PDA

View Full Version : Any dunkers at ISH?

sammichoffate
04-15-2014, 09:43 PM
If so, what are your vertical jump measurements?

Milbuck
04-15-2014, 10:05 PM
I used to be able to dunk in 60s, now I watch my grandkids dunk.

Demitri98
04-15-2014, 10:07 PM
:applause:

mr.big35
04-15-2014, 10:07 PM
if the rim is at 5 feet i could windmills. nice avy milbuck

sammichoffate
04-15-2014, 10:09 PM
I used to be able to dunk in 60s, now I watch my grandkids dunk.http://24.media.tumblr.com/2598e04669946ad9491aba7a3053523f/tumblr_mr9uohB5zp1qa2xozo1_400.gif

AintNoSunshine
04-15-2014, 10:12 PM
I used to be able to dunk a tennis ball from the free throw line, but then I injured my leg, but I can still dunk with ease. My vert is somewhere 60' in my prime.

Rake2204
04-15-2014, 10:47 PM
I think my dunking days are limited, but I've been thinking that for the past five years, so I could be wrong. I'm 30 now though, so I have to be getting closer to being right.

I have not measured any of my verts within the past year but historically, it's been measured 29.5 off one step, 35" max. At a short armed 6'3'', that's been enough to allow me to flush with relative ease in the open floor during games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wXwG1ciSpI

kc16
04-15-2014, 11:34 PM
I can dunk with my right hand and with two hands, though not often. Still working on better grip of the ball with my left hand to dunk left handed. Unfortunately I don't know my vert but assure you guys I can dunk on a 10 foot goal.

poido123
04-15-2014, 11:35 PM
No posters on ISH can dunk.

All fat nerds talking like they play ball. :banana:

JimmyMcAdocious
04-15-2014, 11:46 PM
Best I could do was grab the rim with one hand, pull myself while palming the ball, and dunk with the other. 5-9. I consider it an accomplishment.

oarabbus
04-15-2014, 11:53 PM
I can touch the net lol... not nearly tall enough to dunk.

HylianNightmare
04-16-2014, 12:02 AM
i can dunk on 2k

hahaitme
04-16-2014, 12:02 AM

nice avi lol

LongLiveTheKing
04-16-2014, 12:06 AM
I have good hops for my size I can touch the rim.

moe94
04-16-2014, 12:06 AM

:coleman:

Don't hate on potential dunking brodies

LONGTIME
04-16-2014, 12:09 AM

shiiiiiiiiit throw down nasty dunks all the time on my mini hoop. :pimp:

moe94
04-16-2014, 12:12 AM
shiiiiiiiiit throw down nasty dunks all the time on my mini hoop. :pimp:

I'm the Vince Carter of the Fisher Price nets :banana:

LONGTIME
04-16-2014, 12:15 AM
I'm the Vince Carter of the Fisher Price nets :banana:

:cheers:

Straight_Ballin
04-16-2014, 12:27 AM
We got some bouncers on iSH alright....

http://s209.photobucket.com/user/scooter-man/media-full/DInet/Crap/pHmEQ_zps4e4aa5ec.gif.html

jamal99
04-16-2014, 12:31 AM
My vert is pretty much non-existent these days, but I can still throw it down due to height...

AboutBuckets
04-16-2014, 12:39 AM
Could dunk back in High School, now a Junior in College and just dunked a volleyball yesterday. Came close to dunking a full size ball a few weeks ago but the vert just isn't what it was when I was working out for an actual season. 5'10 btw, I've always had above average hops for a skinny white kid

D.J.
04-16-2014, 01:38 AM
Back when I was in high school(this is almost 20 years ago), I could dunk on 11 feet. But that's also being 6'8" with fresh legs. Now at 35, I can still dunk on 10 feet in my sleep, but I'm not sure what my high touch would be. Probably somewhere around 11 feet, not the 11'6" ish I was at 16-17 years old.

