PDA

View Full Version : Are we gonna act like M.Ellis didnt carry his team to the playoffs?

Carter_17
04-13-2014, 07:30 AM
15-23 FG , 37 points and 5 assists. If Dirk shows up in the playoffs, I can see Mavs have a serious case for championship this year. :cheers:

nathanjizzle
04-13-2014, 07:39 AM
if it wernt for monta, mavs would be out of the playoffs. sad season for dirk.

BoutPractice
04-13-2014, 07:42 AM
Troll thread, but we should still give props to Monta for a great comeback season. He was fantastic tonight. Although he almost choked the game away on three separate occasions, the team wouldn't have been in a position to choke it away to begin with without him carrying the offensive load.

DMAVS41
04-13-2014, 08:02 AM
Monta was a beast tonight and has been fantastic all year...:applause:

DMAVS41
04-13-2014, 08:03 AM

Players averaging at least 21 or more per game at age 35 or older;

Kareem
Karl Malone
MJ
English
Baylor
Dirk

:cheers:

ILLsmak
04-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Monta was a beast tonight and has been fantastic all year...:applause:

Did anyone know dude was capable of that? I sure didn't. I know he can ball and get numbers, but I never thought he was the kind of player that could really do work on that level. I always thought (and still think... lol, even tho it's far from happening) that Brandon Jennings was the one the Bucks shoulda kept and built around.

but yea Monta has been beasting. Will be fun to watch in the playoffs.

-Smak

Akrazotile
04-13-2014, 08:59 AM
I never got the hate for Ellis.

Hes playing now just like he did alongside a prime baron davis years ago. Its not his fault teams were putting him in position to try and create the entire offense, rather than being a guy who feeds off someone creating it and finishing at a high level.

Its clear hes an asset to any good team. Bad teams were just asking the wrong thing of him.

DirkNowitzki41
04-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Players averaging at least 21 or more per game at age 35 or older;

Kareem
Karl Malone
MJ
English
Baylor
Dirk

:cheers:

dont do em like that :oldlol: nathanjizz is flatout the dumbest kid on this site.

anyways, ellis is a beast. he is really underrated. and we have the potential to be really really good next year

Marlo_Stanfield
04-13-2014, 11:29 AM
MONSTA Ellis is a BEAST. always has been. now he has the right coach and the perfect teammate.
his only problem is he goes from super clutch mode to epic choker in a matter of seconds:roll: :roll:

Random_Guy
04-13-2014, 11:36 AM
love ellis, always loved using him on 2k ohhh yeah.

Meticode
04-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Yes, very sad season, 50% FG% from the field, 40% from three, 90% from the line, 21/6/3 in 32 minutes per game.

The year they won the 'ship he played almost 2 minutes per game more, scored 1.4 more points, shot worse from three, shot about 2% better from the field at 52% 7 rebs 3 assists...

but yes, sad season. :facepalm

In all serious it was a great season considering he had some career lows and injuries last year, a lot of people thought he would be the the same, but yet he came back at 35 and put up a great freakin' season.

Fazotronic
04-13-2014, 11:47 AM

lol sad? you mean like the spurs making 1 seed with pop, manu, parker and still will even after duncan retired?
you mean like other teams don't have a other player stepping up?

this guy always trying to underrate dirk with stuff that don't mean jack shit.
what a pathetic loser you are.

19/3.6/5.8 wow dirk never did that. ****ing dumbass

eklip
04-13-2014, 12:48 PM
It was a great game by Ellis. He struggled recently with his shooting, but he stepped up in the most important game of the season.

Dirk is by far the best player on a 49/50 win team at the age 35. I'm not sure how that's sad.

kentatm
04-13-2014, 12:57 PM

:roll:

If it weren't for Dirk people would still be calling Monta a low bball iq, me first, chucking loser that can't help lead a team to the playoffs.

Kblaze8855
04-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Monta put up like 20/5/4 on 53% shooting on a 48 win team 6 years ago. It didnt make the playoffs but thats hardly a poor showing....

Especially considering his Bucks made it last year with less wins than that.

Anyone who would say he couldnt help lead a team to the playoffs just doesnt pay attention to the league in the first place.

Locked_Up_Tonight
04-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Lead is the word. Hasnt it. Probably wont.

kentatm
04-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Monta put up like 20/5/4 on 53% shooting on a 48 win team 6 years ago. It didnt make the playoffs but thats hardly a poor showing....

Especially considering his Bucks made it last year with less wins than that.

Anyone who would say he couldnt help lead a team to the playoffs just doesnt pay attention to the league in the first place.

:oldlol: you've been a bit of a Monta-stan for as long as I can remember :cheers:

Kblaze8855
04-13-2014, 02:09 PM
I dont know if im really a fan. But I often find guys like him a bit underrated. Especially when things like this are said:

If it weren't for Dirk people would still be calling Monta a low bball iq, me first, chucking loser that can't help lead a team to the playoffs.

As if this didnt just happen last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnQP9k843Sc

Hes not some top or even second tier player....but low bball iq, me first, chucking loser that can't help lead a team to the playoffs?

Harsh. This will be the 3rd playoff team hes at least a 17ppg player for and one year he didnt make it his team won 48 games. Hes not someone you cant win a few games with...

DMAVS41
04-13-2014, 02:28 PM
The thing about Ellis teams in the past is that they all played at a really fast pace and it was very much run and gun.

While I've always liked Ellis a lot and I think this year proved he's been more capable than a lot of us thought in many ways...he's roughly the same player he always was.

Definitely thing he grew as a player and learned how to be impactful in the half court and quite frankly learned how hard it is to play more team oriented ball while trying hard on defense.

Also, the year the Mavs just had is better than people think. We have a flawed roster in a lot of ways and we basically just won 50 games in one of the toughest conferences we've seen in some time in my opinion.

Ellis had a lot to do with that of course and while he didn't transform himself or anything...he definitely played his best ball in some time...and did so while also playing hard on defense, within the offense, and at a pace that wasn't simply run and gun.