PDA

View Full Version : Honestly... if Indiana plays Toronto in the 2nd round who you got?

Railgun
04-04-2014, 09:35 PM
??

HoopsFanNumero1
04-04-2014, 09:37 PM
Raptors in 6.

Im Still Ballin
Indionto in 6 games.

Paul Derozan as MVP.

JohnFreeman
Toronto. Raptors better show up, no Demar Defrozen

moe94
lol Defrozen

coin24
04-04-2014, 09:38 PM
WTF happened to the Pacers:confusedshrug:

Craptors in 6

MMM
Said before Raps will insert Dino **** in ass. Pacers might not get by the Cats.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
Raps in 6

navy
Pacers in 7

Eric Cartman
04-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Pacers might win a game.

Raptors in 5.

Railgun
04-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Said before Raps will insert Dino **** in ass. Pacers might not get by the Cats.
I think they can beat the Cats. Not too sure about Raps though.

JohnFreeman
04-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Amir gonna go for 40/20

treadster
04-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Raptors in 6

Finger Roll
04-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Raptors. Pacers are looking all sorts of dysfunctional.

Finger Roll
04-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Ross played great tonight. His athleticism with an always growing basketball IQ can really make for some timely big plays.

JohnFreeman
04-04-2014, 10:05 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2064593/derozanMVP.gif

ABfor3
04-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Pacers chose the wrong time to start getting dysfunctional, I don't see them beating the Raptors

Fire Colangelo
04-04-2014, 11:24 PM
East is underrated. Raps been 38-20 since Gay trade, on pace for 53-54 wins, nets and bulls been picking it up since New Years as well. Wizards and cats are good teams defensively and Knicks been clicking since Phil came in (if they get in).

I love seeing young teams in the playoffs and there are a lot of them this year. They usually play the "don't give a fk/nothing to lose" styles that will put pressure on a lot of the veteran teams.

PieceOfFelt
04-04-2014, 11:25 PM
You already have over 1,000 posts on your alt? Christ.

Legends66NBA7
04-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Called it in January:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9336194&postcount=67

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9336224&postcount=72

After tonight's game, there is no doubt in my mind that Toronto vs Indiana would not only be a great series, but would go the distance.

Railgun
04-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Called it in January:

After tonight's game, there is no doubt in my mind that Toronto vs Indiana would not only be a great series, but would go the distance.
:applause:
http://giant.gfycat.com/DarlingDeficientChanticleer.gif

BurningHammer
04-05-2014, 01:15 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2064593/derozanMVP.gif
You miss the most important part.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/raptorblog/files/2013/01/722216682.gif

J Shuttlesworth
04-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Called it in January:

:eek: :applause: :applause: :applause: I hope you are the messiah :bowdown:

All Net
04-05-2014, 01:41 AM
On current form I think anybody would give them issues....

dude77
04-05-2014, 01:54 AM
lol@if pacers don't even make it to the ecf after starting off the way they did this year .. talk about epic melt down

Mrofir
04-05-2014, 02:16 AM
I came on here to post my vision and then I realized this thread existed. This thread did not influence my vision. But the Raptors will beat the Pacers in the 2nd round.

Legends66NBA7
04-05-2014, 02:17 AM
On current form I think anybody would give them issues....

No, only 3 maybe 4 teams from the East can potentially beat them, something I said a couple of months back as well, where I only got mocked at by 4 certain posters at the time. Miami, Chicago, Washington and Toronto. Miami has the best chance, obviously.

Brooklyn, Charlotte, New York/Atlanta aren't consistent enough to beat them on the road.

sportjames23
04-05-2014, 02:18 AM
Raps in 2

Dro
04-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Playoffs >>>> Regular season and I think the Raps and other teams will get this reality check come playoffs...Just how much the intensity ramps up, how much the game slows down, and how physical the game gets in the playoffs....Honest opinion Raps would probably win 1 game...

aj1987
04-05-2014, 09:49 AM
:applause:
http://giant.gfycat.com/DarlingDeficientChanticleer.gif
That's a turnover. 5 second violation.

BlackVVaves
04-05-2014, 11:26 AM

:milton

All Net
04-05-2014, 11:40 AM
No, only 3 maybe 4 teams from the East can potentially beat them, something I said a couple of months back as well, where I only got mocked at by 4 certain posters at the time. Miami, Chicago, Washington and Toronto. Miami has the best chance, obviously.

Brooklyn, Charlotte, New York/Atlanta aren't consistent enough to beat them on the road.

True but I don't think anybody saw these issues happening....

mr.big35
04-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Raptors in 6 I am joining the Raptors bandwagon

Le Shaqtus
04-05-2014, 11:54 AM
With the way Indy has been playing I take Toronto in 5.

Obviously if the Pacers return to form, I think they take it in 5 or 6, the raps aren't contenders but they definitely aren't pushovers this year.

A Roc 23
04-05-2014, 12:05 PM
I think they could beat the Pacers in the right circumstances. It's a classic case of one team playing some of their best basketball at playoff time and the other playing their worst. If the Raptors can get their defense back on track to where it was pre-All-Star break then I'd definitely pick them over the current Pacers.

Paul George has been exposed as a 2nd tier star and Roy Hibbert is crashing and burning. Their bench is under performing and their point guard is nothing special. Chemistry is also a major issue. From what I've seen Paul George has a tendency to kill the flow of games with his hero ball. When they try to play through Hibbert their not much better because of how soft he is in the paint. A good deal of the shots he takes are weak flip shots that fall short or clank off the backboard.

IF they both advance, playing through David West is probably their best weapon against the Raptors. The Raptors still struggle a bit with bullies in the paint. Although it should be noted that the Raptors best post defend Amir Johnson was out for the last game.

In the past Hibbert was a big problem for the Raptors, but he's been playing like garbage lately. Even if he turns it around Jonas Valanciunas has been playing great defense as of late. The old JV that Hibbert used to beat up a bit is gone. In the last 10 games JV is averaging 14 points and 9 rebounds on a TS% of 67% and a DEFrtg of 99.2.

Lets not forget that the Raptors were also missing Kyle Lowry last night. Lowry is by far their most important player right now. He's averaging 19 points and 8 assists since the All-Star break and is their leader in important late game shots made.

I think with Lowry and Amir playing last night would've been a blowout.

Dro
04-05-2014, 12:28 PM
I think they could beat the Pacers in the right circumstances. It's a classic case of one team playing some of their best basketball at playoff time and the other playing their worst. If the Raptors can get their defense back on track to where it was pre-All-Star break then I'd definitely pick them over the current Pacers.

Paul George has been exposed as a 2nd tier star and Roy Hibbert is crashing and burning. Their bench is under performing and their point guard is nothing special. Chemistry is also a major issue. From what I've seen Paul George has a tendency to kill the flow of games with his hero ball. When they try to play through Hibbert their not much better because of how soft he is in the paint. A good deal of the shots he takes are weak flip shots that fall short or clank off the backboard.

IF they both advance, playing through David West is probably their best weapon against the Raptors. The Raptors still struggle a bit with bullies in the paint. Although it should be noted that the Raptors best post defend Amir Johnson was out for the last game.

In the past Hibbert was a big problem for the Raptors, but he's been playing like garbage lately. Even if he turns it around Jonas Valanciunas has been playing great defense as of late. The old JV that Hibbert used to beat up a bit is gone. In the last 10 games JV is averaging 14 points and 9 rebounds on a TS% of 67% and a DEFrtg of 99.2.

Lets not forget that the Raptors were also missing Kyle Lowry last night. Lowry is by far their most important player right now. He's averaging 19 points and 8 assists since the All-Star break and is their leader in important late game shots made.

I pretty much agree with you...I hope and assume the Pacers will play through David West a lot more in the playoffs..

JohnFreeman
04-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Amir is going to channel the number 15 and dunk on Hibbert with such force, it rips up the ground beneath the Pacers and they fall into an endless abyss

missionman
04-05-2014, 12:44 PM

good post. and i definitely agree about how they Pacers should flow through West. Hope they don't figure it out though. Its been so long since i have had something to cheer about.

Rooting for the Raps, but I'm picking the Pacers because of all of my years of disappointment...

Legends66NBA7
04-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Playoffs >>>> Regular season and I think the Raps and other teams will get this reality check come playoffs...Just how much the intensity ramps up, how much the game slows down, and how physical the game gets in the playoffs....

The Raptors will be the least experienced team come playoff time, I give you that. Starting 2 sophomores and DeMar hasn't had playoff minutes either. He has said on occasion that he has done is homework on the playoffs.

As far as the rest, the Raptors are pretty intense team and physical. Just looking at the games against the Bulls and Pacers, I can assure you that lack neither of these things. They also refuse to give up, as they are the only team in the NBA to not lose by over 20+ points this year, the worst being 16 (pre-Rudy Gay trade; post Rudy Gay trade the worst loss has been 13 on 2 occasions).

The pace in each game has been pretty slow, except for 1 game on New Year's day. Also, the Raptors play at a slower pace than the Pacers themselves. This team is definitely built for playoff basketball, but as I mentioned are lacking experience. If Ross and Jonas step up like they did vs the Pacers last night, then the Raptors are going to be a tough out for anyone.

Flash31
04-05-2014, 06:02 PM
With no "Hibbert rule"
where he's allowed to smack people in the face and bring his arms down---

Tor in 5 or 6,

with Hibbert rule Tor or IND in 6.

k0kakw0rld
04-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Toronto. Raptors better show up, no Demar Defrozen
He is the best SG in the league.

16X
04-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Indi in 4.

Dro
04-05-2014, 11:34 PM
He is the best SG in the league.
3rd best...

mr.big35
04-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Raptors are peaking at the right time and pacers are going downhill

ripthekik
04-05-2014, 11:54 PM
jammeer, how u get 1000+ posts on ur alt account? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fire Colangelo
04-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Crazy how we're starting 2 sophomores in the playoffs! I can't wait to see Ross and Val's development next year. Any one of these guys could blossom into all stars.