PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe Harden is a bigger ballhog than Kobe

Derivative
04-05-2014, 12:34 AM
I don't watch much Rockets games, but today when I watched, every rockets possession is Harden demanding the ball, size up and dribble around the 3 point line for 20 seconds, then try to draw a shooting foul or pass to a another player with 2 seconds left on the clock. This is the biggest ballhog I've seen throughout the decades. At least Kobe does more with the ball instead of just holding the ball at the 3 point line.

:facepalm :facepalm No wonder other rockets players don't like playing with him

SpaceJammeR
04-05-2014, 12:39 AM
I don't watch much Rockets games, but today when I watched, every rockets possession is Harden demanding the ball, size up and dribble around the 3 point line for 20 seconds, then try to draw a shooting foul or pass to a another player with 2 seconds left on the clock. This is the biggest ballhog I've seen throughout the decades. At least Kobe does more with the ball instead of just holding the ball at the 3 point line.

i agree. it's boring and every one in his team just watches. he runs the clock too much and gets them in shot clock trouble.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-05-2014, 12:39 AM

and people blame Lin, an attacking PnR PG who is ultra unselfish and like to get everyone involved to only have 16/5/4 per 36
Harden has this franchise in a chokehold

kentatm
04-05-2014, 12:40 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/f57w9t.jpg

Smook A.
04-05-2014, 12:43 AM
He still got 7 assists

Smook A.
04-05-2014, 12:44 AM

Where the hell did you get that from?

04-05-2014, 12:46 AM
He still got 7 assists

With the amount of time he has the ball in his hands it should be 15 assists if he didn't hog that ball so much.

Railgun
04-05-2014, 12:46 AM
It's more of Mchale's fault than Harden's. He has no gameplan down the stretch, but at least he puts the ball in the hands of his best player. Harden made some really crucial passes off his driving to help close out the game tonight too.

Derivative
04-05-2014, 12:48 AM
He still got 7 assists

not hard when u hold the ball 90% of the time

Smook A.
04-05-2014, 12:50 AM
With the amount of time he has the ball in his hands it should be 15 assists if he didn't hog that ball so much.
Who would he go to? Lin can't drive for crap and whenever he does it almost always ends up becoming a turnover. Jones can't create his own bucket. Asik sucks on offense. Parsons is the only one who could create his shot besides Harden and he was off tonight.

SpecialQue
04-05-2014, 12:51 AM
They won the game.

Stay mad, jackass.

UK2K
04-05-2014, 01:09 AM
He is averaging 7 assists per game over his last 8 (28,7,5)
He has 44 games where hes tallied 5 assists or more and 49 games over 20 points.

Cry all you want but the dude is a beast.

AnaheimLakers24
04-05-2014, 01:12 AM
he wont be found come playoffs

ABfor3
04-05-2014, 01:13 AM
They won the game.

Stay mad, jackass.
:applause:

All Net
04-05-2014, 01:13 AM

Only fools use this logic.

What kind of idiot makes such a thread when he leads his team and wins the game while scoring 39?

Marlo_Stanfield
04-05-2014, 01:15 AM
Who would he go to? Lin can't drive for crap and whenever he does it almost always ends up becoming a turnover. Jones can't create his own bucket. Asik sucks on offense. Parsons is the only one who could create his shot besides Harden and he was off tonight.
Parsons is straight ass. dude has ZERO skill.
he should NEVER handle the ball. set some high picks for Lin and MOVE god damn it. the retarded Rockets players never move when he penetrates and NEVER make cuts. just waiting till he passes it out for them to selfishly chuck shots.
truly disgusting team

FlashDwyaneWade3
04-05-2014, 01:20 AM

You forgot about Allen Iverson and Gilbert Arenas. They're both bigger ball hogs than Kobe.

Jacks3
04-05-2014, 02:03 AM
Nobody tops Cleveland LeBron. The most ball-dominant player in history.

Artillery
04-05-2014, 02:09 AM
Harden's usage this year is 27.7%. Considerably lower than Kobe's 32% last year. Not to mention, Harden works well with Dwight and actually considers him a valuable teammate while Kobe ostracized Dwight to the point of leaving LA.

Remember Wrotenbe this season? The version of Kobe averaging 13 ppg - still had a higher usage than Harden despite being one of the worst players to suit up for LA this year.

Jacks3
04-05-2014, 02:13 AM
Dwight with Bryant--10.7 FGA per game
Dwight with Harden--11.4 FGA per game

Oh yeah. Harden clearly values him A LOT more than Bryant.

Just look at how much more involved he is.

:bowdown:

Smook A.
04-05-2014, 02:15 AM
Harden's usage this year is 27.7%. Considerably lower than Kobe's 32% last year. Not to mention, Harden works well with Dwight and actually considers him a valuable teammate while Kobe ostracized Dwight to the point of leaving LA.

Remember Wrotenbe this season? The version of Kobe averaging 13 ppg - still had a higher usage than Harden despite being one of the worst players to suit up for LA this season.
Well actually its 26.6 not 27.7

But anyway speaking of usage rate... 14 nba players have a higher usage than him. Guys like Stephen Curry, Al Jefferson, Blake Griffin, DMC, KD, Bron, Love, Melo, Westbrook, etc etc.

Russell Westbrook has the highest usage rate in the NBA. His is 33.1 which is 2 more than durant.

