PDA

View Full Version : MJ vs Durant 1-on-1

ihoopallday
04-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Who do you think would win? I'll go with Durant. Can't think of any player MJ faced during his time that could score like Durant.

livinglegend
04-07-2014, 12:56 PM
MJ was overrated. The second perimeter player of his time was in his own team. He had a stacked team while the other great players of that era were in normal teams. The best team he faced was the Utah Jazz who wouldnt even make the western conferance finals in today s league. Weak era.

As far as OP is concerned, is there a ref in the 1 on 1 game? If yes, will Jordan be allowed to play defense?

Mass Debator
04-07-2014, 12:57 PM
MJ will do a couple of elbow blows to Durant's rib cages and take over when the score is 5-5. End result, 11-6 MJ

NumberSix
04-07-2014, 12:58 PM
MJ punches KD in the face and leaves after KD calls his 5th foul on the first possession.

deja vu
04-07-2014, 01:04 PM
They're both somewhat similar on offense but MJ was a far better defender than Durant so MJ wins this hands down. MJ has a better shot at slowing down Durant than Durant slowing down MJ.

Trollsmasher
04-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Durant wins in arm flails, Jordan in points

swagga
04-07-2014, 01:05 PM
MJ punches KD in the face and leaves after KD calls his 5th foul on the first possession.

I could actually see that happening :roll:

deja vu
04-07-2014, 01:07 PM
MJ was overrated. The second perimeter player of his time was in his own team. He had a stacked team while the other great players of that era were in normal teams. The best team he faced was the Utah Jazz who wouldnt even make the western conferance finals in today s league. Weak era.

As far as OP is concerned, is there a ref in the 1 on 1 game? If yes, will Jordan be allowed to play defense?
You must be trolling. Malone and Stockton would own the league.

livinglegend
04-07-2014, 01:10 PM
You must be trolling. Malone and Stockton would own the league.
:facepalm
Teams are much more stacked today. Malone and stockon wouldnt do shit against Spurs, OKC or Clippers. 2nd round exit.

deja vu
04-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Teams are much more stacked today. Malone and stockon wouldnt do shit against Spurs, OKC or Clippers. 2nd round exit.
Get real. Nobody would be able to stop that pick-and-roll combo. :bowdown:

Only the Heat would have a realistic chance of beating that Jazz team.

KyrieTheFuture
04-07-2014, 01:21 PM
MJ would talk trash enough that KD would break down in tears, again, and the game would end early.

Also, how can you not tell that hes trolling about the Jazz? They'd be a top 2 seed in the NBA if they existed now.

kamil
04-07-2014, 01:54 PM

Dumbest comment on ISH I've read in a while. I hope nobody is taking you seriously.

atljonesbro
04-07-2014, 02:04 PM

Agreed. So many better teams in the West currently than that squad, but we all know nostalgia on this forum is out of hand.

JUDGE WITNESS
04-07-2014, 02:11 PM
game 21? kd wins 21-2

TheMan
04-07-2014, 02:22 PM
^^^The ignoramusses are in full swing:applause:

AirFederer
04-07-2014, 04:55 PM
The Servant would be on the recieving end, that's for sure. MJ would blow by him all day long.

inclinerator
04-07-2014, 05:00 PM
mj wins cuz there is no cheap fouls in 1 on 1

Black and White
04-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Durants length would be a massive issue, his shot release is quick, he has good ball handling skills, its a tough cover for MJ.

sportjames23
04-07-2014, 05:18 PM
They're both somewhat similar on offense but MJ was a far better defender than Durant so MJ wins this hands down. MJ has a better shot at slowing down Durant than Durant slowing down MJ.

Bottom line.

What can Durant do to stop MJ? Absolutely nothing.

I've seen MJ guard bigger players and stop them. Durant's not a good defender, and MJ routinely ran circles around taller players. KD's gonna have to hope he gets the ball first and doesn't miss a shot.

