PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers: "What OKC did was piss me off..."

Darius
04-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Doc Rivers: "What OKC did [last night] was piss me off because [Nick] Collison tried to take my son out."

In response to the below:

http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/collison-rivers.gif?w=500&h=246

2nd Round drama incoming - love it :pimp:

Edit: How you embed GIF :mad:

mattvNJ
04-16-2014, 11:41 AM
i find collison to be one of the most respectable players in the game. Not super athletic, not super talented. Just goes out there hustles his ass of and gets his. The bump was light rivers was a *** on the screen acting like it was some travesty.

Also **** you Doc, cant wait for you to underachieve with that amazing clips roster.

Trollsmasher
04-16-2014, 11:43 AM
What would you expect from those dirty hicks? Of course they would go after family members. They don't see what's wrong with it because everyone is a family member around the hick town.

boozehound
04-16-2014, 11:44 AM
what a ****ing baby. Nick Collison did nothing wrong, and definitely did not try to "take his son out". Your son overreacted to a legal screen and a slight bump in transition. Grow the **** up.

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2014, 11:45 AM
What would you expect from those dirty hicks? Of course they would go after family members. They don't see what's wrong with it because everyone is a family member around the hick town.
I doubt there is a single member of the Thunder that grew up in Oklahoma.

Mass Debator
04-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Unnecessary contact from Collison.
I don't mind what Rivers did.

mattvNJ
04-16-2014, 11:47 AM

lol you dont know much about the US. Nicks def from a rural area(IOWA) but that doesnt make you a hick. He's well versed in interviews and is general respectful on the court.

Rivers is a bitch boy, just a bad player.

SilkkTheShocker
04-16-2014, 11:48 AM

This.

Jailblazers7
04-16-2014, 11:50 AM
I actually thought Collison showed pretty impressive restraint after the shove. He clearly wanted to punch Austin but he held back.

kNicKz
04-16-2014, 11:53 AM
http://comerecommended.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/wambulance1.jpeg

ImKobe
04-16-2014, 11:54 AM

See, kids, this is a quality post. :bowdown:

Budadiiii
04-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Good.

Gonna make whooping this ugly hoarsed throat dweeb in the playoffs that much better.

Can't wait till Russ/KD rip the Clips' to shreds and I want to see the look on Doc's face after its all said and done.

I used to like this guy but over the past couple of months I've come to realise how much of a nerdy scumbag he is.

Biased POS.

Darius
04-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Good.

Gonna make whooping this ugly hoarsed throat dweeb in the playoffs that much better.

Can't wait till Russ/KD rip the Clips' to shreds and I want to see the look on Doc's face after its all said and done.

I used to like this guy but over the past couple of months I've come to realise how much of a nerdy scumbag he is.

Biased POS.

:roll: he mad

D-FENS
04-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Unnecessary contact from Collison.
I don't mind what Rivers did.

Rivers backed off really quick once Collison brought his fist back. He would DESTROY that scrub.

dannywpt
04-16-2014, 12:09 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QiHaQZKXE9g/UF14-eA4SWI/AAAAAAAACuU/VHZDNgSw3LI/s1600/jill-greenberg-crying-photoshopped-babies-end-times-17.jpg

Mass Debator
04-16-2014, 12:11 PM
Rivers backed off really quick once Collison brought his fist back. He would DESTROY that scrub.
He sure would. Still don't mind what Rivers did. lol..no one is going to do a blindside forearm/elbow shove to me and get away with it.

tomtucker
04-16-2014, 12:25 PM
don

KyrieTheFuture
04-16-2014, 12:27 PM
No one in this thread can relate to Docs words cause none of them had father's when they were growing up. Sad stuff.

Also Collison is the bigger of the two little bitches for hitting someone who wasn't looking. What did he expect after elbowing Rivers in the head that he was just gonna be chill?

Thechosen1
04-16-2014, 12:30 PM
**** the thunder and nick collisons fake tough guy act

DuMa
04-16-2014, 12:32 PM
bad move doc... let your son fight his own battles.

Solefade
04-16-2014, 12:33 PM
**** the thunder and nick collisons fake tough guy act

so many fake tough guys on this team including the nut punching Ibaka

All Net
04-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Think that would be anybodys reaction as a dad...

wally_world
04-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Cant wait till OKC sweeps Doc's ***** ass team

All Net
04-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Cant wait till OKC sweeps Doc's ***** ass team
That has no chance of ever happening.

