PDA

View Full Version : Are Heat Fans Scared of Brooklyn?

AirTupac
04-09-2014, 01:59 AM
Are they trying to avoid Brooklyn at all costs in the playoffs?

sportjames23
04-09-2014, 02:00 AM
SHOOK. Shook is what they are. :lol

inclinerator
04-09-2014, 02:01 AM
i hope they play them would be boring if they dont face the brooklyn and pacers

Legends66NBA7
04-09-2014, 02:02 AM
Nobody in the NBA is scared of Brooklyn. Nobody.

JT123
04-09-2014, 02:03 AM
If Wade doesn't play then yes. If Wade plays, not at all. :lol

Batz
04-09-2014, 02:04 AM
Nobody in the NBA scared of Brooklyn. Nobody.
Pretty much this.

poido123
04-09-2014, 02:14 AM

I think they should be a little concerned.

Nets still playing without KG and AK, two guys who will certainly help in the playoffs.

Nets have the offense and defense to be competitive with Heat.

Oops AK played, but only 10 minutes so he is still getting his legs..

moe94
04-09-2014, 02:16 AM

I don't know. They're looking pretty legit out there.

Legends66NBA7
04-09-2014, 02:22 AM
I think they should be a little concerned.

Nets still playing without KG and AK, two guys who will certainly help in the playoffs.

Nets have the offense and defense to be competitive with Heat.

What difference is KG going to make ? :confusedshrug: The Nets play better without him playing center. KG would have to come off the bench now, his impact will only be defense, he's pretty much useless on offense. AK would actually help the bench a bit more. This team is still inconsistent on the road and on rebounding.

As for offense and defense, that would be the Raptors. The Heat and Raptors are the only 2 teams in the East that rank both Top 10 in offense and defense. The Nets match up better, though.

Chicago, if you factor in experience and playoff intensity would absolutely be a much bigger threat than Brooklyn. Infact, I have no doubt that Chicago beats them again in these up coming playoffs, especially if they are the ones who HCA.

Infact, why isn't Washington more of a threat than Brooklyn ? They have young guards, who guards Wall ? Their front court is a big concern too, especially if Nene comes back. They have players on their team that have been to Finals runs (Ariza and Gortat). They seem to have just us much of a chance as any 3-6 seed.

Legends66NBA7
04-09-2014, 02:25 AM
I don't know. They're looking pretty legit out there.

They are the legit case of a team that makes some impressive wins, then will do the polar opposite against another team.

Remember the New York game ? Or the Washington game ?

I really don't know how Brooklyn gets all this hype to "scarring" Miami.

CarlosBoozer
04-09-2014, 02:26 AM
They're streaky, that's all I'm going to say.

poido123
04-09-2014, 02:31 AM
What difference is KG going to make ? :confusedshrug: The Nets play better without him playing center. KG would have to come off the bench now, his impact will only be defense, he's pretty much useless on offense. AK would actually help the bench a bit more. This team is still inconsistent on the road and on rebounding.

As for offense and defense, that would be the Raptors. The Heat and Raptors are the only 2 teams in the East that rank both Top 10 in offense and defense. The Nets match up better, though.

Chicago, if you factor in experience and playoff intensity would absolutely be a much bigger threat than Brooklyn. Infact, I have no doubt that Chicago beats them again in these up coming playoffs, especially if they are the ones who HCA.

Infact, why isn't Washington more of a threat than Brooklyn ? They have young guards, who guards Wall ? Their front court is a big concern too, especially if Nene comes back. They have players on their team that have been to Finals runs (Ariza and Gortat). They seem to have just us much of a chance as any 3-6 seed.

I do recall KG taking it easy in the reg season while he was with the Celtics, before turning it on in the playoffs.

I do believe he has declined but I don't believe his offensive game is gone though. His offense doesn't rely on athleticism and I think his energy and enthusiasm will translate to better play in the playoffs.

You don't simply lose a money 17 footer, he will come good IMO.

All Net
04-09-2014, 02:33 AM
They could give them issues but would be like last year 5 tough game series like they had with Bulls last year

Legends66NBA7
04-09-2014, 02:39 AM
I do recall KG taking it easy in the reg season while he was with the Celtics, before turning it on in the playoffs.

I do believe he has declined but I don't believe his offensive game is gone though. His offense doesn't rely on athleticism and I think his energy and enthusiasm will translate to better play in the playoffs.

You don't simply lose a money 17 footer, he will come good IMO.

I actually agree with his jumper. Nets KG just isn't Celtics KG. Even in last year's playoffs, he just wasn't all that great despite his rebounding numbers would suggest (there was a lot of chucking in that series).

Personally, I think he's close to done. He really should retire after this season.

Harison
04-09-2014, 02:46 AM
I dont think scared is the right word. Heat would prefer to avoid them though, same as any other team.

Legends66NBA7
04-09-2014, 02:55 AM
I dont think scared is the right word. Heat would prefer to avoid them though, same as any other team.

Their the 2 time champs and haven't lost to an Eastern Conference team in the big 3 era. There's no reason to "avoid" anyone. Why would they even think of such a thing ?

