PDA

View Full Version : Most disappointing coaches this season

tamaraw08
04-14-2014, 01:13 AM
1. Mike Brown. With several young explosive players like Irving, Waiters etc plus Jack, work horse players like Verajao, Thompson etc, the Cavs is 17 games under .500
2. Monty Williams, added TWO very good players in Evans and Holiday and managed to keep Gordon and the rising star in Davis, Anthony Morrow etc and yet is currently 16 games under .500.
3. Rick Adelman, finally have a healthy Kevin Love, Rubio, plus acquiring Brewer, Martin and yet, can barely stay above .500.

toxicxr6
04-14-2014, 07:13 AM
1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Disagree.. West is such a beast ... Being .500+ in that conference can only be down by a good team... If they were in the east they would fighting for the 3rd seed given how many games are against rubbish teams.. And then maybe people would talk about how he was a great coach

Im Still Ballin
04-14-2014, 07:53 AM
Cant hate on Adelman. Certain players on the T wolves are just overrated (Rubio etc)

ImKobe
04-14-2014, 07:55 AM
1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Disagree.. West is such a beast ... Being .500+ in that conference can only be down by a good team... If they were in the east they would fighting for the 3rd seed given how many games are against rubbish teams.. And then maybe people would talk about how he was a great coach

Wolves are 23-27 against the West & 17-13 against the East. Would they make the Playoffs? Sure, but it would be hardly because Adelman is a great coach.

I don't think missing the Playoffs is the biggest knock on the Wolves, it's more about them being horrendeous at closing out games. It goes back to the coach, because he's supposed to draw up the right plays when they need to score. Kevin Love is such a productive player, how come can't they win at least half of their games when it's decided by 5 or less pts with 5 minutes remaining? They are 15-17 in those games(with Love playing) & their DRTG is a putrid 126

B-Easy8
04-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Monty Williams has hardly been disappointing he has had an injured team almost all season.

Adelman has been awful. He has cost us so many games due to horrendous rotations and inability to draw up end of game plays. I really hope this is his last season for us.

kshutts1
04-14-2014, 08:39 AM
Thibs has really disappointed me. Bulls have ZERO shot at the title... so tank. I respect my team so, so much for always competing. I love that they don't tank... but at the same time, the rules allow it, so why not?

VIntageNOvel
04-14-2014, 08:44 AM
Mike D' Antoni

i thought he's worst coach in the league,
yet he carry those d leaguers to #5 record, ruining our tank :facepalm

fiddy
04-14-2014, 08:49 AM
no mention of Woodson? :confusedshrug:

ImKobe
04-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Mike D' Antoni

i thought he's worst coach in the league,
yet he carry those d leaguers to #5 record, ruining our tank :facepalm

not his fault, our team was pretty healthy at the start of the season & we hung around the Playoff picture for a while with a potential return of a healthy Kobe, I don't think he's that bad of a coach. He was pretty good post all-star break last season considering that we had no bench & no point guards with everyone injured.

dzav323
04-14-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm not a Monty fan, but it is unfair to label him as disappointing. NOLA just took Houston down to the final seconds the other night with 8 active players and with NOLA's top 7 scorers out. Started Rivers/Morrow/Darius Miller/Luke Babbitt/Ajinca

DukeDelonte13
04-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Brown still had the second youngest roster in the NBA to deal with, and to be fair, the defensive rating of the cavs improved dramatically from dead last the last two years.

Jack sucked this year. Deng was damaged goods.

He was allright, but he wasn't great.

aj1987
04-14-2014, 03:22 PM
Eric Spoelstra. I try to support him as much as possible, but his reluctance to play Beasley when Wade was down probably cost us at least 5 games. Would've had the #1 seed comfortably locked up. Also, it would've gotten him ready for the playoffs. Dude's averaging 8/3 on 49/40/75 for the season. He's definitely better than Rashard or Jones. If we lack scoring in the playoffs and Beasley is not in/playing well with the team, the losses have to be on Spo.

navy
04-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Eric Spoelstra. I try to support him as much as possible, but his reluctance to play Beasley when Wade was down probably cost us at least 5 games. Would've had the #1 seed comfortably locked up. Also, it would've gotten him ready for the playoffs. Dude's averaging 8/3 on 49/40/75 for the season. He's definitely better than Rashard or Jones. If we lack scoring in the playoffs and Beasley is not in/playing well with the team, the losses have to be on Spo.
The worst part is Beasly has had like 1 bad defensive game in the entire season.

aj1987
04-14-2014, 03:48 PM
The worst part is Beasly has had like 1 bad defensive game in the entire season.
Exactly, I was apprehensive first, but he was decent defensively. Much better than Jones and Rashard though. This is why I don't understand why he's not playing more. The only logical guess would be that Riley and Spo are trying to keep him in check. To make sure that he doesn't do anything stupid.