PDA

View Full Version : Durant is the MVP, but LeBron is still the better player, could've won it easily..."

Westbrook0
04-10-2014, 08:04 PM
STOP IT WITH THIS SHIT.

I'm so sick of people saying this. Michael Beasley probably could've been an all-star if he cared about his game and dedicated himself, but he didn't. And it's right for us to judge him based on what he's doing now, not what he could have done.

So are we saying LeBron could have averaged 10 more points per game, led his team to the best record in both the East and the league and ensured home court advantage throughout the playoffs, all while wrapping up his 5th MVP? THEN WHY WOULDN'T HE HAVE DONE THAT?

"But LeBron chooses to defer to Wade and Bosh and his teammates more. He's just coasting and being unselfish. If he really tried he is the best player in the world."

Excuse me? Did you SEE WHAT KD DID WITHOUT WESTBROOK this year? He went full-on God mode, and didn't tame himself again until Russ came back into the lineup, where he wants to split the load to make them a more effective club overall.

You could just as easily say the same things about KD that you say about LeBron.

"KD could go into God mode whenever he wanted and put up the most absurd stats since Wilt. But he smartly chooses to balance the game with Westbrook while he is in there for the sake of the team. KD is the best player in the world, but just doesn't always show it because of his willingness to defer so much to his fellow superstar."

red1
04-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Wtf? No one thinks that. Durant earned his mvp this year

Straight_Ballin
04-10-2014, 08:09 PM
No one is saying that kD isn't the best player in the world.

LONGTIME
04-10-2014, 08:11 PM
The only MVP award Bron cares about is Finals MVP.

KirbyPls
04-10-2014, 08:11 PM
No one is saying that kD isn't the best player in the world.

I am. MVP sure, best in the world? Still LBJ, and the playoffs will prove it.

russwest0
04-10-2014, 08:19 PM
if anyone says this please tell them to check into a mental hospital

Blue&Orange
04-10-2014, 08:20 PM
He desperatly tried to beat Melo's scoring game, and next game barely could move, and following games played like crap.

tmacattack33
04-10-2014, 08:21 PM
STOP IT WITH THIS SHIT.

I'm so sick of people saying this. Michael Beasley probably could've been an all-star if he cared about his game and dedicated himself, but he didn't. And it's right for us to judge him based on what he's doing now, not what he could have done.

So are we saying LeBron could have averaged 10 more points per game, led his team to the best record in both the East and the league and ensured home court advantage throughout the playoffs, all while wrapping up his 5th MVP? THEN WHY WOULDN'T HE HAVE DONE THAT?

"But LeBron chooses to defer to Wade and Bosh and his teammates more. He's just coasting and being unselfish. If he really tried he is the best player in the world."

Excuse me? Did you SEE WHAT KD DID WITHOUT WESTBROOK this year? He went full-on God mode, and didn't tame himself again until Russ came back into the lineup, where he wants to split the load to make them a more effective club overall.

You could just as easily say the same things about KD that you say about LeBron.

"KD could go into God mode whenever he wanted and put up the most absurd stats since Wilt. But he smartly chooses to balance the game with Westbrook while he is in there for the sake of the team. KD is the best player in the world, but just doesn't always show it because of his willingness to defer so much to his fellow superstar."

Because all out in the regular season can end up hurting you in the post-season.

Last summer, Miami players even came out and stated that them going so hard in last year's regular season (for example, to get that 26 wins in a row streak) made them feel terrible by the time the playoffs started and they woulda been better off by not playing so hard in the regular season.

JT123
04-10-2014, 08:59 PM
LOL at this Durant stan having an epic meltdown. :oldlol:

pegasus
04-10-2014, 09:30 PM
He desperatly tried to beat Melo's scoring game, and next game barely could move, and following games played like crap.
So true:lol

Mr. Jabbar
04-10-2014, 09:47 PM
The only MVP award Bron cares about is Finals MVP.

doesnt look like it so far in his career :lol

plowking
04-10-2014, 10:03 PM
doesnt look like it so far in his career :lol

He cares as much as Kobe. :oldlol:

russwest0
04-10-2014, 10:07 PM

:lol tru

DJ Leon Smith
04-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Because all out in the regular season can end up hurting you in the post-season.

Where has he gone all out though? He's sat out bunch of fourth quarters this season. Probably sat out more than coasting LeBron to be honest.