As for the other teams, the Bulls I'm sure wouldn't want to "avoid" a rematch against the Nets. Infact, they would welcome it with open arms. There's already been a Nets vs Raptors rivalry brewing since the conclusion of their regular season series.

If this is all about regular season records, Indiana is 4-0 vs the Nets. Washington is 3-0 vs the Nets. Why would they want to avoid a team that's inconsistent on the road and weak in rebounding ?

poido123
04-09-2014, 03:08 AM
Their the 2 time champs and haven't lost to an Eastern Conference team in the big 3 era. There's no reason to "avoid" anyone. Why would they even think of such a thing ?

As for the other teams, the Bulls I'm sure wouldn't want to "avoid" a rematch against the Nets. Infact, they would welcome it with open arms. There's already been a Nets vs Raptors rivalry brewing since the conclusion of their regular season series.

If this is all about regular season records, Indiana is 4-0 vs the Nets. Washington is 3-0 vs the Nets. Why would they want to avoid a team that's inconsistent on the road and weak in rebounding ?

Depending on matchups, Nets having to go through the Bulls is a bummer. They might be too gassed to put up a fight if they have to play the Heat fter Chicago IF they do in fact beat them.

aj1987
04-09-2014, 03:11 AM
Depending on matchups, Nets having to go through the Bulls is a bummer. They might be too gassed to put up a fight if they have to play the Heat fter Chicago IF they do in fact beat them.
Do you EVER give the Heat ANY credit? **** the Nets. They are gonna get curb stomped in the Playoffs, if they meet the Heat. Just like the Bulls. The Nets are going through a decent stretch, but lets not act like they have ANY chance of beating the Heat.

poido123
04-09-2014, 03:28 AM
Do you EVER give the Heat ANY credit? **** the Nets. They are gonna get curb stomped in the Playoffs, if they meet the Heat. Just like the Bulls. The Nets are going through a decent stretch, but lets not act like they have ANY chance of beating the Heat.

I do.

But in small doses, there's enough love for them. They are the reigning two time champion and have a throng of fans now. Just have a look at every Heat game thread..

dannysc305
04-09-2014, 03:46 AM
This Heat fan isn't scared of Brooklyn

I actually want them to plays us in the postseason

So that we can do them like we did the Knicks that year they came in with all that reg season hype

Want to prove the sweep was a fluke

Which it kinda was

3 1pt games & an OT

JohnFreeman
04-09-2014, 03:49 AM
They probably don't want to see them in the playoffs, but they aren't scared of them.

Angel Face
04-09-2014, 04:06 AM
They probably don't want to see them in the playoffs, but they aren't scared of them.

You took zigzags just to tell us that they're scared. You could have been more honest and direct, just plainly say that they're scared.

JohnFreeman
04-09-2014, 04:10 AM
You took zigzags just to tell us that they're scared. You could have been more honest and direct, just plainly say that they're scared.
No I didn't? Any team would rather play against Washington or Toronto, rather then Brooklyn. Doesn't mean they are scared.

LEFT4DEAD
04-09-2014, 04:14 AM
LoL this all reminds me of the first season of big 3. Bulls and Celtics have won a regular season series just to lose 4-1 in the playoffs. I wouldnt be surprised to see the same thing this year with Brooklyn.

dude77
04-09-2014, 04:14 AM
yeah yeah yeah .. we've seen all this before .. chicago kicked miami's ass in the regular season then miami proceeded to have them for lunch in the playoffs .. brooklyn ain't shit .. when miami turns it on, they're gonna ass fk brooklyn .. miami in 5

JohnFreeman
04-09-2014, 04:17 AM
LoL this all reminds me of the first season of big 3. Bulls and Celtics have won a regular season series just to lose 4-1 in the playoffs. I wouldnt be surprised to see the same thing this year with Brooklyn.
Exactly.

wally_world
04-09-2014, 05:32 AM
The Nets and Bulls hate the Heat so much they'll just find a way to raise their game. I love it :lol

aj1987
04-09-2014, 09:22 AM
I do.

But in small doses, there's enough love for them. They are the reigning two time champion and have a throng of fans now. Just have a look at every Heat game thread..
I actually stopped. I was even creating the GT's for a while, but those threads are like a ****** magnet.

edrick
04-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Yeah, no.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-09-2014, 09:43 AM
I would love for the Heat to play the Nets in the playoffs. Heat take that series in 5 max.

HylianNightmare
04-09-2014, 09:45 AM
doubt they win more than 2 games against the heat in the playoffs

Mr. Incredible
04-09-2014, 09:50 AM
I absolutely hope the Heat play them. A championship won without playing them would be disappointing after losing to them 4 times, with three of them being by 1 point.

And let's be real, Miami isn't scared of anyone.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Kang will have no mercy for these biatches. i think we will see a series of 35 PPG from Bron either against the Pacers or the Nets.
not to mention season series would be 2-2 if the refs didnt cheat for Brooklyn twice.:coleman:

imdaman99
04-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Heat fans? What are those? Don't think they exist :biggums:
Are Branstans scared of them? Absolutely not, as long as someone else beats them for him.

