PDA

View Full Version : kobe retirement thread

swagga
04-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Made this thread for all the kobe fans to stop comparing kobe to the people still playing, it's unfair to compare career stats to guys still in their peak like lebron.

In this thread we should remember:
- his 2 fvmps, back to back champ.
- his sidekick play, critical for for the first three peet
- the beautiful ring he gave to his wife to celebrate thier faithfullness.
- him going out as a warrior after leading a team of dleaguers to the playoffs in 2013, losing in a highly contest series against the NBA finalists.
- the lakers honoring kobe with the greatest contract for an inactive player, d rose be damned.
- the fact that he denied scumbag k malone a ring, always a plus in my book
- his potential to become full time CoachBE and him mentoring nick young to superstardom.
- exceptional career without stacked teams like lebron and durant. If kobe had 2 all stars on his team he would of put boston's 8 in a row in danger.

Also, together with the other retired player stans we can discuss the good ole days when we was young, life was great, and advanced stats were used only by fat computer nerds and not by team paid statisticians, advanced stats that dilute the soul of the game. Errybody that played knows that kobe is the GOAT closer, these new era fat dumb nerds shouldn't talk about percentage here, here we keepin it oldskool, a true player thing.

NumberSix
04-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Top 5 GOAT-sidekick.

kennethgriffin
04-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Top 5 GOAT-sidekick.

nearly every top 10 player all time was a side kick at one point in time

even jordan in 2002-03

the difference is every guy they were sidekicks to were worse players than prime shaq

moe94
04-16-2014, 03:19 PM

even jordan in 2002-03

the difference is every guy they were sidekicks to were worse players than prime shaq

But Kobe was a sidekick to Pau.
calm down you hoe

IncarceratedBob
04-16-2014, 03:42 PM

even jordan in 2002-03

lebron was never a sidekick
shaq was never a sidekick
wilt was never a sidekick
russell was never a sidekick
duncan was never a sidekick
magic was never a sidekick
bird was never a sidekick
jordan was never a sidekick

you wanna re-think what you just said?

iTare
04-16-2014, 03:43 PM
shaq was definitely a sidekick bruh

sportjames23
04-16-2014, 03:45 PM

even jordan in 2002-03

Humor me--who was MJ a sidekick to? Stackhouse? Rip?

Damn, son, you're a clown. :facepalm

swagga
04-16-2014, 04:20 PM

son I like your style.:cheers:

J Shuttlesworth
04-16-2014, 04:22 PM

I mostly agree, but post-prime Shaq was a side kick.

20Four
04-16-2014, 04:23 PM
son I like your style.:cheers:
Lebronze b|tched and left to join Wade...LOL no superstar does that....they make players go to them.....lol

http://i.minus.com/iKz5S55iZWvVH.png

J Shuttlesworth
04-16-2014, 04:24 PM

even jordan in 2002-03

lol Jordan was a "sidekick" well past his prime. Kobe is the only one on that list who was a sidekick in his prime :roll: :roll: :roll:

J Shuttlesworth
04-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Lebronze b|tched and left to join Wade...LOL no superstar does that....they make players go to them.....lol

http://i.minus.com/iKz5S55iZWvVH.png
Kobe demanded to be traded so he could go play w/ Shaq, who was projected to become a huge star in the league.

KirbyPls
04-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Kobe demanded to be traded so he could go play w/ Shaq, who was projected to become a huge star in the league.

Kobetards shook, confirmed.

20Four
04-16-2014, 04:26 PM

So this is a sidekick?

http://i.minus.com/ibwf9YM7ubK4EO.jpg

Black and White
04-16-2014, 04:27 PM

In the 2011 NBA finals he looked like a sidekick to me? You saying he would have won FMVP? I dont think so.

J Shuttlesworth
04-16-2014, 04:27 PM
So this is a sidekick?

http://i.minus.com/ibwf9YM7ubK4EO.jpg
He wasn't a sidekick? How many FMVPs did he win w/ Shaq then? Was he putting up 14 rebs a game like Shaq too and being dominant post defender?

20Four
04-16-2014, 04:28 PM
He wasn't a sidekick? How many FMVPs did he win w/ Shaq then? Was he putting up 14 rebs a game like Shaq too and being dominant post defender?
Lol doesn't matter....with numbers like that....he isn't a sidekick son....

HoopsFanNumero1
04-16-2014, 04:29 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/VS/z%20Crazy%20Stat%20n%20Record/Allen%20Iverson/-EC95A4EC8DA8EB8C80_ECBD94EBB984_EC.jpg

20Four
04-16-2014, 04:29 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/VS/z%20Crazy%20Stat%20n%20Record/Allen%20Iverson/-EC95A4EC8DA8EB8C80_ECBD94EBB984_EC.jpg
lol first half only...

J Shuttlesworth
04-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Lol doesn't matter....with numbers like that....he isn't a sidekick son....
If he wasn't the side kick, why did someone else win FMVP? Who was the main man on that team?

ArbitraryWater
04-16-2014, 06:36 PM

funny thing is all the players you named have been sidekicks but lebron and mj..

ArbitraryWater
04-16-2014, 06:37 PM
In the 2011 NBA finals he looked like a sidekick to me? You saying he would have won FMVP? I dont think so.

So we're looking for singular series' now? :lol

How about start at a season

Akrazotile
04-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Made this thread for all the kobe fans to stop comparing kobe to the people still playing, it's unfair to compare career stats to guys still in their peak like lebron.

In this thread we should remember:
- his 2 fvmps, back to back champ. - media favoritism, he wasn't the Lakers real mvp
- his sidekick play, critical for for the first three peet - his ballhogging and fancy jump shots wasn't critical to success, they had prime shaq and good role players, kobe was just a "cool looking" sideshow.
- the beautiful ring he gave to his wife to celebrate thier faithfullness. - perhaps the greatest testament to his betaness
- him going out as a warrior after leading a team of dleaguers to the playoffs in 2013, losing in a highly contest series against the NBA finalists. - was looking for an injury to take throughout the entire game, finally found one so that he didnt have to play on a team that was about to lose in the playoffs. notice how he faked a year-long injury this year as well when the team wasn't any good. notice the pattern?
- the lakers honoring kobe with the greatest contract for an inactive player, d rose be damned. - apparently the fans "pay to see kobe" and he rewards them by milking injuries if the team isn't good enough to carry him to success
- the fact that he denied scumbag k malone a ring, always a plus in my book - also denied shaq and fisher more rings as well
- his potential to become full time CoachBE and him mentoring nick young to superstardom. - too much of a contrived egomaniac to be a good coach, unless he gets completely stacked teams like PJ
- exceptional career without stacked teams like lebron and durant. If kobe had 2 all stars on his team he would of put boston's 8 in a row in danger. - stars refuse to play with kobe because he's such an immature, low IQ player. he requires a group of guys that can successfully play as a team DESPITE him while he takes all the credit by taking the hero shots and being rescued from choking by real clutch players.

Also, together with the other retired player stans we can discuss the good ole days when we was young, life was great, and advanced stats were used only by fat computer nerds and not by team paid statisticians, advanced stats that dilute the soul of the game. Errybody that played knows that kobe is the GOAT closer, these new era fat dumb nerds shouldn't talk about percentage here, here we keepin it oldskool, a true player thing.

truth bomb

Jameerthefear
04-16-2014, 06:51 PM
DAMN.
Kobe isn't a top 10 player. Sidekick to Pau, Shaq, and Andrew Bynum :roll: