PDA

View Full Version : Has Carmelo Anthony been a success or a dissapointment for the Knicks?

RagaZ
04-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Looks like his Knicks career could be over in 3 months time.

He's been there for 3 years. Do you think his time has been good or bad?

Brizzly
04-13-2014, 05:55 PM
yeah he brought them their first playoff game win since like 00

HomieWeMajor
They only thing to come out of Melo moving to New York is his 3 point celebration. Lala knows what I'm talking about.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
2 1st round losses and almost a 3rd one last playoffs. Never made ECF and still has the worst winning percentage in the playoffs ever. It hasnt been a success or disappointment just in the middle, expected

mr.big35
04-13-2014, 05:57 PM
should have stayed in Denver now that his legacy is tainted

Smook A.
04-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Obvious dissapointment.

When Carmelo Anthony was traded to the New York Knicks, there were fans that were interviewed. The majority of them said that he would take them to the finals. Well.. after 3 1/2 seasons with the team he hasn't even taken them to the ECF.

2 1st round loses, 1 2nd round loss, and this year they didn't make the playoffs. Definitely a dissapointment

Brizzly
04-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Obvious dissapointment.

When Carmelo Anthony was traded to the New York Knicks, there were fans that were interviewed. The majority of them said that he would take them to the finals. Well.. after 3 1/2 seasons with the team he hasn't even taken them to the ECF.

2 1st round loses, 1 2nd round loss, and this year they didn't make the playoffs. Definitely a dissapointment

HE wasn't expected to lead them single-handedly, he coupled with Amar'e was supposed to lead them. We all know what happened to Amar'e.

Respect to Melo for going out and busting his ass every night for that sorry ass franchise.

tmacattack33
04-13-2014, 06:10 PM
He played well. The others around him didn't. Maybe he could have been a better playmaker though and a better leader.

Overall I'd give his NY career a B minus.

DMAVS41
04-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Failure, but damn...Tyson Chandler has been a huge success. Worth every penny...

Smook A.
04-13-2014, 06:12 PM
HE wasn't expected to lead them single-handedly, he coupled with Amar'e was supposed to lead them. We all know what happened to Amar'e.

Respect to Melo for going out and busting his ass every night for that sorry ass franchise.
He needs to go to Chicago. Melo would be a dumbass to stay with the Knicks.

blablabla
04-13-2014, 06:25 PM
The problem has been the team, we brought Melo in to form our own Big 3 consisting of him,Amare and another Superstar(CP3,Dwill,Howard) to challenge for a Championship. That as we know didn't really work out, because of Amares' constant injury problem and transformation from a Superstar to a Role Player and Tyson Chandler as the third big name or better big contract, Melo has been left alone to carry that team. His performances rarely disappointed me, he's worth the money we are paying him, but injury problems, coaching problems have led to the fact that we never put a suitable team around him.
So Yes I think Melo's tenure with the Knicks, so far at least, has been a disappointment, because at the time of the trade we had Championship aspiration or at worst that we could bother Miami a bit, but i don't fault his performance for that.

Budadiiii
04-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Failure, but damn...Tyson Chandler has been a huge success. Worth every penny...
Tyson gifted Dirk and Cuban a ring.

Show your respect.

jzek
04-13-2014, 06:29 PM
Good.

What's bad for the Knicks is giving Amar'e all those money. They could have used that to give Melo one or two legit options.

ABfor3
04-13-2014, 06:31 PM
He's can't be a disappointment, he gave that franchise the best scoring display they've seen in years.. Dude can't bring them to the finals by himself, maybe 10years ago but not with how teams are built nowadays..he needs a consistent second option..amare has disappeared , jr smith is loko crazy, and shumpert is still developing an offensive arsenal. I'd say he's given them what they expected out of HIM but not out of the whole team

RagaZ
04-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Remember he is playing in a very weak Conference.

Heavincent
04-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Carmelo has done his job. The team as a whole has been really disappointing though.

JellyBean
04-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Looks like his Knicks career could be over in 3 months time.

