PDA

View Full Version : "Kevin Durant is the most protected player in the history of the league including MJ"

ninephive
04-10-2014, 10:16 AM
-Skip Bayless
"I agree with you." -Steven A Smith

Marlo_Stanfield
04-10-2014, 10:20 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-10-2014, 10:20 AM
When Skip Bayless is trashing Lebrons main rival you know that guy has to be a complete joke

Connor B
04-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Protected?

JohnFreeman
04-10-2014, 10:23 AM
This is news?

KyrieTheFuture
04-10-2014, 10:23 AM
I....I agree with Skip Bayless? I need to go somewhere and really evaluate my life

veilside23
04-10-2014, 10:25 AM
-Skip Bayless

i can sense fear from this post... afraid of KD eh?

guy
04-10-2014, 10:31 AM
When Skip Bayless is trashing Lebrons main rival you know that guy has to be a complete joke

Skip is actually all over Lebron's balls nowadays and hates on Durant whatever he chance he gets. He said Damian Lillard was a better clutch player then Durant earlier this year :oldlol:

ninephive
04-10-2014, 10:32 AM
i can sense fear from this post... afraid of KD eh?
Absolutely. WCF G6 2012 case and point.

JohnFreeman
04-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Skip is actually all over Lebron's balls nowadays and hates on Durant whatever he chance he gets. He said Damian Lillard was a better clutch player then Durant earlier this year :oldlol:
:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

ABfor3
04-10-2014, 10:34 AM
This is true

Random_Guy
04-10-2014, 10:34 AM
truly, Kd's ripthrough is disgusting, its retarded when he throws his arms in the air and dont get called for fouls simply because of how stupid it looks, but its the leagues fault for being so soft on him. **** the league, **** kd, hope they eat shit in the po. I mean seriously, he can be such a good player without getting the freethrows, and imo the rip through move and other moces to get freethrows just hinders his game because sometimes he's not even looking to score.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-10-2014, 10:36 AM
This is true
you shouldnt be talking in this thead:coleman:

Trollsmasher
04-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Skip dropping the truth

Hopefully this spreads

imdaman99
04-10-2014, 10:39 AM
He's definitely babied but I remember a certain other player was allowed to hack the shit out of him at the end of a Finals game to 'preserve' the victory. I won't say who it was though.

JohnFreeman
04-10-2014, 10:40 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25374-Michael-Jordan-YEAH-gif-wyUJ.gif
http://i.imgur.com/HGOMT90.gif
http://thecensus.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/kobe.gif
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1107665/heat.gif

Dro
04-10-2014, 11:05 AM
I agree that Durant is protected but this is just more hyperbole from ESPN. I'm sure if we really broke it down, we can find players who are more babied than KD. Doesn't matter if they were big time scorers or not...

Solefade
04-10-2014, 12:40 PM
I agree that Durant is protected but this is just more hyperbole from ESPN. I'm sure if we really broke it down, we can find players who are more babied than KD. Doesn't matter if they were big time scorers or not...

well in terms of superstars...kevin durant is definitely at the top

3peated
04-10-2014, 12:42 PM
he sees KD is taking over. he wants to make sure his smear campaign is only on the biggest and most relevant player in the league.

i hate both of those people, a lot.

LONGTIME
04-10-2014, 12:55 PM
:roll: More babied than MJ... :roll: :roll: MJ was the most babied player ever.

r0drig0lac
04-10-2014, 02:44 PM
This is news?

this, people acting as if it were new

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 02:54 PM
LOL Skip called Westbrook batman and Durant robin today

aboss4real24
04-10-2014, 02:56 PM
last night was a disgrace

that bs foul on matt barnes killed LACs momentum

He is the most protected player in the nba

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 02:59 PM
last night was a disgrace

that bs foul on matt barnes killed LACs momentum

He is the most protected player in the nba
I mean I can agree with this to an extent.. That was definitely a bad call.. but still. Overall, it was a pretty fairly reffed game. I mean yeah Durant will get his FT's, but you can't blame one play for a loss. Clips could have had that game if they didn't choke so hard in the first 3 quarters

Mr. Jabbar
04-10-2014, 03:00 PM
at least they're protecting the better player now

pegasus
04-10-2014, 03:06 PM
He's definitely babied but I remember a certain other player was allowed to hack the shit out of him at the end of a Finals game to 'preserve' the victory. I won't say who it was though.
This. KD does get a lot of calls, but it's not like they amounted to a ring or two like it has for the other one.

