04-08-2014, 06:58 AM
It was decent.
Yeah, not sure if I will expect much from it. I will continue too watch though

jcsrplumply
04-08-2014, 07:49 AM
I liked it, definitely will watch future episodes. :D

Thorpesaurous
04-08-2014, 08:39 AM
I was really disappointed to find out it wasn't available On Demand when I got home from work yesterday.

I'm not expecting absolute genius, but it looks amusing at the very least.

I recorded it at like 3am last night and will check it out tonight probably. I also recorded Turn on AMC and plan to give that a shot, but I'm less certain about that.

ALBballer
04-08-2014, 09:57 AM
the first episode is on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VvkmsI54ss4

Godzuki
04-08-2014, 10:06 AM
I was going to make a post about this the other day.

I thought it was decent. Its not great but interesting to me, like i'm interested in seeing some start up nerd genius who blows up in Silicon Valley for now at least. Only thing is it was all rather predictable from the start of how it would go, and its sort of annoying how he acts over the top nerd issues kind of thing.

that girl is hot in it.

i'll watch it next week...more interesting than Veep at least.

Levity
04-08-2014, 12:32 PM
i liked it. but im a mike judge stan. good cast, nonetheless. theyll be able to play off eachother, well. and the dry humor is there, which i always love.

ALBballer
04-08-2014, 01:21 PM
I liked it as well. I thought the nerdiness and their socially awkward behaviors were over the top though.

Godzuki
04-09-2014, 11:41 AM
I was thinking about this show after reading this news about charging phone batteries in seconds

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelindex=8&from=en-us_msnhpvidmod#/video/64e5c8d3-91a7-4d01-b284-4f851685f5dc

not the breakthru of the compression search the guy on this show came up with but seems like it could be real big if they could apply it to all battery charging. they hit the jackpot it seems with amino acids.

Thorpesaurous
04-09-2014, 12:23 PM
So I did watch it and enjoyed it. I'm probably pretty close to ProfMurder up there in that I'm not the biggest Mike Judge guy. I'm not even a huge BnB fan. And I just wasn't fond of King of the Hill at all. Office Space however I loved, and I actually sort of liked his sort of recent Extract, and this seems cut from that cloth.

TJ Miller was hyper annoying, which was the point, and it was funny, but hopefully that character gets a chance to have some moments of reigning it in. I've always liked Martin Starr, so that's promising even though he didn't do anything.

I don't want to get too up or down on the story since we just saw the seeds sown, and that's fine. I actually find the notion compelling.

The doctor scene was really funny, but it was blown a bit in the ads they ran for it non-stop.

The Kid Rock thing I found an amusingly appropriate take on this pop-up millionair thing, and plenty funny.

The chick is really hot. And so far she seems to fit his "sweet girl who's going to fall for a guy at who is lost in the mundaneness of life, and then everything blows up for him" archetype. Jennifer Anniston played it in Office Space, and Mila Kunis played it with an alterior motive but still couldn't resist catching feelings in Extract. Are we sure he didn't make that Heart Breakers movie with Jennifer Love Hewitt?

I'll totally keep watching it.

Take Your Lumps
04-09-2014, 08:33 PM
I liked it...will definitely check out the next episode. I just read that the guy who plays Peter Gregory (the venture capitalist the main character is leaning towards going with) died last year during filming. :(

http://www.avclub.com/article/rip-christopher-evan-welch-of-the-master-and-rubic-106142

bdreason
04-09-2014, 09:17 PM
I thought it was pretty good. I could see the plot getting really stale really fast though.

Raymone
04-14-2014, 03:02 AM
No

Levity
06-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Season finale was last night. Any of you guys catch it?

Short season, but it didnt become too stale. The finale gave premise to an interesting second season. however, with the death of christopher evan, the actor who played, peter gregory, i wonder how/if theyll work that into the story. he wasnt in the last 2 episodes, so the question is will they kill off his character(which is you watched the finale, they didnt allude to) or will they simply replace him

franchise#3
06-02-2014, 02:53 PM
I miss Peter on the show. I think he was the best part about it. I expected more from Mike Judge tbh.

ItsMillerTime
06-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Did they ever figure out how long it would take to jerk off every guy in the conference

Thorpesaurous
06-02-2014, 03:50 PM
I thought that was the best episode of the season. Really went out on a high note. I'm not a huge TJ Miller guy, but I found his Urlich to be pretty good. It would be easy for me to be irritated by a character that over the top, but they've sprikled him pretty well, and it helps that he occosionally gets called out on his bullshit.

The dynamic between Martin Star and the Indian guy has gotten better as the season wore on. And Martin Star is my favorite guy on the show, so the better he plays out the more I'll like it I'm sure.

And frankly, it for me was the jerk off bit, which I thought was really well written, that could've been just total toilet humor, which doesn't offend me, but they got a notch above that.

