PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone not like Dirk?

Le Shaqtus
04-04-2014, 01:09 AM
I don't think there's anything not to like about the dude. He works hard at what he does, he's won a chip, he's hilarious, and just seems like a nice guy in general. Plus his wife is pretty smokin' too.

Der Dunkinshitzel is probably the most likeable player in the league.

TylerOO
04-04-2014, 01:11 AM
Errr Errr Body love em!

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-04-2014, 01:11 AM
Fakkits

Le Shaqtus
04-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Fakkits

Look me in the eyes (metaphorically) and tell me you don't like Dirk Nowitzki.

You can't :pimp:

Fudge
04-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Don't make me get you banned again, Shaqtus.

funnystuff
04-04-2014, 01:13 AM
Fakkits
Confirmed prepubescent.

Le Shaqtus
04-04-2014, 01:14 AM
Don't make me get you banned again, Shaqtus.

Not this time son :mad:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Look me in the eyes (metaphorically) and tell me you don't like Dirk Nowitzki.

You can't :pimp:
Dirk is one of my fave players:wtf: :wtf:
Im sayin only fakkits dont like him:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Le Shaqtus
04-04-2014, 01:16 AM
Dirk is one of my fave players:wtf: :wtf:
Im sayin only fakkits dont like him:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Oh my B brah, you straight then :cheers:

sammichoffate
04-04-2014, 01:17 AM
I hated him for murdering the Lakers and Blazers in 2011 :lol He's part of Kobe and Tim's generation, it'll be a horrific day for me when he retires.

Milbuck
04-04-2014, 01:18 AM
My favorite player of all time. I'm gonna be bawling like a blubbering fool when he retires.

Le Shaqtus
04-04-2014, 01:20 AM
My favorite player of all time. I'm gonna be bawling like a blubbering fool when he retires.

It's gonna suck when he's gone, Mavs without Dirk just doesn't make sense

DMAVS41
04-04-2014, 01:22 AM
SCdac or whatever his name is hates Dirk and the Mavs...

bdreason
04-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Dirk became an all-time fan favorite with that 2011 Championship.

Smook A.
04-04-2014, 01:26 AM
I've always liked Dirk. I liked him more especially after the 2011 NBA Finals. Dallas Mavs are the only team to beat the Miami Heat in the playoffs in the last 3 years.

When he retires, im probably gonna go on YouTube and watch his highlights for an hour. I might cry a little. Same thing will happen when guys like Duncan, KG, Paul Pierce, Kobe, and maybe Ray Allen

Droid101
04-04-2014, 01:26 AM
Wish he wasn't on the Mavs. I hate that team, but I like him.

Le Shaqtus
04-04-2014, 01:27 AM
Wish he wasn't on the Mavs. I hate that team, but I like him.

I know that feel, I hate the Lakers but I like Pau.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-04-2014, 01:28 AM
I've always liked Dirk. I liked him more especially after the 2011 NBA Finals. Dallas Mavs are the only team to beat the Miami Heat in the playoffs in the last 3 years.

When he retires, im probably gonna go on YouTube and watch his highlights for an hour. I might cry a little. Same thing will happen when guys like Duncan, KG, Paul Pierce, Kobe, Ray Allen, Steve Nash, and Wade retire. I have alot of respect for those guys
U have respect for Wade?he one of the biggest btches in the league:facepalm :facepalm

Droid101
I know that feel, I hate the Lakers but I like Pau.
Bro I feel you. :cheers:

sd3035
The Letards on this forum probably don't care for him after what happened in 2011

funnystuff
04-04-2014, 01:29 AM

When he retires, im probably gonna go on YouTube and watch his highlights for an hour. I might cry a little. Same thing will happen when guys like Duncan, KG, Paul Pierce, Kobe, Ray Allen, Steve Nash, and Wade retire. I have alot of respect for those guys
:roll: :roll: :roll:

The obvious agenda at the end is cringe worthy. :oldlol:

Le Shaqtus
04-04-2014, 01:31 AM
The Letards on this forum probably don't care for him after what happened in 2011

I don't know, when we lost in 2009 to the Lakers I hated that team. But sometimes you can't help but like certain players who play for them.

