PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait till CP3 is exposed this year.

Connor B
04-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Stacked team including himself who is "the best PG in the league" according to most, a top 5 coach, a top 5 PF, deep ass bench, possible 6th man of the year...

And yet he once again probably won't make it past the second round.

And we can talk about how the west is stacked but this dude has been compared to the GOAT PGs of all time...certainly that with an great supporting cast is enough to propel him past anyone, right?

Right?

Its gonna be awkward for CP3 stans here in a few months. He will be exposed as a guy who doesn't step up in the playoffs, has an overrated impact, and will never be an MVP or an all-time great.

JohnFreeman
04-05-2014, 06:53 AM
There are CP3 stans?

The-Legend-24
04-05-2014, 06:58 AM
In for a potential classic.

All Net
04-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Yeah losing to a team who is favoured to make the finals would mean he is exposed

idiot.

Clippers aren't favoured over OKC or Spurs in a series they have to PROVE IT...I can see them beating both but they aren't favoured to...get that through your head.

Magic731
04-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Yeah losing to a team who is favoured to make the finals would mean he is exposed

idiot.

Clippers aren't favoured over OKC or Spurs in a series they have to PROVE IT...I can see them beating both but they aren't favoured to...get that through your head.
So much emphasis seems to be placed on whether a team is favoured to win or not... Bottom line if CP3 is to be remembered as a truly great player and have his name along side the all time great point guards, he needs to win. If his team isn't 'favoured' to win, that's on him also. He is in a perfect situation. As OP said, top 5 coach, top 5 PF, deep bench, potential 6th man of the year. You can't ask for much more. If you NEED more, then you don't belong with the other top tier point guards. Chris Paul needs to win and he needs to win now. There are no excuses.

Connor B
04-05-2014, 07:36 AM

idiot.

So do you think CP3 would agree that he shouldn't be expected to win because they aren't favored?

You can't have it both ways. You can't talk about amongst the great PGs ever (like his fans/stans do) and then say well they aren't favored.

Connor B
04-05-2014, 07:38 AM
So much emphasis seems to be placed on whether a team is favoured to win or not... Bottom line if CP3 is to be remembered as a truly great player and have his name along side the all time great point guards, he needs to win. If his team isn't 'favoured' to win, that's on him also. He is in a perfect situation. As OP said, top 5 coach, top 5 PF, deep bench, potential 6th man of the year. You can't ask for much more. If you NEED more, then you don't belong with the other top tier point guards. Chris Paul needs to win and he needs to win now. There are no excuses.

This exactly, very well said. And trust me, you can go find threads or articles, he IS compared to Magic, etc.

All Net
04-05-2014, 07:45 AM
So do you think CP3 would agree that he shouldn't be expected to win because they aren't favored?

You can't have it both ways. You can't talk about amongst the great PGs ever (like his fans/stans do) and then say well they aren't favored.

Where are these people you say? who props him up? who are these stans? he is considered a top 5 player because there aren't better PLAYERS...

Does Paul need to start producing and getting deep in the playoffs? yes and this is the first time he has had the roster where he CAN win the west. Blake getting hurt killed any chance of that last year.

He has a top 3 coach now and an improved bench as well...so yes he needs to start showing why but he has failed before yes and yes it does need to change.

Connor B
04-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Where are these people you say? who props him up? who are these stans? he is considered a top 5 player because there aren't better PLAYERS...

Does Paul need to start producing and getting deep in the playoffs? yes and this is the first time he has had the roster where he CAN win the west. Blake getting hurt killed any chance of that last year.

He has a top 3 coach now and an improved bench as well...so yes he needs to start showing why but he has failed before yes and yes it does need to change.

Okay so you agree. I believe if he doesn't make it to the WCF at least it is a huge scar on his career.

All Net
04-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Okay so you agree. I believe if he doesn't make it to the WCF at least it is a huge scar on his career.

He has the roster to do it yes but would it be a disgrace if they lose to the likely MVP in the 2nd round? no.

