sd3035
04-15-2014, 01:23 AM
Paul >
Westbrook >

Westbrook possibly next year if he has a good season

Paul is overrated garbage

Eric Cartman
04-15-2014, 01:24 AM
WEstbrook and Paul were injured so he wins it by default *.

LoneyROY7
04-15-2014, 01:27 AM
Westbrook possibly next year if he has a good season

Paul is overrated garbage

:facepalm

Typical ISH, can't praise one player without unnecessarily tearing another one down.

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 01:36 AM
He's clearly the best guard in the league after Harden

Curry > Harden

russwest0
04-15-2014, 01:37 AM

Typical ISH, can't praise one player without unnecessarily tearing another one down.

He's right though? :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

sd3035
04-15-2014, 01:37 AM
The Clippers would win 70 next year if Curry replaced that flopping pathetic bitch Paul

qrich
04-15-2014, 01:40 AM
He's clearly the best guard in the league after Paul

Fixed

ThePhantomCreep
04-15-2014, 01:45 AM
Fixed
No basis for this opinion. Curry clearly had the better year.

moe94
04-15-2014, 01:53 AM

Curry: 24/4/8.5/1.6stls on 47%, 61 TS%

Paul: 19/4/11/2.5stls on 46%, 58 TS%

Paul averages more assists with less turnovers. Paul takes 4 less shots. Paul is also a better defender. What is clear about anything? :confusedshrug:

JohnMax
04-15-2014, 02:03 AM
Curry managed to improve his stats across the board, while playing 2 less mins per game

RoseCity07
04-15-2014, 02:04 AM
I don't think he deserves it to be honest. Not that he isn't elite. I just don't see how he gets it over Westbrook or Chris Paul. Those teams are both seeded higher than the Warriors. Why should Curry get it?

Simple Jack
04-15-2014, 02:09 AM
I don't think he deserves it to be honest. Not that he isn't elite. I just don't see how he gets it over Westbrook or Chris Paul. Those teams are both seeded higher than the Warriors. Why should Curry get it?

Westbrook missed a substantial portion of the year.

qrich
04-15-2014, 02:12 AM

Because Curry put up a whopping five more points a night, despite taking 4 more attempts?

Because Paul averaged more steals than turnovers, along with a better than 4 assist to turnover ratio versus 3.8 turnovers in itself by Curry (barely over 2:1)

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-15-2014, 02:15 AM
He missed 36 games and OKC are 26-10 in those games

Marlo_Stanfield
04-15-2014, 02:15 AM
Curry Paul and Westbrook are all a tier above Harden thats for sure.
its just that Curry becomes unguardable more often than anyone else because his three is on point most nights:applause:

navy
04-15-2014, 02:24 AM
Stats. Games played.

Let's be honest though. Chris Paul and Westbrook are not even the best players on their teams. More so Westbrook then Paul who is still arguably better than Griffin.

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 02:32 AM

CP3 isn't taking over games singlehandedly like Curry

moe94
04-15-2014, 02:34 AM
Stats. Games played.

Let's be honest though. Chris Paul and Westbrook are not even the best players on their teams. More so Westbrook then Paul who is still arguably better than Griffin.

Why is that relevant? Was Kobe not considered a top 5 player with Shaq?

LoneyROY7
04-15-2014, 02:35 AM
He's right though? :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Damn, can't WAIT for the 2nd round against y'all redneck schmucks. :lol

navy
04-15-2014, 02:35 AM
Why is that relevant? Was Kobe not considered a top 5 player with Shaq?
He brought up team records. :confusedshrug:

moe94
04-15-2014, 02:41 AM
He brought up team records. :confusedshrug:

My bad. I have this thing...it's called retardation. I'm coping with it best I can. :facepalm

dabigbaws
04-15-2014, 02:55 AM
good on him. not better than westbrook though

bdreason
04-15-2014, 02:56 AM
I'd probably go with CP3 and Curry. My guess is that Harden gets the nod though.

Westbrook missed a lot of time, and Thunder did pretty good without him. I'm not sure Westbrook should even make NBA 2nd team. My NBA 2nd team would probably be Harden and Lillard.