KrizMiz
04-09-2014, 10:23 AM
I say Yes! because they give the heat trouble

Marlo_Stanfield
04-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Heat fans? What are those? Don't think they exist :biggums:
Are Branstans scared of them? Absolutely not, as long as someone else beats them for him.
:facepalm :facepalm

zoom17
04-09-2014, 10:48 AM
I would want to face the Nets in the playoffs there going to be so cocky if we face them in the playoffs.

Legends66NBA7
04-09-2014, 12:00 PM
No I didn't? Any team would rather play against Washington or Toronto, rather then Brooklyn. Doesn't mean they are scared.

And outside of Miami, that will be someone's downfall.

People will vastly underrate both Washington and Toronto. Their going to be a tough 1st and 2nd round exit.

Solefade
04-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Bulls are going to take out the Nets.

sd3035
04-09-2014, 12:07 PM
As a Heat fan, I'm rather concerned, especially after seeing Lebron choke again at the end of the game. If only Lebron were clutch like Durant or Plumlee :(

AirTupac
04-09-2014, 12:11 PM
As a Heat fan, I'm rather concerned, especially after seeing Lebron choke again at the end of the game. If only Lebron were clutch like Durant or Plumlee :(

A true heat fan, speaking his mind :cheers:

SpecialQue
04-09-2014, 02:34 PM
They're streaky, that's all I'm going to say.

Like Lebron's panties after last night's block?

SamuraiSWISH
04-09-2014, 02:35 PM
As a Bulls fan I'm worried. JJ, Pierce both have game, and step it up in the playoffs.

Legends66NBA7
04-09-2014, 02:40 PM
As a Bulls fan I'm worried. JJ, Pierce both have game, and step it up in the playoffs.

Old Pierce ? Sure. But he was terrible in the previous playoffs, perhaps it was him doing too much. He's still a good spot up shooter, but that's it. He looks slow and his handles have diminished greatly.

JJ ? He's under performed in almost every single playoff series he's been in. Dude is a flat out choker.

Fact is, the Nets are still an inconsistent road team and their bench gives up a lot of points on defense. I favour the Bulls in the first round matchup if they face the Nets.

SamuraiSWISH
04-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Fact is, the Nets are still an inconsistent road team and their bench gives up a lot of points on defense. I favour the Bulls in the first round matchup if they face the Nets.
I favor them as well, doesn't mean the Nets can't worry me. BK has roughly the same record as Chicago. They turned their season around quite impressively. They have some fire power off the bench. If that team gels, even with Pierce's diminished abilities ... they still have potential. A #4 and #5 seed battling it out is no cake walk. It's the same quality team basically.

Legends66NBA7
04-09-2014, 02:50 PM
I favor them as well, doesn't mean the Nets can't worry me. BK has roughly the same record as Chicago. They turned their season around quite impressively. They have some fire power off the bench. If that team gels, even with Pierce's diminished abilities ... they still have potential. A #4 and #5 seed battling it out is no cake walk. It's the same quality team basically.

True, I get what your saying. The potential rematch should be the best 1st round matchup in the East. Can't wait.

game3524
04-09-2014, 02:59 PM

Except the 2011 Heat are much better then the 2014 Heat. People are seriously falling into the same trap they did with the 2011 Lakers and I am pretty sure after the playoffs when Miami is eliminated, people will realize that this version of the Heat weren't all that good.

sc19
04-09-2014, 04:17 PM
James is SCARED of Pierce since Cavs days.

secund2nun
04-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Miami will beat Brooklyn. Regular season means nothing.

red1
04-09-2014, 04:19 PM
this forum man :roll:

All Net
04-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Yet pierce hasn't beat LeBron since what, 2008?

Crown&Coke
04-09-2014, 04:36 PM
regular season. Everyone gets up to play Miami and they are taking shots right on the chin, every game. The Nets are no different. I don't exactly think Miami is getting amped to play Brooklyn.

But Brooklyn is built to play against Miami. That is going to be the most fun part to watch if they match up in the playoffs.

Legends66NBA7
04-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Yet pierce hasn't beat LeBron since what, 2008?

red1
04-09-2014, 04:39 PM
that was all rondo doe

smoovegittar
04-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Nets-Bulls is gonna have some juice. I'm not sold on the Bull's offense and the Nets have some confidence to be sure. But Nets-Heat? I would be very suprised to see the Nets win that series. Whatever the regular season dictates, I know that the Heat have another gear to hit. I don't see that with the Nets.

Legends66NBA7
04-09-2014, 04:46 PM
that was all rondo doe

Well, the Celtics beat the Cavs.

Nets-Bulls is gonna have some juice. I'm not sold on the Bull's offense and the Nets have some confidence to be sure. But Nets-Heat? I would be very suprised to see the Nets win that series. Whatever the regular season dictates, I know that the Heat have another gear to hit. I don't see that with the Nets.

I think Nets-Bulls will be the best series. Nets have to steal HCA to have a chance vs the Bulls.