PDA

View Full Version : Pretty good chance the top seed in the East wouldn't even be a top 4 seed in the West

ninephive
04-09-2014, 08:34 AM
With Houston continuing to win and the Heat and Pacers continuing to lose, there's a pretty good chance both teams finish under Houston for what would be a 5th seed in the West. And remember, these are teams that get to play the rest of the Eastern conference all year.

Currently: Houston 52-25
Miami 53-24
Indiana 53-25

Flash31
04-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Are ya fn stupid?

The Heat actually have More LOSSES against the East than the West.

The Heat struggle more against the East than the West.

Lets see the hard grind it out,physical games against
Charlotte,Indiana,Chicago,Brooklyn or
offensive high paced,lax d of Pho,Por,Okc,LAL,Sac,Min,Hou,Dal

Aside from the Grizz
The West is not a physical conference

The Heat struggle more with defensive,grind it out physical teams than the Wests high flowing offense

Theres a reason the Heat against
those teams the Game becomes first to 90-100
while against most of west its 100+ and instead of 30-40 point halves its 50-70 pt halves

The Heat would be Top 3 in West Easily

Flash31
04-09-2014, 03:46 PM
And Im sure if a team like Por,Hou,Pho,Dal
had to play grind it out games theyd struggle

Houston especially with IndCha,Bkn,Mia,Chi

Less posessions in the East,more defensive games,
Teams like Chi,Ind would wear Hou out

Hou at Best in the East is 3rd seed

DMAVS41
04-09-2014, 03:50 PM
The sick things...the Pacers honestly might not have made the playoffs in the West.

Sarcastic
04-09-2014, 04:06 PM
The sick things...the Pacers honestly might not have made the playoffs in the West.

:biggums:

qrich
04-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Are ya fn stupid?

Aside from the Grizz

The Heat struggle more with defensive,grind it out physical teams than the Wests high flowing offense

while against most of west its 100+ and instead of 30-40 point halves its 50-70 pt halves

One of the dumbest posts of all time :bowdown:

moe94
04-09-2014, 04:11 PM

Why not show how it's dumb instead of using emoticons like you proved a point? Is that too much?

ninephive
04-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Are ya fn stupid?

Aside from the Grizz

Lol, of course they have more losses. They've played 16 more games against the East than West. This is why you have to look at percentages. The Heat have won 69% of their games against each individual Conference, so I don't buy your "they do worse against East teams" theory.

What I'm saying is there is a good chance that at the end of the season, the top team in the East (record-wise) would fit into the 5-slot in the West and not even have home court advantage in the first round. Add to that the fact that they are playing in a much weaker conference (overall-record wise) ... and I don't think many people are going to dispute this. Literally at every level (the East's best teams, the East's bottom playoff teams, and the East's worst teams all have far far worse records than their West counterparts).

For instance, it works at the bottom as well. The West's worst team would be the 5th-worst team in the East.

ninephive
04-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Why not show how it's dumb instead of using emoticons like you proved a point? Is that too much?
I went ahead and took care of it.

Budadiiii
04-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Are ya fn stupid?

Aside from the Grizz

Stupidest post ever.

:applause: :lol :facepalm :rolleyes: :wtf: :eek: :mad: :sleeping :hammerhead:

qrich
04-09-2014, 04:15 PM

I've been on this wonderful forum long enough to know that emotions > posts.

game3524
04-09-2014, 04:15 PM
The East sucks, I think we all know that.

Legends66NBA7
04-09-2014, 04:20 PM
So if Miami was in the West, who in the West gets swapped over to the East ?

Flash31
04-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Lol, of course they have more losses. They've played 16 more games against the East than West. This is why you have to look at percentages. The Heat have won 69% of their games against each individual Conference, so I don't buy your "they do worse against East teams" theory.

What I'm saying is there is a good chance that at the end of the season, the top team in the East (record-wise) would fit into the 5-slot in the West and not even have home court advantage in the first round. Add to that the fact that they are playing in a much weaker conference (overall-record wise) ... and I don't think many people are going to dispute this. Literally at every level (the East's best teams, the East's bottom playoff teams, and the East's worst teams all have far far worse records than their West counterparts).

