PDA

View Full Version : JV charged with DUI

brwnman
04-07-2014, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE]

The idle Toronto Raptors made news away from the court on Monday.

Second-year centre Jonas Valanciunas has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, having been stopped in Wasaga Beach, Ont., after reportedly being spotted with open beer bottles while travelling through a drive-thru.

Police say officers located the vehicle at a home, where they arrested Valanciunas alleging he was under the influence of alcohol while driving.

Valanciunas is charged with having greater than 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood.

He is to appear in court in nearby Collingwood on April 22.

Qwyjibo
04-07-2014, 07:15 PM
If this is true, he's an idiot. I don't care too much about him as a person but this is just stupid given how much he's helping the team lately.

brwnman
04-07-2014, 07:25 PM
If this is true, he's an idiot. I don't care too much about him as a person but this is just stupid given how much he's helping the team lately.

it's true. reported on CTV news and PTS. Moronic.

Himan12
04-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Oh dear what a dumb thing to do. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Just hope this doesn't screw us in the playoffs.

kwajo
04-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Incredibly stupid, I expected better of him.

To be fair though, I don't think I've ever seen anyone driving sober in Wasaga Beach.

Sakkreth
04-08-2014, 05:09 AM
Obviously stupid thing to do, but this whole story is weird was he even really driving under influence ? "Car was found at home" "Opened beer bottles" . That's so reaching... wouldn't be surprised if he actually didn't break a law.

Zan Tabak
04-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Meh, he's young and Lithuanian. What's a guy to do!?

Thankfully nobody was hurt.

Sakkreth
04-08-2014, 06:34 PM
"Police say they began investigating after a report that a vehicle went through a drive-thru with open beer bottles visible."

Wow wtf, are they serious ?