PDA

View Full Version : If Durant is as good, or even better than Lebron ever was...

WindmiLL
04-04-2014, 07:59 AM
then how come he is less expected to win than Lebron is now/was in Cleveland when he was the same age as Durant now?

I made this thread because I don't want to derail that Durant and Westrbrook thread when I started this argument.

How can a player B who is just as good or even than a player A and has much better teammates than player A be less expected to win? I just don't get this logic. And we all know that media, casual fans and hardcore fans like us on ISH would criticize Lebron more than Durant if Lebron is the one between the two who fails to win a chip.

WindmiLL
04-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Here are my posts from another thread....

Now, when you're all comparing Durant to Lebron at the same age, I just hope Durant will be held to the same standards Lebron was back in Cleveland. I don't know why but I'm almost sure that if Durant fails to win a chip again, he will receive way less criticism than Lebron did in Cleveland when he failed to win a ring.

And I just can't understand how Lebron in his last years with the Cavs was held to the higher standardss than Durant is held now, since Durant now is atleast as good as James was back then or even better like majority on here would argue. And that's having a second option in Westbrook, a player Lebron could only dream of in Cleveland and let's throw in Ibaka aswell, an elite defensive big in todays league.

Originally Posted by SHABBA

If healthy OKC lose to anyone but Miami, KD will get a LOT of criticism - and rightly so.

I'm almost 100% sure it won't be anywhere close to what Lebron received in 09', 10', let's not even talk who would receive more criticism if Lebron fails to win a chip this year.

And I just can't help myself but all this is just leading me to believe that Durant is just not on the same level as Lebron since he is not held to the same standards as Lebron, not even close.

dunksby
04-04-2014, 08:15 AM
I can only see three legitimate contenders in the league, Heat/OKC/LAC. Heat are the favorites with OKC and LAC coming second and third. Miami and LAC are both deep and have big stars but OKC's one-two punch will overwhelm the Clippers in my opinion. I would be disappointed if we lose to any team but the Heat even though we stand a good chance at beating Miami this time.

ILLsmak
04-04-2014, 08:15 AM
then how come he is less expected to win than Lebron is now/was in Cleveland when he was the same age as Durant now?

I made this thread because I don't want to derail that Durant and Westrbrook thread when I started this argument.

How can a player B who is just as good or even than a player A and has much better teammates than player A be less expected to win? I just don't get this logic. And we all know that media, casual fans and hardcore fans like us on ISH would criticize Lebron more than Durant if Lebron is the one between the two who fails to win a chip.

Because the Heat formed a superteam.

You can say O BOSTON, but really that team was built to compete for a very short time.

If the Heat were deleted from reality... or their players were assigned to different teams, the Thunder would have that pressure. Yes, even over Bron. It's just that people know the Heat are a ****ing team for the ages...

-Smak

WindmiLL
04-04-2014, 08:32 AM
In previous posts I don't think I highlighted enough the part where I'm talking about Cavs Lebron and criticism he received back then compared to Durant now when they're both same age. That's also why I said that player B has MUCH better team, because I was comparing Durant to Cavs Lebron.

Of course that having Wade and Bosh as teammates lifts your expectations through the roof I'm not disputing that.

SpaceJammeR
04-04-2014, 08:43 AM
durant is not a better basketball player than lebron.

ArbitraryWater
04-04-2014, 08:46 AM
My threads got deleted when I made similar stuff :facepalm And this isn't even bad.. them mods man

Jlamb47
04-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Cuz Lebron teamed up with Wade and they expected him to win with two of the top players in the league. at that time bosh and wade were both all star starters putting up crazy numbers.

Warfan
04-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Cuz Lebron teamed up with Wade and they expected him to win with two of the top players in the league. at that time bosh and wade were both all star starters putting up crazy numbers.