Though LeBron stans are probably the most bitter people on this forum... Actual Heat fans probably still like Dirk.

Droid101
04-04-2014, 01:35 AM
I don't know, when we lost in 2009 to the Lakers I hated that team. But sometimes you can't help but like certain players who play for them.

Though LeBron stans are probably the most bitter people on this forum... Actual Heat fans probably still like Dirk.
Making the finals is a definite win. Don't let the trolls here say otherwise. It's a big deal no matter the competition.

Smook A.
04-04-2014, 01:38 AM
How did I get D-Wade on my list?? :wtf:

Been smokin too much f*cking weed man...

sammichoffate
04-04-2014, 01:40 AM
Wow I actually put Wade on the list. About to edit it. F*ck him:cheers:

KyleKong
04-04-2014, 01:43 AM
Anyone who doesn't like Dirk had their grandfather killed in WWII.

JohnFreeman
04-04-2014, 01:45 AM

The f*ck is wrong with DWade?

sammichoffate
04-04-2014, 01:47 AM
Anyone who doesn't like Dirk had their grandfather killed in WWII.:wtf:

SCdac
04-04-2014, 01:48 AM
SCdac or whatever his name is hates Dirk and the Mavs...

Lol don't be a salty Dirk stan, you just don't understand the appreciation for a good rivalry if you think I "hate" Dirk or any player for that matter. I'm critical, naturally, especially of Western conference foes (Lakers, Mavs, etc), but I give huge props to both Dirk and what Cuban accomplished. And I've always said Dirk seems like a cool cat off the court, very classy in interviews. I have family in Dallas and was a fan of the Mavs before Dirk was even drafted (before you were a Mavs fan?). I value my rookie Kidds, Jacksons, and Mashburns in a folder of cards tucked away some where and always loved Finley. I was stoked to take a pic with childhood favorite Popeye Jones at the Vegas airport years back (which I posted here on ISH) and if I ever met Dirk I'd be relatively starstruck. But, there's still a good-natured rivalry, and I hope Mavs/Lakers fans feel the same way too....You just get touchy because you're obsessed with Dirk and can't take when an imperfection of his is pointed out...But as far as being critical, do you hate Derrick Rose? I don't suspect you do, yet I've seen you be highly critical of him, almost vitriolic. It's part of being a fan to have strong opinions on the game, wouldn't you agree?

coin24
04-04-2014, 01:49 AM
The Mighty Dirkules:bowdown: :bowdown:

Still a beast:applause:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-04-2014, 01:51 AM
The f*ck is wrong with DWade?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJmyMfpbsMY

Mr. Jabbar
04-04-2014, 01:52 AM
bran?

JohnFreeman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJmyMfpbsMY
You are going to hate and not appreciate the third best SG ever, because of some incidents?

DMAVS41
Lol don't be a salty Dirk stan, you just don't understand the appreciation for a good rivalry if you think I "hate" Dirk or any player for that matter. I'm critical, naturally, especially of Western conference foes (Lakers, Mavs, etc), but I give huge props to both Dirk and what Cuban accomplished. And I've always said Dirk seems like a cool cat off the court, very classy in interviews. I have family in Dallas and was a fan of the Mavs before Dirk was even drafted (before you were a Mavs fan?). I value my rookie Kidds, Jacksons, and Mashburns in a folder of cards tucked away some where and always loved Finley. I was stoked to take a pic with childhood favorite Popeye Jones at the Vegas airport years back (which I posted here on ISH) and if I ever met Dirk I'd be relatively starstruck. But, there's still a good-natured rivalry, and I hope Mavs/Lakers fans feel the same way too....You just get touchy because you're obsessed with Dirk and can't take when an imperfection of his is pointed out...But as far as being critical, do you hate Derrick Rose? I don't suspect you do, yet I've seen you be highly critical of him, almost vitriolic. It's part of being a fan to have strong opinions on the game, wouldn't you agree?