I also agree that the short season may be a blessing in disguise.

Godzuki
06-02-2014, 04:09 PM
i liked the potential of this after the first episode but i don't think they have much of a winner here at all. It tries a bit too hard with geek cliches too much. I didn't like the guy that played that eccentric character much either that passed away. I just felt he didn't add much.

I feel the writing is generally rather poor as well as plot lines as well. i mean they go from inventing some amazing compression system that is supposed to revolutionize computer data being the basis of them taking off in the computer world, only for another company to steal it from them, and now he comes up with some other nerd ingenious idea to make it even better.

It just feels this shows writers have no clue where they're going with the plot lines, and it seems mostly small talk banter between nerd characters...which basically sums up the episodes.

its a shame since they got a slot time behind GoT, so you'd think HBO could've done a lot better to capitalize off of introducing something new.

outbreak
06-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Based on the ads i saw before the first episode I really thought this would be terrible. Actually enjoyed it though. The last few episodes were way better than the first half of the season. I'm not really a laugh out loud guy when watching tv but I was laughing pretty hard during the finale

Cactus-Sack
06-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Season finale was last night. Any of you guys catch it?

Short season, but it didnt become too stale. The finale gave premise to an interesting second season. however, with the death of christopher evan, the actor who played, peter gregory, i wonder how/if theyll work that into the story. he wasnt in the last 2 episodes, so the question is will they kill off his character(which is you watched the finale, they didnt allude to) or will they simply replace him

Brilliant finale. The idea of Richard not only saving Pied Piper, but also revolutionizing compression based on a debate about efficiently jacking off as many dude's as possible was genius.

I hope they kill off Peter Gregory, with where we left Richard and Monica (organising a date when PP was dead and now having to cancel that date) I see her becoming the boss lady, which is good, because I've been dreading the development of their relationship since ep1.

I'd like to see a few more recurring characters like Andrew Daly in the show. Maybe the dude from best-buy who quit his job to pursue his parking app (in ep2 or 3 I think) could pop-up in ever shittier jobs around town?

Levity
05-05-2015, 12:23 PM
you buttheads still watching this? I LOVE this season, thus far. probably the show i look most forward to watching every week, along with the show preceding it.

Thorpesaurous
05-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Still watching. Still enjoying it. I love this new douchebag investor guy. I think it's funny that the old investor has been replaced by a female version of himself. And I like the turn of the Huli guy into what appears to be just pure evil. That type of extreme works on this show to the point of being necessary. I'm still not fond of TJ Miller, but having the super douchebag ignore him adds a different element to Ulrich. And I'm hopeful the new girl engineer they just added sparks up the Martin Starr and Dinesh.

Actually one of the biggest problems with the show is that I really don't like Richard. His googly eyed mealy mouthedness I don't find funny at all. I find the Jared character to be much funnier as the driver of the bosses being bullied by the employees material.

ZeN
05-05-2015, 12:41 PM
you buttheads still watching this? I LOVE this season, thus far. probably the show i look most forward to watching every week, along with the show preceding it.
I loved season one and so far season two is great as well.

ItsMillerTime
05-05-2015, 01:34 PM
I would watch every week just to see Dinesh and Gilfoyle argue

highwhey
05-05-2015, 02:28 PM
The new rich investor douchebag reminds me of how Dan Bilzerian would be in real life

outbreak
05-05-2015, 06:04 PM
I'm still watching, still enjoying it. Right now it's probably the best comedy on (although there's not many other good comedies on right now). I don't really like the woman who replaced Peter though, he played that role perfectly and she just seems like shes trying to hard to fill his shoes but isn't a good enough actress. Haven't watched this weeks episode yet but the last one was good. "I bet this guy ****s!"

Droid101
05-05-2015, 06:09 PM
I like it. Hope they keep coming with the new ideas. Big Head development is pretty clever.

24-Inch_Chrome
05-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Enjoyed the first season, second season has been good so far too. Game of Thrones, Veep, and Silicon Valley are the only reason why I currently give a shit about HBO.

DeuceWallaces
05-05-2015, 06:35 PM
I've been watching here and there. Out of order. I don't laugh as much as Veep but I find it a good way to relax for a half hour and get a couple laughs.

~primetime~
08-03-2015, 05:04 PM
One of the funniest shows in TV...can't wait till season 3

https://regmedia.co.uk/2015/06/15/silicon-valley-hannemann.jpg

Who has 2 thumbs and 3 comas? ^^^ that guy

Now that he sold the company I am scared he won't be around for season 3 :(

Russ seriously MADE season 2, everything he said was hilarious...my favorite character by far, really hope he isn't gone.

highwhey
08-03-2015, 05:05 PM
One of the funniest shows in TV...can't wait till season 3

https://regmedia.co.uk/2015/06/15/silicon-valley-hannemann.jpg

Who has 2 thumbs and 3 comas? ^^^ that guy

Now that he sold the company I am scared he won't be around for season 3 :(

Russ seriously MADE season 2, everything he said was hilarious...my favorite character by far, really hope he isn't gone.
He was annoying. The regular cast does just fine without him in terms of comedy.

bdreason
08-03-2015, 05:11 PM
I've watched every episode. It's not a great show... but I continue to watch.

