PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland fans: Do you guys miss LeBron?

aburre21
04-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Just wondering. After he left you people were calling him a quitter, saying he's overrated, that he doesn't have what it takes to be great and all sorts of things. So what do you think about Kyrie and not being able to make the playoffs? What do you think about your front office drafting Anthony Bennett first overall? Do you now appreciate Lebron more for what he did in Cleveland? Tell us!

KyrieTheFuture
04-08-2014, 12:44 PM
I miss being good, I don't miss his personality

Edit: To answer your other troll questions, I'm not exactly disappointed Kyrie isn't as good as a top 10 player of all time, and I don't mind the Bennett pick because this is easily the worst draft class of all time.

aburre21
04-08-2014, 12:48 PM

Edit: To answer your other troll questions, I'm not exactly disappointed Kyrie isn't as good as a top 10 player of all time, and I don't mind the Bennett pick because this is easily the worst draft class of all time.

not trolling bro. I honestly wanted to know how you guys feel about what has happened to your franchise.

tmacattack33
04-08-2014, 12:49 PM
:roll:

BrownEye007
04-08-2014, 03:11 PM
I'm glad we picked Bennett. Only player I might have wanted more is Noel. Oladipo would just take minutes away from Waiters who I really hope to keep.

Meticode
04-08-2014, 03:22 PM
I missed sucking and being the under-dog every single game. I'm glad the Cavs are back where they were made to be, at the bottom.:cheers:

aburre21
04-08-2014, 03:29 PM
I missed sucking and being the under-dog every single game. I'm glad the Cavs are back where they were made to be, at the bottom.:cheers:

:coleman:

toneloc103
04-08-2014, 03:29 PM
I miss winning.....

cos88
04-08-2014, 03:39 PM

http://www.ultraimg.com/images/X49qg.gif

RoundMoundOfReb
04-08-2014, 03:50 PM
:roll: :roll:

Meticode
04-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Actually I know a lot of people who love going to Cincy, being born and from there I'm bais of course, but they've done a ton with that riverfront the last two decades.

http://www.rightwayscs.com/cincy_skyline.jpg

Great riverfront, baseball/football/arena all in the same area, undergrond railroad museum, fountain square down town with plenty of eatiers and bars...

http://cdn.urbancincy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Fountain-Square-Music-Fashion-Show.jpg

accross the river you have one of the best aqariums in the world Newport Aquarium.

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/6388819-md.jpg

Every year around Labor Day they have some of hte biggest fireworks display in the country with the WEBN Fireworks...

http://www.cincinnatiusa.com/AttractionPICS/wpt_1364681872.jpg

Cincinnati Museum...

http://www.planetware.com/photos-large/ohio-cincinnati-museum-center.jpg

AirFederer
04-08-2014, 04:10 PM
B-b-b-but Wilt doe!

aburre21
05-14-2014, 11:46 AM
bump

sd3035
05-14-2014, 11:56 AM
They should, it was the only moment in recent history when their city was somewhat relevant

DukeDelonte13
05-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Cincy is gross. Full of rednecks and crack.

But to answer OP i miss the cavs being a top team, don't miss Bron's personality.

Nobody in their right mind at any point and time could have ever said Kyrie is a top 10 talent in the NBA. He's good, but IMO he's not a guy you can build a championship team around.

Bennet pick? :confusedshrug: Jury's still out. Len sucks and is breaking down, Noel hasn't played yet, Otto Porter was a big disappointment and those were some of the other guys the cavs fan base really wanted.

I guess we could have had oladipo but he would have been our THIRD 6'3'' guard taken with a top 5 pick 3 years in a row.

But i'm currently disgusted with the franchise and Dan Gilbert. They should have given Grant and Brown more time.

Impatience will destroy a franchise.

Meticode
05-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Never met any rednecks. I lived in a black neighborhood that had one of the highest violent crime per capita rate in the U.S in the 90s. The downtown area past Main Street was inner downtown, then once you went past Main Street away from the downtown area that's where you got into the urban areas with drugs and violence. They've done a ton of stuff since the 90s though to revitalize the area.

When's the last time you went to Cincy?

RedBlackAttack
05-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Obvious troll thread, but I'll play along...