Nah, there is a difference.

I love the rivalry with the Spurs and of course want them to lose all the time, but I don't let that cloud how I view the players

I'm not the one saying things like the difference between Avery Johnson and Pop is essentially meaningless...that's just bias and being stubborn

Patrick Chewing
04-04-2014, 01:53 AM
Unstoppable shot.

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/58/5868/FVOSG00Z/posters/ronald-martinez-miami-heat-v-dallas-mavericks-game-three-dallas-tx-june-5-dirk-nowitzki-and-udonis-haslem.jpg

http://akennedy13.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/dirk-heat.jpg

http://imgc.artprintimages.com/images/art-print/andrew-bernstein-dallas-mavericks-v-miami-heat-game-two-miami-fl-june-2-dirk-nowitzki-tyson-chandler-and-chr_i-G-58-5863-N1MSG00Z.jpg

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-04-2014, 01:54 AM
You are going to hate and not appreciate the third best SG ever, because of some incidents?
I like and appreciate Jerry West

JohnFreeman
04-04-2014, 01:55 AM
I like and appreciate Jerry West
West is a career loser

DirkNowitzki41
04-04-2014, 02:00 AM
look at my username :lol

the day he retires, the NBA is gonna get much worse for me. :cry: :cry:

There is some people who hate the guy, dont know why though.

SCdac
04-04-2014, 02:04 AM
Nah, there is a difference.

I love the rivalry with the Spurs and of course want them to lose all the time, but I don't let that cloud how I view the players

I'm not the one saying things like the difference between Avery Johnson and Pop is essentially meaningless...that's just bias and being stubborn

First off, lol at you saying you ain't clouded. Either way you're missing the point entirely if that's what you got. I'm saying, there's teams and players you root for and there's teams and players you root against. Due to your Dirk-sensitivity, you've misconstrued that, and really any difference of opinion whatsoever, as "hatred". If there's any players that really deserved hatred, it's players who shit on the game, their teammates, and the fans. Dirk is cool. But naturally, like every player, his game is imperfect, from a basketball standpoint. And that's what we talk about on ISH, basketball

SCdac
04-04-2014, 02:06 AM
:pimp:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GvYF9OdiiaU/TffQAeAesmI/AAAAAAAABSA/rJjkvHNr3yQ/s1600/Dirk+Chugs+Champagne+.jpg

MavsPoke
04-04-2014, 02:09 AM
It's impossible to hate Dirk.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2440405/dirk-dance-o.gif

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/steve-nash-dirk-nowitzki-2-drunk-pictures1.jpg

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/YSeh2xR.gif

DMAVS41
04-04-2014, 02:11 AM
First off, lol at you saying you ain't clouded. Either way you're missing the point entirely if that's what you got. I'm saying, there's teams and players you root for and there's teams and players you root against. Due to your Dirk-sensitivity, you've misconstrued that, and really any difference of opinion whatsoever, as "hatred". If there's any players that really deserved hatred, it's players who shit on the game, their teammates, and the fans. Dirk is cool. But naturally, like every player, his game is imperfect, from a basketball standpoint. And that's what we talk about on ISH, basketball

I got your point.

I'm saying that you let rooting against the Mavs/Dirk impact heavily your opinion of them.

I spent the last decade plus rooting against the Spurs...but in the end I don't think it clouds my take on the them nearly as much as it clouds yours.

How am I clouded? You act like I'm arguing for Dirk to be as good as Duncan or a top 10 player ever or something.

All I've done is destroyed stupid myths and misconceptions about Dirk and the Mavs since coming here.

A clouded fan pretends there is no difference between Avery and Pop...

Is what it is...

SCdac
04-04-2014, 02:15 AM
I got your point.

