PDA

View Full Version : Knicks interested in Lamar "Crackhead" Odom

fiddy
04-13-2014, 08:00 AM
The New York Knicks have expressed interest in signing veteran free agent Lamar Odom, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Knicks, at the behest of new team president Phil Jackson, have been looking into the possibility of signing Odom since the 34-year-old's short stint playing in Spain ended and are weighing whether to go through with adding the Queens native to their roster before the regular season ends.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10769490/phil-jackson-new-york-knicks-mull-adding-lamar-odom

:biggums:

dr.hee
04-13-2014, 08:02 AM
http://attfnd.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/formidable.1172677370.gif

bagelred
04-13-2014, 10:59 AM
My understanding is they might sign him so they could potentially trade his contract in offseason...as trade filler if they need it.

WallIn
04-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Just what the doctor ordered for the Knicks:roll:

(e)
04-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Phil is probably the only one who can save Odom. He's got the best gummy bears.

senelcoolidge
04-13-2014, 12:42 PM
:lol go ahead knicks...lol. Lamar is washed up and he's a drug addict. Even if they wanted to trade his contract...who would want him?

Haymaker
04-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Phil with a facepalm-inducing idea already. :facepalm

hawksdogsbraves
04-13-2014, 01:16 PM
This is Phil's idea of how to rebuild a team. Prepare for a fun ride Knicks fans :cheers:

bagelred
04-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Did anyone even read my post? It has nothing to do with Odom's playing ability.

Meticode
04-13-2014, 01:24 PM
If he puts in the work and shows he's ready I would have no issues with the Knicks working Odom. Obviously he isn't the great player he was as a Laker, but he could be a good off-the-bench guy getting 15-20 minutes per game.

But as I stated, he has to shown he's put in the work and he's in shape and ready. I'm sure Jackson would make sure that was the case.

Euroleague
04-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Cut by one of the worst teams in the Euroleague..........and an NBA team already wants him.

The same shit as always.

The NBA - where Euroleague rejects and has beens go to resurrect their careers.

Logically the Knicks make sense. Of course he saw Prigioni playing there and realized they are known for playing washed up Euroleague has beens.

Euroleague
04-13-2014, 09:17 PM
If he puts in the work and shows he's ready I would have no issues with the Knicks working Odom. Obviously he isn't the great player he was as a Laker, but he could be a good off-the-bench guy getting 15-20 minutes per game.

But as I stated, he has to shown he's put in the work and he's in shape and ready. I'm sure Jackson would make sure that was the case.

He was so horrible with his Spanish club, that they benched him in place of an 18 year old kid. That's right, he got benched for an 18 year old kid.

He's completely done.

Black and White
04-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Cut by one of the worst teams in the Euroleague..........and an NBA team already wants him.

The same shit as always.

The NBA - where Euroleague rejects and has beens go to resurrect their careers.
Logically the Knicks make sense. Of course he saw Prigioni playing there and realized they are a known for playing washed up Euroleague has beens.

2 words, Vasillis Spanoulis.

dazzer87
04-13-2014, 09:19 PM
And this is why Knicks paying Phil 12 million a yr.......:roll: :roll: :roll:

Budadiiii
04-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Euroleague is right yet again...

He may be a troll, but he's right 99% of the time.

ABfor3
04-13-2014, 09:22 PM
Phil trolled the shit out of the Knicks

Euroleague
04-13-2014, 09:23 PM
2 words, Vasillis Spanoulis.

You GUARANTEED Odom would dominate and destroy Euroleague, win the championship and be the best player in the history of the league.

He got benched for an 18 year old kid after a few weeks, and cut not long after that.

You are, as has been said numerous times here..........INSANE.

Black and White
04-13-2014, 09:27 PM
You GUARANTEED Odom would dominate and destroy Euroleague, win the championship and be the best player in the history of the league.

He got benched for an 18 year old kid after a few weeks, and cut not long after that.

You are, as has been said numerous times here..........INSANE.

I didn't guarantee shit and neither did anyone else, the fact that you couldn't comprehend that people were trolling you has me seriously worried.

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2014, 12:47 PM
If this is true it's a minorly bad sign for the Knicks under Phil Jackson. Maybe he is trying to help out a guy to whom he feels some loyalty, a desire I can appreciate. But there's no reason for a rebuilding team to bring in Odom. Maybe no reason for any team to bring in Odom. He's 34, will be 35 next season and hasn't been productive in what, 2 or 3 years? If you take out the humanitarian aspect and this is just another guy that is too far past his prime to help. As team president Jackson's focus should be helping the Knicks, not his old Lakers. Lamar Odom isn't worth a roster spot. Might as well bring back Chris Smith.

scm5
04-16-2014, 01:20 PM
If this is true it's a minorly bad sign for the Knicks under Phil Jackson. Maybe he is trying to help out a guy to whom he feels some loyalty, a desire I can appreciate. But there's no reason for a rebuilding team to bring in Odom. Maybe no reason for any team to bring in Odom. He's 34, will be 35 next season and hasn't been productive in what, 2 or 3 years? If you take out the humanitarian aspect and this is just another guy that is too far past his prime to help. As team president Jackson's focus should be helping the Knicks, not his old Lakers. Lamar Odom isn't worth a roster spot. Might as well bring back Chris Smith.

