PDA

View Full Version : why lebron james is an elite catch and shoot player

Keno
04-09-2014, 11:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWvTypNPWpc

but let ish tell you he can't shoot and scores only on layups and dunks. one of the best catch and shoot players in the league trailing a bunch of pure shooters like jose, nash and curry. the second best catch and shoot player from the three, only behind ashton kutcher.

IncarceratedBob
04-09-2014, 11:06 AM
He can catch really well, cant shoot at all though

DoodleDa
04-09-2014, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWvTypNPWpc

but let ish tell you he can't shoot and scores only on layups and dunks. one of the best catch and shoot players in the league trailing a bunch of pure shooters like jose, nash and curry. the second best catch and shoot player from the three, only behind ashton kutcher.

You have to take these statistics into context of each of these player's playstyle.

Not saying that Coach Nick is wrong when saying that Lebron is a good catch and shoot player, because he's usually wrong about everything, but I definitely wouldn't classify him as elite.

Jlamb47
04-09-2014, 12:28 PM
hes alright hes not what your making him seem like.

LoneyROY7
04-09-2014, 12:29 PM
ROFL at referencing "coach" Nick. :facepalm

Milbuck
04-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Clicked the link, saw it was a Coach Nick video. Closed the tab, and did not read a single word of the OP.

aburre21
04-09-2014, 12:50 PM
he's actually a very good catch and shoot player. He's shoots better than he does off the dribble because he's so indecisive. If you watch LeBron it's like he's always fighting an internal battle on whether to shoot or drive and it messes up his rhythm.

I don't know how many times I can scream at the TV telling him to shoot the ball. Defenders be sagging of him so much. He gets the ball and dribbles for like 5 seconds trying to make up his mind on what he's going to do and then finally he shoots it...when he should have just shot the ball immediately!!! Too much airspace not to

SHAQisGOAT
04-09-2014, 01:02 PM
He's good and also underrated in that aspect, but I wouldn't call him elite. And his off-ball game is not good.

AnaheimLakers24
04-09-2014, 01:08 PM
hes a glorified role player who ball hogs. anyone can rack up ten assit by throwing a bailout pass with 2 seconds left

MellowYellow
04-09-2014, 01:14 PM
he still shoots 38 percent outside of 10 feet....

Overdrive
04-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Every perimeter superstar should be able to catch and shoot while open. The difference between Lebron doing that once per game and guys like Korver, Kerr etc is that Lebron and other perimeter stars have to dribble more than just stand in a corner and so Lebron receiving open shots is pretty rare.

Aside from that Lebron is no off the ball player by default. He doesn't roam around enough, doesn't run through sets of screens and he isn't unimportant enough on offense to be left alone at the 3 waiting for an kickout pass.

Andrei89
04-09-2014, 01:15 PM
hes a glorified role player who ball hogs. anyone can rack up ten assit by throwing a bailout pass with 2 seconds left

Lebron > Kobe though.

Sorry :rockon:

Basketbolero
04-09-2014, 01:18 PM
OP admitting Lebron should just go stand in the corner and wait for the ball :applause:

AnaheimLakers24
04-09-2014, 01:20 PM
OP admitting Lebron should just go stand in the corner and wait for the ball :applause:
his bandwagoners dont even trust him :lol

Overdrive
04-09-2014, 01:29 PM

Didn't work that well in the '11 Finals.

Basketbolero
04-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Didn't work that well in the '11 Finals.
I said 'wait for the ball, not 'hide from it'

Sakkreth
04-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Coach nick... you just really used his video to make a point ? :lol