Solefade
04-10-2014, 03:10 PM
This. KD does get a lot of calls, but it's not like they amounted to a ring or two like it has for the other one.

when has lebron ever been babied like KD :rolleyes:

Mr. Jabbar
04-10-2014, 03:23 PM
when has lebron ever been babied like KD :rolleyes:

2012 playoffs are nothing short of daylight robbery

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Not even close. And nothing compares to the babying the Lakers got in 2002. Even Durant can't come close to that level of rigging

JT123
04-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Not even close. And nothing compares to the babying the Lakers got in 2002. Even Durant can't come close to that level of rigging
Ethered. Laker fans are starting a fight they can NEVER win after that 2002 debacle. Game 7 in 2010 was almost as bad. :facepalm

russwest0
04-10-2014, 03:38 PM
no link, no source = :oldlol:

JT123
04-10-2014, 03:38 PM
That's all you've got? :lol Lebron gets fouled much harder than that EVERY game and the refs often ignore it. Call me when Durant gets his nose broken with no whistle. :coleman:

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 03:39 PM
no link, no source = :oldlol:
I'm awaiting this too. Seems unrealistic that they would say this, and I saw the opening of First Take today and i didn't hear them say it. I didn't get to hear the whole segment because I was at the gym though. It seems like it'd go against ESPN's philosophy to say something like this.

russwest0
04-10-2014, 03:51 PM
lol seriously, people who think that lebron isn't more babied need to re watch the 2012 finals.

AnaheimLakers24
04-10-2014, 03:54 PM
bran stans love skip now. you bitches are as gay as bran

red1
04-10-2014, 03:55 PM
:kobe: laker fan talking about officiating

russwest0
04-10-2014, 03:57 PM
lol thing is if you are going to make up a quote at least make it said by someone who's opinion people give a shit about

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 03:58 PM
lol seriously, people who think that lebron isn't more babied need to re watch the 2012 finals.
As a Thunder fan, you have no room to complain about refs. Durant is the most babied player in the leauge, and everyone knows it. There's a reason that you and me are the only people ITT questioning the authenticity of the quote in the title :lol

Megabox!
04-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Wasn't Durant suppose to have fouled out on a charge from Battier way before that final play even occurred

HoopsFanNumero1
04-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Even if Skip didn't say this, it doesn't make it any less true. Durant has been getting that MJ and Kobe officiating for several years.

Keno
04-10-2014, 03:59 PM
skip dropping that ether on espn.

russwest0
04-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Wasn't Durant suppose to have fouled out on a charge from Battier way before that final play even occurred

no, because he had two fouls earlier in that game that were total BS.

one foul call on him was for jab stepping on offense and not even touching anybody, the other was for cleanly blocking D Wade.

That Battier charge, if called, shouldn't have made a difference at all.

rlsmooth775
04-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Skip says it on his twitter

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 04:01 PM
no, because he had two fouls earlier in that game that were total BS.

one foul call on him was for jab stepping on offense and not even touching anybody, the other was for cleanly blocking D Wade.
lol I've never seen anyone complain about the refs as much as you, which is pathetic since you root for KD :lol You already get all the phantom calls and want more :lol :roll: :roll: :roll:

BuffaloBill
04-10-2014, 04:02 PM
KD rustling lots of jimmies these days

Marlo_Stanfield
04-10-2014, 04:02 PM
lol I've never seen anyone complain about the refs as much as you, which is pathetic since you root for KD :lol You already get all the phantom calls and want more :lol :roll: :roll: :roll:
What a greedy ass nikka:roll: :roll:

russwest0
04-10-2014, 04:03 PM

where did I ever say I want more calls for KD?

You're trying to blow things out of proportion when I'm simply educating people on which way the refs were calling the series. I've done the same thing with the 2012 WCF that was officiated in OKC's favor.

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Skip says it on his twitter
link?