1. The thing that is obviously missed about the James years is continuing the basketball season into May and June. Outside of that, I actually like our current team more, just from a personality standpoint.

2. I don't miss the ridiculous amount of bandwagon fans that came along with the best player in the league. They'd routinely make the whole fanbase look foolish and as if we only cared about James... but, really, that's all they cared about and, as soon as he was gone, they predictably went with him. I like the group we have on here now. We don't always agree on everything, but we're all true Cavs fans.

3. It was nice getting tons of nationally televised games and large chunks of time on every sports talk show, national articles, etc. That is a double-edged sword, though. With all that publicity during those years brought with it added criticism as we try to rebuild.

4. I don't think anyone expected Kyrie to be a Top 10 player in the NBA at 21. Hell, most people thought he'd be just OK when he was drafted. A decently large segment thought he'd bust completely and that we should have taken Derrick Williams. Amazing how opinions twist and turn in just a couple years. If you would have told me when he was drafted that he'd be as good as he is right now this soon in his career, I would have taken it in a second. Apparently, the hype got so out-of-control that people were expecting a lot more. He's not there yet... doesn't mean he won't eventually get there.

5. The Bennett pick still has plenty of time to work itself out. I used to know the statistics off-hand, but I think every game he played this past season wherein he got over 20 minutes, he scored in double-figures and a few were double-doubles. He only played over 20 minutes 7-8 times all season, though. Fact is, most people still really haven't seen him play. They've seen lowlight compilations on YT or a few plays here and there. Bennett has a nice ceiling and it was an awful draft.

HEAT111
05-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Obvious troll thread, but I'll play along...

1. The thing that is obviously missed about the James years is continuing the basketball season into May and June. Outside of that, I actually like our current team more, just from a personality standpoint.

2. I don't miss the ridiculous amount of bandwagon fans that came along with the best player in the league. They'd routinely make the whole fanbase look foolish and as if we only cared about James... but, really, that's all they cared about and, as soon as he was gone, they predictably went with him. I like the group we have on here now. We don't always agree on everything, but we're all true Cavs fans.

3. It was nice getting tons of nationally televised games and large chunks of time on every sports talk show, national articles, etc. That is a double-edged sword, though. With all that publicity during those years brought with it added criticism as we try to rebuild.

4. I don't think anyone expected Kyrie to be a Top 10 player in the NBA at 21. Hell, most people thought he'd be just OK when he was drafted. A decently large segment thought he'd bust completely and that we should have taken Derrick Williams. Amazing how opinions twist and turn in just a couple years. If you would have told me when he was drafted that he'd be as good as he is right now this soon in his career, I would have taken it in a second. Apparently, the hype got so out-of-control that people were expecting a lot more. He's not there yet... doesn't mean he won't eventually get there.

5. The Bennett pick still has plenty of time to work itself out. I used to know the statistics off-hand, but I think every game he played this past season wherein he got over 20 minutes, he scored in double-figures and a few were double-doubles. He only played over 20 minutes 7-8 times all season, though. Fact is, most people still really haven't seen him play. They've seen lowlight compilations on YT or a few plays here and there. Bennett has a nice ceiling and it was an awful draft.

So you enjoyed the success of your organization by the expense of a player? Do you appreciate what Lebron has done for the organization before the Decision?

red1
05-14-2014, 03:26 PM

:cheers: Truly a blessing to dump all of the silkk-caliber retards onto the laps of heat fans. Its equivalent to dropping a turd after hours of constipation.

imdaman99
05-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Let me answer this for them. I'm sure they miss the fact that they were always gonna be in the playoffs because bran simply made them contenders.

What they don't miss is the choking or coming up short that bran majored in. He was not winning a ring there, unless he got some free agents to come in. Let's face it, Wade and Bosh were not coming to Cleveland so they convinced him to jump ship and leave them high and dry. He couldn't even give them a hint that he is likely leaving if they don't get better players? He pretty much "Carrie'd" them with the decision. He got them to go up on stage thinking they won prom queen and then he dropped pig's blood on them. Made them laughing stocks. Very disrespectful.

No, they shouldn't miss him and his shenanigans.