ThePhantomCreep
04-15-2014, 03:07 AM
Because Curry put up a whopping five more points a night, despite taking 4 more attempts?

Because Paul averaged more steals than turnovers, along with a better than 4 assist to turnover ratio versus 3.8 turnovers in itself by Curry (barely over 2:1)
I know this is sarcasm, but five extra points is a sizable difference, especially when you factor in Steph's superior shooting percentages across the board.

qrich
04-15-2014, 03:10 AM
I know this is sarcasm, but five extra points is a sizable difference, particularly when you factor in Steph's superior shooting across the board.

It isn't sarcasm as it ties into the second part of that statement, which includes the amount of field goals attempted? If Christopher Emmanuel Paul took four more attempts, you really don't think he'd average five more points a night?

2.5 more assists per game is at least five extra points as well, is it not? That isn't even taking into account three point buckets/and1's?

Inferno
04-15-2014, 03:12 AM
It isn't sarcasm as it ties into the second part of that statement, which includes the amount of field goals attempted? If Christopher Emmanuel Paul took four more attempts, you really don't think he'd average five more points a night?

2.5 more assists per game is at least five extra points as well, is it not? That isn't even taking into account three point buckets/and1's?

Curry: 61% TS

CP3: 58% TS

Curry's the more efficient scorer

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 03:12 AM

Curry > Paul

CP3 can't take over games like Curry... hell they barely missed him with BG stepping up. Plus I can use that logic too; if Curry had one of the most athletic centers in the league he'd EASILY average more assists than Paul, not to mention CP3's gets gifted 2-3 assists a game just like Rondo :oldlol:

moe94
04-15-2014, 03:23 AM
Curry > Paul

CP3 can't take over games like Curry... hell they barely missed him with BG stepping up. Plus I can use that logic too; if Curry had one of the most athletic centers in the league he'd EASILY average more assists than Paul, not to mention CP3's gets gifted 2-3 assists a game just like Rondo :oldlol:

Warrriors have no weapons now? Is that where the argument has gone? The Warriors? :roll:

Curry takes 4 more shots. That is a fact.

Curry averages less assists and more turnovers. Another fact.

Curry is a terrible defender. Another fact.

Curry is booty. :coleman:

Inferno
04-15-2014, 03:24 AM
Warrriors have no weapons now? Is that where the argument has gone? The Warriors? :roll:

I wasn't gonna argue till that last part :coleman:

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 03:25 AM

I was being facetious with the "If Curry had DJ" argument, referring to the 4 shots qrich talked about. Yeah, he could be taking 4 more shots. Would he average 5 more points like was said? Then he's shooting a 2 and a 3 combined for 50% each game, yeah right. Plus, who's giving up those shots? DJ and Blake each gonna take 2 less open dunks? Reddick gonna shoot a few less 3s?

Anyway, Curry has incredible impact on a game, there's no denying it. When he gets hot, he is a ****ing problem in a way that CP3 is not.

I mean, CP3 is better than Curry in the same way Kevin Love is better than Dirk :confusedshrug:

navy
04-15-2014, 03:27 AM
Curry is a better scorer. It isnt debateable.

But Paul is a better defender and his assist to turnover ratio is some of the best of all time.

Pretty even if you ask me. I would take Paul for pure point guard purposes(the all star game showed us that, unless curry was just nervous), but Curry for excitement and shooting.

moe94
04-15-2014, 03:32 AM
I wasn't gonna argue till that last part :coleman:

You know I'm playing.

qrich
04-15-2014, 03:33 AM

What part of that post had anything to do with being more efficient?

Post was about five points being major, in which case, Paul taking four more shots, he'd more than likely score another five points. And that isn't counting the five point difference on assists. Let us also not include points given up on turnovers to the opposition?

Curry > Paul

This dude keeps showing why he has absolutely no knowledge of the game of basketball.

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 03:35 AM

Post was about five points being major, in which case, Paul taking four more shots, he'd more than likely score another five points. And that isn't counting the five point difference on assists. Let us also not include points given up on turnovers to the opposition?