Edit: I found it:

http://i.imgur.com/2oU1s3H.png

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 04:04 PM
where did I ever say I want more calls for KD?

You're trying to blow things out of proportion when I'm simply educating people on which way the refs were calling the series. I've done the same thing with the 2012 WCF that was officiated in OKC's favor.
You were complaining about the refs last night in the clips thread :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Up until the phantom call on Barnes. I asked you for your opinion on the foul on Barnes, and you avoided it like crazy

JT123
04-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Durant stans greedy as hell. :lol

russwest0
04-10-2014, 04:07 PM
link?

Lol where was this niqqa when LeBron got 20 more FT's than KD in the Finals :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Lol where was this niqqa when LeBron got 20 more FT's than KD in the Finals :oldlol:
ACtually that makes perfect sense. LeBron is a slasher, so naturally he's going to draw contact. KD = perimeter shooter who flails his arms and gets whistles blown. Over a 5 game series, I could easily see LeBron getting 4 more FTA a game than KD if things are being called fairly. Just admit that the finals was the only time your boy was actually fairly reffed and didn't get 20 FTA a game. The refs called fouls on Durant properly for once and here you are having a meltdown over it, even though it was 2 years ago :facepalm

JT123
04-10-2014, 04:18 PM
russwest0 having a meltdown. :lol

russwest0
ACtually that makes perfect sense. LeBron is a slasher, so naturally he's going to draw contact. KD = perimeter shooter who flails his arms and gets whistles blown. Over a 5 game series, I could easily see LeBron getting 4 more FTA a game than KD if things are being called fairly. Just admit that the finals was the only time your boy was actually fairly reffed and didn't get 20 FTA a game. The refs called fouls on Durant properly for once and here you are having a meltdown over it, even though it was 2 years ago :facepalm

Yes, the 2012 playoff run was the year LeBron was finally officiated "fairly," getting the 3rd most total FTA in a playoff run of all time, averaging 11.4 FTA per game in two different series, getting every single opposing SF into foul trouble, and getting multiple complaints and fines from opposing players and coaches on the officiating. :lol

Again, we're seeing the difference with LeBron stans and other, say, Thunder fans.

Thunder fans complain about a call in a GDT, LeBron stans storm in there whining about shit. LeBron stans complain about a call in a GDT, no one cares.

edrick
link?

Glad someone on ESPN finally pointed this out. KD also has 100 more FTAs than the person that takes the second most FTs. :rolleyes:

Andrei89
04-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Russwest basketball IQ is as high as Westbrook's.

JT123
04-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Russwest basketball IQ is as high as Westbrook's.
That is an insult to Westbrook. :no:

JT123
04-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Yes, the 2012 playoff run was the year LeBron was finally officiated "fairly," getting the 3rd most total FTA in a playoff run of all time, averaging 11.4 FTA per game in two different series, getting every single opposing SF into foul trouble, and getting multiple complaints and fines from opposing players and coaches on the officiating. :lol

Again, we're seeing the difference with LeBron stans and other, say, Thunder fans.

Thunder fans complain about a call in a GDT, LeBron stans storm in there whining about shit. LeBron stans complain about a call in a GDT, no one cares.
And the meltdown continues. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Poor Russ, Lebron has forever ruined him. :(

zoom17
04-10-2014, 04:25 PM
link?

http://cdn.overclock.net/8/87/877fd27f_the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

JT123
04-10-2014, 04:26 PM
http://cdn.overclock.net/8/87/877fd27f_the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif
Skip as an idiot 95 percent of the time, but every once in a while he makes an intelligent observation. :D

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-10-2014, 04:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZn59rPMUIU

Around 9:30..

I agree with Skip in the sense, KD is the most coddled player TODAY.. possibly in league history. What I am not on board with is his motive behind the claim..

The guy was all over KD's rod up until he was sonned by KD for his "Westbrick" comments. Now the LeBron is "amazing" and Westbrook is "batman" bs.. its a slick way of propping up and/or downplaying guys he's biased for and against..

That is ESPN in a nutshell

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 04:39 PM

Again, LeBron is a slasher. It makes far more sense for him to get that many FT than Durant. And you don't blame the refs for a series you lost in 5 games. The Kings have a case in 2002 against the Lakers.. 7 game series decided by the reffing in game 7, but the Heat's 3 pt shooting and LeBron going to town is what won them the series.

At least you admit that OKC was gifted the WCF anyway, so they didn't belong in the finals in the first place (even though I don't necessarily believe this to be true). If OKC had won the finals in 2012, at least you're man enough to admit that it wouldn't have counted. If KD wins a ring this year averaging 11 FTA in the finals, it won't count either according to your logic.

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 04:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZn59rPMUIU

Around 9:30..

I agree with Skip in the sense, KD is the most coddled player TODAY.. possibly in league history. What I am not on board with is his motive behind the claim..

The guy was all over KD's rod up until he was sonned by KD for his "Westbrick" comments. Now the LeBron is "amazing" and Westbrook is "batman" bs.. its a slick way of propping up and/or downplaying guys he's biased for and against..

That is ESPN in a nutshell
Damn no video? That's pretty cool though. I didn't know the put every ep of first take on YT though

russwest0
04-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Lol Stephen A basically said "I agree" in response to one bad call, and then reminded Skip change things in the Finals in terms of who gets codded, i.e. 2012

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Lol Stephen A basically said "I agree" in response to one bad call, and then reminded Skip change things in the Finals in terms of who gets codded, i.e. 2012
ACtually he was referring to the Spurs last year, who the refs tried to gift the ring. The Heat had the lowest FTA of any finals and that's with their 2 main players as slashers. Tell us again how the refs gift LeBron rings when his team gets the lowest FTA of a finals in 2013.

Trollsmasher
04-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Since Skip jumped on the LeBron bandwagon and started hating KD, he has objectively become much more objective:applause:

russwest0
04-10-2014, 04:46 PM
ACtually he was referring to the Spurs last year, who the refs tried to gift the ring. The Heat had the lowest FTA of any finals and that's with their 2 main players as slashers. Tell us again how the refs gift LeBron rings when his team gets the lowest FTA of a finals in 2013.

The refs gifted the Heat the chip in 2013? :lol

SexSymbol
04-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Since Skip jumped on the LeBron bandwagon and started hating KD, he has objectively became much more objective:applause:
He's actually much less objective, lets feelings for KD get in the way way too much.

He was an unbiased person for since I can remember him on TV, it's just lately that he's become less of a shock value type of guy and more of a biased bashing.

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 04:48 PM
And what SAS is saying is that OKC wouldn't make the finals this year if it weren't for the refs

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 04:49 PM
The refs gifted the Heat the chip in 2013? :lol
Damn son. You need to take a course on reading comprehension.

He was an unbiased person for since I can remember him on TV.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Trollsmasher
04-10-2014, 04:50 PM
He's actually much less objective, lets feelings for KD get in the way way too much.

He was an unbiased person for since I can remember him on TV, it's just lately that he's become less of a shock value type of guy and more of a biased bashing.
Nah, everything he says about KD (he is a choker, beta, soft) is true. When he was hating on LeBron, he was straight up making things up most of the time.

pegasus
04-10-2014, 04:52 PM
The number of offensive fouls Lebron gets away with is more than the favorable calls Durant gets. They let Lebron play physical, so they let his defenders do the same. Do you guys ever see Durant pushing people off with force, bulldozing them over, etc.? No, he usually sinks a sweet jumper over them or dunks on them.

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 04:54 PM
The number of offensive fouls Lebron gets away with is more than the favorable calls Durant gets. They let Lebron play physical, so they let his defenders do the same. Do you guys ever see Durant pushing people off with force, bulldozing them over, etc.? No, he usually sinks a sweet jumper over them or dunks on them.
LeBron is a slasher. He's naturally going to draw contact. Durant gets a whistle if you stand within 5 feet of him. Look at that foul on Barnes last night with 45 seconds left. We all know if Durant had that Plumlee block happen to him, it would be a foul.

russwest0
04-10-2014, 04:58 PM
LeBron is a slasher. He's naturally going to draw contact. Durant gets a whistle if you stand within 5 feet of him. Look at that foul on Barnes last night with 45 seconds left. We all know if Durant had that Plumlee block happen to him, it would be a foul.

