PDA

View Full Version : Heat cocky. Sloppy.

305Baller
04-13-2014, 09:12 PM
The Heat are going to have a huge uphill battle in these playoffs.

Yes they are mentally fatigued but the way they have let this #1 seed repeatedly let slip out of their hands is just a loser mentality. No excuses.

The Pacers repeatedly gave it to them and they never took it with any kind of authority.

This mentality is not a winning mentality and yeah the goal is to rest the starters but do the Heat really want a game 7 in Indiana if Indiana has already taken 3 from the Heats?

Hell NO.

Prognosis?

Miami: FOOLISH.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/582801/kung-fu-baby-o.gif

Prometheus
04-13-2014, 09:14 PM
The Heat are going to have a huge uphill battle in these playoffs.

Yes they are mentally fatigued but the way they have let this #1 seed repeatedly let slip out of their hands is just a loser mentality. No excuses.

The Pacers repeatedly gave it to them and they never took it with any kind of authority.

This mentality is not a winning mentality and yeah the goal is to rest the starters but do the Heat really want a game 7 in Indiana if Indiana has already taken 3 from the Heats?

Hell NO.

Prognosis?

Miami: FOOLISH.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/582801/kung-fu-baby-o.gif

2 seed has easier matchups. veteran club

305Baller
04-13-2014, 09:19 PM
2 seed has easier matchups. veteran club

So your saying they have done this on purpose?

:coleman:

Prometheus
04-13-2014, 09:20 PM
So your saying they have done this on purpose?

:coleman:

Well they smashed the Pacers without Wade and then immediately after got stomped out by Atlanta. I think it's possible.

305Baller
04-13-2014, 09:22 PM
Im rooting for the Heat. But they need to step it up.

Im sure they will but if they don't they will get upset by a quicker, more cohesive team.

305Baller
04-13-2014, 09:25 PM
What Im saying is that even giving up the #1 seed as strategy seems overconfident.

Heat prob will not even need a game 7 at home... but if they do... they will be shaking their heads at these last few losses and .500 post-allstar ball.

LongLiveTheKing
04-13-2014, 09:29 PM
It pissed me off they lost to the Hawks right after a huge win just to give back to 1 seed to Indiana. They are trying to hard to make it seem like they don't care about seeding.

305Baller
04-13-2014, 09:29 PM
It pissed me off they lost to the Hawks right after a huge win just to give back to 1 seed to Indiana. They are trying to hard to make it seem like they don't care about seeding.

Yeah, man.

JT123
04-13-2014, 09:31 PM
Well they smashed the Pacers without Wade and then immediately after got stomped out by Atlanta. I think it's possible.
:facepalm Yeah, I'm sure Lebron is in the locker room telling his teammates to tank games because he is afraid of Chicago and Brooklyn. That is how you build a championship mentality. :rolleyes:

305Baller
04-13-2014, 09:32 PM
has anyone seen this man?

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/HddUGycBo8B8RiU51igWfA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/153249383.jpg

JT123
04-13-2014, 09:45 PM

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/HddUGycBo8B8RiU51igWfA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/153249383.jpg
Hopefully he stays on the bench. His shot has fallen off so bad he won't even shoot open 3's anymore, which makes him useless.

TMT
04-13-2014, 09:49 PM
They don't want the #1 seed or any piece of Brooklyn/Chicago in the second round.

Graviton
04-13-2014, 09:50 PM
They won't have any issues until they reach the Finals. Sad thing is as much as the Heat have been fooling around, the rest of the East is still worse on their best day.

All they need is Wade to step up and a some role players to hit open 3s. And we all know in the playoffs Miami's bench players always nail clutch 3s. I am confident Battier, Allen, Chalmers, Beasley and Cole will contribute at some point.

cos88
04-13-2014, 09:52 PM
very hard to keep focused in the third season after winning back-to-back titles.

this, matchup problems that happen every years + constant injuries are what made the heat lose so many games.

i'm waiting to see what spo does with this remaining 2 games and who he will play.

J Shuttlesworth
04-13-2014, 09:56 PM

Nobody has been able to reach him. His phone battery is dead after too many charges

TMT
04-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Nobody has been able to reach him. His phone battery is dead after too many charges

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/aaron-paul-boo-bitch.gif

305Baller
04-13-2014, 10:04 PM

Someone tell him that he hasnt retired yet. ANd that he still has a job!!!

:D

SpecialQue
04-13-2014, 10:53 PM
Heat faggy. Saggy.

Bibby4Three
04-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Wasnt this same shit said year and year out?

and look has came out on top every year....

They get it poppin when they need too.

Gonna cruise through the East...Pacers are overrated af

poido123
04-13-2014, 11:54 PM
:facepalm Yeah, I'm sure Lebron is in the locker room telling his teammates to tank games because he is afraid of Chicago and Brooklyn. That is how you build a championship mentality. :rolleyes:

I can tell you now, they would much rather NOT face either of them.

There's no doubt that the Miami Heat group have discussed possible playoff matchups and I bet they are hoping to get the 2 seed.

JT123
04-14-2014, 12:17 AM
I can tell you now, they would much rather NOT face either of them.

There's no doubt that the Miami Heat group have discussed possible playoff matchups and I bet they are hoping to get the 2 seed.
I'm sure they would rather face Toronto, but no respectable superstar is going to instruct his team to tank to avoid a certain opponent. If Lebron or Wade were to do that, the role players would lose all respect for them. I could maybe buy a middle of the pack team losing on purpose to avoid an opponent, but not the back to back defending champs.