This dude keeps showing why he has absolutely no knowledge of the game of basketball.

:roll: Coming from you that's.... rich.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1218906/horatio-caine-one-liner-o.gif

Post was about five points being major, in which case, Paul taking four more shots, he'd more than likely score another five points.

:biggums:

Do the math bro, it doesn't quite work out the way you think it does. Here's a hint: 50% shooting with 4 additional shots gives you 4 points.

4<5
CP3 is shooting 46%

:lol

qrich
04-15-2014, 03:36 AM
:roll: Coming from you that's.... rich.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1218906/horatio-caine-one-liner-o.gif

Well, you think having an athletic center is an extra two assists a game and that Chris Paul started games at the off guard spot.

Not much else needs to be said.

Do the math bro, it doesn't quite work out the way you think it does. Here's a hint: 50% shooting with 4 additional shots gives you 4 points.

4<5
CP3 is shooting 46%

Idiocracy continues.

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 03:37 AM
Well, you think having an athletic center is an extra two assists a game and that Chris Paul started games at the off guard spot.

Not much else needs to be said.

An athletic center is two extra assists a game in the same way the 46%FG, 36%3P shooting CP3 taking 4 more shots gets him 5 more points a game :wtf: you literally cannot do math

If you take 4 shots and 2 go in.... how many points is that? And what FG% if that?

ThePhantomCreep
04-15-2014, 03:38 AM
How is Paul supposed to score the same as Curry when he's already less efficient on fewer attempts? You guys are aware that percentages tend to drop the more you shoot, correct?

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 03:39 AM
How is Paul supposed to score the same as Curry when he's already less efficient on fewer attempts? You guys are aware that percentages tend to drop the more you shoot, correct?

No, qrich is not aware of that. Nor does he understand the types of shots and shooting percentages it would require for a player to score 5 points on 4 shots :facepalm

qrich
04-15-2014, 03:41 AM
An athletic center is two extra assists a game in the same way the 46%FG CP3 taking 4 more shots gets him 5 more points a game :wtf:

If you take 4 shots and 2 go in.... how many points is that?

CP3 shoots 36% from 3... somehow you expect him to take 4 shots, and make a 2 and a 3 :roll:

Free throws don't exist? Putting up five more attempts, with his style, more than likely will notch him a free throw or two.

But hey, Ty Lawson averages an extra two assists every game that Javele McGee plays

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 03:43 AM
Free throws don't exist? Putting up five more attempts, with his style, more than likely will notch him a free throw or two.

But hey, Ty Lawson averages an extra two assists every game that Javele McGee plays

:biggums: so now in addition to CP3 magically improving his FG% on extra attempts, he gets an additional and-1 every game? Or he can just draw fouls on each additional shot attempt?

:biggums:

qrich
04-15-2014, 03:45 AM
:biggums: so now in addition to CP3 magically improving his FG% on extra attempts, he makes an and-1 on one of them, every game? :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Paul shoots a freebie for every about 2.52 field goals he takes. Taking four additional field goal attempts per game, would mean he would be taking an average of an additional free throw, and then some, a night.

But hey, this guy thinks McGee gives Lawson two additional assists a night.

Genaro
04-15-2014, 03:49 AM
This year I would vote for Curry and Harden. But I don't think Curry is a better player than CP or WB.

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 03:52 AM
Paul shoots a freebie for every about 2.52 field goals he takes. Taking four additional field goal attempts per game, would mean he would be taking an average of an additional free throw, and then some, a night.

:facepalm and this guy thinks your FTA/FGA will increase linearly... not to mention he doesn't understand the concept of FG%

Ok buddy, we'll go real slow...

4 shots... plus a gifted free throw... now please, tell us how CP3 is going to score 5 more points and increase his FG% while taking 4 more attempts?

qrich
04-15-2014, 03:56 AM
:facepalm and this guy thinks your FTA/FGA will increase linearly... not to mention he doesn't understand the concept of FG%

Ok buddy, we'll go real slow...