Yes, we all know Durant gets all the late game calls

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1188305/touch1_1.jpg

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 05:00 PM

Did you not watch the Clippers game last night? :biggums: Barnes didn't touch durant. A no touch foul cost them the game

KyrieTheFuture
04-10-2014, 05:01 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--SzPogW5B--/c_fit,w_320/672443316256430888.gif

russwest0
Did you not watch the Clippers game last night? :biggums: Barnes didn't touch durant. A no touch foul cost them the game

link it up homie

J Shuttlesworth
But damn russwest is proving to be an absolute beta. Despite the star player on his team shooting over a hundred free throws more than the rest of the league, he still complains about not getting calls late in the game :facepalm And he's still butthurt over the fact that Chalmers and Mike Miler destroyed his team in 5 games. A 5 game series decided by the refs :roll:

And don't make me remind you that Durant should've been fouled out

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 05:04 PM
link it up homie
Trying to find a video but it's not in the highlights. Skip/SAS talked about it in that clip. Plus you saw the play. We were both posting in the GT last night and everyone was complaining about that foul

Trollsmasher
04-10-2014, 05:08 PM

Should've fouled out 5 minutes earlier though:lol

russwest0
04-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Trying to find a video but it's not in the highlights. Skip/SAS talked about it in that clip. Plus you saw the play. We were both posting in the GT last night and everyone was complaining about that foul

Heat fans crying about refs :oldlol: :roll: :lol :facepalm

SexSymbol
04-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Damn son. You need to take a course on reading comprehension.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
He was.
Skip was picking on everybody, aside from Timmy D, but there's really nothing to pick on him for.
He has called Durant MR.6/24 in his rookie or sophomore year, accurately pictured first 9 - 10 years of LeBron's career and psychology.
He was picking on Shaq for not maximizing his potential, on Kobe for being a shot jacker.
Basically, he says everything that we think and reject to say in fear of being taken as "subjective"

First take and Grantland's podcasts are the best media coverage of NBA.

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 05:16 PM
He was.
Skip was picking on everybody, aside from Timmy D, but there's really nothing to pick on him for.
He has called Durant MR.6/24 in his rookie or sophomore year, accurately pictured first 9 - 10 years of LeBron's career and psychology.
He was picking on Shaq for not maximizing his potential, on Kobe for being a shot jacker.
Basically, he says everything that we think and reject to say in fear of being taken as "subjective"

First take and Grantland's podcasts are the best media coverage of NBA.

I guess you're talking about a Skip I never really saw. I watched ball in the 90s and 2000s, but didn't pay any attention to ESPN. I didn't really start watching First Take till last year

TheReal Kendall
04-10-2014, 05:17 PM
I gotta say that after watching that sequence were Barnes was called for a fail, I am really starting to hate KD's game.

The refs need to stop calling that shit. It's sickening! He's definitely worse than Harden

russwest0
04-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Mark Cuban owned Skip Bayless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEneggSHic4

Surprised that didn't end the dudes career. He's a basketball analyst who doesn't even know what the purpose of a zone defense is. :lol

WWRWestbrookDo?
04-10-2014, 05:26 PM
-Skip Bayless

Lebron stans are so sensitive

LongLiveTheKing
04-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Russell Westbrook- Batman
KD- Robin

Trollsmasher
04-10-2014, 05:36 PM

Should've fouled out 5 minutes earlier though:lol
funny how no OKC fan ever responds to this:roll:

Rocketswin2013
04-10-2014, 05:42 PM
KD gets a **** ton of calls. But hey, what can you do.

dunksby
04-10-2014, 05:46 PM
The only thing to see here is LeBronytes blowing Skip :lol

red1
04-10-2014, 05:47 PM

:applause: What a beast. Put the clamps on dat boy.

Black Mamba's B
04-10-2014, 06:10 PM
:kobe: laker fan talking about officiating
Raptor fans discussing basketball :biggums:

red1
04-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Raptor fans discussing basketball :biggums:
we in dis

http://nojesguiden.se/sites/default/files/users/7800/vincecarter_tmac.jpeg