PDA

View Full Version : OGT: Apr 11 Knicks (33-45) @ Raptors (46-32)

Legends66NBA7
04-11-2014, 02:14 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1959360_10152043742921769_5262983808956319310_n.jp g

Raptor fans, check in here for all playoff talk: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330379

Game Links: http://gofirstrow.eu/sport/basketball.html

Game Preview: http://www.nba.com/games/20140411/NYKTOR/gameinfo.html?ls=slt

In a division with some high-profile teams, the Toronto Raptors are in position to win it.

One of those rivals is a New York Knicks club in desperate need of a victory, but with Carmelo Anthony at less than full strength.

The Raptors can clinch the second Atlantic Division crown in team history Friday night by handing the visiting Knicks a third straight defeat.

Toronto's first division title came in 2006-07 when it won a franchise-best 47 games. The Raptors (46-32) cut their magic number to one Wednesday with a fourth straight win, 125-114 over Philadelphia, along with second-place Brooklyn's loss in Orlando.

Coach Dwane Casey said he's not concerned about winning the division or tying the club record for victories.

"My thing is us. We've got to take care of our business, we've got to continue to work and improve in different areas to get better," Casey said. "Those things are good but it's not a have-to goal."

The teams favored to win the Atlantic before the season figured to be the Nets and the Knicks (33-45), who captured the division in 2012-13.

New York is two games behind Atlanta for the final playoff spot in the East. The Knicks will have had four days off, which should be good news for Anthony.

The star forward has totaled 23 points on 29.0 percent shooting while playing with a sore right shoulder in back-to-back defeats, during which his woes were evident.

Anthony had a season-high nine turnovers in a 90-89 loss to Washington last Friday. He didn't attempt a shot in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 102-91 defeat in Miami.

Coach Mike Woodson expects Anthony to start Friday.

"Only 'Melo knows the severity of his pain," Woodson said. "All I can do is try to put him in the best position possible and if he tells me he's hurt and he can't play then it's my job to sit him. But I don't know if he will ever tell me that."

J.R. Smith helped pick up the slack against the Heat by making 10 of an NBA-record 22 attempts from 3-point range. Smith has made 24 of 50 3s over his last three games.

Jonas Valanciunas had a career-high 26 points and 12 rebounds for Toronto on Wednesday in his first game since being arrested early Monday morning for drunk driving.

"It has been a rough couple of days, but I had to find energy to come out and fight," he said. "I felt really good fan support -- thank you to them. I felt great, because everybody supported me."

The Raptors also welcomed back point guard Kyle Lowry, who had 29 points and eight assists after missing three games with a bruised kneecap.

Starting forward Amir Johnson has missed four straight games with an ankle injury.

Toronto defeated New York twice by a total of 27 points Dec. 28 and 29 in the two meetings so far this season. Anthony missed both with a sprained right ankle.

These teams close the season Wednesday in New York. The Knicks are hoping that contest will have meaning.

"I gotta get this team into the playoffs, that's what my focus is," Woodson said.

EricGordon23
04-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Pumped just hope for no injuries in this game to toronto since the Knicks will be coming at us with there version of playoff basketball

imdaman99
04-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Raptors please win by 50.

I don't want to hear about oh how the Knicks are still mathematically alive for the playoffs.

FCK THE KNICKS. Joke of a franchise. Hope Melo leaves, good riddance.

I welcome baseball season with open arms. Lets go Mets :(

niko
04-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Raptors please win by 50.

I don't want to hear about oh how the Knicks are still mathematically alive for the playoffs.

FCK THE KNICKS. Joke of a franchise. Hope Melo leaves, good riddance.

I welcome baseball season with open arms. Lets go Mets :(
How is the Mets better?

imdaman99
04-11-2014, 02:22 PM
How is the Mets better?
They're not. But there is no hype to them and they might not underwhelm like the Knicks did this year.

Being a Mets fan... hasn't been fun.
But they have young pitchers and when Harvey comes back next year, they could be good.

niko
04-11-2014, 02:29 PM
They're not. But there is no hype to them and they might not underwhelm like the Knicks did this year.

Being a Mets fan... hasn't been fun.
But they have young pitchers and when Harvey comes back next year, they could be good.
I'm a Met fan too. This year will be shit. I'm sorry i don't see the benefit from the Knicks who underwhelm to the Mets who don't even give an effort (the front office). Coming into the seaon with this payroll when another $10-$15M could have made this team really solid is an endlessly frustrating thing.