I'm saying that you let rooting against the Mavs/Dirk impact heavily your opinion of them.

I spent the last decade plus rooting against the Spurs...but in the end I don't think it clouds my take on the them nearly as much as it clouds yours.

How am I clouded? You act like I'm arguing for Dirk to be as good as Duncan or a top 10 player ever or something.

All I've done is destroyed stupid myths and misconceptions about Dirk and the Mavs since coming here.

A clouded fan pretends there is no difference between Avery and Pop...

Is what it is...

You really are the Dirk crusader aren't you :oldlol:

whatever man, at least you're a fan of the game. Cheers.

Just curious though, were you a Mavs fan before Dirk was drafted/traded for?

-p.tiddy-
04-04-2014, 02:21 AM
Easily my favorite player of all time

Dirk is an absolute living legend in my eyes

-p.tiddy-
04-04-2014, 02:24 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=80pl68rTc08

Dirk breaks a kids heart

Shit still makes me lol

DMAVS41
04-04-2014, 02:25 AM
You really are the Dirk crusader aren't you :oldlol:

whatever man, at least you're a fan of the game. Cheers.

Just curious though, were you a Mavs fan before Dirk was drafted/traded for?

I had season tickets from back in the day in the 80's and 90's before I moved...

When you suffer through a decade as bad as the 90's as a diehard fan of a sports franchise...you come to appreciate and defend the people who turn it around

I actually don't think Cuban has done a great job overall. I love him for spending enough money and never giving up, but we've made a lot of mistakes over the last 15 or so years.

It's been a fantastic ride, but it of course could have been better...even Cuban in a honest moment would agree.

Milbuck
04-04-2014, 02:26 AM

:durantunimpressed: What's wrong with Wade?

JimmyMcAdocious
04-04-2014, 02:27 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2439575/dirk-guitar-o.gif

So, no.

-p.tiddy-
04-04-2014, 02:29 AM
I had season tickets from back in the day in the 80's and 90's before I moved...

When you suffer through a decade as bad as the 90's as a diehard fan of a sports franchise...you come to appreciate and defend the people who turn it around

I actually don't think Cuban has done a great job overall. I love him for spending enough money and never giving up, but we've made a lot of mistakes over the last 15 or so years.

It's been a fantastic ride, but it of course could have been better...even Cuban in a honest moment would agree.
Any franchise "could have been better"... Cuban is the fckin man, Mavs have no ring without him...he has most definitely done a " great job" overall

Cuban is one of the best owners in all of sports IMO...obviously he has made some wrong moves but no one is perfect.

DMAVS41
04-04-2014, 02:33 AM
Any franchise "could have been better"... Cuban is the fckin man, Mavs have no ring without him...he has most definitely done a " great job" overall

Cuban is one of the best owners in all of sports IMO...obviously he has made some wrong moves but no one is perfect.

Agreed.

I've defended Cuban on here time and time again...

Graviton
04-04-2014, 02:38 AM
My cousin was a fan of Dallas/Dirk ever since he was drafted. When I asked him why Dirk, he said "Because he gives white boys hope". For years I laughed at him when Dallas kept failing in the playoffs and made fun of the team for choking. In 2011 when Miami had that lead in Game 2 and Wade hit a 3 and looked at the Dallas bench I looked at my cousin sitting next to me and laughed loud in his face. I was celebrating their "loss" already. But then Dirk went Clutch God mode and won the game. That was such a huge backfire, my cousin was the one laughing in my face in the end, for months. After that I respected Dirk's resolve and balls of steel, then after hearing him in interviews I realized the guy is a class act and someone every NBA rookie should have as a role model.