Connor B
04-05-2014, 07:53 AM
He has the roster to do it yes but would it be a disgrace if they lose to the likely MVP in the 2nd round? no.

It isn't a disgrace but it is not good for his legacy.

AnaheimLakers24
04-05-2014, 07:55 AM
cp3 is a loser. midgets dont win titles

AnaheimLakers24
04-05-2014, 07:56 AM

those excuses :bowdown:

All Net
04-05-2014, 07:57 AM
It isn't a disgrace but it is not good for his legacy.

Nobody is saying Paul is a top 20 player of all time. He's just the current best PG in this era. Is that saying much? not when it comes to all-time no.

Kblaze8855
04-05-2014, 08:11 AM

You very easily can....its called telling the truth. Hes among the best points ever. His team is not favored.

Facts are what they are. You thinking they should win or he should be called out doesn't mean they are actually better than the teams ahead of them.

It means you are looking for an angle from which to hate.

mr.big35
04-05-2014, 08:14 AM

idiot.

then what is the point of playing if you think losing is okay and it will not dent his career. so you are okay with chris paul losing in second round because they are not favored some logic.

joeyjoejoe
04-05-2014, 08:19 AM
U gay bro haha no offenses anyway down to business clips are only favoured to make second round so if they make wcf does that make cp3 top ten alltime and if he doesn't bottom ten

Haks
04-05-2014, 08:20 AM
First round exit again for 'point god'. Watch Curry completely outplay him

Kblaze8855
04-05-2014, 08:22 AM
then what is the point of playing if you think losing is okay and it will not dent his career. so you are okay with chris paul losing in second round because they are not favored some logic.

You ask someone why they wouldn't hate on someone for losing when they shouldn't win and end with "some logic"?

Darius
04-05-2014, 11:03 AM
The funny thing is cp3 doesn't even have Stans on this board - only agenda-driven haters.

Considering this entire board is probably 99% below 6'2" with sub 30" verts you'd think there would be some appreciation for a guy who is top 10 in the league without any of the physical gifts the other players enjoy.

demons2005
04-05-2014, 11:13 AM
All this talk of "haters" and "hating" is so stupid. for whatever reason on this board if you don't worship at the altar of CP3 you are considered a hater. It is wrong to point out his many flaws and lack of success. It's like it's un-PC to not praise him whenever his name comes up. Meanwhile if someone mention Durant and Rose, people line up to trash them with no repercussion

Purch
04-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Youre talking about a guy, who was proped up to being on the level of a Magic Johnson. I remember people saying that he was better than Payton,Nash, Kidd, Stockton, Isiah and all these other point guards. The way people talked about him, he would have had to have a Lebron James level impact to warrant that praise. Except now we see that's not true, because if he had a Lbj impact, the clippers would actually be favored with the talent on their roster and their coaching.

People propped Cp3 up to goldly levels, cause to be honest he was the "stat obsessed" fans dream.

AnaheimLakers24
04-05-2014, 11:50 AM
career loser

HOoopCityJones
04-05-2014, 11:57 AM
I'm not gonna pretend he isn't the Top PG, the one who everyone in this league wants running the point.

BUT, he literally has no more excuses to fall back on. Has a highly capable coach, Blake's playing at an MVP level, deep bench, sixth man, knockdown shooters, and I'm sure Danny Granger is around there somewhere.

I don't think he's the overrated PG of the league anymore, that title has been taken by Steph Curry, who's no doubt a good player, but with all of the hype his Team had pre-season as a Top 3 or 4 contender, they've been pretty hit or miss. His Team is also better than anything Paul's had on the Hornets.

Kblaze8855
04-05-2014, 12:15 PM
All this talk of "haters" and "hating" is so stupid. for whatever reason on this board if you don't worship at the altar of CP3 you are considered a hater.