Smoke117
04-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Michael Jordan was the best player in the league in 93 when Charles Barkley won it. The Most Valuable Player award is not the "best player in the league award". Only idiot and Durant stans actually believe Kevin Durant is a better/greater player than Lebron James in general.

WWRWestbrookDo?
04-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Lebron fans are the most sensitive. Don't let it get to you.

J Shuttlesworth
04-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Very few people are saying that he could've won it easily... just trolls like Marlo.

Still a better player? I'd say Durant has to prove it in the playoffs to take over the title of best player in the game. He's certainly the regular season MVP, but playoffs will really determine who the current best player in the league. LeBron has had the title for years and now KD has a chance to take that over. That's what makes this playoffs so awesome. Cannot wait :cheers:

VIntageNOvel
04-10-2014, 10:38 PM
He desperatly tried to beat Melo's scoring game, and next game barely could move, and following games played like crab.

fixed, pun intended

VIntageNOvel
04-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Very few people are saying that he could've won it easily... just trolls like Marlo.

Still a better player? I'd say Durant has to prove it in the playoffs to take over the title of best player in the game. He's certainly the regular season MVP, but playoffs will really determine who the current best player in the league. LeBron has had the title for years and now KD has a chance to take that over. That's what makes this playoffs so awesome. Cannot wait :cheers:

yes :cheers: just like how kobe was still the best player in 2009-2010 even though bran winning the regular season MVP, oh wait now MVP doesnt matter? :roll: :roll:

russwest0
04-10-2014, 10:42 PM
yes :cheers: just like how kobe was still the best player in 2009-2010 even though bran winning the regular season MVP, oh wait now MVP doesnt matter? :roll: :roll:

:roll:

Trollsmasher
04-10-2014, 10:49 PM
LeBron was coasting (and still is) while Durant was going balls out the whole season:confusedshrug:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-10-2014, 10:49 PM
sorry to break it to you. Durant is a flopping scumbag who gets 100000 calls because the NBA wants to create a real rival for Bran.
if Bran was in the defensively retarded WCF, he would average 35 at least with Durants treatment.
but since Durref has a better record he somewhat deserves it this year.
a kind has to keep his servant happy tho:applause:

ILLsmak
04-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Michael Jordan was the best player in the league in 93 when Charles Barkley won it. The Most Valuable Player award is not the "best player in the league award". Only idiot and Durant stans actually believe Kevin Durant is a better/greater player than Lebron James in general.

this year I think Durant has an argument for greater/better than LeBron. But as I said before dudes will always be able to say SEE if KD doesn't win a ring. If he does, then no discussion... KD is the better player until the end of next season.

DAts how it werks.

-Smak

CelticBaller
04-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Lebron>>>

VIntageNOvel
04-10-2014, 10:58 PM
but as much as i hate bran,
he's ugly looking piece of shit that anti clutch, + defense and playmaking got overrated a lot,
come playoff time i would still take him over durant

but KD+goatbrook >>>

Smoke117
04-10-2014, 11:02 PM
this year I think Durant has an argument for greater/better than LeBron. But as I said before dudes will always be able to say SEE if KD doesn't win a ring. If he does, then no discussion... KD is the better player until the end of next season.

DAts how it werks.

-Smak

Well if it ends Miami vs OKC and the Heat regardless of the stats of either player, EVERYONE will call Durant a loser who should have never been compared to Lebron who has been the best player in the league for at the very least a half decade. It's all a big story while Durant is doing what he's doing during the REGULAR SEASON, but legacies re made in the playoffs...and Lebron has two final MVP's to go along with his championships.

I dont' even like Lebron. I've been a Wade fan since before he won his championship in 06 because his game was a piece of art. That Dunk he did on Perkins is the greatest dunk ever to me and Scottie Pippen is my favorite player and I love that disrespectful dunk he did on Ewing...but that dunk on Perkins is just filthy.

After all that ridiculous sized dialogue i just wrote that even made me wary, the fact of the matter is if it ends up Miami vs Thunder it's the team and the stars that actually WIN which will matter. What you did in the regular season will MEAN NOTHING if you fail in the playoffs.

Milbuck
04-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Durant is the better player right now.

That being said, I would take a healthy, well rested Lebron in the playoffs over Durant. Lebron has looked worn down and exhausted for a while now. If he was in peak condition, I'd pick him.