CeilingFan#1
04-16-2014, 01:26 PM
I thought Doc is a man of discipline. Well, why the fvck didn't he chastise his own son for his part in the dick measuring contest?

dunksby
04-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Collison didn't do anything wrong, Doc is overreacting cause it's his son.

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 01:42 PM

This.

Move on people.

Fiasco
04-16-2014, 01:51 PM

Yeah when you can take a shot at a guy who isn't even facing the same direction as you are, you're pretty much obliged to do it.

Genaro
04-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Austin goes crying to his father and then Doc make public comments like Collison is the wrong man in the situation. What a p*.

Normal fight during a game, Doc should stay the hell out of it.

Purch
04-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Based on?

NumberSix
04-16-2014, 02:43 PM
Big Nick bullied Doc's daughter.

red1
04-16-2014, 02:47 PM
not a good look for the rivers :facepalm

NumberSix
04-16-2014, 02:48 PM
not a good look for the rivers :facepalm
Collison should have "stood his ground".

russwest0
04-16-2014, 02:55 PM
No link of Doc saying this?

And lmao, his son was acting like a clown for no reason. Believe me, OKC would have preferred he stayed in the game so that they would have had a better chance to win.

Derka
04-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Rivers behaved like a punk and is extremely lucky Collison isn't the type of guy who would tear his head off like he deserved.

Meanwhile, shut up Doc. No one tried to hurt your daughter.

NumberSix
04-16-2014, 02:57 PM
Rivers behaved like a punk and is extremely lucky Collison isn't the type of guy who would tear his head off like he deserved.

Meanwhile, shut up Doc. No one tried to hurt your daughter.
Rivers is definitely a thug. Big Nick is an upstanding citizen that would have been within his rights to stand his ground and defend himself.

bluechox2
04-16-2014, 03:05 PM
has doc never seen basketball before?

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 03:12 PM
Rivers is definitely a thug. Big Nick is an upstanding citizen that would have been within his rights to stand his ground and defend himself.

:coleman:

Wiggins23
04-16-2014, 03:16 PM

:oldlol:

russwest0
04-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Also people who see just the gif don't see the whole story.

His son clowned out before that play and shoved Nick for no reason, so Nick returned the favor.

Laker4Lyfe
04-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Why did OKC piss Doc off if it was one player?

:biggums:

wally_world
04-16-2014, 03:59 PM

Still better odds than the Clippers beating OKC in a series :lol

russwest0
04-16-2014, 04:02 PM
It's hilarious how much the media acts like the Clippers have improved this year.

"Blake is a man now, Jordan is playing DPOY basketball, Reddick was a perfect fit, they have one of the best coaches in the league" etc.

Yet they only have one more win than last season when they got swept in the first round :lol

J Shuttlesworth
04-16-2014, 04:02 PM
Who has the video? And is there a link to the quote?

All Net
04-16-2014, 04:15 PM
Still better odds than the Clippers beating OKC in a series :lol
I think it's foolish to think Clippers can't beat OKC.. They certainly can.

russwest0
04-16-2014, 04:19 PM

A full strength, healthy OKC? :roll:

Put down the crackpipe brah

J Shuttlesworth
04-16-2014, 04:20 PM
I dunno... Westbrook tears apart the Clips. I always feel like CP3 is shook when they play each other :lol

russwest0
04-16-2014, 04:22 PM
I dunno... Westbrook tears apart the Clips. I always feel like CP3 is shook when they play each other :lol

They, at home, couldn't even beat OKC on the second night of a b2b with Durant playing like ass. :lol

A fully healthy OKC would mop the floor with them. No question about it.

wally_world
04-16-2014, 04:29 PM

And I think it's foolish to think OKC can't sweep the Clippers.. They certainly can.

All Net
04-16-2014, 04:30 PM
And I think it's foolish to think OKC can't sweep the Clippers.. They certainly can.

Very unlikely any top team can sweep another top conference team.

All Net
04-16-2014, 04:36 PM

If OKC don't get enough support out of the rest then yes Clippers can beat them as they have more depth and better options and in doc have a far better coach.

