PDA

View Full Version : "What is it like to play for Thibs?" - Carmelo Anthony asks a former Bulls player

JohnMax
04-13-2014, 08:36 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/coming-chi-knicks-playoff-bid-fails-melo-inquires-bulls-coach-thibodeau-article-1.1754800

http://i.imgur.com/0o26rVL.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
04-13-2014, 08:54 AM
It would be good for the NBA to have another team in the EC capable of challenging the Heat. Even with Rose's abilities in doubt Melo on the the Bulls would be formidable. I only have one issue: That photoshop is terrible.

Eric Cartman
04-13-2014, 08:56 AM
That ***** is gonna sign with the Knicks :facepalm

Blue&Orange
04-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Bulls traded Deng. I don't need to be Nostradamus to figure out what is going to happen, but i won't put aside the possibility of Lebron being ***** enough to go to the Bulls, the allure of being able to continue statpadding might be too much.

MP.Trey
04-13-2014, 09:44 AM
lol @ the backwards 5 on Carmelo's jersey, or is it an upside down 2? I'm too high for this shit.

SpecialQue
04-13-2014, 11:01 AM
lol @ the backwards 5 on Carmelo's jersey, or is it an upside down 2? I'm too high for this shit.

:roll:

Thorn
04-13-2014, 11:03 AM
essence of this thread right here

Kblaze8855
04-13-2014, 11:35 AM
The impression ive been given is that if we cut Boozer, let Dunleavy and someone else go we could have enough to sign one big contract....but not enough left to let Mirotec cover his buyout and make the money he wants(like 7-8 million).

Do I want 30 year old Melo for 100 million or the 23 year old european star who wants to be here and might stay for 15 years? And cap room left for a good role player to add as well?

Eh...

STATUTORY
04-13-2014, 11:44 AM
The impression ive been given is that if we cut Boozer, let Dunleavy and someone else go we could have enough to sign one big contract....but not enough left to let Mirotec cover his buyout and make the money he wants(like 7-8 million).

Do I want 30 year old Melo for 100 million or the 23 year old european star who wants to be here and might stay for 15 years? And cap room left for a good role player to add as well?

Eh...

the impression i get is that thibs is coming to the knicks

phil jackson effect

(e)
04-13-2014, 11:54 AM

Eh...
You forgot we would have to dump our 2 first round draft picks to go sign a max player. It's almost too much to give up (Boozer, Dunleavy, and 2 mid first round picks)

Can't say I'd be mad with picking up Melo though. Having him and Rose makes the offense light years ahead of where the offense is now. And would give the Bulls 2 guys who can carry an offense.

(e)
04-13-2014, 11:56 AM
the impression i get is that thibs is coming to the knicks

phil jackson effect
Thibs ain't going anywhere, at least not before his contract is up. Bulls are knocking on the door of a 50 win season. Lost Rose early and traded Deng...and they still might win 50 games? Yeah Thibs has earned a nice extension.

tomtucker
04-13-2014, 02:15 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/coming-chi-knicks-playoff-bid-fails-melo-inquires-bulls-coach-thibodeau-article-1.1754800

http://i.imgur.com/0o26rVL.jpg

Too unrealistic photoshop job.......get Rose the fukk out of the picture !

IncarceratedBob
04-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Melo with that ghetto trash hair is too funny

DuMa
04-13-2014, 02:31 PM
lol at the thought of rose being healthy enought to play with melo

secund2nun
04-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Melo and Rose together? LOL at the overrated no defense ball hogging chuckfest that would result in. Noah would average 20 rpg though.

ABfor3
04-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Bulls can still compete with Miami with a 30 year old Melo, he can play that Paul Pierce type of game when the Celtics won back in 08. He doesn't rely on athleticism. Can definitely still put up 25+ guaranteed

Harison
04-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Too unrealistic photoshop job.......get Rose the fukk out of the picture !

:lol

inclinerator
04-13-2014, 02:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YeZMK21.jpg

ReturnofJPR
04-13-2014, 02:58 PM

Eh...

You want the euro MVP who is the Next dirk. Melo is an idiot who plays no defense.

Smoke117
04-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Carmelo Anthony doesn't strike me as a Thibs type of player. I've made it clear that I don't like Pierce, but he always was a harder worker who put in the effort in all facets of the game when Thibs was the defensive coach on the Celtics. Carmelo is a guy who can score more points than Pierce did but does absolutely nothing else better or as well. He's a generally lazy defensive player that while not terrible like he was when he was younger, he basically makes no difference either way and he has zero skills as a play maker and making players around him better. Thibs has always seemed like a guy to me who demands alot and I don't see Carmelo being the type of player that a coach like Thibs would get a long very well with.

tmacattack33
04-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Melo and Rose together? LOL at the overrated no defense ball hogging chuckfest that would result in. Noah would average 20 rpg though.

Chicago would be the perfect place for both of them to play though. They'd be surrounded by great defenders in Noah, Taj Gibson, and Jimmy Butler.

el gringos
04-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Thibs prob is a candidate for Knicks head coach. And we know he is pusses about how cheap the bulls are.

Haymaker
04-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Rose should get used to passing the ball.