4 shots... plus a gifted free throw... now please, tell us how CP3 is going to score 5 more points and increase his FG% while taking 4 more attempts?

Sad, doesn't understand simple averages.

Irregardless, Paul averages 2.5 more dimes, meaning that is anywhere from 5-7 more points he contributes on that end when it comes to aiding his teammates, and the offensive points contributed becomes a wash. Toss in defense and the ability to maintain possession of the ball without giving the opposition fast break opportunities, the debate becomes clear.

But hey, show me anywhere near where any athletic center gives his point guard two assists again?

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 04:01 AM
Sad, doesn't understand simple averages.

Irregardless, Paul averages 2.5 more dimes, meaning that is anywhere from 5-7 more points he contributes on that end when it comes to aiding his teammates, and the offensive points contributed becomes a wash. Toss in defense and the ability to maintain possession of the ball without giving the opposition fast break opportunities, the debate becomes clear.

But hey, show me anywhere near where any athletic center gives his point guard two assists again?

He realized his math was wrong about CP3 and magically averaging a better shooting % while taking more shots is impossible (not to mention the magical gifted FT) so he changed the subject :oldlol:

Let's say CP3 gets his magical free throw you are bestowing upon him. He has 4 shots remaning; if he takes 4 threes, he'll make one which gives him 3 more points (at the expense of worse FG%, TS%).

If he takes 4 twos, he'll make one (he only shoots 46%) for 2 more points.

What were you saying about averages again?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordade01.html

DJ has made 242 dunks thus far which is 3.025 dunks/game... 75% of those dunks are assisted, which gives 181.5 assisted dunks.... which is just about 2.25 assists/game :roll:

Thanks for playing, better luck next time:lol

Q.E.D.

edit: Irregardless isn't a word either... the word is "regardless". I've cleaned up your math and your grammar, you can thank me later

qrich
04-15-2014, 04:05 AM
He realized his math was wrong about CP3 and CP3 can't magically average a better shooting % while taking more shots so he changed the subject :oldlol:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordade01.html

DJ has made 242 dunks thus far which is 3.025 dunks/game... 75% of those dunks are assisted by CP3, which gives 181.5 assisted dunks.... which is just about 2.25 assists/game :roll:

Thanks for playing, better luck next time:lol

Q.E.D.

My math isn't wrong at all buddy, so nice try on that one. 4 more shot attempts along with a freethrow +, & CP would make up the five point difference.

And where does it also state that CP is the one that is assisting Jordan on them dunks? Blake has thrown a shitload. As has Collison, Barnes, Craw & JJ. This dude is now using team dimes and assigning them to a single player without any substance behind it. Have to love it.

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 04:06 AM
My math isn't wrong at all buddy, so nice try on that one. 4 more shot attempts along with a freethrow +, & CP would make up the five point difference.

And where does it also state that CP is the one that is assisting Jordan on them dunks? Blake has thrown a shitload. As has Collison, Barnes, Craw & JJ. This dude is now using team dimes and assigning them to a single player without any substance behind it. Have to love it.

There is no way you can be this dumb.

A free throw is 1 point. He needs to make up 4 points. He SHOOTS 46% which means he CAN'T SHOOT 50% ON 4 ADDITIONAL SHOTS HOW ****ING DUMB CAN YOU BE

qrich
04-15-2014, 04:08 AM

A free throw is 1 point. He needs to make up 4 points. He SHOOTS 46% which means he CAN'T SHOOT 50% ON 4 ADDITIONAL SHOTS HOW ****ING DUMB CAN YOU BE

This dude is real hilarious. Real hilarious. Doesn't understand averages in the slightest.

But hey, what can I expect from someone who attributes amount of times a single player has been assisted to a single player :confusedshrug:

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 04:11 AM
This dude is real hilarious. Real hilarious. Doesn't understand averages in the slightest.