RedBlackAttack
05-14-2014, 03:56 PM
So you enjoyed the success of your organization by the expense of a player? Do you appreciate what Lebron has done for the organization before the Decision?
I appreciated his talent on the basketball court and still do. I don't really understand the question though. What do you mean, "at the expense of a player?" He was sort of doing his job, no? The same way I get up every day and go to work?

If you are implying that playing in Cleveland somehow "cost" James something, I'd argue that it was a mutually beneficial work environment. He got the perfect narrative for a young guy trying to build his "brand" or whatever it is these guys concern themselves with these days and we got five years of good basketball.

I still don't like the guy and I'm actually staunchly against the idea of him coming back... not that he would, but in theory. I think he's a better fit in the city of Miami and I don't say that as a slight.

Meanwhile, this franchise has to look forward, not back.

HEAT111
05-14-2014, 04:14 PM
I appreciated his talent on the basketball court and still do. I don't really understand the question though. What do you mean, "at the expense of a player?" He was sort of doing his job, no? The same way I get up every day and go to work?

If you are implying that playing in Cleveland somehow "cost" James something, I'd argue that it was a mutually beneficial work environment. He got the perfect narrative for a young guy trying to build his "brand" or whatever it is these guys concern themselves with these days and we got five years of good basketball.

I still don't like the guy and I'm actually staunchly against the idea of him coming back... not that he would, but in theory. I think he's a better fit in the city of Miami and I don't say that as a slight.

Actually, you just answered every thing.

chips93
05-14-2014, 04:20 PM
Just wondering. After he left you people were calling him a quitter, saying he's overrated, that he doesn't have what it takes to be great and all sorts of things. So what do you think about Kyrie and not being able to make the playoffs? What do you think about your front office drafting Anthony Bennett first overall? Do you now appreciate Lebron more for what he did in Cleveland? Tell us!

i dont remember saying any of those things

215Philly
05-14-2014, 04:26 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

RedBlackAttack
05-14-2014, 04:27 PM
i dont remember saying any of those things
It's easier to debate a strawman rather than actual Cavs fans. I don't remember any Cavs fans (PB trolling the board doesn't count) questioning his ability on the basketball court. Overrated? Who said that? I challenge OP to find the posts to support his generalizations.

lakerfreak
05-14-2014, 04:34 PM
My neighbor is a cavs fan and is optimistic about a future that involves Irving. Dude has a chance to be a superstar (if not already). Just needs a starting lineup that will mold well with what he can offer, and a coach that can add a little more structure offensively.

Jailblazers7
05-14-2014, 04:38 PM

:oldlol:

Yeah, Cincy isn't a city I would visit for anything other than work but the downtown area is decent and there are some good food spots on Vine St. Overall that city is poor as shit tho, kind of depressing. I checked out Jungle Jim's based on your recommendation too and it was awesome, forgot to say thanks for that.

pastis
05-14-2014, 04:47 PM
give dallas kyrie and deng, we will give u calderon, dalambert and cash

win win situation. cleveland staying at he bottom and mavs getting better

RedBlackAttack
05-14-2014, 04:52 PM
give dallas kyrie and deng, we will give u calderon, dalambert and cash

win win situation. cleveland staying at he bottom and mavs getting better
Deng will be a FA July 1st. Feel free to overpay for him. I hope we don't try to, because he looked pretty awful for the majority of his time here.

pastis
05-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Deng will be a FA July 1st. Feel free to overpay for him. I hope we don't try to, because he looked pretty awful for the majority of his time here.

right. hes a max 8 mio player

chips93
05-14-2014, 04:59 PM

there is an awful lot of wear on his body

id stay away altogether

DukeDelonte13
05-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Never met any rednecks. I lived in a black neighborhood that had one of the highest violent crime per capita rate in the U.S in the 90s. The downtown area past Main Street was inner downtown, then once you went past Main Street away from the downtown area that's where you got into the urban areas with drugs and violence. They've done a ton of stuff since the 90s though to revitalize the area.

When's the last time you went to Cincy?

