PDA

View Full Version : Could Miami lose in first round?

JT123
04-13-2014, 12:49 AM
Serious question. With Indiana's epic collapse everyone seems to have forgotten that the Heat are collapsing almost just as badly. Under .500 since the start of March and not getting any better. Wade is always getting injured, and Bosh can't seem to score more than 12 points a night. Also Atlanta seems to be a very bad match up for Miami, and they seem to shoot the ball lights out every time they play the Heat. :confusedshrug:

KDthunderup
04-13-2014, 12:50 AM
Championship or bust

livinglegend
04-13-2014, 12:51 AM
no chance. They will make the finals despite their horrible role players.

Im so nba'd out
04-13-2014, 12:52 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/48443533.jpg

midatlantic09
04-13-2014, 12:53 AM
1st round exit? Probably not, however, a 2nd round exit is possible given the following:

-Wade is shell of himself
-Battier often does nothing
-Allen shows up some nights but not others. He's always lousy on D.
-Chalmers shows up sometimes but not others
-Oden and his knee issues

RoseCity07
LeBron will have to overcome playing against stacked teams while playing without one. He's done it two years in a row.

livingby3's
The heat's role players will come alive comes playoffs

T_L_P
04-13-2014, 12:57 AM
LeBron will have to overcome playing against stacked teams while playing without one. He's done it two years in a row.

:facepalm

Cold soul
04-13-2014, 01:08 AM
Yeah it could happen, but it's very unlikely.

BuffaloBill
04-13-2014, 01:09 AM

:lol :lol

TylerOO
04-13-2014, 01:11 AM
http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

Milbuck
04-13-2014, 01:27 AM
What an awful poster.

As long as Lebron is playing, there is just about no chance of Atlanta or Charlotte beating them.

Leftimage
04-13-2014, 01:27 AM
Serious question. With Indiana's epic collapse everyone seems to have forgotten that the Heat are collapsing almost just as badly. Under .500 since the start of March and not getting any better. Wade is always getting injured, and Bosh can't seem to score more than 12 points a night. Also Atlanta seems to be a very bad match up for Miami, and they seem to shoot the ball lights out every time they play the Heat. :confusedshrug:

They have Lebron. They're threepeating.

JT123
04-13-2014, 01:28 AM
True, but he may be a little too fatigued to do it 3 years in a row. :(
Losing early could be a good thing though. It would force Riley to make major changes and finally get Lebron some help.

Fudge
04-13-2014, 01:33 AM
Wade will take them as far as he can.

zoom17
04-13-2014, 01:35 AM
Wade will take them as far as he can.

Westbrook would take okc as far as he can.

JT123
04-13-2014, 01:37 AM
They have Lebron. They're threepeating.
But Bron is only one man. He can't make Wade stay healthy or turn Spo into a competent coach. The Heat are having major issues on offense during this slump, yet Spo continues to bench Beasley and give major minutes to Brickard Lewis. :facepalm 3 years of doing everything for the Heat appears to have finally caught up with Lebron. Even during his best games this year he looks gassed down the stretch of games. Not a good sign considering his minutes are going to go way up in the playoffs since Miami's role players are so horrible.

T_L_P
04-13-2014, 01:42 AM
But Bron is only one man. He can't make Wade stay healthy or turn Spo into a competent coach. The Heat are having major issues on offense during this slump, yet Spo continues to bench Beasley and give major minutes to Brickard Lewis. :facepalm 3 years of doing everything for the Heat appears to have finally caught up with Lebron. Even during his best games this year he looks gassed down the stretch of games. Not a good sign considering his minutes are going to go way up in the playoffs since Miami's role players are so horrible.

You LeBron stans are shameless. Acting like Wade and Bosh have been liabilities the past three seasons :facepalm

Anything to prop your idol up though, right?

JT123
04-13-2014, 01:50 AM
You LeBron stans are shameless. Acting like Wade and Bosh have been liabilities the past three seasons :facepalm

Wade has been hit and miss, but Bosh has definitely been a liability. One rebound and blocked shot in game 6 doesn't change that. Bosh is paid as a superstar, yet puts up role player numbers in the playoffs. His contract is one of the biggest reasons the Heat can't afford to bring in any young talent. :biggums:

All Net
04-13-2014, 01:51 AM
Don't you realise what conference they are in?

Quizno
04-13-2014, 01:52 AM
LMFAO I almost spit out my drank player

aj1987
04-13-2014, 01:53 AM
Don't you realise what conference they are in?
Check OP's username. You'll know the answer to your question.

All Net
04-13-2014, 01:53 AM

This year they have, everytime I see Bosh he looks like trash and plays like an average role player at best. Lebron is doing alot of heavy lifting this year. This stacked team is on paper only...as production wise they are not on form.

T_L_P
04-13-2014, 02:03 AM
This year they have, everytime I see Bosh he looks like trash and plays like an average role player at best. Lebron is doing alot of heavy lifting this year. This stacked team is on paper only...as production wise they are not on form.

This year you are absolutely correct (then again, I don't think LeBron could carry a team like this to the title). But 2012 and 2013 Wade and Bosh were still very legit second and third options.

All Net
04-13-2014, 02:07 AM
This year you are absolutely correct (then again, I don't think LeBron could carry a team like this to the title). But 2012 and 2013 Wade and Bosh were still very legit second and third options.
Agreed, Wade wasn

MellowYellow
04-13-2014, 02:08 AM
Bobcats would definitely take 2 games from them, Hawks might push them to 7 cuz they have insanely good 3 point shooting and passing, and Miami doesn't like scrambling to shooters.

Keno
04-13-2014, 02:20 AM
first round? hell no. after that tho you never know with this team. unless lebron turns into 2012 form or the heat flip on the 'switch', three peat incoming.

Mr. Jabbar
04-13-2014, 02:30 AM
It surprised me yesterday how much mia struggled to beat indiana with hibbert basically playing for them. Miami and Indiana are both hot garbage lately

Smoke117
04-13-2014, 02:37 AM
Any team could lose in the first round, but to take this question seriously...of course not. Miami lost a game to the Hawks who are the 8th seed and now you think they can actually beat them in a 7 game playoff series when things actually really get serious? If the Pacers end up first and Miami plays the Bobcats they are going to lose a seven game series to them? This isn't 1994 and Miami isn't the Sonics who pathetically lost to the 8th seed Nuggets. Miami is mostly likely going to sweep whoever the play in the first round and at the most go 5 games. The Hawks nor the Bobcats can win a 7 game series vs the Heat. The Hawks haven't even managed to have a record over .500 and the Bobcats are barely above that mark...any team can beat any other team at any given time, but No teams so inferior to the Heat are going to win 4 out of 7 games. Only an idiot would think that.

MavsPoke
04-13-2014, 02:52 AM
If they were in the West it might be possible.

But then again if they were in the West they wouldn't be a top seed. So nobody would really care.

VIntageNOvel
04-13-2014, 03:01 AM
http://philnorris63.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/bran-and-hodor.jpg

Genaro
04-13-2014, 03:16 AM
No but I would tank to stay away from Nets if I'm the Heat. :lol

They could possibly lose in the second round or in the ECF but even with their bad play lately the conference is so weak that the chances they show up in the finals is acctualy very high.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-13-2014, 03:24 AM
Championship or bust

coin24
04-13-2014, 03:57 AM
Poor bran has carried these scrubs the last 4 years, it's not fair..

If that asswipe wade had showed up in 2011 they'd be going for a 4 peat right now:mad:

I can't wait till he leaves in FA for a decent team

MellowYellow
04-13-2014, 04:04 AM
Any team could lose in the first round, but to take this question seriously...of course not. Miami lost a game to the Hawks who are the 8th seed and now you think they can actually beat them in a 7 game playoff series when things actually really get serious? If the Pacers end up first and Miami plays the Bobcats they are going to lose a seven game series to them? This isn't 1994 and Miami isn't the Sonics who pathetically lost to the 8th seed Nuggets. Miami is mostly likely going to sweep whoever the play in the first round and at the most go 5 games. The Hawks nor the Bobcats can win a 7 game series vs the Heat. The Hawks haven't even managed to have a record over .500 and the Bobcats are barely above that mark...any team can beat any other team at any given time, but No teams so inferior to the Heat are going to win 4 out of 7 games. Only an idiot would think that.

What have the Heat shown this year that proves they are some elite team that can't be beaten in the first round? Or is it that you think they will just turn on some proverbial "switch" come playoff time after 2 months of playing like trash? Last year they looked dominant in the regular season, they didn't go from trash to winning a ship.

20Four
04-13-2014, 04:10 AM
LeBron James used his first appearance on NBA TV's "Arena Link" to make quite a statement. "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it." Taken literally, James' statement is newsworthy because it would mean that the Cavs' superstar, who can become a free-agent this summer, would stay in Cleveland at least as long as it takes to bring the city an NBA championship.

Lebron says he wants to bring a title to the CAVS (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/174990-lebrons-goal-bring-title-to-cleveland)

http://i.minus.com/ibysd1UyetQOdh.png

J Shuttlesworth
04-13-2014, 04:28 AM
In 13, Bosh was putting in 12.1 pts and 7.3 reb in the playoffs compared to 18 and 7.3 in the season. In fact, 2011 was the only season where Bosh was consistent in the playoffs with his regular season #s.