But hey, what can I expect from someone who attributes amount of times a single player has been assisted to a single player :confusedshrug:

:eek: oh my god, I've been arguing with a special needs kid

Sorry bro, didn't mean to try to press the issue of "field goal percentage" and things like "2*2 =4" with someone with learning disabilities. I'm out bro, hopefully one day you too can understand statistics. PM me if you need any help beyond addition and subtraction.

qrich
04-15-2014, 04:13 AM
:eek: oh my god, I've been arguing with a special needs kid

Sorry bro, didn't mean to try to press the issue of "field goal percentage" and things like "2*2 =4" with someone with learning disabilities. I'm out bro, hopefully one day you too can understand statistics. PM me if you need any help beyond addition and subtraction.

Expected response.

"Hay guizz, nio une elze pazsers do Yordin buyt Krist!"

Reminds me of RoseCity earlier this year when Aldridge was averaging around 24 points on 20-21 attempts and Blake was around 20 on 17 attempts. Said 3 more attempts wouldn't matter :facepalm

ThePhantomCreep
04-15-2014, 04:21 AM
If you want to get technical about it, Paul has 3.6 attempts in which to score 5.3 points, thus matching Curry's PPG. This means that on many nights he'd only get three FGAs a night. Even a 2 and a 3 wouldn't cut it. Two 2's and a free throw wouldn't cut it either. Paul would have to make a 2, a 3, and sink a free throw every night, on efficiency he hasn't seen all year. In fact, Curry's TS% this season has never been matched by Paul at any point in his entire career.

So yeah, Curry's scoring exploits are special. 1st team all-nba in my book, though I doubt he gets it.

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 04:22 AM
If you want to get technical about it, Paul has 3.6 attempts in which to score 5.3 points, thus matching Curry's PPG. Even a 2 and a 3 wouldn't cut it. Two 2's and a free throw wouldn't cut it either. Paul would have to make a 2, a 3, and sink a free throw every night, on efficiently he hasn't seen all year. In fact, Curry's TS% has never been matched by Paul in his entire career.

So yeah, Curry's scoring exploits are special. 1st team all-nba in my book, though I doubt he gets it.

Dude, don't actually bother with the statistics and doing the math on the actual numbers from this season. qrich will just say you don't understand averages and go back to his strawman argument

inb4 "how you gonna get 2 assists from your C"

SyRyanYang
04-15-2014, 04:25 AM
so the whole argument that CP3>Curry is that if Paul takes 4 more shots per game he'd average more points than Curry?
Why doesn't he take 30 more shots a game and average over 50pts and then you can claim he's a better scorer than Wilt?

qrich
04-15-2014, 04:39 AM
If you want to get technical about it, Paul has 3.6 attempts in which to score 5.3 points, thus matching Curry's PPG. This means he'd have to score 5 a game on 4 attempts on some nights, and only 3 attempts on others.

Even a 2 and a 3 wouldn't cut it. Two 2's and a free throw wouldn't cut it either. Paul would have to make a 2, a 3, and sink a free throw every night, on efficiently he hasn't seen all year. In fact, Curry's TS% has never been matched by Paul in his entire career.

23.9 - 19.1 = 4.8
17.7 - 14.1 = 3.6

Through 10 games, Paul would have 36 shot attempts to go with 14 free throw attempts (ft per 2.52 fga) to score 48 more points. Let's say he keeps his averages (46.3% FG/85.9% T), that is about 16.6 made field goals (36/ and 12 made free throws, which totals to 44-46 points? So he'd be .2 to .4 off?

And the latter wasn't argued by me either.

DoodleDa
04-15-2014, 04:42 AM
so the whole argument that CP3>Curry is that if Paul takes 4 more shots per game he'd average more points than Curry?
Why doesn't he take 30 more shots a game and average over 50pts and then you can claim he's a better scorer than Wilt?

Why doesn't Nick Young shoot 30 more shots a game? Then he'd be GOAT.

Because averages right? :confusedshrug:

qrich
04-15-2014, 04:53 AM
What the hell? You just calculated the difference in their PPG and FGA... but then added 14FTs to CP3 without increasing his shot attempts by 4 (from 14.1 to 18.1) :biggums:

No shit I added 14 FTs? If he takes 36 more shots during a 10 game period, when he already averages under a free throw for every about 2.52 field goals he take, that equals out to 14.3 free throw attempts.