If you hate this man, you are satan.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2440405/dirk-dance-o.gif

ArbitraryWater
04-04-2014, 02:41 AM
Favorite Player ever :bowdown:

VERY likeable... only Idiots dislike him.

kentatm
04-04-2014, 02:46 AM
VERY likeable

link (http://lshinoda.buzznet.com/user/video/50945/dirk-nowitzki-punkd/)

:bowdown: :oldlol:

Big#50
04-04-2014, 02:49 AM
Dirk is top 15. Dude was/is awesome. If he were a better defender I would have him in the top ten.

goldcrow
04-04-2014, 02:57 AM
Dirk is the main reason I went from a casual fan to a die-hard NBA fan. It was very rewarding to see him win in 2011 against the three stooges. At 35 years old, Dirk is still schooling players close to half his age. Dat longevity. :cheers:

http://i.imgur.com/YSeh2xR.gif

SCdac
04-04-2014, 03:03 AM
link (http://lshinoda.buzznet.com/user/video/50945/dirk-nowitzki-punkd/)

:bowdown: :oldlol:

:roll:

"To Rob, I hope you feel better soon... and that you get your jump shot back"

can you imagine actually getting that from Dirk? lol

and the irony of signing a Lebron jersey. Wouldn't mind owning that

funnystuff
04-04-2014, 03:10 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=80pl68rTc08

Dirk breaks a kids heart

Shit still makes me lol
:roll:

sejoon101
04-04-2014, 03:27 AM

Cuban is an awesome owner. Sometimes I can't tell if he's a die hard fan or an owner. You see this fool in games? lol.

I personally don't know anyone who dislikes Dirk.. Even my friends that hug Bran's nuts like Dirk. I also love Dirk. I follow the Mavs strictly because of Dirk... Damn.. Once Dirk is gone...

T_L_P
04-04-2014, 04:28 AM
Favourite non-Spur of all time, along with Gary Payton

moaz
04-04-2014, 05:37 AM
I'm maybe the 3rd biggest Dirk fan on this forum (can't win against the 2 dirk/mav41 :bowdown:). When I lived in a country where you couldn't watch the NBA, I used to read the newspapers and forums of the opposite teams before and after the games (I still do it sometimes when Dirk has a good game :D). Best thing about him, beside being a likeable down to earth guy (remember the Punk'd episode), is that he is really a hard worker, who knows what he can and what he can't do, and he has always worked to improve his weak points.

Only thing I forgive him for, is him sitting out the Raptors game this year when I took my son to see him for the first time (after 3 months of daily talking about Dirk/mavs :cry:)

CeltsGarlic
04-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Swish 41 hell yeah

GOATbrookisGAWD
04-04-2014, 05:51 AM
Dude made Bran his bitch, what's not to like?

tontoz
04-04-2014, 07:16 AM
11 50 win seasons since he has been there.

Havent paid much attention to him this year. Just noticed he is averaging 21.6 ppg with a TS of 60%. Pretty strong for a 35 year old.

AirFederer
04-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Legend as a player and seems like a very cool and down to earth dude :applause:

Flash31
04-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Fck that soft,S-O-F-T,Sawwfffft
Jump shooting,mediocre defense playing,got helped by the refs in 2011 and wouldnt have won if LeBron didnt choke and didnt have a good defensive c to mask his lack of d,choked CHOKED away a 2-0 lead and lost mainly bc of a guy hes 6+ inches taller than,CHOKED after winning 67 Games and MVP to an 8th SEED,
Consistently was on a team with one of the highest payrolls and only won after 13 years and is now overrated to the max bc he beat the Hated Heat,

Got Shut Down by Udonis Haslem but hey 20+ Touch me and Ill sue Fta against Thunder to get there
Need a good defensive c and high payroll just to be relevant
Need to go against a Team more relevant and popular than Mavs just to be talked about besides CHOKING

Nobody talks about the Mavs Winning in 2011 or Dirk Winning Finals MVP
Instead the story was and is always about the losers and Miami Losing and LeBron Choking

Dirks most relevant time was when somebody lost rather than he won
When Dirks team was EXPECTED to Win and he was MVP he Choked to an 8th Seed but no one really talks about it bc hes not relevant