He's been there for 3 years. Do you think his time has been good or bad?

I think that his time with the Knicks has been successful. He has been to the playoffs 3 out of the 4 years he has been in NY. He got out of the 1st round. He has done his part, the rest of the Knicks have to step up and do their part.

secund2nun
04-13-2014, 07:48 PM
All that money for a missed playoffs, a 1st round loss, and 1 second round loss. Melo is not a max player.

MellowYellow
04-13-2014, 07:56 PM
this just proves that no matter how good one player is, u can't carry a team by yourself. If Lebron doesn't start getting some help he will get ousted in the first round.

DMAVS41
04-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Tyson gifted Dirk and Cuban a ring.

Show your respect.

I am...I know...you can't win without a 8/9/0 center that can't score without being thrown an alley oop.

He was the MVP...definitely worth 20 million a year

LongLiveTheKing
04-13-2014, 08:26 PM

Melo forced his way to NY, so its his fault.

NumberSix
04-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Is this a serious question?

Black and White
04-13-2014, 08:39 PM
All that money for a missed playoffs, a 1st round loss, and 1 second round loss. Melo is not a max player.

Interesting analysis, so why is Harden a max player then?

zoom17
04-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Is this a serious question?

Bodhi
04-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Carmelo has been great

Everyone other move has been disappointing and making Landry Fields untouchable in the Carmelo trade was idiotic

MellowYellow
04-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Melo forced his way to NY, so its his fault.

wrong

secund2nun
04-13-2014, 08:57 PM
this just proves that no matter how good one player is, u can't carry a team by yourself. If Lebron doesn't start getting some help he will get ousted in the first round.

LOL Lebron has never lost in the first round and he has taken trash to the finals and ECF.

Melo is a fake "superstar". His scoring is very overrated and the rest of his game is non existent.

secund2nun
04-13-2014, 08:58 PM
Interesting analysis, so why is Harden a max player then?

Harden is a bad contract just like Melo...overrated fake "star"

Black and White
04-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Harden is a bad contract just like Melo...overrated fake "star"

Melo is legit, its not his fault his team plays like ass, also remember that he plays differently to LeBron on offense, he is an iso/pure scorer type, so the LeBron comparision isn't correct, Melo has also gotten a lot better the boards too, he is a max player, there is no question about it.

MellowYellow
04-13-2014, 09:01 PM
LOL Lebron has never lost in the first round and he has taken trash to the finals and ECF.

Melo is a fake "superstar". His scoring is very overrated and the rest of his game is non existent.

Guaranfreakin teed Lebron woulda got ousted in the first round playing in the west. Lebron went to the finals and got swept by the same team Melo was able to at least pick up a win against in the first round. Lebron also missed the playoffs his first two years unlike Melo.

secund2nun
04-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Guaranfreakin teed Lebron woulda got ousted in the first round playing in the west. Lebron went to the finals and got swept by the same team Melo was able to at least pick up a win against in the first round. Lebron also missed the playoffs his first two years unlike Melo.

Lebron would have led his west team to a top 3 seed and advanced past the first round and that's with a crappy supporting cast. Give him Melo's supporting cast and that's a 1-2 seed every year. Lebron plays better against the West than the East.

Melo is world's below Lebron. That's just a fact. Do you really wanna start a Melo vs Lebron argument? The impact level between them is miles apart. Lebron is a much better bball player than Melo.

Do you really believe Lebron would be some first round loser in the West like Melo was? Not to mention that Melo had much better casts in Denver than Lebron had in Cleveland and he had a better coach as well.

Heck, in the East prime Melo is still a loser having only one playoff series victory in his 4 years as a Knick.

Blue&Orange
04-13-2014, 09:22 PM
He forced the Knicks to trade for him when he could sign as a FA, and he choked spectacularly game 6 vs indy last year and this year in the last games, dude went 0-6 in the 4th a couple of times.

Not sad about him leaving.

Trentknicks
04-13-2014, 10:05 PM
I thought it was sad enough the amount of time you spent defending Cuban's decision to let him leave.