I'm fairly certain Phil Jackson deserves the benefit of the doubt for now. If he's bringing Odom in, it means he trusts him and feels like he would add value to the Knicks.

What this tells me is that Phil is probably planning on hiring a coach that can implement the triangle or a system like it. Having players that have played in his system would be very helpful in implementing the system (Metta/Odom).

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2014, 01:36 PM
I'm fairly certain Phil Jackson deserves the benefit of the doubt for now. If he's bringing Odom in, it means he trusts him and feels like he would add value to the Knicks.

What this tells me is that Phil is probably planning on hiring a coach that can implement the triangle or a system like it. Having players that have played in his system would be very helpful in implementing the system (Metta/Odom).
If PJ brought in some guy I'd never heard of from Zimbabwe or France or wherever I'd give the benefit of the doubt because I don't know anything about the player but do respect Jackson's acumen. Unfortunately in this case I have seen Odom's decline, we all have, and I also know he's doing crack. Throw in the fact that he's 34, an age at which many players are done, and I just can't see this as Jackson doing his best to help the Knicks. This to me is Jackson trying to help Odom, and while I respect the loyalty that's not what the Knick president should be focused on. Plenty of guys can teach the triangle, go find one that doesn't have a horrible drug problem that you must also now deal with.

SilkkTheShocker
04-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Good job Phil :applause:

el gringos
04-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Considering the Knicks need to revamp more than half of the roster win min wage guys who can be part of implementing the Triangle? That could be a great min wage pick up for next season. And if he turns out to be just a drug buddy to jr then you just cut him

Shade8780
04-16-2014, 05:01 PM
The Knicks are so ****ing dumb :lol

niko
04-16-2014, 07:02 PM
People's teams sign a guy for the end of the bench and it's who cares. the Knicks take a flyer and somehow it's a sign of incompetence. The Clippers were looking at him, no one thought it was awful, but the Knicks, it's the end of the world.

Either you lack perspective or you're just trolling because Lamar working out with Knick trainers this summer before he either recovers or is cut isn't a problem in any way.

Rake2204
04-16-2014, 09:05 PM
My understanding is they might sign him so they could potentially trade his contract in offseason...as trade filler if they need it.Is that legit? If so, why is everyone seemingly ignoring this?

Droid101
04-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Is that legit? If so, why is everyone seemingly ignoring this?
Because it makes no sense. You can sign anyone to use as "trade filler." Why him?

KyrieTheFuture
04-16-2014, 09:10 PM
If anyone can get Lamar to shape up it's Phil. But sending a crackhead into NYC is asking for trouble

JohnFreeman
04-16-2014, 09:15 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/cb82acb2cbd485f6da53ba840d12e562/tumblr_msls3q6Q3H1rs5ngxo1_400.jpg

no pun intended
04-17-2014, 03:52 AM
lol it happened

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/knicks/2014/04/16/lamar-odom-new-york-season-finale/7797957/

Rocketswin2013
04-17-2014, 04:07 AM
:rolleyes: I would actually feel bad for Knicks fans because of stuff like this if their fanbase didn't post ridiculous statements after every 2 game winstreak.

JohnMax
04-17-2014, 05:04 AM
Last time Odom was on the Clippers. He was better than Griffin and Jordan on defense.

Blue&Orange
04-17-2014, 06:35 AM
Phil Jackson :bowdown:

He correctly identified Knicks problem, Hypoglycemia, so he brings Odom to distribute candy.

Godzuki
04-17-2014, 10:32 AM
you'd think the Lakers and Phil would be pissed at Odom for admitting he was high during their games and i think even their playoffs. especially with how wishy washy his play was, and how fast he declined for them.

only in the NBA do they seem to not care much if their players admit to 'working' while being high on crack. its nuts how they're cool with that.

and the Knicks of all teams signing Odom just adds to the misery and contempt of their fans i bet. NY people are harsh critics, and you know most of them are like "this crackhead with the season already over..." but since its Phil he'll be able to get away with it without as much backlash i guess.

Shade8780
04-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Odom has always had an addictive personality. Back in LA during his prime, he was addicted to sweets. Now it just so happens to be drugs.

Phil gotta get him back to eating sweets to make the rehab easier.