In my view baseball was done before the season started, not sure how that's better.

SpecialQue
04-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Mathematically it's still possible for the Knicks to get into the playoffs.

Finger Roll
04-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Nah raptors. Just have to get val the ball early and frustrate smith into jacking jumpers with some good perimeter pressure.

Let's get 50:rockon:

imdaman99
04-11-2014, 03:31 PM
I'm a Met fan too. This year will be shit. I'm sorry i don't see the benefit from the Knicks who underwhelm to the Mets who don't even give an effort (the front office). Coming into the seaon with this payroll when another $10-$15M could have made this team really solid is an endlessly frustrating thing.

In my view baseball was done before the season started, not sure how that's better.
Yeah and I didn't like the Granderson signing... if that was going to be the only real piece they got hittingwise. He strikes out too much and his home run numbers will be shit in that park. I agree, Mets front office is terrible as well. The Mets are in the biggest of markets, yet they run things as if they are a small market team like the Pirates or Rays.

There is hope for next year, this year I am expecting improvements but still not any real expectations. This year's Knicks team... nothing but disappointment. One of the worst years I can remember as a Knicks fan. That Bargs trade, Shump's inconsistencies, Chandler's pick and roll defense, Felton being terrible, Melo's late game ineptitude, JR being JR, Amare's knees. The only bright spot? Hardaway Jr... and even he has to work on his defense. Can't believe I'm saying this but I miss Novak and Copeland. They were very good shooters, and this year's team is lacking in that.

Either way, Knicks :facepalm Mets front office :facepalm

Mathematically it's still possible for the Knicks to get into the playoffs.
No, please stop :rant

Legends66NBA7
04-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Nah raptors. Just have to get val the ball early and frustrate smith into jacking jumpers with some good perimeter pressure.

Let's get 50:rockon:

Lowry is 2 3 pointers away from setting a franchise record for 3 pointers in a season. DeRozan is 11 free throws away from setting a franchise record for free throws made in a season.

Let's set some records and lock up the Atlantic and HCA in round 1. Will be at the game and I'll try and give ISH a shout out on TV.

EricGordon23
04-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Sweet game time lets go!

EricGordon23
04-11-2014, 07:20 PM
amare is giving it his all so far.

EricGordon23
04-11-2014, 07:46 PM
would have thought more knick fans would be posting here

Finger Roll
04-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Lowry is 2 3 pointers away from setting a franchise record for 3 pointers in a season. DeRozan is 11 free throws away from setting a franchise record for free throws made in a season.

Let's set some records and lock up the Atlantic and HCA in round 1. Will be at the game and I'll try and give ISH a shout out on TV.

Just need the win now.

Sorry morris Peterson. Miss that guy and Walt Williams jacking shots too hahah

moe94
04-11-2014, 07:54 PM
My bro really wants the knicks to get into the playoffs. He's also a massive Raps homer. Got homie confused.

Draz
04-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Good organization for the thread. Let's go Knicks

Kungfro
04-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Is the audio out of sync with the firstrow stream for anyone else?

kaiteng
04-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Raptors just really can't win decisively. Still winning though.

aboss4real24
04-11-2014, 09:03 PM
amare is even more garbage on d#
than ever

kaiteng
04-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Has Jim Todd coached every single teams in this league yet?

Draz
04-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Nets need to do us this solid and win

Beastmode88
04-11-2014, 09:15 PM
stat baby :rockon:

kaiteng
04-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Raps' D has tighten up, but they can't make shots. :banghead:

imdaman99
04-11-2014, 09:26 PM
So much for Raps winning by 50 :facepalm

Stop pulling me in Knicks, I'm done with you guys :mad:

Shump with that lockdown D :rant

imdaman99
04-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Refs are so incompetent, 3 straight plays they are reviewing and are going to overturn the call :facepalm

Draz
04-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Are we going to lose this now

kaiteng
04-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Good game, Knicks.

Kungfro
04-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Damn, was really hoping Raps could hit 50 this season.

kaiteng
04-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Damn, was really hoping Raps could hit 50 this season.
Knicks basically want more. I can't see 50 wins from the start anyway. Now, let's hope both Nets and Bulls lose.

Railgun
04-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the attempt Raps :cheers: Looks like ATL is going to win tonight so it won't matter much. LETS GO MAGIC