Durant is of course the deal breaker.

All Net
04-16-2014, 04:37 PM
They, at home, couldn't even beat OKC on the second night of a b2b with Durant playing like ass. :lol

A fully healthy OKC would mop the floor with them. No question about it.

No Crawford in that last meeting and he was HUGE when they beat OKC in OKC. Clippers need everybody healthy to beat the Thunder obviously.

Guess we will see how it pans out.

ABfor3
04-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Didn't see nothing wrong with the pick set by Collison, rivers just overreacted.

Graviton
04-16-2014, 04:48 PM

Clippers will beat OKC, I saw it in my dream last week. Book it.

D.J.
04-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Rivers overreacted and then acted like a punk. I'm surprised Collison held back to be honest.

maybeshewill13
04-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Rivers is a baby.

SsKSpurs21
04-16-2014, 04:52 PM
collison definitely checked him while running back lol. not sure if rivers did something for collison to retaliate like that.

dunksby
04-16-2014, 04:55 PM
I just don't see how someone who coached Kevin Garnett for years could get so worked up about that scene, obviously it's because this time it involved his son.

LONGTIME
04-16-2014, 04:55 PM
If OKC don't get enough support out of the rest then yes Clippers can beat them as they have more depth and better options and in doc have a far better coach.

Durant is of course the deal breaker.

People said the same thing about Pop when OKC played the Spurs in 2012. Coaching matters to an extent, but star players are the real difference maker. And Rivers is overrated.

BrainDead
04-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Clippers will beat OKC, I saw it in my dream last week. Book it.
This :cheers:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331259

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 05:25 PM
LoL man, some of y'all under rating the Clippers are going to be in for a rude awakening. And this is coming from someone who dislikes the **** outta the Clippers.

Clippers have only lost 4 games in their last 20-25, looking dominant offensively while eradicating the myth about their defensive deficiencies by placing in the Top 10 of most team defensive statistics.

While the Thunder have looked plenty mediocre at times these past couple of weeks, and certainly aren't closing out the season as promisingly as other conference rivals like San Antonio, Memphis, and LA.

Playoffs are all about matchups, but it's also about coaching. And the way Brooks has been dropping the ball in that department, Rivers is going to moonwalk circles around him.

KD is going to have to go god-mode this post-season, or Brooks is going to have to take his head out his ass and stop with this ISO bullshit.

AirFederer
04-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Cry me a rivers

TheReal Kendall
04-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Also people who see just the gif don't see the whole story.

His son clowned out before that play and shoved Nick for no reason, so Nick returned the favor.

I didn't see the play, only the gif but if this is true then Doc needs to stay out of it.

I understand it's his son but his son is a grown man now and he has to fight his own battles especially if he started it.

LONGTIME
04-16-2014, 06:52 PM
LoL man, some of y'all under rating the Clippers are going to be in for a rude awakening. And this is coming from someone who dislikes the **** outta the Clippers.

Clippers have only lost 4 games in their last 20-25, looking dominant offensively while eradicating the myth about their defensive deficiencies by placing in the Top 10 of most team defensive statistics.

While the Thunder have looked plenty mediocre at times these past couple of weeks, and certainly aren't closing out the season as promisingly as other conference rivals like San Antonio, Memphis, and LA.

Playoffs are all about matchups, but it's also about coaching. And the way Brooks has been dropping the ball in that department, Rivers is going to moonwalk circles around him.

KD is going to have to go god-mode this post-season, or Brooks is going to have to take his head out his ass and stop with this ISO bullshit.

"The Spurs won the West in 2013. They staggered into the playoffs, going 3-7 in their final 10 games. Then they zipped to the NBA Finals losing just two games total in three series. The Mavericks won the West in 2011. They won their final four games of the regular season. But Dallas lost its four games before that stretch. And won its five games before that. And lost five of eight before that. Those Mavs were a streaky team. The Lakers won the West in 2010. They went 4-7 in their final 11 games of the regular season, including 3-6 in their final nine. So none of the previous four West champions have played well in April going into the playoffs."

People said the same thing about Pop when the Thunder played the Spurs in 2012, how did that work out?