Lebron23
04-14-2014, 12:22 AM
Wade looks healthy against the Hawks. The 1993 Bulls only won 56 games in the regular season, but it's the best Bulls team of all time.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-14-2014, 12:23 AM
i hope LeBron will either sit the next two games or chuck the hell out of the ball to get his jumper playoff ready

Lebron23
04-14-2014, 12:25 AM
i hope LeBron will either sit the next two games or chuck the hell out of the ball to get his jumper playoff ready

Me too.

icewill36
04-14-2014, 12:26 AM
blame dwade..... if his body wasnt breaking down they wouldve won 60 games easily

Rocketswin2013
04-14-2014, 12:39 AM
I still don't think Miami is done coasting. I think they'll turn it up in the ECF but they'll take very easy till then.

ihoopallday
04-14-2014, 12:48 AM
I was fooling around on Stubhub for the Heat vs. 76rs game tickets. $2,000 for court side seats. :eek: Lakers seats are an average of $2500. That's my whole paycheck :biggums:

zoom17
04-14-2014, 12:54 AM
Heat will be fine come playoff time.

All Net
04-14-2014, 01:30 AM
Miami are going to need to go on the road back to back series to win.. Very tough.

All Net
04-14-2014, 01:31 AM
Wasnt this same shit said year and year out?

and look has came out on top every year....

They get it poppin when they need too.

Gonna cruise through the East...Pacers are overrated af

We were saying the same thing before heading into the dallas series. Sometimes the run just ends.

dude77
04-14-2014, 01:57 AM
it's really irking the fk outta me that they just gave the 1st seed right back right at the very end of the season ..

who cares who they play in the early rounds .. without the 1st seed, they're gonna be at a disadvantage from the start if they face indiana .. better to have hc than not to have it .. I don't think they're tanking on purpose .. I think they're just not very good right now .. hopefully they still have that 'extra gear' when the playoffs start

BlackVVaves
04-14-2014, 01:59 AM
I thought due to seeding, the 1 and 2 seed would both have to face either Chicago or Brooklyn in the second round? So what's all this talk about the 2 seed being an easier road?

Anyway. Does anyone REALLY think Miami is losing to Chicago or BK 4 times out of 7? I mean....really?

Legends66NBA7
04-14-2014, 02:09 AM
I thought due to seeding, the 1 and 2 seed would both have to face either Chicago or Brooklyn in the second round? So what's all this talk about the 2 seed being an easier road?

Anyway. Does anyone REALLY think Miami is losing to Chicago or BK 4 times out of 7? I mean....really?

Not likely, but anything could happen.

2swift4u
04-14-2014, 06:05 AM

I don't think the Bulls can beat them 4 times but the Nets certainly can as they've proven troughout the season.

LakersFan626
04-14-2014, 07:13 AM
We were saying the same thing before heading into the dallas series. Sometimes the run just ends.

This would be the Heat's 4th straight finals trip if they get there, which would be an amazing feat alone (the Bill Russell Celtics were the only ones to win it 4 times in a row and the last team in sports that made it all the way were the Yankees from 1998-2001, but they lost the 4th time). Going all the way three consecutive years DOES tire a team out, so these losses weren't exactly uexpected.

pegasus
04-14-2014, 10:51 AM

If the playoffs started today, Miami would face the Bobcats than the winner of Raptors/Wizards, while the Pacers play the Hawks and then the winner of Bulls/Nets. So Miami would have to play only one of its three toughest opponents in the East: Pacers, Nets. Bulls. That's as easy as it can get.

And no, the Bulls can't beat them four times without a proven scorer, but we'd bruise them like we always do. And you gotta be blind not to see the Nets beating them four times. They've already done it, plus they have all kinds of veteran weapons to go to when the game is on the line.

TheNaturalWR
04-14-2014, 03:07 PM

The Dallas series was an aberration. No way in hell is LeBron ever going to disappear in a series like that again. And 2011 was the only true "cruise through the East". The past 2 years we've had our backs against the wall at times.

Solefade
04-14-2014, 04:45 PM
If the playoffs started today, Miami would face the Bobcats than the winner of Raptors/Wizards, while the Pacers play the Hawks and then the winner of Bulls/Nets. So Miami would have to play only one of its three toughest opponents in the East: Pacers, Nets. Bulls. That's as easy as it can get.

And no, the Bulls can't beat them four times without a proven scorer, but we'd bruise them like we always do. And you gotta be blind not to see the Nets beating them four times. They've already done it, plus they have all kinds of veteran weapons to go to when the game is on the line.

bobcats are way better than the hawks though and arguably the worst match up for Heat/Pacers out of the 4 :confusedshrug:

HurricaneKid
04-14-2014, 05:10 PM
They don't want the #1 seed or any piece of Brooklyn/Chicago in the second round.

I've been saying this for weeks.

Do people seriously think that Indy is going to beat the Nets? Why?

So Miami will avoid the possibility of playing them both and would, assuming NJN win, still have home court. Whats the problem here. Are people seriously worried about Charlotte?

pegasus
04-14-2014, 05:58 PM
bobcats are way better than the hawks though and arguably the worst match up for Heat/Pacers out of the 4 :confusedshrug:

I agree that they are better than the Hawks, but that's not saying much at all. I think the Wizards, now that Nene is back, are gonna be a much tougher 1st round opponent for whoever gets them. I'm hoping they'll drop to the 7th seed and play the Heat while the Bulls get the 3rd seed.

Wizards - Bulls - Pacers/Nets is still much easier than any route the other finalist from the West will take, but at least it's decent enough.