STATUTORY
04-16-2014, 01:41 AM
we all have the potential to dunk

http://www.rantlifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/5big7.jpg

CeltsGarlic
04-16-2014, 01:42 AM
Yes.

dabigbaws
04-16-2014, 01:44 AM
4"2 can windmill. also couldve done the 12ft rim dunk dwight did.

moe94
04-16-2014, 01:45 AM
we all have the potential to dunk

http://www.rantlifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/5big7.jpg

Dunkaroos reference is always welcomed. :bowdown: :rockon:

julizaver
04-16-2014, 02:02 AM
I could dunk off one leg with two hands but never done in a real game. In the school yards where most of the baskets were several inches lower (9 ft and something) I could do ingame dunks. I stop playing basketball at 20-21 and at that time I was very skinny 6'1" (barefoot). Nowadays I am 6'2'' but all I could probably do is to touch the rim at 10ft. I am playing football (soccer) now but still watching bball (NBA).

plowking
04-16-2014, 02:12 AM
High school, I could throw down some mean ones. But then again I was 6'3 and about 165lbs... Favorite dunk was the reverse pump. Could do a 1 legged windmill, and 360's even though I hated them.

Now, its about as basic as a one hander, two hander, and maybe a shameful one footed tomahawk. That was when I bulked up to 235lbs, and the last time I even picked up a basketball. I've cut to 215lbs now, so a decent tomahawk is probably doable.

sammichoffate
04-16-2014, 02:20 AM
High school, I could throw down some mean ones. But then again I was 6'3 and about 165lbs... Favorite dunk was the reverse pump. Could do a 1 legged windmill, and 360's even though I hated them.

Now, its about as basic as a one hander, two hander, and maybe a shameful one footed tomahawk. That was when I bulked up to 235lbs, and the last time I even picked up a basketball. I've cut to 215lbs now, so a decent tomahawk is probably doable.Sounds raw af. Ever measure your vert?

ABfor3
04-16-2014, 02:33 AM
Was on varsity team in highschool, I never could dunk a basketball but a tennis ball and volleyball..being 5'11 and not black I think it's a pretty good accomplishment for myself

plowking
04-16-2014, 02:39 AM
Sounds raw af. Ever measure your vert?

I think back in my last year of high school, which is when I was probably jumping my highest (that and first year of uni) we measured both standing and running.

Can't remember exactly the standing one, but I believe it was 78cm (31 inches). Running one was 94cm, which is exactly 37 inches.

Could never come close to a through the legs dunk, even though that was one of my dreams. My wingspan is quite short I guess considering my height. It's exactly 6'3, my height, so I guess it held me back a little in regards to being able to pull off some dunks.

Rake2204
04-16-2014, 09:26 AM

Now, its about as basic as a one hander, two hander, and maybe a shameful one footed tomahawk. That was when I bulked up to 235lbs, and the last time I even picked up a basketball. I've cut to 215lbs now, so a decent tomahawk is probably doable.I am a little jealous, for we have almost the same measurements (6'3'' 165-170). I could never get the reverse down, and I most definitely could not windmill. I could 360 though (or 270, it began from the right wing).

Sometimes I wonder if I couldn't do more dunks because I rarely ever tried to do other stuff. Like, I figured it wasn't possible for a guy my size with my hops, but I've seen similar folks come close so it's made me wonder over the years. For instance, I believe I could surely get high enough for a reverse, but for some reason I never took the time to get the process correct.

Also, I think a part of me was always worried about maintaining the ability to complete game dunks, so I never skewed too far from those types over the years (aside from some bounce dunks or 360's here or there). Even at like, age 22, I always felt like I'd lose the ability to dunk if I didn't constantly work at it.

PistonsFan#21
04-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Dunked a few times at 5'8'' but it was basic 1 hand off 2 feet dunks. I grew up to about 5'9'' now but dont train my vert as much. I can still throw it down on a good day. Didnt measure my vert but i know my reach is 7'4''. Will try to get a video soon

blazersfan52
04-16-2014, 09:52 AM
I can almost dunk it, my biggest problem is I can't palm a ball, I can almost flush it in two handed, if you count the Dwight Free Throw line dunk were he touched the rim with his finger tip then mine would probably count were I jump and the ball just always barely moves and so it goes around the hoop for a second and then goes in, in which case I can dunk it pretty regularly, and I don't know my vert, I'm a little over 6' tall with a wingspan that is like 6'3-6'4, my standing reach I can't remember I think it was something like 7'8 or around there its been awhile since I measured it, my guess for my Standing vert going by my guessed standing reach would be around 28 Inches, but my running vert is where I get it all mine would be around 36 inches, I could be wrong on those though, I never have measured either so I can't say for sure, and I've never really done in training in jumping other than running around jumping a lot, I hope to start doing squats and plyometrics soon to improve my vert because I think after like two weeks of those I'd be dunking the ball with two hands pretty easily.