And adding 36 shots over that ten game period will also increase his FGA :facepalm

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 04:53 AM
23.9 - 19.1 = 4.8
17.7 - 14.1 = 3.6

Through 10 games, Paul would have 36 shot attempts to go with 14 free throw attempts (ft per 2.52 fga) to score 48 more points. Let's say he keeps his averages (46.3% FG/85.9% T), that is about 16.6 made field goals (36/ and 12 made free throws, which totals to 44-46 points? So he'd be .2 to .4 off?

So even with your special conditions (that he magically keeps his averages while increasing his shot attempts), CP3 still averages less points than Curry.

No shit I added 14 FTs? If he takes 36 more shots during a 10 game period, when he already averages under a free throw for every about 2.52 field goals he take, that equals out to 14.3 free throw attempts.

And adding 36 shots over that ten game period will also increase his FGA :facepalm

He takes a ft for every 2.52 field goals attempted at his current FGA... he would take less at an increased FGA.
Harden and Durant would take way more shots if you could just increase FGA and your FTA would stay at the same FTA/FGA ratio :facepalm:

ThePhantomCreep
04-15-2014, 04:54 AM
23.9 - 19.1 = 4.8
17.7 - 14.1 = 3.6

My mistake, I was looking at Paul's career average. It's late.

Still not going to happen though. Fg% trends downward the more you shoot. It doesn't stay static. If it did, Deandre Jordan (67.5%) would be getting 100 touches a night.

qrich
04-15-2014, 04:56 AM
So even with your special conditions (that he magically keeps his averages while increasing his shot attempts), CP3 still averages less points than Curry.

He takes a ft for every 2.52 field goals attempted at his current FGA... he would take less at an increased FGA.

A whopping .2-.4 less. Followed by a baseless claim.

But hey, I can see why you would be grabbing onto miniscule amounts being victory considering the only one, according to you, that throws lobs to DeAndre is Chris. Meaning, the missed games by Paul, only dunks DJ had were putbacks or his own post moves :bowdown:

My mistake, I was looking at Paul's career average. It's late.

Still not going to happen though. Fg% trends downward the more you shoot. It doesn't stay static. If it did, Deandre Jordan (67.5%) would be getting 100 touches a night.

Knocking down his field goal percentage by 1.5, with the rounding down means about a .4-.6 less a game? Not a humongous difference at all.

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 04:58 AM
A whopping .2 less.

But hey, I can see why you would be grabbing onto miniscule amounts being victory considering the only one, according to you, that throws lobs to DeAndre is Chris. Meaning, the missed games by Paul, only dunks DJ had were putbacks or his own post moves :bowdown:

This kid doesn't know what "facetious" means, too complex for his vocabulary :lol

You're fixated on that 2 assists remark I made in jest (go back and read what was written) like it beat you and took your money :oldlol:

qrich
04-15-2014, 05:01 AM
This kid doesn't know what "facetious" means, too complex for his vocabulary :lol

You're fixated on that 2 assists remark I made in jest (go back and read what was written) like it beat you and took your money :oldlol:

Typical.

Wondering when the next deleted post will come :yawn:

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 05:03 AM

:roll: this guy doesn't even know JaVale has been out for days

Haks
04-15-2014, 07:44 AM
Curry>CP3
Curry doesn't average 5 more fga first of all its 3. Secondly he is waaay more efficient so for cp3 to average 24ppg his fg% would drop and its already lower than Curry's. Lastly no one cares about a PG's defence that much especially when the team is top 5 in D clearly his lack of D isn't affecting the teams overall defence.
Plus Curry doesn't have all that much of a help on the offensive end only ppl who havnt watched gsw would say that. Klay is beyond inconsistent, Iggy can't score at all, bogut is the for defensive purposes, Barnes has been horrible and Lee has missed a lot of games this year. Plus the bench is awful one of the worst in the league. The team is horrible on O when curry sits

fpliii
04-15-2014, 07:52 AM
I'm not ready to put Curry on CP3's level, but I think those two, along with WB, are definitely the top 3 PGs in the league. I do think Curry has to make the first team, since CP3 missed a bunch of games.