Now, when you're all comparing Durant to Lebron at the same age, I just hope Durant will be held to the same standards Lebron was back in Cleveland. I don't know why but I'm almost sure that if Durant fails to win a chip again, he will receive way less criticism than Lebron did in Cleveland when he failed to win a ring.

raprap
04-04-2014, 09:02 AM
Because he is not as polarizing as lebron. He maybe as good though but I still think lbj is a better player.

sd3035
I don't remember anyone expecting Lebron to win a title with Cleveland, everyone knew he would get swept after the D league Eastern conference games were finished

JohnMax
Durant only broke out this year. He was not even clear cut #2 player last year.

raprap
04-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Read the OP again

Marchesk
04-04-2014, 09:11 AM

:biggums:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-04-2014, 09:20 AM
Cuz Durant is a straight joke and will never win as the man, at least not as long as lebron is in his prime.
as soon as they wont give him every single call he will be exposed once again.
already looking forward to him playing memphis again:applause:

JohnMax
04-04-2014, 09:42 AM
:biggums:

Last year Melo won scoring title and lead Knicks to 54-28 record. He also got the lone vote that prevented Lebron from unanimous MVP.

People's opinion of Durant declined after the Memphis playoff series. Skip Bayless even went as far as saying Westbrook was better.

Mass Debator
04-04-2014, 09:58 AM
"King" James/The Chosen One

vs

The Servant...

Frozen1
04-04-2014, 10:07 AM
LOL some retards here failed text interpretation classes.

The guy is talking about when he was in cleveland and some posters are talking about miami.

And the answer is that Durant is not expected to win because he is half of the player and has half of the media lebron had back in cleveland.

Jlamb47
04-04-2014, 10:12 AM
LOL some retards here failed text interpretation classes.

The guy is talking about when he was in cleveland and some posters are talking about miami.

And the answer is that Durant is not expected to win because he is half of the player and has half of the media lebron had back in cleveland.

Half of the player??

32 8 6 at 25 years old in a TOUGHER conference ?
hes definetly not half of the player but yes half of media attention because he sint a DIVA or lies to media

" i will do the dunk contest "
" I will bring chip to cleveland "
ok Lebron

aj1987
04-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Half of the player??

32 8 6 at 25 years old in a TOUGHER conference ?
hes definetly not half of the player but yes half of media attention because he sint a DIVA or lies to media

" i will do the dunk contest "
" I will bring chip to cleveland "
ok Lebron
LeBron absolutely DESTROYED the Spurs' fans. They never were as bitchy and whiny about him before the Finals. :oldlol:

Lets not act like LeBron was getting and still gets criticized for not winning in Cleveland. He also never had players as good as Westbrick, Harden, and Ibaka.

Jlamb47
04-04-2014, 10:16 AM
LeBron absolutely DESTROYED the Spurs' fans. They never were as bitchy and whiny about him before the Finals. :oldlol:

Your right he definetly hurt me lol
i do admit it, atleast i dont downplay anyone else?

i also NEVER forgot how we gave LEBRON his 1st CHOKE
0-4 sweep for a team that was top of there conference. He was putting up 60 wins but coudlnt get one in the finals.
im just being REAL. KD is showing ass this year and you cant admit it cuz Lebron c0ck in your mouth

Lol at the lebron not getting this and that
so Lebron leaves his hometown and lies to them so he can be selfish?

aj1987
04-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Your right he definetly hurt me lol
i do admit it, atleast i dont downplay anyone else?

i also NEVER forgot how we gave LEBRON his 1st CHOKE
0-4 sweep for a team that was top of there conference. He was putting up 60 wins but coudlnt get one in the finals.
im just being REAL. KD is showing ass this year and you cant admit it cuz Lebron c0ck in your mouth

Lol at the lebron not getting this and that
so Lebron leaves his hometown and lies to them so he can be selfish?
What the **** are you even talking about?

First of all, do you even remember the '07 Finals? Compare the Spurs roster to the Cav's roster. If you actually read any of my other posts, I've give KD a LOT of credit. I've said that he's the best player in the NBA. You're so blinded by your hate of LeBron, your retarded little mind missed that stuff.

Secondly, he might've kept his promise if he was surrounded by better teammates. Not many players lose in the ECF while averaging 39/8/8 on 60% TS. Even Timmy wouldn't have won anything with those Cavs teams.

Finally, stop crying like a little bitch.

tmacattack33
04-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Fukk outta here. KD is not the defensive player Lebron got to in his last few years in Cleveland. And offensively, Cleveland Lebron wins as well.

Jlamb47
04-04-2014, 10:27 AM
What the **** are you even talking about?