KyrieTheFuture
04-16-2014, 10:13 AM
I could 360 windmill back in the day

plowking
04-16-2014, 10:30 AM
I am a little jealous, for we have almost the same measurements (6'3'' 165-170). I could never get the reverse down, and I most definitely could not windmill. I could 360 though (or 270, it began from the right wing).

Sometimes I wonder if I couldn't do more dunks because I rarely ever tried to do other stuff. Like, I figured it wasn't possible for a guy my size with my hops, but I've seen similar folks come close so it's made me wonder over the years. For instance, I believe I could surely get high enough for a reverse, but for some reason I never took the time to get the process correct.

Also, I think a part of me was always worried about maintaining the ability to complete game dunks, so I never skewed too far from those types over the years (aside from some bounce dunks or 360's here or there). Even at like, age 22, I always felt like I'd lose the ability to dunk if I didn't constantly work at it.

I sucked at 360's... Recorded myself a few times, and they looked shit.
The one thing I hated is that I was a one footed jumper, and a lot of my dunks didn't look as good as the two footed versions. Windmill for example.

Although I always preferred my version of the reverse pump off one foot over the two foot version.

Yeah, I'm with you on not really maxing out my ability in terms of creativeness. I did like trying a lot of dunks, but once I was able to windmill, I really didn't care. I've seen guys with similar jumping ability to myself pull off between the legs dunks, but I never seemed to be able to get close. I never really tried much just due to thinking it wasn't anywhere near possible at the level I was at.

Rake2204
04-16-2014, 10:35 AM
I can almost dunk it, my biggest problem is I can't palm a ball, I can almost flush it in two handed, if you count the Dwight Free Throw line dunk were he touched the rim with his finger tip then mine would probably count were I jump and the ball just always barely moves and so it goes around the hoop for a second and then goes in, in which case I can dunk it pretty regularly, and I don't know my vert, I'm a little over 6' tall with a wingspan that is like 6'3-6'4, my standing reach I can't remember I think it was something like 7'8 or around there its been awhile since I measured it, my guess for my Standing vert going by my guessed standing reach would be around 28 Inches, but my running vert is where I get it all mine would be around 36 inches, I could be wrong on those though, I never have measured either so I can't say for sure, and I've never really done in training in jumping other than running around jumping a lot, I hope to start doing squats and plyometrics soon to improve my vert because I think after like two weeks of those I'd be dunking the ball with two hands pretty easily.If it helps, if your standing reach is truly only 7'8'' (going by the last you checked, though with a wingspan of 6'4'' I'd say there's a chance it'd be greater than 7'8'' by now), a 30'' vert would get you to 122 inches, aka 10'2''. A 36'' vert would elevate you to 10'8'', which should be enough to dunk with regularity, even without being able to palm a ball.

I sucked at 360's... Recorded myself a few times, and they looked shit.
The one thing I hated is that I was a one footed jumper, and a lot of my dunks didn't look as good as the two footed versions. Windmill for example.

Although I always preferred my version of the reverse pump off one foot over the two foot version.

Yeah, I'm with you on not really maxing out my ability in terms of creativeness. I did like trying a lot of dunks, but once I was able to windmill, I really didn't care. I've seen guys with similar jumping ability to myself pull off between the legs dunks, but I never seemed to be able to get close. I never really tried much just due to thinking it wasn't anywhere near possible at the level I was at.I feel you there. The between-the-legs thing is what made me think about how much certain dunks are more about technique than just flat elevation. Dunking between-the-legs was tough enough for me on, like, a 7.5 foot rim, and I felt it was largely because I didn't really know how to do it correctly. But I figured I'd always have a 0% chance on a regulation goal, so I never really gave it a shot. Ditto for the windmill. I'd always try the windmill off two feet; didn't even think about trying off one until a year ago. But again, it felt so unnatural; I didn't even know where to start.

Irisn
04-16-2014, 10:41 AM
I can throw down some okay dunks at 6'3". Had a a 38 inch vert but haven't had time to workout recently so probably sitting on a 35ish now

OmniStrife
04-16-2014, 11:27 AM
White, 5'10'
Can touch the bottom of a backboard. no more.

kshutts1
04-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Could dunk a tennis ball in HS, a volleyball in college. Now, nothing. But 3s are worth more points, anyway:lol

6'1, 175-180 is where I'm normally at, though.

Vert numbers seem weird in this thread, though. I've got some relatively long arms, and when I had my vert checked I was around 31-35" in college. With my standing reach of nearly eight feet it should have been easy for me to dunk. Just never had the coordination for dunking, maybe? Couldn't even do it well on 8 foot hoops back in the day.