Solefade
04-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Durant would have a harder time stopping MJ than MJ woud have stopping KD

Lebron would be a much harder matchup for MJ tho

jstern
04-07-2014, 05:36 PM
I think MJ would win this one. Which era's rules are they going to use?

Pippen has been severely overrated since his retirement. I guess thanks to the Kobe fan boys.

1987_Lakers
04-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Jordan use to lose to Worthy in one on one all the time. Durant is much too tall for MJ. Give me Durant.

DMAVS41
04-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Depends on how the game is called.

If they are allowed to play physically, MJ wins easily.

Current rules? Total toss up...probably lean towards Durant.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Jordan won't have Pippen with him, so I'd go with Durant.

Rose'sACL
04-07-2014, 06:53 PM
durant. will be close though. Jordan is the better 5on5 player though.

Angel Face
04-07-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm picking MJ, he's a better defender and more complete offensive player, has better footwork, explosive 1st step, great post game and his trash talking could affect KD's game. He's the ultimate 1 on 1 player. The only advantage I see KD has is 3 point shooting and length.

diamenz
04-07-2014, 07:42 PM
for livinglegend:

http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/One-dimensional_thinking

dabigbaws
04-07-2014, 08:07 PM
MJ is 5 inches shorter and KD's length is too much.

Deuce Bigalow
04-07-2014, 08:14 PM
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img716/5576/mv6.gif

Budadiiii
04-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Durant longer. He wins.

MJ cannot stop Durant 1 on 1. Durant's length would bother the hell out of MJ.

Durant 21-12

red1
04-07-2014, 08:37 PM
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img716/5576/mv6.gif
flawless gif usage :roll:

red1
04-07-2014, 08:37 PM
they would both light each other up

plowking
04-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Durant...

Are some of you serious, or played one on one before?

livingby3's
04-07-2014, 09:04 PM
so which poster is right? we would never know

Calabis
04-07-2014, 09:14 PM

38 year old Malone was busting kg and Duncan's ass please stfu

Calabis
04-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Jordan use to lose to Worthy in one on one all the time. Durant is much too tall for MJ. Give me Durant.

Lol and Worthy was stronger in the post

Joyner82reload
04-08-2014, 12:40 AM
I really question whether or not some of you have ever played basketball. Durant is a pretty damn good defender in ISO, and probably the toughest player to shoot over off the dribble in the league. Jordan is giving up 6 or 7 inches to Durant, and you think he has a prayer at stopping him?

Jordan is a better basketball player than Durant, but he would get murked 1 on 1 something like 21-13. Durant would eventually force Jordan into contested jumpers and even MJ would struggle to shoot over Durant.

Please tell me Jordan's gameplan for stopping Durant. I would LOVE to hear it.

jstern
04-08-2014, 07:51 AM
I really question whether or not some of you have ever played basketball. Durant is a pretty damn good defender in ISO, and probably the toughest player to shoot over off the dribble in the league. Jordan is giving up 6 or 7 inches to Durant, and you think he has a prayer at stopping him?

Jordan is a better basketball player than Durant, but he would get murked 1 on 1 something like 21-13. Durant would eventually force Jordan into contested jumpers and even MJ would struggle to shoot over Durant.

Don't you think you saying that Durant is 6 to 7 inches taller than Jordan is a sign of bias thinking? By not saying a more accurate height difference, but exaggerating a bit for the sake of your argument.

I think people are looking at this in a very simplistic manner. Durant is taller, so he would win.

Personally I think Jordan would win more often than not because he would have a better chance of blowing by Durant than the other way around.

Either one could get hot and win, so it's not a situation where one will always beat the other.

One on one is a different animal.

Asukal
04-08-2014, 08:12 AM

This would happen to Durant all day long with his skinny frame trying to guard prime MJ. :oldlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpVJBaFhAA8

Rocketswin2013
04-08-2014, 08:15 AM

Are you daft? Jordan is 6'6 in shoes. Kevin Durant is 6'10 in shoes. Where is the "6 or 7 inch" advantage? And neither is stopping the other so whoever gets ball first would win.