For instance, it works at the bottom as well. The West's worst team would be the 5th-worst team in the East.

It doesnt work like that
People just think oh this teams fifth in the West,Theyd be top 2 in East when the records dont get transfered like that

Hou for example woul have a different schedule,playing the defensive East more,traveling a hell of a lot more

Instead of high paced offensive west,theyd go against grind it out,physical east
Maybe theyd have more losses,theyd have to adapt to playing east teams instead of west

red1
04-09-2014, 04:23 PM
if the west is so good it should be a cakewalk for them to win the championship every year no? :lol

ABfor3
04-09-2014, 04:23 PM
If Miami was in the west they would have had a harder time 3peating that's for sure.

moe94
04-09-2014, 04:25 PM
The East sucks, I think we all know that.

Nah, we need more threads pointing out this obvious fact so when the East wins again, they can have their excuses. Even when the East wins, it's only because they had an easier road, after all.

Legends66NBA7
04-09-2014, 04:30 PM
If Miami was in the west they would have had a harder time 3peating that's for sure.

Right, but if that's the case then which Western Conference team would swap over to the East ?

Milbuck
04-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Aside from Houson blowing massive dick, the West is one giant war zone compared to the ****ing playpen that is the Eastern conference.

If the Blazers were to make the finals, their road could potentially be the Rockets, Spurs, OKC, Miami. On a more realistic scenario, OKC could face the Mavs, Clippers, Spurs, and Miami.

With all that being said, even considering how tough the West overall is, we can't ignore the fact of the day - the Houston Rockets blow sweaty, veiny, gargantuan dong. Miami would certainly be a 4 seed, at worst.

Flash31
04-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Right, but if that's the case then which Western Conference team would swap over to the East ?

Lakers,Clippers or Portland

Its only fair.Miami would have to travel at minimum twice as long as any team in the league.

Imagine the west coast teams having to travel to Ny/BKn,Tor,Orl,Cha,DC
to play 4 times a year in conference

An instead of the OKC,GS,Dal,Min,Sac,Pho o
they get the Chi,Ind,Det,Cha,Bkn physical defense

Wed have people complaining about its not fair,
if they were in the lax d west theyd have a better record

Its like the 60s,70s, 80s,90s all over again where the top East teams and playoffs were way harder
The 80s Lakers had cakewalk po compared to the Celtics,Pistons,Bulls

Cone
04-09-2014, 05:04 PM

that kid is a retard. leave him be :lol

Brizzly
04-09-2014, 05:12 PM
if the west is so good it should be a cakewalk for them to win the championship every year no? :lol

Since the end of MJ's era the west has won 10 times in 15 seasons.

IncarceratedBob
04-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Teams in the West don't win every year because they have to go through the WEST to get to the Finals. You idiot.

If the Spurs were in the East they would win the Finals every year and sweep the East playoffs more often than not.

Sarcastic
04-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Since the end of MJ's era the west has won 10 times in 15 seasons.

Pretty arbitrary number of years to use.

If you just use the past 10 years, it's 5 to 5.

DMAVS41
04-09-2014, 06:19 PM

It would be close. Think about the fatigue factor the Pacers are facing now...imagine them having to work harder on a near nightly basis playing quality West teams for 52 games a year rather than 30.

It could easily be worth 5 to 7 wins over the course of a season to have to play better teams and try harder. The Pacers collapse might have happened sooner.

They'd be a 6 seed at best in the West.

red1
04-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Teams in the West don't win every year because they have to go through the WEST to get to the Finals. You idiot.

If the Spurs were in the East they would win the Finals every year and sweep the East playoffs more often than not.
:kobe:

Draz
04-09-2014, 06:23 PM
That's what I thought.

YouGotServed
04-09-2014, 06:40 PM
The East 1st seed would be 4th in the West. Their 3rd seed wouldn't even be in the playoffs in the West. Why are people still denying the West is the superior conference?

:yaohappy: It's kind of embarrassing, just stop.

Brizzly
04-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Pretty arbitrary number of years to use.

If you just use the past 10 years, it's 5 to 5.

nah, past 15 sounds better to me.