First of all, do you even remember the '07 Finals? Compare the Spurs roster to the Cav's roster. If you actually read any of my other posts, I've give KD a LOT of credit. I've said that he's the best player in the NBA. You're so blinded by your hate of LeBron, your retarded little mind missed that stuff.

Secondly, he might've kept his promise if he was surrounded by better teammates. Not many players lose in the ECF while averaging 39/8/8 on 60% TS. Even Timmy wouldn't have won anything with those Cavs teams.

Finally, stop crying like a little bitch.

YOU SAID ECF lol
nice one

now post what he put in the FINALS hahahah ******* lol

Cleveland had a great record IDGAF who was on there team obvisouly they were good to make it to the finals

LEBRON CHOKED
DEAL WITH IT SON

post his finals stats idiot not his EFC
SPURS play in the WESTTTTT not the EAST

Jlamb47
04-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Fukk outta here. KD is not the defensive player Lebron got to in his last few years in Cleveland. And offensively, Cleveland Lebron wins as well.

He never won
Lebron Chokes as well is what you ment

aj1987
04-04-2014, 10:32 AM
YOU SAID ECF lol
nice one

Cleveland had a great record IDGAF who was on there team obvisouly they were good to make it to the finals

LEBRON CHOKED
DEAL WITH IT SON

Since you don't seem to understand how teams or defenses work, when only one player on the team is an offensive threat, I'm not even gonna bother.

LeBron murked your team and you whiny little bitches have been crying since then. :oldlol:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-04-2014, 10:34 AM
YOU SAID ECF lol
nice one

LEBRON CHOKED
DEAL WITH IT SON

hes talking about the 2009 ECF you POS

Jlamb47
04-04-2014, 10:35 AM
hes talking about the 2009 ECF you POS

2009 has nothing to do with 2007
im talking to him not you

Jlamb47
04-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Since you don't seem to understand how teams or defenses work, when only one player on the team is an offensive threat, I'm not even gonna bother.

LeBron murked your team and you whiny little bitches have been crying since then. :oldlol:

he didnt "murk" us he did alright
Ray Allen murked us

but we SWEPT LEBRON lol
2007 = 0-4 why would i be mad?

duncan lost one finals
lebron lost 2

4 rings > 2 rings

aj1987
04-04-2014, 10:38 AM
he didnt "murk" us he did alright
Ray Allen murked us

but we SWEPT LEBRON lol
2007 = 0-4 why would i be mad?

duncan lost one finals
lebron lost 2

4 rings > 2 rings
Why are you even bringing up Timmy? Dude's one of my favorite players. You Spurs "fans", however, are just pathetic. Yeah, you guys swept a Cav's team with LeBron and scrubs. Congratulations.

Jlamb47
04-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Why are you even bringing up Timmy? Dude's one of my favorite players. You Spurs "fans", however, are just pathetic. Yeah, you guys swept a Cav's team with LeBron and scrubs. Congratulations.

not scrubs if they make it that far

Marlo_Stanfield
04-04-2014, 11:49 AM
they made it because they had the best basketball player of all time on their team

HoopsFanNumero1
04-04-2014, 11:52 AM
It's simple. Because Durant isn't close to the player Lebron is, so naturally the expectations are low of him.

And smh at that disgusting Durant stan, jlamb, posing as a Spurs fan :facepalm

Is He Ill
04-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Because of the hype that LBJ had coming out of high school. That's why the expectations were so high. If you're going to label yourself The King or The Chosen 1 at 17 years old, you better win some championships.

Jlamb47
04-04-2014, 11:58 AM
they made it because they had the best basketball player of all time on their team

Lol all time?

you mean all time choker

Jlamb47
04-04-2014, 12:00 PM
It's simple. Because Durant isn't close to the player Lebron is, so naturally the expectations are low of him.

And smh at that disgusting Durant stan, jlamb, posing as a Spurs fan :facepalm

Look at all my post homie
i talk about everyone i enjoy watching
mainly Duncan
I enjoy Durant but im a bigger russell westbrook fan
i done posted my fav players a bunch of times
im just speakin about KD and Lebron
your just upset that someone that isnt KD or Lebron fan not choosing ur favorite player thats all

TMT
04-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Thread title is actually very true.