For whatever reason? You have been making idiotic anti Chris Paul topics on a regular basis for like 8 years. You were on here claiming Marcus Williams(now in Puerto Rico I believe) was better than him in like 2007. Claiming you would take Nick Vanexel because he played defense(....) when Paul was at the top of his game in like 2008.

You are the reason the word "hater" exists. The kind of person who hates on someone no matter the issue....at every chance....with no objectivity or willingness to look at both sides of an issue.

You are about as much a "hater" as anyone here has ever been.

Darius
04-05-2014, 01:47 PM
For whatever reason? You have been making idiotic anti Chris Paul topics on a regular basis for like 8 years. You were on here claiming Marcus Williams(now in Puerto Rico I believe) was better than him in like 2007. Claiming you would take Nick Vanexel because he played defense(....) when Paul was at the top of his game in like 2008.

You are the reason the word "hater" exists. The kind of person who hates on someone no matter the issue....at every chance....with no objectivity to willingness to look at both sides of an issue.

You are about as much a "hater" as anyone here has ever been.

Honestly this.

At least all the Kobe/LBJ stans have a reason (however stupid) for their negativity. They are supporters of the team that those players are on.

The only thing Demons2005 has ever done is make threads to bash CP3. Without ever once indicating who/what he does like.

This dude has to be Marvin Williams's-alt.

GoSpursGo1984
04-05-2014, 11:02 PM
You very easily can....its called telling the truth. Hes among the best points ever. His team is not favored.

Facts are what they are. You thinking they should win or he should be called out doesn't mean they are actually better than the teams ahead of them.

It means you are looking for an angle from which to hate.

Paul has not done enough to be an all time pg get out of here he has not even done enough to be a Hall of Famer.

Droid101
04-05-2014, 11:27 PM
All this talk of "haters" and "hating" is so stupid. for whatever reason on this board if you don't worship at the altar of CP3 you are considered a hater. It is wrong to point out his many flaws and lack of success. It's like it's un-PC to not praise him whenever his name comes up. Meanwhile if someone mention Durant and Rose, people line up to trash them with no repercussion
Garbage poster.

All Net
04-06-2014, 01:14 AM
I think Blaze has said everything that needs to be said about these hating CP comments.

Heavincent
04-06-2014, 01:25 AM
I'm no CP3 hater, but Steph Curry is the best PG in the league right now.

Sarcastic
04-06-2014, 02:06 AM
Shouldn't Blake have some of the pressure for the playoffs? Not only is he in MVP talks this year, but he's consistently been a no show in playoffs and been plunked by Z-Bo.

NustABut
04-06-2014, 02:12 AM
This exactly, very well said. And trust me, you can go find threads or articles, he IS compared to Magic, etc.

I offer no input on this thread except for this...

Imagine if CP was 6'8....

Or even 6'6 for that matter :eek:

qrich
04-06-2014, 05:15 AM
I'm no CP3 hater, but Steph Curry is the best PG in the league right now.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kblaze8855
04-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Paul has not done enough to be an all time pg get out of here he has not even done enough to be a Hall of Famer.

All this means is you dont know shit about who is already in the hall fo fame.

Paul is only 28 and already a 7 time all star and I believe 3 time all NBA first teamer and a few second not to mention being a 2 time gold medalist and college first team all american. There are hall of fame points who never even made an all star game and were never even their teams second best player.

There are guys like Dave Bing who played like 13 years and made as many ASG as paul, with less all NBA teams, won less regular season and playoffs, and didnt do any more in college. Adrian Dantley was all NBA second team twice and made less all star games than Paul and didnt do anything while leading his teams.

Pistol Petes greatest accomplishment is playing for his father in college who let him take 39 shots a night to score 44 and not even make the NCAA tournament once his entire college career....and he didnt win in the NIT either. He was I believe a 5 time all star and made all nba first team 2 times while never winning anything till he was a role player in his last season playing on the Celtics with Bird.

Alex English is in the HOf for point totals. Though the Nuggets did beat 2 41 win teams to make the WCF once.