Wade's PPG in the playoffs dropped to 15.9 compared to 22 in the season. That's a giant difference. These guys are good options, but they haven't been performing up to their standards in the playoffs. Wade was really inconsistent last year but pulled through in the biggest games. We all know how Bosh's game 7 performance was. Also, we've seen Bron get it done without CB.

J Shuttlesworth
04-13-2014, 04:31 AM
It surprised me yesterday how much mia struggled to beat indiana with hibbert basically playing for them. Miami and Indiana are both hot garbage lately
:wtf: It was a blowout most of the 2nd half and they weren't even playing w/ Wade. How is that struggling? :kobe:

Jasper
04-13-2014, 05:37 AM
KDthunder, basically nailed it / champ or bust

But it's how Miami is grooming their final month that is question.
I've always stated that going into the playoff's you want a rythem'
them meaning your main players playing together and getting the know how ...
Any case the Heat no ware are near a championship team , but health has been an issue including age.
Whether they win it or not , they will need to retool 2014 summer (.)

Advantage is that the first playoff series they will use their vet's get their playoff grove , and go from their.

Trust me when I say Riles has his finger on this.

Concerns :
D-Wade legs
Bosh - turning it on in critical minutes
Allen - shoot reliability
Chalmers - health
(PF) shoot selection

* for some reason I still think they put it all together for a historic 3 peat.

2014/15 roster will look quite different , and a player that comes on board will be the 'new' three-some.

Nash
04-13-2014, 06:01 AM
Championship or bust
You tell yourself that.

Hope you're around when OKC don't win it yet again this year.

Andrei89
04-13-2014, 07:43 AM
:facepalm

San Antonio more stacked than Miami has ever been. Stop face palming little kid.

Nikola_
04-13-2014, 08:03 AM
It sure wouldnt be brans fault:rolleyes:

JohnMax
04-13-2014, 08:05 AM
Paul Millsap 11 points in 28 seconds vs. Heat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCiHOpNJXnc

Tracy McGrady 13 Points In 35 Seconds

fiddy
04-13-2014, 08:25 AM
lets hope so, ive got money on other teams to come out of the east

cos88
04-13-2014, 09:32 AM
this shows how much basketball op knows :facepalm

Dresta
04-13-2014, 09:49 AM
What have the Heat shown this year that proves they are some elite team that can't be beaten in the first round? Or is it that you think they will just turn on some proverbial "switch" come playoff time after 2 months of playing like trash? Last year they looked dominant in the regular season, they didn't go from trash to winning a ship.
And they learnt from that not to care much about the regular season. Not many teams with 3 straight finals appearances is gonna try their hardest throughout a whole 82 game seasons. Heat care so much about regular seasons that they played Wade only 23 mins last night, despite him being the most effective player on the court.

Anyway, this is an idiot thread, full of idiotic responses.

Frozen1
04-13-2014, 10:37 AM
It

DaSeba5
04-13-2014, 11:44 AM
And they learnt from that not to care much about the regular season. Not many teams with 3 straight finals appearances is gonna try their hardest throughout a whole 82 game seasons. Heat care so much about regular seasons that they played Wade only 23 mins last night, despite him being the most effective player on the court.

Anyway, this is an idiot thread, full of idiotic responses.

This

Marlo_Stanfield
04-13-2014, 11:50 AM
this.
if LeBron threepeats with this trash team i will move him to NR.1 all time

Doctor Jay
04-13-2014, 12:22 PM
this.
if LeBron threepeats with this trash team i will move him to NR.1 all time

bullshit

Lebron still got a decent team with one big question tag by the name of wade, switch him with KD and you got a favorite in everyones book

hawksdogsbraves
04-13-2014, 01:26 PM
If D-Wade can't stay healthy watch out, we shoot tons of 3's and have already proven we can give the Heat trouble. Realistically I think the series will go 5 games, but if we happen to have some hot shooting this thing could go longer than anybody thinks.

2swift4u
04-13-2014, 01:38 PM
I don't expect Miami to lose in the first round but it's not impossible. Imo they have never looked worse in the big 3 era than this season and it would be wrongt to think it's all just fatigue. The Heat organisation has failed to add some good players and most of the role players are too old or simply not good enough.

I definitely could see them get beaten by the Brooklyn Nets!

Marlo_Stanfield
04-13-2014, 01:52 PM
bullshit

Lebron still got a decent team with one big question tag by the name of wade, switch him with KD and you got a favorite in everyones book
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif
Durant isnt even expected to win with his ultra super stacked thunder squad:roll: :roll:

jzek
04-13-2014, 01:58 PM
First round, no. Second round, yes.