Dro
04-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Yeah, that was pretty dirty from Collison and I don't have a problem with what Rivers did at all....Guy shoves him in the back like for no reason, not a pick, nothing do with the play. I don't know if something happened before that but if not, then that was a pretty b*tch move from Nick....

Edit - I just saw Russwest response and if thats true, then Rivers deserved that and Doc should shut up...

russwest0
04-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Here is a vine showing the first altercation between the two

https://vine.co/v/MJj1eexHaDl

Rivers shoves Collison for no reason starting the whole ordeal, it wasn't OKC "trying to take out" Rivers or any BS like that. Just Nick returning the favor and shoving Rivers back and then Rivers going full clown mode and jumping into Nick.

BigMacAttack
04-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Rivers lucky he didnt get belted there, Collison looked close to unloading on the bitch.

Fudge
04-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Doc is a fcuking idiot. I'd rip his ballsac out completely. The fcuk is he even watching?

Lightskin n*ggas are just hella sensitive, that's all.

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 07:36 PM
"The Spurs won the West in 2013. They staggered into the playoffs, going 3-7 in their final 10 games. Then they zipped to the NBA Finals losing just two games total in three series. The Mavericks won the West in 2011. They won their final four games of the regular season. But Dallas lost its four games before that stretch. And won its five games before that. And lost five of eight before that. Those Mavs were a streaky team. The Lakers won the West in 2010. They went 4-7 in their final 11 games of the regular season, including 3-6 in their final nine. So none of the previous four West champions have played well in April going into the playoffs."

People said the same thing about Pop when the Thunder played the Spurs in 2012, how did that work out?

Mhmm, good point on the quotes, but still, I'm sure there are more teams that have made it to the finals in NBA history that rolled into the playoffs versus stumbled into the playoffs.

As for Spurs vs OKC in 2012, Brooks was getting out-coached in that series; then Harden and KD went HAM. The talent discrepancy outweighed the coaching discrepancy.

Which is why I said KD is going to have to go god-mode. Because I don't think there's a huge talent discrepancy between OKC and the Clippers. KD will be the best player on the floor, but both Blake and CP3 > Westbrook.

Legends66NBA7
04-16-2014, 07:38 PM
Doc Rivers: "What OKC did [last night] was piss me off because [Nick] Collison tried to take my son out."

In response to the below:

http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/collison-rivers.gif

2nd Round drama incoming - love it :pimp:

Edit: How you embed GIF :mad:

You just have to get rid of the stuff that comes after "gif".

russwest0
04-16-2014, 07:41 PM
It's pretty obvious what happened causing Doc to make the comment.

Doc called his son up to conversate, they ended up talking about his ejection. Austin being the stuck up bitch he comes across as lied and said that OKC was going after him and trying to take him out so that his dad wouldn't be upset with him being a clown over practically nothing. His dad bought the story and made the comment as a result.

Rocketswin2013
04-16-2014, 07:45 PM
http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/collison-rivers.gif

This was a bitch move.

Collison is a poor mans Chris Andersen.

If you're gonna do it, do it right.
http://cdn2.everyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/birdman-vs-tyler-hansbrough.gif

http://cdn2.everyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/birdman-pushes-tyler-hansbrough.gif

russwest0
04-16-2014, 07:51 PM
If you're gonna do it, do it right.
http://cdn2.everyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/birdman-vs-tyler-hansbrough.gif

http://cdn2.everyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/birdman-pushes-tyler-hansbrough.gif

Didn't Hansbrough get a technical for that? And Birdman wasn't even ejected... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wow the refs ****ed the Pacers hardcore

Rocketswin2013
04-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Didn't Hansbrough get a technical for that? And Birdman wasn't even ejected... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wow the refs ****ed the Pacers hardcore

Yeah they did. Poor TH.

JohnFreeman
04-16-2014, 07:53 PM
:applause:

wakencdukest
04-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Here is a vine showing the first altercation between the two

https://vine.co/v/MJj1eexHaDl

Rivers shoves Collison for no reason starting the whole ordeal, it wasn't OKC "trying to take out" Rivers or any BS like that. Just Nick returning the favor and shoving Rivers back and then Rivers going full clown mode and jumping into Nick.

Yeah, Rivers is a whiny little bitch, so is his dad.

Draz
04-16-2014, 08:44 PM
his son is barely in the league and his father is babying him already. This is going to continue for the next ten years.