Not sure who would round out the top 5. Conley and Wall, maybe?

stevieming
04-15-2014, 08:36 AM
It should be, his stock is at all time high, and he's been balling!!!

stevieming
04-15-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm not ready to put Curry on CP3's level, but I think those two, along with WB, are definitely the top 3 PGs in the league. I do think Curry has to make the first team, since CP3 missed a bunch of games.

Not sure who would round out the top 5. Conley and Wall, maybe?

I wasn't either, but after watching a couple of head to heads...

Curry is right there now....

CP3 tries to mentally intimidate the other PGs with his handles and dirty play...Jeremy is always getting punked by CP3...doesn't work against Pat B!

Anyway, back to Curry....he's not afraid to go at CP3 and plays his usual game, if anything he brings it....and you can tell CP3 plays like this guy is on my level and I need to be on my game, he doesn't try much extra curricular stuff with Steph...

I've also noticed CP3 doesn't have that explosive scoring ability like Steph, to be able to break and end a game in the third or early fourth quarter..he tends to try and take over in the last 5-6 minutes....which to me is an indication of his fitness and scoring ability.....

Jlamb47
04-15-2014, 09:24 AM
CP3 is better then Curry
CP3 defense is better, he passes better and can score as well

sd3035
04-15-2014, 09:32 AM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

imdaman99
04-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Good on him, he deserves it :applause:

I'd still take Westbrook. He dominates opposing point guards 9 out of 10 times. He is a walking mismatch.

ABfor3
04-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Curry has had the better season, but he's not better than CP3 just yet. CP3 is handles the ball better and has the best turnover to assist ratio, where as curry is not even top 30 in the league. CP3 can take the opposing teams point guard out the game by locking him down, or limiting his scoring . Stephen Curry is not as strong as Chris and is a flaky defender...however i could understand if someone rather have Curry over cp3, he is a top 3 PG.

sketchy
04-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Steph is one of my favorite players in the league, but when CP3 can play, there's no better point guard in the league. He completely controls an offense the same way Rondo does, but can also score almost at will. Even though his defense is way overrated, he's still one of the better defenders at the PG position.

With that being said, Steph is a great floor general, obviously an insane scorer, and isn't as bad on defense as he used to be. I think he's the second best PG in the league and deserves 1st team this year next to CP3.

Darius
04-15-2014, 11:33 AM

If Chris Paul has an eFG% of 50.6% and he takes 4 more shots he is going to average 4 more points.

In addition, every 2.5 shots he takes, he averages 1 FT which means he would average .8 points extra.

You could argue that his eFG% might go down if he takes 4 more shots but the 0.8 in FTs would balance that out.

scm5
04-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Steph is one of my favorite players in the league, but when CP3 can play, there's no better point guard in the league. He completely controls an offense the same way Rondo does, but can also score almost at will. Even though his defense is way overrated, he's still one of the better defenders at the PG position.

With that being said, Steph is a great floor general, obviously an insane scorer, and isn't as bad on defense as he used to be. I think he's the second best PG in the league and deserves 1st team this year next to CP3.

I completely agree.

I don't think Harden or Westbrook deserve a 1st team nomination this year. Harden barely plays any defense, whether it's due to a foot problem or not. Westbrook has been injured a lot this season and has had it easier than Curry with Durant playing out of his mind.

sketchy
04-15-2014, 02:28 PM
I completely agree.

I don't think Harden or Westbrook deserve a 1st team nomination this year. Harden barely plays any defense, whether it's due to a foot problem or not. Westbrook has been injured a lot this season and has had it easier than Curry with Durant playing out of his mind.
Exactly. :cheers:

Rocketswin2013
04-15-2014, 02:42 PM
Should be:
CP3
Harden
Durant
Lebron
Howard
:confusedshrug:

I wouldn't be mad if Curry got Harden's spot though tbh.