PDA

View Full Version : Official 2014 Finals Thread: Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Connor B
04-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Because who else is it gonna be? Seriously? Give me a legitimate, non-homer argument as to why one or both of these teams won't be in the Finals.

Spurs/Clips/Houston? Can't beat OKC in a 7-game series
Everyone else in west? Irrelevant

Indiana? Give me a break.
Everyone else in east? Irrelevant

Folks, this isn't March Madness. Upsets rarely happen in the NBA playoffs. Things tend to go according to what's generally expected.

No smoke and mirrors, this will be the Finals match up and it won't surprise anyone.

Can't wait for this rematch.

Prometheus
04-04-2014, 01:28 PM
I really hope that you're right, but if you think the Spurs have no chance of beating the Thunder then you are a god damned fool.

Connor B
04-04-2014, 01:31 PM
I really hope that you're right, but if you think the Spurs have no chance of beating the Thunder then you are a god damned fool.

It could go to 6 games but no I do not think they can beat the Thunder. The match ups just don't work for them, we've seen that 4 times now over the course of the regular season.

tmacattack33
04-04-2014, 01:37 PM
Spurs and the Clippers have a pretty good chance.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-04-2014, 01:39 PM
if Kawhi is allowed to play only half the defense he was playing on lebron Spurs will roflstomp OKC

NumberSix
04-04-2014, 01:42 PM
I really don't want to watch a finals with OKC. Watching an OKC game is like passing a kidney stone.

MostHated305
04-04-2014, 01:43 PM
http://www.cruiselawnews.com/uploads/image/Micky%20Arison%20NBA%20-2.jpg

:pimp:

Solefade
04-04-2014, 01:43 PM
pls make this happen Adam Silver!

Demitri98
04-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Seriously. Who in the West can beat a (healthy) OKC team? We all saw how Slim Reaper/GOATBrook dismantled the Spurs in the 4th last night. I mean, come on.

Clippers? Not a chance. Rockets? Come on. Warriors? :lol

The way Indy is playing there's no way they beat Miami in 7. The Bulls have a better chance to make the Finals than Indy.

The Finals are a lock, anyone who thinks/says differently is a moron who doesn't know basketball.

Trollsmasher
04-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Heat in 5

Prometheus
04-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Seriously. Who in the West can beat a (healthy) OKC team? We all saw how Slim Reaper/GOATBrook dismantled the Spurs in the 4th last night. I mean, come on.

The way Indy is playing there's no way they beat Miami in 7. The Bulls have a better chance to make the Finals than Indy.

The Finals are a lock, anyone who thinks/says differently is a moron who doesn't know basketball.

:coleman:

oarabbus
04-04-2014, 01:50 PM

Memphis Grizz
Fully healthy Spurs

imdaman99
04-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Durant needs to step up and win his matchup this time around and OKC got this

LoneyROY7
04-04-2014, 01:52 PM
ISH gun' be good when the Clips are raising that trophy.

oarabbus
04-04-2014, 02:44 PM
ISH gun' be good when the Clips are raising that trophy.

:roll:

Good one Loney, you funny bro

LoneyROY7
04-04-2014, 02:52 PM
:roll:

Good one Loney, you funny bro

There's gonna be a lot of this in the NBA Finals.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/9ec73e52b0458a528dce3d042602cc55/tumblr_n0c1c2OtGu1rvekoro1_400.gif

ArbitraryWater
04-04-2014, 03:59 PM
I honestly don't want OKC as Opponent... free throw shooting contests? No thanks. Boring... Give me the Clippers please.

TMT
04-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Yup. Pending any serious injuries, this will be it. Thunder in 6.

Budadiiii
04-04-2014, 04:03 PM
I honestly don't want to like OKC as Opponent... free throw shooting contests? No thanks. Boring... Give me the Clippers please.
Even though they average 5 more free throws a game? :lol

Oh, whoops, doesn't help your agenda. Proceed, bro.

Budadiiii
04-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Thunder in 6.

Right on.

dannywpt
04-04-2014, 04:04 PM
I honestly don't want to like OKC as Opponent... free throw shooting contests? No thanks. Boring... Give me the Clippers please.

... Have you ever actually seen Blake Griffin play? He is very, very near KD in FTA per 36

CelticBaller
04-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Heat in 4

ArbitraryWater
04-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Even though they average 5 more free throws a game? :lol

Oh, whoops, doesn't help your agenda. Proceed, bro.

Who averages more FT's? Clippers 5 more than OKC? Its 4... and guess why. The Attempts dont bother me, but how they're called... No team even has "home calls" against OKC, that shit doesnt exist with them.