Rake2204
04-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Could dunk a tennis ball in HS, a volleyball in college. Now, nothing. But 3s are worth more points, anyway:lol

6'1, 175-180 is where I'm normally at, though.

Vert numbers seem weird in this thread, though. I've got some relatively long arms, and when I had my vert checked I was around 31-35" in college. With my standing reach of nearly eight feet it should have been easy for me to dunk. Just never had the coordination for dunking, maybe? Couldn't even do it well on 8 foot hoops back in the day.Hmm, yeah. A max vert of 31'' with a standing reach or 8' would put you around 127'' jumping reach, unless I severely miscalculated (it's possible). One would think seven inches above the rim or more (accounting for your range to 35'') would be enough to give you a fair shot.

kshutts1
04-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Hmm, yeah. A max vert of 31'' with a standing reach or 8' would put you around 127'' jumping reach, unless I severely miscalculated (it's possible). One would think seven inches above the rim or more (accounting for your range to 35'') would be enough to give you a fair shot.

31" was more a one-step jump, too. I can g... COULD get up to block shots, but was never really able to throw it down. Can palm the ball with ease, too. Off the dribble, etc. Just never, ever tried dunking until I was about 21 (minus lowered hoops) so maybe didn't cultivate the necessary coordination, etc? Whatever. Dunking was never something I aspired to do, either.

Rose'sACL
04-16-2014, 11:45 AM
i was able to dunk till 1 year after college. i slowly lost it because my work barely gives me enough time to be in good shape let alone play ball regularly.

Rake2204
04-16-2014, 11:46 AM
31" was more a one-step jump, too. I can g... COULD get up to block shots, but was never really able to throw it down. Can palm the ball with ease, too. Off the dribble, etc. Just never, ever tried dunking until I was about 21 (minus lowered hoops) so maybe didn't cultivate the necessary coordination, etc? Whatever. Dunking was never something I aspired to do, either.Dang, and you could palm a rock? I was assuming you could not, which then often requires at least a couple of extra inches to flush. That's a bummer, guy. Palming off the dribble while being able to reach close to 10'10'' should have equaled dunk city.

kshutts1
04-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Dang, and you could palm a rock? I was assuming you could not, which then often requires at least a couple of extra inches to flush. That's a bummer, guy. Palming off the dribble while being able to reach close to 10'10'' should have equaled dunk city.
Should have. Though, like I said, I never even tried until college. I've probably tried to dunk on a regulation rim 5 times in my life. Just never was interested, and never thought I could do it. I always knew I could get high, but preferred to use that to block shots rather than dunk.

I know a lot of people have thought this, but an ISH game would be so awesome. Separate all the talk from all the actual game.

ImKobe
04-16-2014, 11:53 AM
used to dunk a lot before my achilles injury

Rake2204
04-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Should have. Though, like I said, I never even tried until college. I've probably tried to dunk on a regulation rim 5 times in my life. Just never was interested, and never thought I could do it. I always knew I could get high, but preferred to use that to block shots rather than dunk.

I know a lot of people have thought this, but an ISH game would be so awesome. Separate all the talk from all the actual game.Did you actually play basketball for a team? If so, what era? Were you skilled? I only ask because I feel like you would have been dunking by accident if you could palm and get that high.

KungFuJoe
04-16-2014, 12:08 PM
36" vert here in my prime. At 6'2 and long arms meant I dunked easily. Combine that with my speed and aggressiveness...there was a time when I was dunking, on the regular, in pick up and rec league games. I didn't start dunking til I was 19 so no high school dunk games for me.

I've posterized a few people in my time as well.

One time off a put back on a missed three pointer as I came running in from the opposite side. I climbed up the back of some poor guy to put that one down. Knocked him down to the ground. Blatant over the back but no one is going to call that in a pick up game much less when you just got dunked on.

Another time off a fast break where the guy was "waiting" for me by the basket thinking he was gonna block me. Went off one foot, cupped it and brought it around and right on his head. Whole park went nuts. I'm half white/Korean and the guy I dunked on was a 6'4 black guy. The other team literally said they quit and walked off the court.

kshutts1
04-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Did you actually play basketball for a team? If so, what era? Were you skilled? I only ask because I feel like you would have been dunking by accident if you could palm and get that high.
I'm 29. Played in HS but was used as a sniper more than anything else. Had NBA range. For my area (hickville) I was really good.

