PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody noticed OKC players grabbing the arms and holding opposing players?

bmd
04-05-2014, 01:33 AM
I noticed it several times tonight during the OKC / Houston game. OKC players would grab and hold the arms of Houston players to delay the weakside helper getting to the ball to contest a shot and they would grab and hold their arms when going for a rebound to prevent them from grabbing the board.

It was only called once when Butler grabbed and held Asik near the end of the game.

This also reminded me of last year's playoffs when Perkins held Chandler Parson's arm to prevent him from closing out on the eventual game-winning 3-pointer:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2529673/perkinsgrab.gif

It seems like this tactic is something that OKC players are told to do... either by coaches or by other players on the team.

It's dirty.

Has anybody else noticed this? If not, watch for it when your team plays OKC or the next time you watch them play.

GOATbrookisGAWD
04-05-2014, 01:34 AM
Dat Perkins influence :pimp:

Smook A.
04-05-2014, 01:36 AM
If perk wasn't holding Parsons we actually coulda won that game. Parsons could have defended that shot and it would've missed. Bummer

That Kendrick Perkins effect.

BurningHammer
04-05-2014, 01:37 AM
It runs in family.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DRuTApsrNIQ/T4QvCUHgb_I/AAAAAAAACSg/hGseQZ-nI9U/s1600/Dunleavy+Slaps+Ibaka.gif

bmd
04-05-2014, 01:38 AM
If perk wasn't holding Parsons we actually coulda won that game. Parsons could have defended that shot and it would've missed. Bummer

That Kendrick Perkins effect.It's possible. It's also possible he would have made the 3 anyway.

But if the foul was called, then the 3 would never have counted, and Houston would have won.

But anyway, that's in the past. I was just using that as an example.

JimmyMcAdocious
04-05-2014, 01:39 AM
The karate chop never gets old. :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
04-05-2014, 01:41 AM
Just adding to the pancake stacks

GOATbrookisGAWD
04-05-2014, 01:44 AM
Just adding to the pancake stacks
I like pancakes :rockon:

Thunderfan86
04-05-2014, 01:46 AM
Okay so it's part of our strategy to grab and hold the opponents arms? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure this goes on in every single NBA game. It's not just something OKC does.

bmd
04-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Okay so it's part of our strategy to grab and hold the opponents arms? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure this goes on in every single NBA game. It's not just something OKC does.No, I've noticed it a lot more with OKC than any other team. And egregiously, too. Like literally grabbing their arms with two hands like Perkins.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-05-2014, 01:48 AM
The karate chop never gets old. :oldlol:
:lol

apesta
04-05-2014, 01:52 AM
Perkins did that to Duncan as well last game. Duncan had to push him off. Perkins was holding him even after the whistle lol

Thunderfan86
04-05-2014, 01:59 AM
No, I've noticed it a lot more with OKC than any other team. And egregiously, too. Like literally grabbing their arms with two hands like Perkins.
You know what I've noticed? James Harden flops just about every time he touches the ball.

You know who else flops a lot? Chris Paul and his butt buddy Blake Griffin.

Oh, and Lebron James is one of the worst and he doesn't get nearly as many free throws as that flopping clown Durant. I can do this all day....just like I can point out players who do other things to get every advantage they can to win.

Artillery
04-05-2014, 01:59 AM
Perkins did that to Duncan as well last game. Duncan had to push him off. Perkins was holding him even after the whistle lol

And they gave Duncan a technical for that too. Hilarious how much the refs let OKC get away with.

BasedTom
04-05-2014, 02:02 AM
They're a small market, so it fits into the media narrative of "hardworking blue-collar effort" when it really just amounts to certain players like Perkins playing like dirty ******s. (to compensate for a decline in his game. or just a lack of skill)

GOATbrookisGAWD
04-05-2014, 03:14 AM
No, I've noticed it a lot more with OKC than any other team. And egregiously, too. Like literally grabbing their arms with two hands like Perkins.
Da **** you some kind of scholar or something nikka? :biggums:

toxicxr6
04-05-2014, 03:19 AM
This was happening to Duncan and Parker on most possessions in the game the other day.. And the only one they called ended up with a tech on Duncan.. Load of crap:biggums:

dabigbaws
04-05-2014, 08:37 AM
It happened once today.

Trollsmasher
04-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Yeah, they do it multiple times on every possession. Simply a dirty and bitchmade team.

JohnFreeman
04-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Shame that Seattle loses a team and we get rewarded with this terrible basketball.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-05-2014, 09:07 AM
i noticed they do this on defense once someone on the weakside gets the ball they just swarm him hack him and hold his arms and never get called for it.
also on the boards too.
happens when you have the most ref protected superstar in the league on your team.
that being said, a Houston fan is not in the position to talk smack since you have the biggest flopping POS in NBA history Harden and another top 5 flopper in Parsons on your team:facepalm :facepalm

Artillery
04-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Shame that Seattle loses a team and we get rewarded with this terrible basketball.