LeBron playing bad got more press and relevance and notoriety than Dirk playing good

Got OUTPLAYED BOTH Times in the Finals by a 6'4 Guard while getting shut down by Udonis Haslem Twice

Shot More FTA than Dwyane Wade in 2006 Playoffs but somehow Wades the ref helped star,Got his ass handed to him by a team who barely made the playoffs

Nobody would give two craps about Dirk and he wouldnt even be relevant besides known as Choking if he didnt beat the Heat

Even if a team beat the Heat in 2011,and Dirk beat that team or another
The main story would still NOT be Dirk

THERE

dr.hee
04-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Jump shooting,mediocre defense playing,got helped by the refs in 2011 and wouldnt have won if LeBron didnt choke and didnt have a good defensive c to mask his lack of d,choked CHOKED away a 2-0 lead and lost mainly bc of a guy hes 6+ inches taller than,CHOKED after winning 67 Games and MVP to an 8th SEED,
Consistently was on a team with one of the highest payrolls and only won after 13 years and is now overrated to the max bc he beat the Hated Heat,

Got Shut Down by Udonis Haslem but hey 20+ Touch me and Ill sue Fta against Thunder to get there
Need to go against a Team more relevant and popular than Mavs just to be talked about besides CHOKING

Instead the story was and is always about the losers and Miami Losing and LeBron Choking

When Dirks team was EXPECTED to Win and he was MVP he Choked to an 8th Seed but no one really talks about it bc hes not relevant

LeBron playing bad got more press and relevance and notoriety than Dirk playing good

Got OUTPLAYED BOTH Times in the Finals by a 6'4 Guard while getting shut down by Udonis Haslem Twice

Shot More FTA than Dwyane Wade in 2006 Playoffs but somehow Wades the ref helped star,Got his ass handed to him by a team who barely made the playoffs

Nobody would give two craps about Dirk and he wouldnt even be relevant besides known as Choking if he didnt beat the Heat

THERE

http://i.imgur.com/1tBKK1M.gif

Flash31
04-04-2014, 10:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1tBKK1M.gif[/QUOTE]

ha

Now just look at the flowers ok.

That was a bad ass show though

Demitri98
04-04-2014, 11:03 AM
I don't like him. He's a 7 foot behemoth that stands on the perimeter and shoots 3's and mids. He's great at it, but I never like 7 footers who plays outside. I respect him, just don't like his game.

JohnMax
04-04-2014, 11:19 AM

THERE

http://i.minus.com/iP2QcRdotKP9I.gif

JohnMax
04-04-2014, 11:21 AM
http://i.minus.com/iBbPOygTSpFPp.gif

Flash31
04-04-2014, 11:32 AM
http://i.minus.com/iBbPOygTSpFPp.gif
http://7citieswitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Larry-Sanders.gif

ArbitraryWater
04-04-2014, 11:36 AM
http://7citieswitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Larry-Sanders.gif

http://mylastdayhere.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/failure1.jpg

Flash31
04-04-2014, 11:41 AM
This isn't a Jameer thread man,keep that outta here

Dont nobody want to see that

riseagainst
04-04-2014, 11:42 AM

THERE

this reminds me of this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147107

still funny after all these years.

dr.hee
04-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Now just look at the flowers ok.

Yeah, my favorite TD episode was when Carol shot that blonde girl. You know your TV references just as well as basketball :cheers:

mr.big35
04-04-2014, 01:01 PM
this reminds me of this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147107

still funny after all these years.

he is right you know

Flash31
04-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah, my favorite TD episode was when Carol shot that blonde girl. You know your TV references just as well as basketball :cheers:

I think everybody with a brain would know why I said that and the reference from TWD.

My favorite TWD episode was when Rust gave the lecture about religions and death.

Now I like to mow my own lawn ok.

But my mistake mustve been from TD then,
you know your ball and tv shows too :cheers:

kentatm
04-05-2014, 12:47 AM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/best-dirk-gif.gif