I went to school in Dayton. I had a lot of buddies from cinci and the surronding area. i was in mason last summer but my sister lived in st. bernard kinda near Xavier for a few years, between 2004 to 2009. Her area was more black like you say, but IMO the white people of cincinati and the greater cinci area are all hicks. It's a lot more conservative down there, you got way more of those real wacky non-denominational fundamental christians down there, whereas Cle and Toledo are more liberal, ethnic and catholic.

Southern Ohio is just different... Cle is more like Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Detroit and Cinci is more like louisville or memphis IMO.

DukeDelonte13
05-14-2014, 05:14 PM
:oldlol:

Yeah, Cincy isn't a city I would visit for anything other than work but the downtown area is decent and there are some good food spots on Vine St. Overall that city is poor as shit tho, kind of depressing. I checked out Jungle Jim's based on your recommendation too and it was awesome, forgot to say thanks for that.

jungle jims is like a food museum/exhibition that you can go shopping at. I wish Cle had a jungle jims.

RedBlackAttack
05-14-2014, 05:15 PM
He was run into the ground in Chicago. They really used him up, based on what I saw. He's still a good defensive player with some pet shots in his arsenal, but no way is he a guy I'd even consider for a max contract.

Proceed at your own risk.

FatComputerNerd
05-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Of course we do.

Regardless of how mad we were when he left, or how many of us may or may not still hate him, how could we not miss him???

:(

I think this video (http://vimeo.com/29608045) that Meticode made a few years back captured how most of us felt/feel pretty well. I still can't watch it without getting teary-eyed.

He seems to have made it private on Youtube...perhaps copyright issues.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235448

DukeDelonte13
05-14-2014, 05:20 PM
one kinda funny/sad thing you'll notice if you've watched enough games is how kinda sad AC has gotten over the past years.. You definitely hear his frustration with team come out more and more it seems.

I miss when Fred used to scream "LEBRON" in a really quick loud yelping manner whenever Lebron would have a dunk. :oldlol:

Tarik One
05-14-2014, 05:23 PM

It's like taking an ex-gf after she kicked you to the curb for someone else for a few years. No thanks.

RedBlackAttack
05-14-2014, 05:28 PM
I went to school in Dayton. I had a lot of buddies from cinci and the surronding area. i was in mason last summer but my sister lived in st. bernard kinda near Xavier for a few years, between 2004 to 2009. Her area was more black like you say, but IMO the white people of cincinati and the greater cinci area are all hicks. It's a lot more conservative down there, you got way more of those real wacky non-denominational fundamental christians down there, whereas Cle and Toledo are more liberal, ethnic and catholic.

Southern Ohio is just different... Cle is more like Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Detroit and Cinci is more like louisville or memphis IMO.
Exactly right. I'm good friends with someone from Portsmouth, which is on the Ohio/Ky border. It is like a completely different world in the southern part of Ohio. Even their accents are completely different.

Very conservative and even the big cities like Cincinnati have more of a rural feel about them. It's far more like Kentucky than it is like NE Ohio.

DukeDelonte13
05-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Exactly right. I'm good friends with someone from Portsmouth, which is on the Ohio/Ky border. It is like a completely different world in the southern part of Ohio. Even their accents are completely different.

Very conservative and even the big cities like Cincinnati have more of a rural feel about them. It's far more like Kentucky than it is like NE Ohio.

yeah i'm just kinda joking around about the rednecks and crack thing.. cinci's alright just not what i'm used to :oldlol:

poido123
05-14-2014, 05:41 PM

Not to boast or anything, but we were relieved to see Deng go.

He is still a solid player, but he's heading into the last year or two of his prime, then he should probably decline pretty rapidly with the miles in his legs.

I would be concerned to pay him 8 mill a year for a new contract. Only if it's a 2 year deal would I do that. Hope Cavaliers management are smart enough to do this and not give him a 4 or 5 year deal at 7-8 million.

RedBlackAttack
05-14-2014, 05:59 PM

He is still a solid player, but he's heading into the last year or two of his prime, then he should probably decline pretty rapidly with the miles in his legs.

I would be concerned to pay him 8 mill a year for a new contract. Only if it's a 2 year deal would I do that. Hope Cavaliers management are smart enough to do this and not give him a 4 or 5 year deal at 7-8 million.
I don't know how serious and how recoverable his current injury is. Maybe he was just playing hurt, but he already looks like he has fallen off the cliff to me. Bulls let go at just the right time, though they did reportedly offer him a 3-year, $30 million contract that he turned down before leaving. That is far too much for what I've seen.

