PDA

View Full Version : Lakers should resign Pau, but not for that much.

Connor B
04-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Maybe 12 million a year for 3 years tops. Look, I get this guy has meant a lot to the franchise but he's clearly lost a step, and I realize he's had to play in offensive schemes which don't cater to his abilities necessarily, but since the start of the 10-11 season he has not been the versatile force he once was, or even an all-star. I am afraid the Lakers are going to screw themselves by pouring too much money into him when they already have a ton invested in Kobe, have Nash's contract, and will obviously need to fill the roster with others. I am not a fan of them but as long as they are on my ****ing tv every week I at least want them to be good.

kentatm
04-14-2014, 12:01 PM
I imagine he is pretty much a lock to go to Memphis to play with his little brother

Real Men Wear Green
04-14-2014, 12:05 PM
I hope they do. Because that would put the final nail in the coffin for LA winning another championship during Bryant's career. If they are going to get a ring they have to sign LeBron James. Melo may help them make the playoffs. Regardless it will take a superstar max FA to put them at the level their fans are used to. Give Gasol all that 12 per and they can't.

bballnoob1192
04-14-2014, 12:10 PM
um gasol's chances of resigning with the lakers are about 0%. unless they wanna pay him retarded money.

Akrazotile
04-14-2014, 12:16 PM
I hope they do. Because that would put the final nail in the coffin for LA winning another championship during Bryant's career. If they are going to get a ring they have to sign LeBron James. Melo may help them make the playoffs. Regardless it will take a superstar max FA to put them at the level their fans are used to. Give Gasol all that 12 per and they can't.

Lakers cap situation doesnt matter, max players dont want to play with Kobe. This is widely known.

SpecialQue
04-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Gasol's the classiest player we've had on the Lakers for years. With how the fanbase has treated him, we don't deserve him. I hope he at the very least signs with a contender next season.

fiddy
04-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Never underestimate the power of Jim Buss' stupidity.

ZenMaster
04-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Gasol's the classiest player we've had on the Lakers for years. With how the fanbase has treated him, we don't deserve him. I hope he at the very least signs with a contender next season.

This.

sbw19
04-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Gasol likely isn't re-signing if MDA is coaching next season. He can be a difference maker if the Lakers sign a star and a solid defensive role player plus manage to hire a good flexible coach.

kennethgriffin
04-14-2014, 12:49 PM
the lakers suck because of their defense.

pau gasol is the worst defensive big man in the league

the lakers have nights where they get 110 points. but give up 120

every single night an apposing big has a career night.

shoulda traded him for picks

IncarceratedBob
04-14-2014, 12:54 PM
He's garbage now, any team who signs him will regret it.

Levity
04-14-2014, 12:54 PM
Pau playing the high post in the spurs offense would be a thing of beauty.

tomtucker
04-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Hope he fukks off to euroleague

LoneyROY7
04-14-2014, 01:33 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/96dfd27c14a00d806196860f394b053e/tumblr_n0alb9uYJF1rvekoro1_400.gif

Pau's legit though...if he was in Thibodeau or Pop's system, he would still be regarded as a top big-man.

Being forced to play in D'Antoni's atrocious system has unfairly hurt his image.

ABfor3
04-14-2014, 01:53 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/96dfd27c14a00d806196860f394b053e/tumblr_n0alb9uYJF1rvekoro1_400.gif

Pau's legit though...if he was in Thibodeau or Pop's system, he would still be regarded as a top big-man.

Being forced to play in D'Antoni's atrocious system has unfairly hurt his image.
I agree to an extent, although Gasol really doesn't mesh with DAntoni's system, he's putting up the same amount of points as his championship seasons but he's taking up a higher usage percentage. His field goal percentage is around 48% while that's not bad for a guard it's subpar for a big man especially for the talent of Gasol. I think if he's used in the right system he can produce well, but age and injuries have to be taken into consideration. I could see a team signing him for a 3 year / 30mil contract.

gts
04-14-2014, 02:40 PM
I doubt he comes back unless it's on the cheap... He's worn down, starting to see the niggling problems show up. He's best used in a support role now, his time as the go to big man are close to over, certainly not worth a large long term contract of any type. Maybe a 3 year contract at the most @ 6-7 mill per would be about right..