ZeN
08-03-2015, 05:45 PM
It's not a great show...
Wrong.

~primetime~
08-03-2015, 05:50 PM
He was annoying. The regular cast does just fine without him in terms of comedy.
I know how your car doors open...

http://i.imgur.com/VPfExsn.gif

~primetime~
08-03-2015, 05:51 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/172347-russ-hanneman-that-guy-bin-lad-xBea.gif

ALBballer
08-03-2015, 06:35 PM
I've watched every episode. It's not a great show... but I continue to watch.

I agree. It's a pretty good show with some pretty funny scenes at times but the show's plot is interesting enough to get me to keep watching.

arkain
08-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Season 1 was great, season 2 became unbearable at times.

fsvr54
08-03-2015, 11:56 PM
Just saw the first three episodes. Great show so far.

~primetime~
08-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Season 1 was great, season 2 became unbearable at times.
season 2 >>>

100% on RT

Levity
08-04-2015, 01:06 PM
season 2 >>>

100% on RT

agreed

season one was great, but mainly focused on character and plot development. Season 2 was a lot more in depth and allowed each of the guys to travel their own path while not taking away from the heart of the show. It was great and witty writing (which is why i love mike judge)

ItsMillerTime
08-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Richard is extremely annoying 95% of the time. Dinesh and Gilfoyle make this show.

~primetime~
08-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Richard is extremely annoying 95% of the time. Dinesh and Gilfoyle make this show.
Gilfoyle is my favorite of the group...dude is hilarious

Levity
05-12-2016, 02:10 PM
a few weeks into season 3. last weeks episode felt like an homage to office space. mike judge is gonna mike judge :rockon:

Nick Young
05-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Top class show. Mike Judge is my favorite TV writer.

Erlich Bachman is the most hilarious character on TV for me.

Thorpesaurous
05-12-2016, 02:58 PM
I was a little up and down with this show for a while, and I've got a pretty tepid feeling for Mike Judge in general, but it really grew on me, and seems to be getting better. The end of season one with the jerk off algorithm scene was hilarious, and since then it feels like it's gotten consistently funnier.

Hawker
05-17-2016, 09:23 PM
Bump. Great recent episode.

~primetime~
05-17-2016, 09:56 PM
Love this show

This is my favorite show on TV currently

kamil
05-17-2016, 11:18 PM
Erlich Bachman is the most hilarious character on TV for me.

Who ate, my ****ING... quinoa again!?

Waking_Life
05-18-2016, 11:05 AM
Who ate, my ****ING... quinoa again!?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/custom/Bryn/SV.GIF

bdreason
05-18-2016, 02:15 PM
Still watching. Still an average show. I doubt they make a 3rd season.

~primetime~
05-18-2016, 02:35 PM
you mean a 4th season?

~primetime~
05-18-2016, 02:39 PM
Silicon Valley Season 4 & Veep Season 6 Announced at HBO (http://movieweb.com/silicon-valley-season-4-veep-season-6-renewed-hbo/)

Levity
05-18-2016, 03:07 PM
randomly decided to look it up and am hugely surprised; silicon valley has had 12 emmy nominations in their first 2 seasons. :applause:

bdreason
05-18-2016, 06:17 PM
you mean a 4th season?

Is this season 3?

Hard to keep track when the plot just keeps recycling. After last episode, we're pretty much back to where the story started.

Cactus-Sack
05-18-2016, 11:06 PM

This IS season 3 and it was renewed for a fourth before this season even started. Stop mistaking your shit-tier taste for objective observations about the likelihood of renewal.

highwhey
05-18-2016, 11:33 PM
Is this season 3?

Hard to keep track when the plot just keeps recycling. After last episode, we're pretty much back to where the story started.
I mean...you watch proffesional tennis bro

Thorpesaurous
12-26-2019, 08:43 AM
They really crushed the final season. And a great series finale.

Derka
12-26-2019, 10:11 AM
This is a fairly timely thread necro. :applause:

I watched the whole series over the course of November. Loved it. Richard and Laurie were annoying. Dinesh, Guilfoyle, Jared, Erlich, Russ, Peter, Jinyang...all great characters, but I think Gavin is probably my favorite of the bunch. I'm glad they abandoned the awkward flirting between Richard and Monica because hooking them up would have been super stupid.

highwhey
12-26-2019, 11:38 AM
Why does everyone say the richard and monica romance angle would have been bad? I personally think monica is hot and we deserved to see her getting banged, even if the initial attempt by Richard was an awkward mess bc he's a virgin.