TheMarkMadsen
04-13-2014, 10:10 PM
I thought it was sad enough the amount of time you spent defending Cuban's decision to let him leave.

Didn't you hear? it worked out perfectly, Mavs had their choice of Deron or Dwight and have been contending ever since

oh wait.. they haven't won a playoff game since Tyson left :rolleyes:

Mr Exlax
04-13-2014, 10:29 PM
It's been a huge disappointment. They were doomed once they traded for him though. If he would have just signed there as a FA, I imagine things would have worked out waaaaaaaay differently. I still don't think he wins a ring, but the team would have been 10x better than what it now.

houston
04-13-2014, 10:37 PM
huge failure

MellowYellow
04-13-2014, 10:38 PM
He forced the Knicks to trade for him when he could sign as a FA, and he choked spectacularly game 6 vs indy last year and this year in the last games, dude went 0-6 in the 4th a couple of times.

Not sad about him leaving.

change your avi and your name, then go root for Cheat... douche.

MellowYellow
04-13-2014, 10:43 PM
And btw it has been a huge success, this team wouldn't be talked about or relevant if they didn't get Melo. And they would be on 13 year long playoff drought.

Draz
04-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Dang has it really been three long years? Felt like yesterday.

coin24
04-14-2014, 12:16 AM
It's not Melos fault the Knicks have had idiotic management and coach. Or that amare has been injured and Tyson is a piece of shit.
I agree with dmavs only a fkn idiot would pay chandler that much. Yeah he helped the mavs that one year but what else has he done ever???

Melo plays his ass off every night, he deserves better than the shit they surround him with..

LoneyROY7
04-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Disappointment, but he will lead the Bulls to their first Finals appearance since Jordan.

navy
04-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Neither. He has been alright.

Blue&Orange
04-14-2014, 07:03 AM
change your avi and your name, then go root for Cheat... douche.
Knicks were a playoff team before he got there, in fact Knicks record was worse after the trade.

Last year he was having a amazing game against the pacers and i the end choked, this year he was having an amazing season and in the end choked.

His knickname should be 2Late, he was FA too late compare to his draft class buddies, he was too late figuring it out he was beta compared to his draft class buddies.

I'm sure the Thibs talk is just putting pressure on the Knicks to give him max money, just like he used the Nets to force the Knicks to gut themselfs. Don't do it Knicks.

JohnFreeman
04-14-2014, 07:19 AM
Can't blame Melo

The-Legend-24
04-14-2014, 07:22 AM
Knicks stay shitty. :oldlol: :oldlol:

ImKobe
04-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Melo's last 2 seasons have been the best of his career if you look at it statistically. Won the scoring title & led the Knicks to the 2nd round, it's not his fault the rest of the team is garbage.

Draz
04-14-2014, 10:01 AM
He carried us. I won't be unloyal to his talents here. He did everything any franchise could for from a franchise player. Hence the reason why Knicks fans want him to leave to do better. It's that guilty feeling we get, watching him go all out and doing everything.

imdaman99
04-14-2014, 10:08 AM
I know I should be more appreciative of someone who helped the Knicks actually play legit in the playoffs during one of the 3 years... but NO, majorly disappointed in his reign. I grew up on the 90s Knicks, and they were also undertalented but their heart was 2nd to none.

Melo couldn't co-exist with Amare, until it was too late. I hope he leaves. I do not want him back. Start from scratch, they have been terrible for more than 10 years so I can wait another 4-5 if it means Phil Jackson builds the right way.

Dro
04-14-2014, 10:17 AM
I know I should be more appreciative of someone who helped the Knicks actually play legit in the playoffs during one of the 3 years... but NO, majorly disappointed in his reign. I grew up on the 90s Knicks, and they were also undertalented but their heart was 2nd to none.

Melo couldn't co-exist with Amare, until it was too late. I hope he leaves. I do not want him back. Start from scratch, they have been terrible for more than 10 years so I can wait another 4-5 if it means Phil Jackson builds the right way.
:applause: