PDA

View Full Version : If Kyrie gets traded, what's a realistic landing spot?

DukeDelonte13
04-07-2014, 03:07 PM
We are all hearing the noise. If Kyrie doesn't wanna sign the big boy extension the Cavs need to not make the same mistake like they did with Lebron and just trade him while his value is high.

For the purposes of this thread let's assume Kyrie and the Cavs can't come to terms on an extension.

What teams can realistically make a play for him?

LoneyROY7
04-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Lakers. They can trade their 2014 draft pick for him + fillers.

Levity
04-07-2014, 03:14 PM

this, but i think that would be a huge gamble for both teams. As a lakers fan, i wouldnt want them to go down that path.

DukeDelonte13
04-07-2014, 03:15 PM

an unprotected lotto pick plus fillers?

I would like to think there would have to be some future picks thrown in to make that work.

I am curious to see what Kyrie's perceived value is from fans across the league.

Mass Debator
04-07-2014, 03:19 PM
He's perfect for the Knicks.

ralph_i_el
04-07-2014, 03:19 PM
try to swing a kevin love trade and exile the chucker to Minny? not likely i guess

DukeDelonte13
04-07-2014, 03:20 PM
He's perfect for the Knicks.

He's from NJ, i'm sure he'd like to play there, but do they have the assets to make a move of that magnitude?

Bibby4Three
04-07-2014, 03:23 PM
He's from NJ, i'm sure he'd like to play there, but do they have the assets to make a move of that magnitude?

lol not at all.

aboss4real24
04-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Knicks

Since it will be mare's last year, he can b traded with no cap penalty

Hes basically a rental now

shump hardaway Are 2 nice young assets also , if the cavs actually do want sumtn in return

RedBlackAttack
04-07-2014, 03:47 PM
The chances of him being traded are infinitesimal. And, if we did, it'd have to be for an unprotected lottery pick.

But, again... not going to happen.

PleezeBelieve
04-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Orlando has the assets and draft slot the Cavs would want. Maybe we could sucker them into a deal.

RedBlackAttack
04-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Did you guys see Kyrie and Josh Gordon are going at it on Twitter? :lol

One thing about Cleveland sports... we may be bad, but it's never boring.

wally_world
04-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Raptors for Derozan, after and if Lowry leaves during FA

Jetballer24
04-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Westbrook for Kyrie who says no?

christian1923
04-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Westbrook for Kyrie who says no?
Thunder

smoovegittar
04-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Knicks. I can see it happening.

FatComputerNerd
04-07-2014, 05:27 PM
We're not trading Kyrie...

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Did you guys see Kyrie and Josh Gordon are going at it on Twitter? :lol

One thing about Cleveland sports... we may be bad, but it's never boring.
:lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-07-2014, 05:31 PM
i imagine waiters is one of the last motherfckers you wanna have a beef with.

HOoopCityJones
04-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Lakers.

hawksdogsbraves
04-07-2014, 05:51 PM
I remember when rumors first started flying about Dion and Kyrie not getting along came out, Cavs fans on here were absolutely adamant that it was all a load of bullshit made up by the media.

Guess not :confusedshrug:

If anybody gets traded it's going to be Waiters though, Irving has too much brand value to get rid of at this point.

Le Shaqtus
04-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Orlando has the assets and draft slot the Cavs would want. Maybe we could sucker them into a deal.

I don't think we'd want that problem child :lol

KyrieTheFuture
04-07-2014, 06:17 PM
I remember when rumors first started flying about Dion and Kyrie not getting along came out, Cavs fans on here were absolutely adamant that it was all a load of bullshit made up by the media.

If anybody gets traded it's going to be Waiters though, Irving has too much brand value to get rid of at this point.
:wtf:
Where do you see proof of a rift between the two?

christian1923
04-07-2014, 06:22 PM
:wtf:
Where do you see proof of a rift between the two?
Josh Gordon touched on it a little.

CelticBaller
04-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Heat

el gringos
04-07-2014, 06:24 PM
lol not at all.
Chandler, hardaway, shumpert, and a future 1st is really that laughable?

Qwyjibo
04-07-2014, 06:41 PM
If Lowry leaves, I'd totally do that. I don't see why Cleveland would, though.

KyrieTheFuture
04-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Both of them denied it, but I guess it all depends on who you want to believe. I want to believe there isn't a rift so I believe them. Some want to believe there is one so they believe Josh Gordon. Josh isn't exactly someone to talk when it comes to locker rooms and teams performing well though. Dude plays for the worst damn franchise of the last 45 years. Cleveland players gotta stick together can't be making jabs at them for no reason.

jbryan1984
04-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Realistically, Cavs will match any offer sheet. Realistically, ask again in 3-4 years.

secund2nun
04-07-2014, 10:15 PM
Realistically, Cavs will match any offer sheet. Realistically, ask again in 3-4 years.

I think Irving may force a trade this summer. Ultimately he should be able to get traded and sign a max contract....I think he is gonna try to get that done. A few of the cavs and former cavs writes like Windhorst and Lloyd have heard that he wants out of Cleveland and Lloyd asked him a few times if he would be willing to sign a 5 year contract this summer and he avoided the question every time. Even his twitter defense rant the other day he failed to say he would sign a max contract with Cleveland. Fortunately for Cleveland his value is still high and they can get a good pick or a good player out of him.

DMAVS41
04-07-2014, 10:18 PM
If he is really unhappy and doesn't want to be there...then they should just trade him.

If a team like the Cavs is going to do anything...they really need to get players that want to be there.

If Kyrie doesn't...I see no reason why they keep him.

EricGordon23
04-07-2014, 10:24 PM

No thank you

RedBlackAttack
04-07-2014, 10:35 PM

Josh was asked a leading question with the assumption that all of those rumors were true. I guess he could have interjected that there is no truth to the rumors, but Josh looked pretty damn uncomfortable in that interview and I think he just wanted to answer the questions and get out of there.

In actuality, he never confirmed or denied that any of the rumors were true... just some nonsense about "two alphas." It sounded to me like a guy with no real insight on the topic trying his best to get through an awkward interview.

I love Josh on the football field, but he's not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Kyrie and Dion have both denied any bad blood between them and have been huge proponents of one another recently in ways that probably should have put this whole thing to bed. That's not how ESPN operates when it comes to the Cavs, though. They have their own narrative to push.

Kyrie isn't going anywhere, guys. Neither is Dion. They've both played fantastic together in the last half of the season. It is visible in both the team's record when both play and their individual statistics.

Don't just assume all of the things you've heard are true... research it yourself.

navy
04-07-2014, 11:34 PM
He's going to the Heat.

JohnFreeman
04-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Irving for Mclemore straight up :D

RedBlackAttack
04-08-2014, 01:30 AM
Irving for Mclemore straight up :D
I don't think I'd trade Delly for McLemore... seriously. I don't like his game at all.

DukeDelonte13
04-08-2014, 08:13 AM

I mean, the whole point of this thread is to analyze in the hypothetical sense where he would be traded IF the cavs and kyrie can't reach an agreement on the extension that will be offered.

I'm well aware that it's unlikely that he would reject the max extension, but if he does, cavs cannot and should not pander to a player that puts them in a bad spot, especially if that player hasn't proved he's capable of playing winning bball yet.

JohnFreeman
04-08-2014, 08:15 AM
I don't think I'd trade Delly for McLemore... seriously. I don't like his game at all.
Yeah, Mclemore sucks

KyrieTheFuture
04-08-2014, 08:22 AM
The best part about this thread is that not one single trade idea that's legit had been proposed

JohnFreeman
04-08-2014, 08:26 AM
I would do Thomas and a pick

Charlie Sheen
04-08-2014, 11:03 AM
First thought was somewhere in the neighborhood of what the pels paid for Jrue. If a Kyrie trade goes down, it's probably going to involve Phoenix in some capacity since the Suns have so many Round 1 picks this year.

DukeDelonte13
04-08-2014, 11:05 AM
First thought was somewhere in the neighborhood of what the pels paid for Jrue. If a Kyrie trade goes down, it's probably going to involve Phoenix in some capacity since the Suns have so many Round 1 picks this year.

Phx would be def. be an interesting trade partner as the cavs now GM came up in PHX and still has strong ties there.

But who knows if Griffen will still be the cavs GM.

ralph_i_el
04-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Phx would be def. be an interesting trade partner as the cavs now GM came up in PHX and still has strong ties there.

But who knows if Griffen will still be the cavs GM.

Why would the suns want Kyrie?

Charlie Sheen
04-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Why would the suns want Kyrie?

It makes sense the Suns would be included to facilitate a trade with their draft picks. They may not be a fit for Kyrie, but they do have the assets Cleveland would want in return. I was thinking of Kyrie going to a third team when I posted that with the suns adding interior defense or an upgrade on the wing over Tucker.

ralph_i_el
04-08-2014, 11:47 AM
It makes sense the Suns would be included to facilitate a trade with their draft picks. They may not be a fit for Kyrie, but they do have the assets Cleveland would want in return. I was thinking of Kyrie going to a third team when I posted that with the suns adding interior defense or an upgrade on the wing over Tucker.

Now this makes a whole bunch of sense. Good call. 3 team trade bringing KLove to Phoenix and Irving to Minny

Darius
04-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Cavs fans are the biggest ostriches on ISH.

"LBJ will never leave", "Kyrie will snap out of it, we'll make the playoffs", "Kyrie and Waiters have no beef". :oldlol:

That said, most small-market franchises don't trade franchise level talent until they absolutely have to so I doubt he'll be traded.

hawksdogsbraves
04-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Josh was asked a leading question with the assumption that all of those rumors were true. I guess he could have interjected that there is no truth to the rumors, but Josh looked pretty damn uncomfortable in that interview and I think he just wanted to answer the questions and get out of there.

In actuality, he never confirmed or denied that any of the rumors were true... just some nonsense about "two alphas." It sounded to me like a guy with no real insight on the topic trying his best to get through an awkward interview.

I love Josh on the football field, but he's not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Kyrie and Dion have both denied any bad blood between them and have been huge proponents of one another recently in ways that probably should have put this whole thing to bed. That's not how ESPN operates when it comes to the Cavs, though. They have their own narrative to push.

Kyrie isn't going anywhere, guys. Neither is Dion. They've both played fantastic together in the last half of the season. It is visible in both the team's record when both play and their individual statistics.

Don't just assume all of the things you've heard are true... research it yourself.

Do the research? I read articles about it on basically a weekly basis. What conclusion am I supposed to draw from

"I talked about it with Dion," Gordon told anchor Skip Bayless. "He's my neighbor in my building, so we hang out all the time. I'm aware of the rift in the locker room. That's just alpha males and supreme athletes trying to share the spotlight."

He said he hoped the two got along but supported the idea that one of the two would have to be traded.

"I'm not opposed to that," Gordon said. "It might play out better."

That's a quote, a primary source, how much clearer of an insight into the situation am I going to get? I can't get into the locker room. I don't really care if two guys have beef, it happens in lots of locker rooms in lots of sports, but I just think it's funny that Cavs fans are so insistent on sticking to their story that everything is rosy and Dion and Kyrie are best buds.

aboss4real24
04-08-2014, 01:24 PM
kyrie 4 Hardaway n a pick