The best answer though is probably because there was no "Miami Heat" that was reigning over the league during Lebron's stint in Cleveland. They had those awesome Celtics teams who were about as close as they could get, but I guess the disparity these days is one of the reasons. Now it's Miami and then everyone else. Where as before it was a bunch of good teams in the mix.

Just my two cents. Lebron's expectations were definitely overblown in Cleveland.

red1
04-04-2014, 12:25 PM
durant is no lebron

riseagainst
04-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Durant is better than Lebron at this point. But the Heat is still a better team than the Thunder.

Solefade
04-04-2014, 12:29 PM

Lebron so good he tricked everyone into thinking Mike Brown was a good coach and the Cavs actually had a good squad with Mo Williams being the 2nd option :roll:

J Shuttlesworth
04-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Some Durant fans are hilarious. They keep making excuses for the thunder to lose in the playoffs. The reason that KD doesn't have the same winning expectations is because LeBron is still in the league. When OKC fans make excuses, they are admitting that LeBron is better than him.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-04-2014, 12:37 PM
IDK. I'm a bit reluctant to call Durant the "best player", especially after their last H2H.

The playoffs should help "resolve" this.

tmacattack33
04-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Because of the hype that LBJ had coming out of high school. That's why the expectations were so high. If you're going to label yourself The King or The Chosen 1 at 17 years old, you better win some championships.

If ur going to get mad and question nicknames players give themselves, how about "the servant" nickname that Durant gave himself?

Lol

CarlosBoozer
04-04-2014, 12:45 PM
He's been better than Lebron this year, but Lebron hasn't really been performing at his usual high level (other than the 61 outburst) at a consistent level. In my opinion, none of that shit matters. Lead your team in the playoffs and win the finals. That's how you find out who's really better.

Levity
04-04-2014, 01:23 PM
who had CLE as their favorites to win during lebrons time there? They were good because of him, yes. but everyone kept saying this team needed a better 2nd option if they wanted to win.

i never saw them as more of a favorite than the thunder are now.

Is He Ill
04-04-2014, 01:38 PM
If ur going to get mad and question nicknames players give themselves, how about "the servant" nickname that Durant gave himself?

Lol

That's a horrendous nickname. I'm just saying that the insane hype that Lebron had coming out of high school was the reason why expectations were so high for him in Cleveland. Lebron has definitely lived up to expectations, though.

Demitri98
04-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Here's a better question: does 25 year old LeBron win it all with this team?

There's your answer.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Here's a better question: does 25 year old LeBron win it all with this team?

There's your answer.
he would lose 3 playoff games at most with this Thunder cast.

ILLsmak
04-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Yea I understand, but point is that kd is facing a different circumstance vs a dynasty level team.

-Smak

funnystuff
04-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Spurs fans still salty about Lebrons clutch game 7. :bowdown:

Meanwhile

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818167/duncanmiss.gif

KG215
04-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Yes, he was. And his real breakout year was 2010 when he averaged 30 PPG on great efficiency. This wasn't even his first ever MVP caliber season. He just had the great misfortune of putting up MVP-esque numbers in MVP caliber scenarios (team record good enough) at the same time LeBron, a top 10 player ever, was at his absolute peak.

KG215
04-04-2014, 04:27 PM
who had CLE as their favorites to win during lebrons time there? They were good because of him, yes. but everyone kept saying this team needed a better 2nd option if they wanted to win.

i never saw them as more of a favorite than the thunder are now.
During that stretch, from about 2007 or 2008 through 2010, I always considered the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs to be better teams and would've picked any of them in a series over LeBron's Cavs regardless of regular season records. Probably a couple of other teams each year, too, if I thought about it.

20Four
04-04-2014, 04:28 PM

Yo kinda off topic but NICE AVY mayne....VC has the best windmills hands down:

http://i.minus.com/jbeumYn5WDwiDT.jpg (http://minus.com/i/beumYn5WDwiDT)

aj1987
04-05-2014, 04:25 AM
Yo kinda off topic but NICE AVY mayne....VC has the best windmills hands down:

http://i.minus.com/jbeumYn5WDwiDT.jpg (http://minus.com/i/beumYn5WDwiDT)
Yo kinda off topic but NICE AVY mayne....20Four has the best manboobs hands down