PDA

View Full Version : So who wins DPOY?

cos88
04-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Hibbert is playing turrible basketball the last months on either ends, can he win it for 4/6 months of playing great defense ( november, december, january, february ) ?

Who do you got? :confusedshrug:

grantz
04-07-2014, 02:10 PM
deandre jordan

Bob Dole
kyrie Irving

AnaheimLakers24
not your gay boyfriend

Force
04-07-2014, 02:11 PM
They should just laugh out loud while handing it to Marc Gasol again.

cos88
04-07-2014, 02:12 PM
not your gay boyfriend

:facepalm

ImKobe
04-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Noah

best DRTG in the league & Bulls allow the least points per game & are 2nd in DRTG. Pacers are still somehow first overall, but Hibbert has been trash post all-star break.

Demitri98
04-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Pretty sure Noah's had this on lock since the break.

No one else is even close. LeBron? Hibbert? Ibaka?

Wow, what weak competition. :biggums:

Trollsmasher
04-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Bran tho

Marlo_Stanfield
04-07-2014, 02:20 PM
bran has played some incredible defense these last two month.
he should get it as a make up award because he didnt get it 2012 or 13.
he deserves one now

iTare
04-07-2014, 02:20 PM
KD. If he doesn't win this it will be as big of a robbery as when Derrick Rose took Bran's MVP.
jklol

aboss4real24
04-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Hibbert still a d# beast

ImKobe
04-07-2014, 02:43 PM
bran has played some incredible defense these last two month.
he should get it as a make up award because he didnt get it 2012 or 13.
he deserves one now
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/lebron-flop.gif

AirTupac
04-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Bran? Don't make me puke. Gasol > Bran defensively

Artillery
04-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Noah's defensive RAPM numbers are pretty embarrassing for someone that's supposed to be DPOY calibre.

ImKobe
04-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Noah's defensive RAPM numbers are pretty embarrassing for someone that's supposed to be DPOY calibre.

Flawed statistic, obviously.

Artillery
04-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Flawed statistic, obviously.

Kobe fan whining about stats that expose him as a not so great player.

ImKobe
04-07-2014, 02:55 PM

Kobe fan whining about stats that expose him as a not so great player.

I'm talking about Noah you idiot.

Anyone that watches him play knows that he's been the best defensive player this season.

& Lebron is a negative on defense, according to RAPM.

Just2McFly
04-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Noah

Artillery
04-07-2014, 03:09 PM

I'm talking about Noah you idiot.

We had this discussion earlier, in the thread that exposed Kobe as the most overrated defender of his generation. You whined about RAPM back then, still whining about it now.

As for Noah, what is he doing that's impressive on defense? Bulls defense being great has more to do with Thibs(defensive genius as far as coaches go). Most of Noah's hype this year has been about his passing game and assist numbers. Makes no sense to give him a defensive award on the basis of his offensive skills. Good defender but nothing about him makes him stand out over other candidates.

Le Shaqtus
04-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Noah fo sho

ImKobe
04-07-2014, 03:16 PM
We had this discussion earlier, in the thread that exposed Kobe as the most overrated defender of his generation. You whined about RAPM back then, still whining about it now.

As for Noah, what is he doing that's impressive on defense? Bulls defense being great has more to do with Thibs(defensive genius as far as coaches go). Most of Noah's hype this year has been about his passing game and assist numbers. Makes no sense to give him a defensive award on the basis of his offensive skills. Good defender but nothing about him makes him stand out over other candidates.

Noah's consistency is the key. Hibbert had it on lock up until the All-Star break, then he stopped giving a flying ****.

Noah has played solid defense all season & is the best player on both ends of the floor for Chicago. He leads the league in DRTG & is just behind PG in DWS.

Noah's DRTG is 96 while the team's DRTG is 100.9

I guess the only player you could put in the same convo would be Paul George, who has been the most consistent defensive player for the best defensive team in the league & who leads the league in DWS for the 2nd straight season with a DRTG of 97.

Davis & DeAndre have both put up good defensive numbers, but their teams aren't elite on the defensive end.

And I see I'm still living in your head rent free. I don't even remember that discussion anymore & I don't even know you, yet you seem to know all about me ;)

SHAQisGOAT
04-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Noah maybe but let's not act like Hibbert is just out of the convo lol

Artillery
04-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Noah's consistency is the key. Hibbert had it on lock up until the All-Star break, then he stopped giving a flying ****.