And there's no way KD could keep up with MJ off the dribble so I don't know why you think he'd chuck jumpers.

Denitron
04-08-2014, 08:17 AM
Momma Durant would be on the receiving end of yet another tear-filled hug

deja vu
04-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Old ass MJ murked prime KG but Durant would force him into contested jumpshots?

This forum never fails to amaze me sometimes.

JtotheIzzo
04-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Who do you think would win? I'll go with Durant. Can't think of any player MJ faced during his time that could score like Durant.

MJ would make Durant cry. If Durant can nail a bunch from 27' and they play make and take he might have a shot.

sekachu
04-08-2014, 10:15 AM

Nobody could stop prime MJ. Durant is quick at his size but still not even close to MJ. MJ will be physical with his defense on him that will distract his shooting rhythm. MJ's reflect is always overlooked. Even the quickest PG has a hard time to blow by MJ, let alone durant.

TheMan
04-08-2014, 10:45 AM
What I learned from this thread...the taller player will always win because, well, he's taller and KD is now a defensive beast.:rolleyes:

So according to ISH...

Manute Bol >>>> everyone else in 1 v 1:facepalm

My take, MJ is a much better man defender, quicker and stronger, (same reason I'd take LeBron over KD in a 1 v1), MJ is gonna beat KD to where he wants to go on drives. KD could shoot over MJ but they would be contested jumpers and MJ is gonna beat him to the rebound so he better not miss. MJ OTOH, could blow past KD if he gets up on him or MJ could just back down skinny ass Durant and just go low post moves on 35. If KD gives MJ space, MJ could hit the midrange J all day. Plus I'm picking Jordan because MJ got that killer mentallity and famous will to win.

If they play 10 games, MJ would win at least 6 times. I could see KD getting a few wins though.

TheMan
04-08-2014, 10:50 AM
Durant...

Are some of you serious, or played one on one before?
Yeah, have you?

If both players are elite level offensive players but player B is way better defensively, even if he gives up some inches but is stronger and quicker, he wins most times.

diamenz
04-08-2014, 10:50 AM
they would go back and forth winning and losing. love how people state sh!t like it's god's word.

OldSchoolBBall
04-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Durants length would be a massive issue, his shot release is quick, he has good ball handling skills, its a tough cover for MJ.

KD would not be able to dribble in front of Jordan in a 1-on-1 unless he was getting pu$$y calls. Jordan would rip the rock every other possession. KD ain't getting cute with the dribble in an iso with prime MJ, believe me.

JohnFreeman
04-26-2014, 06:50 AM
MJ. Not rip through moves in 21

annbafan
04-26-2014, 07:45 AM
they would go back and forth winning and losing. love how people state sh!t like it's god's word.

This is the only answer. The one who gets more hot wins the game.

RidonKs
04-26-2014, 09:00 AM
durant's length is his greatest asset but if tony allen can make his shots tough, surely mj could do the same. the only players that could challenge mike 1v1 are guys with bulk who can post him up or muscle their way past him. durant can do neither of these things.

The-Legend-24
04-26-2014, 09:02 AM
Depends, can MJ bring Pippen with him? Because u know, he can't win shit without him. :oldlol:

AintNoSunshine
04-26-2014, 09:05 AM
MJ was cat quick and bull strong at his peak, KD can't stay with him let's be real here.

AintNoSunshine
04-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Depends, can MJ bring Pippen with him? Because u know, he can't win shit without him. :oldlol:

:oldlol: :oldlol: Does Kobe bring Shaq and Pau with him to the bedroom with Vanessa? Because you know, Kobe can't perform without a big man helping him

diamenz
04-26-2014, 08:35 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: Does Kobe bring Shaq and Pau with him to the bedroom with Vanessa? Because you know, Kobe can't perform without a big man helping him

lmfao... wow. sh111ted on 'em.