10-5 advantage West.

dude77
04-09-2014, 07:25 PM

excuses you fggt .. if the west was so great, they would be bitch slapping whoever comes out of the east .. going through 'tougher' competition doesn't make you a worse team you ****in' retard .. if anything, you're more battle tested

KyrieTheFuture
04-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Nobody in the west plays defense it's just a bunch of terribly run teams trying to outscore eachother as quickly as possible. The West is harder but saying it's significantly so is just incorrect. Nobody outside the Spurs Thunder and maybe Clippers are remotely close to being elite.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-09-2014, 07:28 PM
If the West was so good, why couldn't they win the ASG :confusedshrug:
We all saw them giving it their all, so why couldn't they do it? It's because the West is filled with soft teams that chuck threes all game long.

christian1923
04-09-2014, 07:29 PM
I can't live in a world where the clippers are champions.

PsychoBe
04-09-2014, 07:30 PM
If the West was so good, why couldn't they win the ASG :confusedshrug:
We all saw them giving it their all, so why couldn't they do it? It's because the West is filled with soft teams that chuck threes all game long.

kobe and westbrook were out.

KyrieTheFuture
04-09-2014, 07:55 PM
https://kicktastic.com/images/sized/images/uploads/content/Willy_Wonka-250x191.png

Lol that's so cute, a Cavs fan talking about terribly ran teams.
Why? I'm pretty sure I'm an expert on the subject. Keep grinning over there and enjoy Harden leading you deep into the first round of the playoffs.

Brizzly
04-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Why? I'm pretty sure I'm an expert on the subject. Keep grinning over there and enjoy Harden leading you deep into the first round of the playoffs.

Rockets at least have a plan, doe. Cavs just keep on getting top 5 picks including two first picks and still hasn't even gathered a team worth mentioning.

KyrieTheFuture
04-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Rockets at least have a plan, doe. Cavs just keep on getting top 5 picks including two first picks and still hasn't even gathered a team worth mentioning.
I can assure you the Rockets plan is not a good one.

YouGotServed
04-09-2014, 08:17 PM
A cavs fan talking shit about the Rockets. :oldlol: I've seen it all.

KyrieTheFuture
04-09-2014, 08:25 PM
A cavs fan talking shit about the Rockets. :oldlol: I've seen it all.
How could I not recognize the greatness that is the Houston Rockets? They're just so relevant I'm not sure how I missed all their deep playoff runs of the last decade.

AnaheimLakers24
04-09-2014, 08:40 PM
heat are trash and are winning in the most watered down era. anyone who disagrees probably has sex with their own mom

TheNaturalWR
04-09-2014, 08:42 PM
If the Heat were in the West, I think they'd try a tad harder to win games....and probably would have a better record than they do now.

oarabbus
04-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Nobody in the west plays defense it's just a bunch of terribly run teams trying to outscore eachother as quickly as possible. The West is harder but saying it's significantly so is just incorrect. Nobody outside the Spurs Thunder and maybe Clippers are remotely close to being elite.

:lol yeah the Grizz and Spurs play atrocious defense...:rolleyes: OKC has incredible athletes at every position, two PGs leading the league in steals, incredible on-ball pressure, a great SG defender, and the best shotblocker in the league backing them up... scrub team trying to outscore the other

DMAVS41
04-09-2014, 08:49 PM

The West has 5 of the 8 best defensive teams in the league.

LOL...and these teams can actually score as well. They aren't only good on one side of the ball like the Pacers and Bulls...

And for a team like the Pacers that struggles to score...playing in the West could have been a real problem.

It would be down to the wire whether or not they would make the playoffs....assuming they slump at the same time.

You switch the Grizzlies and Pacers and I don't see any reason to think the Grizzlies don't have about the same record the Pacers do...and don't see any reason to think the Pacers wouldn't be fighting for the 8th seed.

YouGotServed
04-09-2014, 08:54 PM
How could I not recognize the greatness that is the Houston Rockets? They're just so relevant I'm not sure how I missed all their deep playoff runs of the last decade.

You madd Houston is a contender and the Cavs are irrelevant?