Played pickup only in college. In HS I was never fast or quick, and stayed mostly on the perimeter. In college, when I got in shape, I still played mostly on the perimeter, and my favorite thing to do in transition was a pull up 3. Never had the aggressive attitude to go up and get boards in traffic, particularly not offensive. I was more focused on transition D, chase down blocks, etc.

Certainly had the hops for a put-back slam or something, but just never tried. Not aggressive enough to attack like that, maybe.

DStebb716
04-16-2014, 12:15 PM
I used to dunk, but then I went on a diet. Doc said oreos aren't allowed.

Titanball4
04-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Could dunk off a toss my senior year of hs. But still wasn't everytime. Needed a good toss and perfect timing. Could never go straight up because I was a 2 foot jumper and my hand wasn't big enough to palm it while keeping the momentum

Budadiiii
04-16-2014, 12:20 PM
I used to dunk, but then I went on a diet. Doc said oreos aren't allowed.
And you listen to this guy?

You can still have oreos dude. Me and your mom eat them after we f*ck.

I dunk my balls in her mouth. :rockon:

blazersfan52
04-16-2014, 12:21 PM
If it helps, if your standing reach is truly only 7'8'' (going by the last you checked, though with a wingspan of 6'4'' I'd say there's a chance it'd be greater than 7'8'' by now), a 30'' vert would get you to 122 inches, aka 10'2''. A 36'' vert would elevate you to 10'8'', which should be enough to dunk with regularity, even without being able to palm a ball.
Thats one handed though, my two handed is down by multiple inches so thats why I can't dunk, and when I say I can't palm the ball I mean I have like almost no control with the ball, I have to go up with two hands and then switch to one.

Rake2204
04-16-2014, 12:22 PM
36" vert here in my prime. At 6'2 and long arms meant I dunked easily. Combine that with my speed and aggressiveness...there was a time when I was dunking, on the regular, in pick up and rec league games. I didn't start dunking til I was 19 so no high school dunk games for me.

I've posterized a few people in my time as well.

One time off a put back on a missed three pointer as I came running in from the opposite side. I climbed up the back of some poor guy to put that one down. Knocked him down to the ground. Blatant over the back but no one is going to call that in a pick up game much less when you just got dunked on.

Another time off a fast break where the guy was "waiting" for me by the basket thinking he was gonna block me. Went off one foot, cupped it and brought it around and right on his head. Whole park went nuts. I'm half white/Korean and the guy I dunked on was a 6'4 black guy. The other team literally said they quit and walked off the court.I think I remember you talking about this before, because I remember thinking we have very similar dunk histories. I started dunking when I was 14, but not consistently in games until I was 19 or 20. I had moments in between where neat things would happen (dunked down a really super duper weak one during a game my sophomore year) but there were always things getting in the way (I was whistled for traveling first). Then when I switched to two foot dunking my junior year, all my in-game opportunities evaporated.

But yeah, after dunking began picking up for me, I posterized a few in my day and one of my all-timers was also a tip dunk off a missed three, so that's kind of crazy.

I'm 29. Played in HS but was used as a sniper more than anything else. Had NBA range. For my area (hickville) I was really good.

Played pickup only in college. In HS I was never fast or quick, and stayed mostly on the perimeter. In college, when I got in shape, I still played mostly on the perimeter, and my favorite thing to do in transition was a pull up 3. Never had the aggressive attitude to go up and get boards in traffic, particularly not offensive. I was more focused on transition D, chase down blocks, etc.

Certainly had the hops for a put-back slam or something, but just never tried. Not aggressive enough to attack like that, maybe.Bummer. Seems as if there was a portion of your game you never tapped.

kshutts1
04-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Bummer. Seems as if there was a portion of your game you never tapped.
That and ball handling, lol

Rake2204
04-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Thats one handed though, my two handed is down by multiple inches so thats why I can't dunk, and when I say I can't palm the ball I mean I have like almost no control with the ball, I have to go up with two hands and then switch to one.If it helps, I kinda take two hands up with me a little, even on one-hand crushes.

Start:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g423/Rake2204/221ff58c-6384-4c3c-9ce5-24af196fc04f.jpg

Finish:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g423/Rake2204/1d77f56e-6fdb-436b-a063-2a95631a5c8c.jpg

blazersfan52
04-16-2014, 12:37 PM
If it helps, I kinda take two hands up with me a little, even on one-hand crushes.