KC Jones pretty much just played with Bill Russell in college, the olympics, and the pros so he got to win while never being a top player. He was a defensive role player who put up I believe 7/3 for his career.

Calvin Murphy is a one time all star, never made an all nba team, and in college was an all american twice(Paul once) after he scored like 37-38 a game on 30 something shots only going to the tournament and losing in the second round. Paul I believe made the sweet 16.

Go look at Chris Mullins career and let me know how much more he accomplished than Paul.....

Paul has had a HOF career already. And hes adding to it. There are HOF points hes already passed on the all time assist list and hes in the middle of his career. Hes led the league in assists 3 times and has led the NBA in steals 6 times and 4 years in a row....

There are hall of famers who have won 50 games less times in completed careers. Won less in the playoffs. Made less ASG, all NBA teams, had worse numbers and didnt even win more in college or win internationally.

Chris Paul has had a HOF career already....and he might play another 10 years.

All of which ignores the main reason hes an all time great PG...being better at basketball than almost everyone to ever play the position.

There are 2 points you could say are...without question...just better than Paul. Magic and Oscar. Who are just...not normal. Mutants aside you run into people who really are hard to put over paul if you want to get into basketball skills. Id still put Isiah over him. And I wouldnt argue with Stockton. Several guys wouldnt bug me to be ranked over him. But every one of them are in the HOF already or going.

Which anyone being honest with themselves should see Paul will be doing as well.

All Net
04-06-2014, 10:29 AM
As they say in that 70's show

BURN!

:applause:

Carbine
04-06-2014, 10:39 AM

idiot.

Let's not act like the Clips are some severe underdog. They're not a 8th seed going against a 1st seed.

Clippers are RIGHT THERE with OKC and the Spurs. Some people will pick them to get out of the west.

You're not immune to being exposed (whatever that means) when you play teams on your same general level. If anything, Paul can really help push his team forward if he plays well because the difference in teams is so small or vice versa.

Heavincent
04-06-2014, 10:46 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Meh, dumb Clippers homer.

DMAVS41
04-06-2014, 11:00 AM
It all depends on who is rating Paul and where you are placing him.

He's without a doubt one of he best pg's ever.

However, you can only answer this stuff in relation to where he's placed. Like if someone were to say CP3 was as good prime Wade or something...then he'd be pretty over-rated in my opinion.

And Paul losing this year and never having much playoff success should matter. Because if you put prime Wade on the current Clippers...they'd actually be favorites in the West and perhaps to win it all...

While Paul will be an underdog against the Spurs and Thunder.

Stuff like that...it's all about where you are putting him.

Side point, Jason Kidd seems under-rated here.

All Net
04-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Let's not act like the Clips are some severe underdog. They're not a 8th seed going against a 1st seed.

Clippers are RIGHT THERE with OKC and the Spurs. Some people will pick them to get out of the west.

You're not immune to being exposed (whatever that means) when you play teams on your same general level. If anything, Paul can really help push his team forward if he plays well because the difference in teams is so small or vice versa.

Yeah I agree I don't think it's

OKC,Spurs and then Clippers. They are all on the same tier to me and there are no upsets really if any of these 3 made the finals or beat each other.

GoSpursGo1984
04-06-2014, 01:31 PM
All this means is you dont know shit about who is already in the hall fo fame.

Paul is only 28 and already a 7 time all star and I believe 3 time all NBA first teamer and a few second not to mention being a 2 time gold medalist and college first team all american. There are hall of fame points who never even made an all star game and were never even their teams second best player.

There are guys like Dave Bing who played like 13 years and made as many ASG as paul, with less all NBA teams, won less regular season and playoffs, and didnt do any more in college. Adrian Dantley was all NBA second team twice and made less all star games than Paul and didnt do anything while leading his teams.