The saddest thing is that they moved the team from an awesome city like Seattle to a shithole in Oklahoma.

JohnFreeman
04-05-2014, 09:56 AM
The saddest thing is that they moved the team from an awesome city like Seattle to a shithole in Oklahoma.
Yep, such a shame.

Clyde
04-05-2014, 09:58 AM
What a ridiculous thread.

dunksby
04-05-2014, 10:30 AM
I like it, so tough and old school you know you are a ***** when you are afraid of physical play.

bmd
04-05-2014, 10:54 AM
I like it, so tough and old school you know you are a ***** when you are afraid of physical play.That's not tough and old school. It's cheap.

I love physical play. Which is why I hate when I see OKC's players grab the arms and pull players when they are getting out-physicaled.

Just one example yesterday, Asik was boxing out Steven Adams. Steven Adams was getting out-physicaled, so he grabs Asik's arm and pulls him away from the basket, and another OKC player got the offensive rebound when Asik would have probably gotten it.

brantonli
04-05-2014, 11:02 AM

I'm pretty sure this goes on in every single NBA game. It's not just something OKC does.

I dunno, I think more veteran teams do this. Here is an example of LeBron setting a 'screen' on Jeremy Lin. It's not even a screen, LeBron is basically holding onto Jeremy to prevent him from stopping the Allen back-cut.

http://i.imgur.com/auTzKRP.jpg?1

Artillery
04-05-2014, 11:49 AM
I like it, so tough and old school you know you are a ***** when you are afraid of physical play.

The problem is that the refs only allow OKC to play physical defense. Breath on an OKC player and it's a trip to the line. The officiating when it comes to OKC is ridiculously one-sided.

tpols
04-05-2014, 11:57 AM

If this was done to Durant it'd be a flagrant 2 on everybody within a 10 foot radius

funnystuff
04-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Its no secret that the Thunder know the refs give them the benefit of the doubt.

JohnFreeman
04-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I hope the refs turn on them in the playoffs

Fudge
04-05-2014, 12:03 PM
The best team in the league always gets away with it.

So you either man the fcuk up, watch, and not make it a big issue in your life, or you stop watching the nba altogether.

Finna need some Perk in your life, brodie. Toughen you up some.

JohnFreeman
04-05-2014, 12:05 PM

So you either man the fcuk up, watch, and not make it a big issue in your life, or you stop watching the nba altogether.

Or they change it for the majority of people who want too watch fair NBA.

Fudge
04-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Or they change it for the majority of people who want too watch fair NBA.
Dude, you're a LeBron stan. There's never "fair NBA" for you guys.

:biggums:

What's this gonna change?

aj1987
04-05-2014, 12:17 PM
LOL! Durant stans and Rockets fans fighting about officiating? A playoff series between these two teams would destroy ISH. Battle of the FT's.

WWRWestbrookDo?
04-05-2014, 01:42 PM
I noticed it several times tonight during the OKC / Houston game. OKC players would grab and hold the arms of Houston players to delay the weakside helper getting to the ball to contest a shot and they would grab and hold their arms when going for a rebound to prevent them from grabbing the board.

It was only called once when Butler grabbed and held Asik near the end of the game.

This also reminded me of last year's playoffs when Perkins held Chandler Parson's arm to prevent him from closing out on the eventual game-winning 3-pointer:

It seems like this tactic is something that OKC players are told to do... either by coaches or by other players on the team.

It's dirty.

Has anybody else noticed this? If not, watch for it when your team plays OKC or the next time you watch them play.

Everyone seen the Perkins one already. And I've seen Ibaka do it a couple times. Ibaka tends to slap hands with whoever he's trying to box out.

Not really a big deal. Ref's can call it if they want.

wakencdukest
04-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Perkins has been doing this shit since he was a Celtic, learned it from KG. He's too damn slow to move his feet so he has to hold people and set moving screens. How he get's away with it is the real mystery, f*cking shitbag.

ninephive
04-05-2014, 03:15 PM
And they gave Duncan a technical for that too. Hilarious how much the refs let OKC get away with.
Even Scott Brooks in his 3Q interview said the reason they are playing better is because they got more "active with their hands." Spurs fans were like, "yah that's true."

ninephive
04-05-2014, 03:17 PM

The Spurs ARE the best team in the NBA, yet the Thunder are the ones getting away with it.

no pun intended
04-05-2014, 03:25 PM
nah but i have noticed harden's head whiplashing whenever he shoots

LONGTIME
04-05-2014, 03:26 PM
The Spurs ARE the best team in the NBA, yet the Thunder are the ones getting away with it.

:whatever:

Fudge
04-05-2014, 03:27 PM
The Spurs ARE the best team in the NBA
Meh, not really.