PDA

View Full Version : George Hill Talks About The Pacer's Struggles....

Dro
04-08-2014, 03:26 PM
http://www.indystar.com/videos/sports/nba/pacers/2014/04/07/7443561/

Hill's show at Kilroy's last night. To sum it up for those who can't watch...

- Team really is tired, says back to back is like staying out at the bars until 3 AM then going to work the next morning.

- Team spends more time together than family. The relationship are in no way cracked, just stretched. It happens.

- Praises the fans, but says booing doesn't help. This is a tough time and the team needs them more now.

- At the beginning the city loved us and we were "gods" and now we're awful? This is still a great team.

- How we played early gave us this cushion. We didn't want to play this bad for this long, but we're still a top team in East.

- Playoffs are completely different. More rest, no back to backs and the Pacers can really zero in on a team.

Hill seems very genuine when saying essentially, everything will be fine, we're getting better it's just little things.

J Shuttlesworth
04-08-2014, 03:29 PM
This could end up helping them. If they get angry over the bad press and take it out on the Heat instead of watching King of The Hill, they can still do some damage in the ECF.

Connor B
04-08-2014, 03:31 PM
But everything he said is true for all other top teams throughout history. Their slump is not a typical slump like all teams have, they are practically falling off a cliff. Also, while they are tired, I feel it is really important for them to go for the 1st seed because Heat home court will make that series more difficult than it already will be.

Dro
04-08-2014, 03:41 PM
But everything he said is true for all other top teams throughout history. Their slump is not a typical slump like all teams have, they are practically falling off a cliff. Also, while they are tired, I feel it is really important for them to go for the 1st seed because Heat home court will make that series more difficult than it already will be.
I agree with you. Its definitely not a typical slump but hopefully they can come out of it...I still have my doubts although this is encouraging..

Legends66NBA7
04-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Shouldn't have traded Granger. I've said it before, he was the leader of the team. No way he lets them fall out of line like this.

Dro
04-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Shouldn't have traded Granger. I've said it before, he was the leader of the team. No way he lets them fall out of line like this.
I agree with this also...

Connor B
04-08-2014, 03:53 PM

This. And I don't understand why they did, Evan Turner is not an improvement.

Dro
04-09-2014, 09:08 AM
So, you're being objective here then you make a thread completely non-objective today...:confusedshrug:

JohnFreeman
04-09-2014, 09:11 AM
George Hill isn't a great point guard

aj1987
04-09-2014, 09:20 AM
George Hill isn't a great point guard
He isn't even a good PG. He's mediocre at best.

scm5
04-09-2014, 11:24 AM
This. And I don't understand why they did, Evan Turner is not an improvement.

Durability maybe

Dro
04-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Hill's not a PG at all...He's a scoring/combo guard..He's not a setup guy which is why he always looks uncomfortable out there running the team...Been saying he should play off the ball for the longest and just focus on scoring...

Mass Debator
04-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Super genuine. Even though I don't like him on the Pacers, he's got my respect. He'd be effective as hell back on the Spurs.

Dro
04-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Super genuine. Even though I don't like him on the Pacers, he's got my respect. He'd be effective as hell back on the Spurs.
Yeah, good point...They also have a great system...

Smoke117
04-09-2014, 06:35 PM
George Hill should shut up. He's basically the main piece from putting them over the top for a championship. He's not as bad as he used to be, but he has no Point Guard skills. He dribbles about 10 secs of the clock away. The Pacers really don't have that big of window either with West getting old. They really need a real Point Guard.

CarlosBoozer
04-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Hill is a terrible fit for the Pacers.

TheReal Kendall
04-09-2014, 06:45 PM
I think they'll get it together come playoffs.

I agree that Hill would fit better with the Spurs also