Derka
04-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Pau playing the high post in the spurs offense would be a thing of beauty.
They wouldn't pay him anything close to $12 million per season (and no one should because he's not worth that), but I like the idea...he and Duncan are smart enough BBall IQ-wise to play off each other to brutal effectiveness, I think. Both are terrific passers in and out of the post and can hit the jumper from 15-18 feet out.

That could be really devastating. I'd watch that.

ihatetimthomas
04-14-2014, 04:38 PM

Fans have given him unwarranted hate and bashing. But I think real fans truly appreciate the 2 titles be helped with and what he brought to the organization. However, there is reasonable criticism towards him as he has not been consistent and consistently healthy since 2010. Some of the struggles are due to him playing out of position or trying to fit into certain systems but fact remains is that he has not produced to anywhere near the level he was at when he got that hefty extension.

You can be the classiest guy in the world but if you are not living up to your contract or producing, naturally fans are going to get frustrated. Look at Derek Fisher. One of the most if not the most classiest guys to wear a Lakers uniform and fans were visibly frustrated with his play in his final years in LA. No one is criticizing Gasol's character, mostly the production on the court, which is warranted.

sammichoffate
04-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Parker
Ginobili
Leonard
Duncan
Pau

The Last Chapter :bowdown:

Sharmer
04-14-2014, 09:44 PM

Kobe not winning another title either way.

SpanishACB
04-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Pau writes a lot for various spanish (and enlgish) media.

From reading his "articles" one can clearly tell he's a very sensitive person.

One that can be easily dragged down by his state of mind a motivation.

I think Pau, in the correct enviroment and chemistry can make an 360-turn as a player, and become closer to the force he was in his ring seasons, albeit probarbly not as much.

swagga
04-15-2014, 07:11 AM

I think Pau, in the correct enviroment and chemistry can make an 360-turn as a player, and become closer to the force he was in his ring seasons, albeit probarbly not as much.

???

aj1987
04-15-2014, 07:20 AM
???
http://i.imgur.com/zyfxT1G.jpg

SpanishACB
04-15-2014, 07:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/zyfxT1G.jpg
legendary troll bait

brooks_thompson
04-15-2014, 07:25 AM
Parker
Ginobili
Leonard
Duncan
Pau

The Last Chapter :bowdown:

If only. You know Pop would bring him off the bench. Maybe once in a while he'd allow him to play with Duncan at the end of close games.

AirFederer
04-15-2014, 07:40 AM

I think you mean a 180-turn :cheers:

SpanishACB
04-15-2014, 09:27 AM
I think you mean a 180-turn :cheers:

Unless I meant a 360

tamaraw08
04-15-2014, 10:00 AM
With all the money he accumulated the past decade, If I am him, Ill sign with the Spurs for the exemption to basically back up Duncan and/or play along side him for 24 minutes/game. He then can play 3 easy years and play for a contender. Having a great coach like Pops too will help a lot.

Yao Ming's Foot
04-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Gotta love everybody claiming Pau was so mistreated with the Lakers and in the same breath offering him a "coveted" backup role off of the bench for no money for their team.

Nick Young
04-15-2014, 10:29 AM
veterans min with understanding he comes off the bench as 7th man or let him walk. Mamba doesnt have it in him to carry Pau Gasoft to any more titles.

Real Men Wear Green
04-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Kobe not winning another title either way.
If they got James they would be a contender. I don't think it will happen but a team with one of the top two players in the league should be considered a serious threat.

Nick Young
04-15-2014, 10:35 AM
If they got James they would be a contender. I don't think it will happen but a team with one of the top two players in the league should be considered a serious threat.
Mamba-Kyrie-Embiid-Love/Melo=Dynasty.

Meanwhile Boston will be rotting in obscurity for 25 more years, giving MVP chants to Lakers players:rockon:

Rooster
04-15-2014, 01:32 PM
I doubt he comes back unless it's on the cheap... He's worn down, starting to see the niggling problems show up. He's best used in a support role now, his time as the go to big man are close to over, certainly not worth a large long term contract of any type. Maybe a 3 year contract at the most @ 6-7 mill per would be about right..

Lakers will keep him if they can get him on that price.