Budadiiii
04-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Who averages more FT's? Clippers 5 more than OKC? Its 4... and guess why. The Attempts dont bother me, but how they're called... No team even has "home calls" against OKC, that shit doesnt exist with them.
Oh, first you don't want to see free throws. (Why mention a team who is second in FTA?)

And now you don't want to see "unfair" free throws. :oldlol:

Yeah, dude. Let's just change the rules and not give OKC free throws anymore because you're butthurt that nobody can stop them. It makes perfect sense.

:oldlol:

It was perfectly fine when Durant was on the bench in the finals though right? Go back and watch the calls on Durant in the 2012 finals and please get back to me. It's ok when your boy LeBron benefits. Nice agenda bro, I love the objectivity from you. OKC is only good because the refs. The smallest market in the NBA benefits from the refs. You got it!

TMT
04-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Thunder in 6.

Right on.

:cheers: Was my prediction in 2012. Little did I know I was 2 years off.

By the way has the Finals format been officially changed to 2-2-1-1-1?

HomieWeMajor
04-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Verse 1
Kleen Shave
Lets go

imdaman99
04-04-2014, 04:19 PM

YES! OKC in 6 as well :cheers:

LoneyROY7
04-04-2014, 04:22 PM

Embarrassing. Your team has the best record in the NBA and you're already conceding the season.

Budadiiii
04-04-2014, 04:23 PM

Yes, I'm almost certain it has.

navy
04-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Embarrassing. Your team has the best record in the NBA and you're already conceding the season.
Spurs fans in a nutshell. They complain about not getting recognition, but then they dont even recognize their own team.

Like KD stans proclaiming him the best player in the world but not expecting him to win the chip. :facepalm

TMT
04-04-2014, 04:27 PM

As an analyst of the NBA, not just a fan of a team, I'm capable of making my own predictions. I'm calling it as I see it. The Thunder have always had our number and this season is no different. The Spurs can take out anyone else in the West, but a WCF matchup against them would be inevitable. You should realize that any shot that the Spurs have is more than the Clippers have right now. Just how it is. You guys are a Carmelo Anthony away from a title, which will be very much in reach this coming offseason.

LoneyROY7
04-04-2014, 04:39 PM
As an analyst of the NBA, not just a fan of a team, I'm capable of making my own predictions. I'm calling it as I see it. The Thunder have always had our number and this season is no different. The Spurs can take out anyone else in the West, but a WCF matchup against them would be inevitable. You should realize that any shot that the Spurs have is more than the Clippers have right now. Just how it is. You guys are a Carmelo Anthony away from a title, which will be very much in reach this coming offseason.

The Clippers match-up well with OKC. I look forward to facing them in the 2nd round.

The-Legend-24
04-04-2014, 05:42 PM
if Kawhi is allowed to play only half the defense he was playing on lebron Spurs will roflstomp OKC
Spurs don't even guard Bran, they leave him open on every play. :oldlol:

HoopsFanNumero1
04-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Heat in 5.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vPIgTuQM2gk/0.jpg

moe94
04-04-2014, 06:20 PM

No, you were just wrong. You're going to be wrong again, but you're predicting the 2015 finals, of course.

davehos
04-04-2014, 06:54 PM

OKC will probably have to play the Clippers in a semi-final matchup. I think that's going to be pretty tough on them. Spurs I think can more easily handle Houston or Portland.

The loss yesterday means the Spurs can't rest as much as they probably want to going into the playoffs.

The #2 seed is going to have to play through much stiffer competition and I think that may take its toll going into the WCF.

If the Spurs have home court ... I'll take them in 6. If they don't .... the semi-finals may be where they go out. It means they didn't do so well closing out the season and it will probably bleed into the playoffs.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Heat in 3:coleman:

zoom17
04-04-2014, 07:06 PM
OKC will probably have to play the Clippers in a semi-final matchup. I think that's going to be pretty tough on them. Spurs I think can more easily handle Houston or Portland.

The loss yesterday means the Spurs can't rest as much as they probably want to going into the playoffs.

The #2 seed is going to have to play through much stiffer competition and I think that may take its toll going into the WCF.

If the Spurs have home court ... I'll take them in 6. If they don't .... the semi-finals may be where they go out. It means they didn't do so well closing out the season and it will probably bleed into the playoffs.

There is a reason why there 0-4 against the thunder that's a bad match up for them. There best hope is if Clippers or some other team upset the thunder in the playoffs.