Smook A.
04-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Dwight with Bryant--10.7 FGA per game
Dwight with Harden--11.4 FGA per game

Oh yeah. Harden clearly values him A LOT more than Bryant.

Just look at how much more involved he is.

:bowdown:
Last year his usage rate was 22. That's his lowest since 2007.

This year its 24. That's his average when he was in Orlando

ronnymac
04-05-2014, 02:31 AM
and people blame Lin, an attacking PnR PG who is ultra unselfish and like to get everyone involved to only have 16/5/4 per 36
Harden has this franchise in a chokehold

Lin is 16 of 53 shots as a starter and is a terrible decision maker. He runs around, dribble, dribble then jumps in the air and gets stock which results in a turnover.. the guy stinks period. He cant shoot to save his life. Even little rookie cannan looks better which is saying something. Harden is pretty much carrying this team to the 4th seed by himself, but yeah, he has a great chokehold for sure. Most teams would love to have a guy of his calibare and clutch genes.

BTW, how good was lins defense on Jackson and Fisher? lol

ronnymac
04-05-2014, 02:33 AM
Parsons is straight ass. dude has ZERO skill.
he should NEVER handle the ball. set some high picks for Lin and MOVE god damn it. the retarded Rockets players never move when he penetrates and NEVER make cuts. just waiting till he passes it out for them to selfishly chuck shots.
truly disgusting team
You fuking lin dick rider. you like to bash everyone to propup this scrub to make you'rself feel better. What a fuking idiot.The OP is RG who was a famous yao dick rider who used to bash tmac to propup yao and now it's hardens turn to propup lin.

zoom17
04-05-2014, 02:37 AM
Nobody tops Cleveland LeBron. The most ball-dominant player in history.

KOBE

Lebron23
04-05-2014, 02:38 AM
He's a good playmaker. and Harden > Westbrook this season.

TMac&Luther
04-05-2014, 02:59 AM
The OP does realize that Houston's starting PG and all star center who's the second option/player who demands the 2nd most touches is out right?.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

:facepalm Yeah.. such a "ball hog" (not a compound word jackass)... he's only the only player left on their roster who can create any offense for himself outside of Parsons who got plenty of touches. Not only that both him and Parsons are better creators and passers than Lin so why not initiate the offense through their hands? The OP is straight up retarded with this criticism. It's the definition of REACHING. :oldlol:

TMac&Luther
04-05-2014, 03:00 AM

quotes of players saying that.. or just STFU.

Genaro
04-05-2014, 03:09 AM
Kobe isn't a ballhogger, he just doesn't trust in non relieble players.
When he has a force inside such as Shaq or Gasol, or a good shooter he will make sure they get the ball.

Artillery
04-05-2014, 04:52 AM
Kobe isn't a ballhogger, he just doesn't trust in non relieble players.
When he has a force inside such as Shaq or Gasol, or a good shooter he will make sure they get the ball.

2004 Finals says otherwise. Replace Kobe with 2005 Ginobili and the Lakers win the title that year over the Pistons. Kobe didn't want Shaq getting his 4th Finals MVP and chucked like crazy instead of playing smart, team basketball.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-05-2014, 09:26 AM
harden is the biggest ballstopper in league history.
dont give me that usage shit.watch the damn games.
biggest cancer and ballhogging artist ever

cos88
04-05-2014, 10:02 AM
http://www.ultraimg.com/images/2xqp.gif

ralph_i_el
04-05-2014, 01:51 PM
harden has never had a usg% above 30 for a season. Kobe has 13 seasons about 30% usage, including 38.7% usage in 05-6

that's percentage of your teams shots you take when you're on the floor

ralph_i_el
04-05-2014, 01:54 PM

yeah don't give him that cold hard facts BULLSHIT! GM's have proven time and time again that analytics are a scam

ThePhantomCreep
04-05-2014, 04:40 PM
2004 Finals says otherwise. Replace Kobe with 2005 Ginobili and the Lakers win the title that year over the Pistons. Kobe didn't want Shaq getting his 4th Finals MVP and chucked like crazy instead of playing smart, team basketball.
Nonsense. Kobe shot attempts went up by two compared to the first three rounds, and that had more to do with losing Malone to injury than any Finals MVP delusions. Kobe had similar FGAs against in the Spurs. Shaq's shot attempts rose at a higher clip in the Finals.

Kobe shoots a lot, but he's never been as ridiculously ball-dominant as guys like Harden/Wade/CP3.

Derivative
04-21-2014, 02:32 AM
relevant bump

Marlo_Stanfield
04-21-2014, 02:51 AM
OP is a prophet, just like me

Akrazotile
04-21-2014, 02:57 AM
Harden is hard to watch. Unlikeable game, unlikeable player.

oarabbus
04-21-2014, 03:09 AM
The OP does realize that Houston's starting PG and all star center who's the second option/player who demands the 2nd most touches is out right?.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

:facepalm Yeah.. such a "ball hog" (not a compound word jackass)... he's only the only player left on their roster who can create any offense for himself outside of Parsons who got plenty of touches. Not only that both him and Parsons are better creators and passers than Lin so why not initiate the offense through their hands? The OP is straight up retarded with this criticism. It's the definition of REACHING. :oldlol:

:roll: :roll:

what an idiot
Lin da clutchest on the entire Rockets team... followed closely by Dwight

kennethgriffin
04-21-2014, 03:21 AM
kobes a legend though. he can do whatever he wants and win. harden cant.. so play safe

kobe = astar the robot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km4f-eRE4Kc