Pistol Petes greatest accomplishment is playing for his father in college who let him take 39 shots a night to score 44 and not even make the NCAA tournament once his entire college career....and he didnt win in the NIT either. He was I believe a 5 time all star and made all nba first team 2 times while never winning anything till he was a role player in his last season playing on the Celtics with Bird.

Alex English is in the HOf for point totals. Though the Nuggets did beat 2 41 win teams to make the WCF once.

KC Jones pretty much just played with Bill Russell in college, the olympics, and the pros so he got to win while never being a top player. He was a defensive role player who put up I believe 7/3 for his career.

Calvin Murphy is a one time all star, never made an all nba team, and in college was an all american twice(Paul once) after he scored like 37-38 a game on 30 something shots only going to the tournament and losing in the second round. Paul I believe made the sweet 16.

Go look at Chris Mullins career and let me know how much more he accomplished than Paul.....

Paul has had a HOF career already. And hes adding to it. There are HOF points hes already passed on the all time assist list and hes in the middle of his career. Hes led the league in assists 3 times and has led the NBA in steals 6 times and 4 years in a row....

There are hall of famers who have won 50 games less times in completed careers. Won less in the playoffs. Made less ASG, all NBA teams, had worse numbers and didnt even win more in college or win internationally.

Chris Paul has had a HOF career already....and he might play another 10 years.

All of which ignores the main reason hes an all time great PG...being better at basketball than almost everyone to ever play the position.

There are 2 points you could say are...without question...just better than Paul. Magic and Oscar. Who are just...not normal. Mutants aside you run into people who really are hard to put over paul if you want to get into basketball skills. Id still put Isiah over him. And I wouldnt argue with Stockton. Several guys wouldnt bug me to be ranked over him. But every one of them are in the HOF already or going.

Which anyone being honest with themselves should see Paul will be doing as well.

So if we put Paul in do we also have to put in Tim Hardway or Kevin Johnson. What about Russel Westbrook he is young but he already has been to the Finals and has 3 All NBA Second team. So if you are a point guard all you have to do to make it is put up big stats during season and do pretty much nothing in the postseason?

navy
04-06-2014, 01:36 PM
So if we put Paul in do we also have to put in Tim Hardway or Kevin Johnson. What about Russel Westbrook he is young but he already has been to the Finals and has 3 All NBA Second team. So if you are a point guard all you have to do to make it is put up big stats during season and do pretty much nothing in the postseason?
Russel Westbrook has Kevin Durant. Did you see OKC's record without him?

Chris Paul has never had that kind of talent. Blake Griffin dint even make the jump until this year and he still isnt on Durant's level.

Chris Paul will go down as great nomatter what. He needs rings to cement his legacy, but either way he will be great. :confusedshrug:

iznogood
04-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Does Tyson Chandler makes it into the HoF? He has a ring, olympic gold and DPOY. I never thought much of him as a player though, but I wanted to hear what other think.

navy
04-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Does Tyson Chandler makes it into the HoF? He has a ring, olympic gold and DPOY. I never thought much of him as a player though, but I wanted to hear what other think.
I want to say no, but the HOF is weak as ****.

Kblaze8855
04-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Barring injury yes Westbrook is going to the Hall of Fame. and injuries are the only reason Timmy and Johnson aren't in already. and both of them likely will be given time.

And point guards must do what all positions must do.

just be great. Greatness does not always result in a lot of playoff success.

but fact is Paul has already had more of that than some people already in the hall.

it's really just an issue of people thinking a lot of legends did more than they really did.

DuMa
05-06-2014, 12:34 AM
:biggums:

Combat Wombat
05-06-2014, 12:36 AM
:roll:

The only thing that's been exposed is OP's one-inch wonder.

moe94
05-06-2014, 12:38 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/83033/duane-o.gif

sportjames23
05-06-2014, 01:12 AM

:roll:

Spaulding
05-06-2014, 01:17 AM

:applause:

Inferno
05-06-2014, 01:19 AM
Let's not have people bumping this after one great game. He was mediocre for his standards in the 1st round