Start:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g423/Rake2204/221ff58c-6384-4c3c-9ce5-24af196fc04f.jpg

Finish:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g423/Rake2204/1d77f56e-6fdb-436b-a063-2a95631a5c8c.jpg
Ya, I try and do that, but I have to go up higher with the ball before I got to one hand, although the Last three days i've been doing ball handling drills to better my dribbling and so I can increase grip strength, which I am 100% sure that its done both already.

Rake2204
04-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Ya, I try and do that, but I have to go up higher with the ball before I got to one hand, although the Last three days i've been doing ball handling drills to better my dribbling and so I can increase grip strength, which I am 100% sure that its done both already.How old are you again?

UK2K
04-16-2014, 05:03 PM
I could dunk as a Sophomore in high school. At 6' and about 145, I could throw down pretty easily.

Junior year I focused entirely on football as a TE, so I packed on about 40 pounds over the next two years. Basically I got fat, now at 25 my knees allow me a vertical of about 10 inches.

ihoopallday
04-16-2014, 09:38 PM
I can't dunk. Only 5'7. But nothing pisses me off more than seeing dudes like 6'4 on th court and can't even dunk. :facepalm I sure as hell would take advantage of that height. Seriously, my cousin is 6'5 and can't dunk. I even have a video of him attempting to dunk. So sad

DStebb716
04-16-2014, 09:50 PM
And you listen to this guy?

You can still have oreos dude. Me and your mom eat them after we f*ck.

I dunk my balls in her mouth. :rockon:

Nice. You must be one smooth 12-year-old.

KungFuJoe
04-16-2014, 09:52 PM
I told this story before, too...but though it's not an individual dunk I'm talking about...I used to play in a league in Carson, CA. It was at Veteran's Gym. This was the Clippers training facility. During one game, a bunch of the Clippers sat and watched my game. This was in 95 so Brent Barry was there. I had about 3 dunks in the game, one of them coming when I ripped the opposing PG clean at midcourt and took it the other way for a double pump reverse. I come strolling back down the court and Brent Barry, fresh off his Slam Dunk championship, yells out, "Nice dunk!".

Man I will never EVER forget that moment.

20Four
04-16-2014, 09:52 PM
I can't dunk. Only 5'7. But nothing pisses me off more than seeing dudes like 6'4 on th court and can't even dunk. :facepalm I sure as hell would take advantage of that height. Seriously, my cousin is 6'5 and can't dunk. I even have a video of him attempting to dunk. So sad
Can you at least grab rim?

KungFuJoe
04-16-2014, 09:54 PM
I still ball...and do so at a reasonably decent level for a near 40 year old. Trying to get back into the game after an achilles injury two years ago and a broken foot last year.

My goal is to dunk at 40.

ZoPunde
04-16-2014, 10:01 PM
my vert is like this:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport008.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

ihoopallday
04-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Can you at least grab rim?

Yeah I can grab the rim. My hands are kinda small so I have a hard time just gripping the ball for a dunk attempt.

oarabbus
04-16-2014, 11:08 PM
Yeah I can grab the rim. My hands are kinda small so I have a hard time just gripping the ball for a dunk attempt.

Damn for real? I'm 5'7" and can get halfway up the net but sure as hell can't grab rim. You got hops huh... 'cause I measured mine and I'm almost exactly average in vert (20-22")

Rake2204
04-21-2014, 03:38 PM
I'd just gone about a month without playing very much (our gyms lock down for a bit after season concludes). Having turned 30 in February, and coming off two of the worst ankle sprains of my life (which ended up taking four to five months to mostly recover) I was kind of worried I wouldn't be able to dunk anymore.

Somewhat surprisingly, I was dunking with moderate effort this weekend, which is a great sign considering not being in playing shape and whatnot. Really thought I might be on my way toward not dunking anymore (though I'm sure that day will come soon enough). Found out my two-foot takeoffs are weak though; the ankle sprained last July still doesn't seem to like planting that hard. Hoping I can work through that.

IrishIggy
04-21-2014, 05:01 PM
I will someday... someday

smoovegittar
04-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Not since my mid-thirties. I still kill it from long range tho.

smoovegittar
04-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Nice. You must be one smooth 12-year-old.
Yeah. He's a right c**t, that one.

smoovegittar
04-21-2014, 05:35 PM

I know a lot of people have thought this, but an ISH game would be so awesome. Separate all the talk from all the actual game.
Great idea. I'll bet about 12 people would show- and half of them with brass knuckles!

Jlamb47
04-21-2014, 05:53 PM
im 6'1 tall and i can dunk 10 foot goal with 2 hands. idk what my vertical is.