Bet he wishes he took it now. Then again, maybe some dumb franchise will overpay him even more.

poido123
05-14-2014, 06:10 PM
I don't know how serious and how recoverable his current injury is. Maybe he was just playing hurt, but he already looks like he has fallen off the cliff to me. Bulls let go at just the right time, though they did reportedly offer him a 3-year, $30 million contract that he turned down before leaving. That is far too much for what I've seen.

Bet he wishes he took it now. Then again, maybe some dumb franchise will overpay him even more.

:eek:

I'm concerned the Bulls management would offer such a contract. Even though it didn't happen, I have to ask what were they thinking? :facepalm

Anyways, for your team's sake I hope they let him walk and move forward. I think part of it is he was disattisfied with the lockeroom unrest that took place during the season. Reports were saying that he was concerned at the professionalism of the club, which to me suggests that he will be leaving anyways.

As far as this thread goes, I think alot of Cleveland fans were disappointed that Lebron didn't follow through with his promises, moreso than being the butthurt ex-girlfriend. I think they are relieved to not have all the annoying Lebron fans that follow him and that want to see the franchise move forward in a positive direction without him.

Tarik One
05-14-2014, 06:44 PM

Thibs and Skiles ran the dogpiss out of him. Plus he can't beat guys off the dribble or get to the rim without slashing. He'll be a one-dimensional spot-up shooter in a couple years. Who wants to pay max money for that?

RedBlackAttack
05-14-2014, 08:21 PM
:eek:

I'm concerned the Bulls management would offer such a contract. Even though it didn't happen, I have to ask what were they thinking? :facepalm

Anyways, for your team's sake I hope they let him walk and move forward. I think part of it is he was disattisfied with the lockeroom unrest that took place during the season. Reports were saying that he was concerned at the professionalism of the club, which to me suggests that he will be leaving anyways.

As far as this thread goes, I think alot of Cleveland fans were disappointed that Lebron didn't follow through with his promises, moreso than being the butthurt ex-girlfriend. I think they are relieved to not have all the annoying Lebron fans that follow him and that want to see the franchise move forward in a positive direction without him.

Very little interest in retaining Deng. Who'd of thought at the beginning of the season that Spencer Hawes would be a more high priority signing for the Cavs than Luol Deng? :oldlol:

I do think Hawes works well with Kyrie/Dion's ability to get to the basket. In the right system, his shooting ability could be pretty lethal.

As for James, the failed promises thing may have played a small part in my initial disappointment, but I always knew there was a relatively reasonable probability he would leave.

The way he chose to go about his free agency overshadowed everything else, however. He was just the definition of a douche bag and I seriously doubt he gets why, even today.

These guys can surround themselves with friends and "yes" men who will tell them what they want to hear. The idea that anyone with half a brain thought that things were being handled well is pretty telling. From ripping off his Cavs' jersey while walking off the floor to the whole public "GM summit" that went on for weeks where he'd have opposing GMs march through downtown Cleveland to give presentations to James, through 'The Decision' to everything that followed over the next year (publicly clowning the Cavs on Twitter during a blowout, basically saying "my life is better than your life" after the Mavs loss in the Finals, etc).

....too much has happened for me to really be able to look back on James' years in Cleveland with nostalgia the way we should be able to. Those were some fun teams. I really wish he hadn't have worked so hard to make me dislike him. Once that switch is flipped, there's usually no going back. Just don't like the guy.

Thibs and Skiles ran the dogpiss out of him. Plus he can't beat guys off the dribble or get to the rim without slashing. He'll be a one-dimensional spot-up shooter in a couple years. Who wants to pay max money for that?

Yep.

People look at his age and assume he still has several prime years left. He doesn't. In fact, I doubt he'll ever be the player he was a couple of years ago again in his career.

He played tons of minutes and through a lot of injuries in Chicago. It shows.

I can't imagine anyone reviewing the game tapes of his short stint in Cleveland and thinking it's a good idea to give him a longterm contract. He will very quickly become an albatross for some unwitting fanbase.