Noah has played solid defense all season & is the best player on both ends of the floor for Chicago. He leads the league in DRTG & is just behind PG in DWS.

Noah's DRTG is 96 while the team's DRTG is 100.9

I guess the only player you could put in the same convo would be Paul George, who has been the most consistent defensive player for the best defensive team in the league & who leads the league in DWS for the 2nd straight season with a DRTG of 97.

Davis & DeAndre have both put up good defensive numbers, but their teams aren't elite on the defensive end.

:facepalm Using DRTG and Def Win Shares to judge a player's defensive impact. God damn, you're dumb.

Smook A.
04-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Dwight Howard

bballnoob1192
04-07-2014, 05:41 PM
james harden? anyone

Im Still Ballin
04-07-2014, 07:46 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/lebron-flop.gif

:confusedshrug:

thats a clean double combo hit. that chin of lebrons, :bowdown:

HomieWeMajor
04-07-2014, 07:47 PM
deandre jordan
If DJ can add about 50 pounds of fat/muscle in the off-season he can become the left-handed Shaq with better defense.

YouGotServed
04-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Dwight and is not even close.

Solefade
04-07-2014, 08:06 PM
not your gay boyfriend

isn't his gay bf your gay bf too? :oldlol:

pauk
04-07-2014, 08:23 PM
No idea who wins it this season, absolutely clueless, i mean there is a bunch who deserve it but i dont think any single guy stands out from the rest, it will be a close one.

cos88
04-07-2014, 08:25 PM
no problem with noah winning especially if they finish 3rd.

AnaheimLakers24
04-07-2014, 08:48 PM
fgt bran wont even get a consideration. noah has this

Mr. Incredible
04-07-2014, 09:29 PM
LeBron James.

INDI
04-07-2014, 10:24 PM
LeBron James.

No hate but I honestly don't get the whole lebron for DPOY hype.

Would anyone actually consider Bron a better defender than Jimmy Butler or kawhi leonard?

Genaro
04-07-2014, 10:30 PM
I'm still taking Hibbert. You can't throw away everything he did just because he didn't finish the season strong.

coin24
04-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Bran? :roll: :roll:
Flopping is not defense.

Noah, butler, kahwi, Gasol, deandre even iggy >>>>>>>>

Dengness9
04-08-2014, 01:00 AM

Nothing about Noah's season has been embarrassing.

Have respect for the new DPOY and all NBA 1st team center.

Dengness9
04-08-2014, 01:05 AM

Noah is the best center in the league at stepping out on perimeter players for starters. Noah and Gibsons abilities to switch on picks is massive to the Bulls defense.

Noah boards, blocks, and steals with the best in the league regardless of position. And he is the defensive court general for the Bulls.

You're a little bitch because you can't give him any credit so clearly there is some agenda in your pea sized brain.

Who you got for DPOY?

lebron06
04-08-2014, 02:14 AM
Bron got this

b0bab0i
04-08-2014, 02:16 AM
deandre?

sportjames23
04-08-2014, 02:20 AM
isn't his gay bf your gay bf too? :oldlol:

Oh shit! :oldlol:

As to this thread, it's Noah or DJ.

CarlosBoozer
04-08-2014, 02:21 AM
Me. Hibbert can go suck a fat dick.

dabigbaws
04-08-2014, 03:48 AM
ibaka

Milbuck
04-08-2014, 04:02 AM
Noah or DJ. Probably Noah.

russwest0
04-08-2014, 04:26 AM
serge ibaka

Artillery
04-08-2014, 06:55 AM
Noah is the best center in the league at stepping out on perimeter players for starters. Noah and Gibsons abilities to switch on picks is massive to the Bulls defense.

Noah boards, blocks, and steals with the best in the league regardless of position. And he is the defensive court general for the Bulls.

You're a little bitch because you can't give him any credit so clearly there is some agenda in your pea sized brain.

Who you got for DPOY?

Why are Bulls fans so quick to overrate anybody that's half-decent on their team? :confusedshrug:

Rose winning MVP was a joke. That's like giving an MVP to Tony Parker(similar players as far as impact goes).

Noah's a good center but the narrative from Bulls fans is that he's the best big in the NBA which is a bit comical. Hell, he's not even the best defensive big on his own team.

