusedshrug:

JUDGE WITNESS
04-04-2014, 03:02 PM
well the natural response for the fangirls when their team cant win is to cry and blame the refs so its not really an issue worth worrying about

oarabbus
04-04-2014, 03:06 PM

You're right, that was f'ing ridiculous. I remember one game where Kobe must have gotten to the line in 3 or 4 consecutive possessions... my Lakers fan friend rationalized it by saying "Kobe is trying to bring them back single-handedly" :lol It was absolutely insane. IIRC, the Mavs got jobbed out of the playoffs during this time?

LONGTIME
04-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Fans blaming the refs... ****ing pathetic.

Choke
04-04-2014, 03:49 PM
It is quite confusing that Spurs are 0-4 vs. Thunder this season.

Budadiiii
04-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Spurs fans are actually the most classless in sports. Such sore losers. :oldlol:

OKC ****ing owns them. I would cry about the refs too if my teams championships hopes were bottlenecked by a younger, faster, stronger, team who wants it more. That acne ridden homo can't change it. Duncan, the choking nerd can't change it. No one can. So they blame the refs, when there is actually no officiating problem what so ever. At least not benefiting the Thunder. How many times did the Spurs benefit from a missed call in that game? How many times did a ball go off a Spur player and they retained possession? Happened 4 or 5 different times and they scored on every single one and got momentum from it, got our players technical fouls and forced us to waste time outs.

Nobody mentions it because everyone knows OKC is better. They're the bad guys because the Spurs can't beat us. They can't.

Cry about it some more though while we cockblock you f*ggots from another shot at a title. :roll:

TMT
04-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Winning streak is good and all, best record in the NBA is nice, but as long as these freaks of nature like Lebron and Durant are in the league we have no shot at a title. Sad, but true.

BuffaloBill
04-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Winning streak is good and all, best record in the NBA is nice, but as long as these freaks of nature like Lebron and Durant are in the league we have no shot at a title. Sad, but true.

Tim Duncan used to be a freak of nature :(

TMT
04-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Tim Duncan used to be a freak of nature :(

Indeed, and his time has come and gone in almost the blink of an eye it seems. It's Lebron's time now, soon to be Durant's. It's just how the NBA works. It's truly awesome that we've been able to be in the mix pretty consistently since our last title, but these young guns have us figured out.

Big#50
04-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Indeed, and his time has come and gone in almost the blink of an eye it seems. It's Lebron's time now, soon to be Durant's. It's just how the NBA works. It's truly awesome that we've been able to be in the mix pretty consistently since our last title, but these young guns have us figured out.
Nope. OKC only beats us because we cant play defense on them.simple as that. If its a close game the refs will give OKC all the calls. Leonard will be sent to the bench every game. The Heat I have no problem with. They have the best player since Duncan. **** OKC. **** DURANT.