As for DPOY, it's a weak year. Not sure who gets it.

sportjames23
04-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Why are Bulls fans so quick to overrate anybody that's half-decent on their team? :confusedshrug:

Rose winning MVP was a joke. That's like giving an MVP to Tony Parker(similar players as far as impact goes).

Noah's a good center but the narrative from Bulls fans is that he's the best big in the NBA which is a bit comical. Hell, he's not even the best defensive big on his own team.

As for DPOY, it's a weak year. Not sure who gets it.

So mad this nikka is. :oldlol:

Artillery
04-08-2014, 07:14 AM
So mad this nikka is. :oldlol:

Huh? Nobody's mad - just an observation.

Truth is Bulls have been so shitty since the GOAT retired that the fanbase has forgotten how to properly rate players. That's why you have Parker-level stars like Rose getting MVP hype or Noah being talked up as some kind of defensive beast when the impact stats say otherwise.

pauk
04-08-2014, 07:56 AM
No hate but I honestly don't get the whole lebron for DPOY hype.

There is no such hype, never was.... thats the thing... it should have been last year...

Would anyone actually consider Bron a better defender than Jimmy Butler or kawhi leonard?

Yes, because he does much more defensively than strictly playing man-to-man on SF's.... Lebron is the most versatile defender in the league hence the best ALLROUND defender in the league.... he is not the best interior defender (Howard? Ibaka? Deandre? Hibbert?) and he doesnt stay infront of guards better than Tony Allen or Bradley, but he does it all very effectively especially when motivated and he is in that sence the best help defender in the league..... just like Pippen was in the 90s for those exact same reasons....

....and Pippen never won DPOY either.... he at least got outbeat for that by the likes of Hakeem, Mutombo etc..... but Lebron? Marc Gasol......

East_Stone_Ya
04-08-2014, 08:26 AM
Ibaka deserves it the most

sportjames23
04-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Huh? Nobody's mad - just an observation.

Truth is Bulls have been so shitty since the GOAT retired that the fanbase has forgotten how to properly rate players. That's why you have Parker-level stars like Rose getting MVP hype or Noah being talked up as some kind of defensive beast when the impact stats say otherwise.

Just fvckin witcha, bruh. :cheers:

Artillery
04-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Picking Ibaka would be worse than picking Noah. People have to stop looking at box score stats when guaging defense. It's because of this kind of crap that we get players like Marcus Camby winning DPOY.

jzek
04-08-2014, 09:34 AM
LeBron

bingoa
04-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Picking Ibaka would be worse than picking Noah. People have to stop looking at box score stats when guaging defense. It's because of this kind of crap that we get players like Marcus Camby winning DPOY.
you also have to look at defensive impact, every spurs player shat themselves and bricked layup after layup whenever Ibaka was around the paint in their recent meeting, that happens ever game.

watch some thunder games and Ibaka closely,dude's a great defender.

INDI
04-08-2014, 11:29 AM
There is no such hype, never was.... thats the thing... it should have been last year...

Yes, because he does much more defensively than strictly playing man-to-man on SF's.... Lebron is the most versatile defender in the league hence the best ALLROUND defender in the league.... he is not the best interior defender (Howard? Ibaka? Deandre? Hibbert?) and he doesnt stay infront of guards better than Tony Allen or Bradley, but he does it all very effectively especially when motivated and he is in that sence the best help defender in the league..... just like Pippen was in the 90s for those exact same reasons....

....and Pippen never won DPOY either.... he at least got outbeat for that by the likes of Hakeem, Mutombo etc..... but Lebron? Marc Gasol......

Good points and I can agree with his versatility but I dont think he has a game changing versatility that would have coaches strategizing on how to overcome it.

Imo last years dpoy should have went to ibaka. Prior to this year he was the best defender in the NBA but got overshadowed by his own teammates and bigger names

INDI
04-08-2014, 11:33 AM
you also have to look at defensive impact, every spurs player shat themselves and bricked layup after layup whenever Ibaka was around the paint in their recent meeting, that happens ever game.

watch some thunder games and Ibaka closely,dude's a great defender.

This!!! More than his stats, ibaka changes the way teams attack. That alone makes him worthy of the award.

Before the nets moved to brooklyn (my burrough). I was primarily a lakers fan. I literally hated the guy only because how much he made them change their game plan. I would feel relieved everytime he went to the bench.

pegasus
04-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Definitely Noah. Ibaka is a terrible 1-on-1 defender. Improved a bit this season but still terrible if you are gonna talk about DPOY.

And Lebron...?:roll: