PDA

View Full Version : Who's the better player KD or Kobe?

TheReal Kendall
04-16-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm going with KD. He does everything better than Kobe and he isn't selfish.

Who y'all got?

J Shuttlesworth
04-16-2014, 06:05 PM
See my usertext

Shade8780
04-16-2014, 06:08 PM
See my usertext

IncarceratedBob
04-16-2014, 06:08 PM
He does everything better than Kobe, including losing

WillC
04-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Durant's win shares this season are the 21st highest of all-time.

Kobe's best season ranks 97th all-time.

To clarify, that doesn't mean there are 96 players better than Kobe. For example, Michael Jordan had 10 seasons with higher win shares than Kobe's best effort.

So I think Durant's peak (i.e. now) is better than Kobe's peak. However, Kobe clearly had the better career. There's a long way for Durant to go.

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 06:09 PM
This thread was done a week or two ago OP. Quite recent.

KyrieTheFuture
04-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Everything but defense

tmacattack33
04-16-2014, 06:11 PM
If Durant carries his absurd play into the post-season, I'll come back here and answer the question.

But i want to use my brain here instead of just waiting for the results and then getting back to you.

So I'll say that I'm pretty sure that if Durant can put up 32 ppg on .63 TS% and 7 reb and 5 assists per game in the regular season that he can do great in the post season and put up like 30 ppg on .57 TS% and 7 reb and 5 assists per game in the post season. So I'll go with Durant.

SilkkTheShocker
04-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Durant and it really isn't even close.

LeBron is better than both of them though.

Doranku
04-16-2014, 06:12 PM
win shares
:facepalm

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 06:13 PM
If Durant carries his absurd play into the post-season, I'll come back here and answer the question.

But i want to use my brain here instead of just waiting for the results and then getting back to you.

So I'll say that I'm pretty sure that if Durant can put up 33 ppg on .60 TS% and 7 reb and 5 assists per game in the regular season that he can do great in the post season and put up like 30 ppg on .57 TS% and 7 reb and 5 assists per game in the post season. So I'll go with Durant.

Thought he was averaging 32 7 and 6?

JT123
04-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Lebron >>>>>>>>Durant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe

tmacattack33
04-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Thought he was averaging 32 7 and 6?

Yeah i just said them sh*ts off the top of my head. U are correct tho.

It is 32 on .63 TS% instead of 33 on .60 TS%.

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 06:16 PM

How is it not even close? Do you ever have an objective opinion, or is it that Kobe skull****ed a family member of yours?

Don't understand how it's "not even close" in either direction.

SHABBA
04-16-2014, 06:17 PM
I rate the Truth over both of them.

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Yeah i just said them sh*ts off the top of my head. U are correct tho.

It is 32 on .63 TS% instead of 33 on .60 TS%.

No doubt, I thought for a second the numbers I had were outdated.

NumberSix
04-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Kobe so far, but I wouldn't be shocked if Durant has a prime better than Kobe.

20Four
04-16-2014, 06:33 PM
Read this Slam online (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2014/03/kevin-durant-says-kobe-bryant-michael-jordan-equal/)

Another link diff article:

Kevin Durant says bryants skills are seconds to none (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1991551-modeling-his-game-kevin-durant-cites-kobe-bryants-skill-as-second-to-none)

"When you look at me, Carmelo (Anthony), LeBron and Paul George, what we’ve done out there in this league is nothing compared to what Kobe did," Durant told Medina. "We live in a world of what have you done for me lately. We don’t remember the day before sometimes. Think back five, six, years ago what he was doing. It’s unheard of."

tmacattack33
04-16-2014, 06:37 PM
"When you look at me, Carmelo (Anthony), LeBron and Paul George, what we’ve done out there in this league is nothing compared to what Kobe did," Durant told Medina. "We live in a world of what have you done for me lately. We don’t remember the day before sometimes. Think back five, six, years ago what he was doing. It’s unheard of

:oldlol:

He put Lebron's accomplishments in the same category as Carmelo Anthony's and Paul George's. And that's his accomplishments...not even his overall level of play. Carmelo has gotten out of the first round once. Lebron has 2 rings, been to 2 other NBA Finals, another ECF, and he has 3 MVP's.

Durant's opinion is nullified after that one.

Either that or he was high or drunk during that interview.

Akrazotile
04-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Everything but defense

You're right he's not a better defender than Kobe, they're both equally bad.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Easily Durant. Better on offense, better leader, more clutch, equally as good a defender and playmaker, etc.

Akrazotile
04-16-2014, 06:40 PM
"When you look at me, Carmelo (Anthony), LeBron and Paul George, what we’ve done out there in this league is nothing compared to what Kobe did," Durant told Medina. "We live in a world of what have you done for me lately. We don’t remember the day before sometimes. Think back five, six, years ago what he was doing. It’s unheard of."

:roll:

Apparently he's never heard of Michael Jordan who is basically the original, alpha version of Kobe's beta imitation.

DMAVS41
04-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Too much unknown about KD at this point.

Who know who Kobe was/is...

If someone held a gun to my head and asked who I think the better player will be in 5 years...I'd answer KD...

But the great thing...we get to find out.

I can't wait to see KD in the playoffs this year...I think he's going to me a ****ing monster

TheMarkMadsen
04-16-2014, 06:57 PM
KD.

Give me the healthy 25 year old over the injured 35 year old any day.

I literally was telling a friend was i logged into ISH that "the playoffs are about to begin as my fav player & fav team are irrlevant, don't know why I'm getting on"

Thanks for proving me wrong ISH, Kobe will never be irrlevant :cheers:

imdaman99
04-16-2014, 06:58 PM
Why is it that the only thing Bran and Durant stans can unify with is against Kobe? :oldlol:

Kobe, until Durant wins some rings I don't think you can answer any other way.

SexSymbol
04-16-2014, 06:59 PM
He reached Kobe's prime levels, but not his peak.

Big#50
04-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Kobe. Durant has ways to go. I dont think he will ever reach Kobe. Durant is destined to be a top 20 player ever. Thats it.

SexSymbol
04-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Too much unknown about KD at this point.

Who know who Kobe was/is...

If someone held a gun to my head and asked who I think the better player will be in 5 years...I'd answer KD...

But the great thing...we get to find out.

I can't wait to see KD in the playoffs this year...I think he's going to me a ****ing monster
Why would you do that? He's not gonna wait five years holding the ****ing gun to your head, chances are that after like a minute you'd be free and nobody would give a shit about your prediction.

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Easily Durant. Better on offense, better leader, more clutch, equally as good a defender and playmaker, etc.

Not sure what DMAVS' RAPM will suggest (:lol ) but I saw an elite perimeter defender in Kobe in 2000 and 2001.

I have yet to see KD maintain that kind of impact over the course of an entire season. KD plays defense more like Kobe post-2005, than Kobe during the 3 peat. He doesn't gamble as much, but there are multiple possessions over the course of a game where he has terrible defensive awareness, and quite honestly just takes plays off/lacks engagement...something LeBron has been doing uncharacteristically this entire season as well.

KD was playing the best defense I've ever seen him play while Westbrook was out. Which is amazing considering the offensive load he was carrying, and truly substantiates his MVP candidacy this year. But, his defense fell back off post All Star break.

DMAVS41
04-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Not sure what DMAVS' RAPM will suggest (:lol ) but I saw an elite perimeter defender in Kobe in 2000 and 2001.

I have yet to see KD maintain that kind of impact over the course of an entire season. KD plays defense more like Kobe post-2005, than Kobe during the 3 peat. He doesn't gamble as much, but there are multiple possessions over the course of a game where he has terrible defensive awareness, and quite honestly just takes plays off/lacks engagement...something LeBron has been doing uncharacteristically this entire season as well.

KD was playing the best defense I've ever seen him play while Westbrook was out. Which is amazing considering the offensive load he was carrying, and truly substantiates his MVP candidacy this year. But, his defense fell back off post All Star break.

I haven't ever really looked much at that. In my opinion though...I'd say 00 and 01 Kobe was pretty damn awesome defensively. Certainly better than anything I've seen from Durant to date.

But I'd have to go look at a lot of shit...not really in the mood. I think it's fair to say that Kobe at his best defensively was better than KD. If someone disputes...let them present their case.

Cold soul
04-16-2014, 07:39 PM
He reached Kobe's prime levels, but not his peak.

This ^^^. The best post in this thread.

DMAVS41
04-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Why would you do that? He's not gonna wait five years holding the ****ing gun to your head, chances are that after like a minute you'd be free and nobody would give a shit about your prediction.

It's not about him holding the gun for five years.

I'm saying if someone made me choose which player I'll think is better in 5 years...I'd go with KD.

My point was that I think there is a lot of unknown to see how KD does in certain pressure situations. I think KD will come through and play great...and so I'd lean towards KD over Kobe if someone made me choose.

But, luckily for us, we get to find out the answers to those unknown questions...especially with KD because he's on a contender that looks to not be going anywhere for some time.

So we get to see KD at his best playing with equal or better help than anyone else. How he and his teams do will key us into a lot of those unknown things in my opinion.

Again, this is just my opinion, I really don't want to argue about why we can't currently rank KD and Kobe. It's all about the playoffs for me...I clearly value them much more than most here. So this is just me...right or wrong...

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 07:49 PM
I haven't ever really looked much at that. In my opinion though...I'd say 00 and 01 Kobe was pretty damn awesome defensively. Certainly better than anything I've seen from Durant to date.

But I'd have to go look at a lot of shit...not really in the mood. I think it's fair to say that Kobe at his best defensively was better than KD. If someone disputes...let them present their case.

Yeah, I'm too lazy too right now.

That 2000 Lakers defense was beast. Best in the league by far, think they allowed only 92 point per game, and had the best OPP FG% and best OPP 3 PT%. Obviously that wasn't all incurred because of Kobe, but those numbers indicate they had the best perimeter defense in the league, and Kobe was the best perimeter defender on that team.

JohnFreeman
04-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Wow, speak for yourself servant.

aboss4real24
04-16-2014, 07:54 PM
ITS KD

AND TBH

Its nt close

Marlo_Stanfield
04-16-2014, 08:05 PM

http://cdn.overclock.net/8/87/877fd27f_the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

JohnFreeman
04-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Kobe wins championships

Warfan
04-16-2014, 08:12 PM
30 page threads already on this topic and probably plenty more.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331304&page=14
http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=323334&page=16

Bob Dole
04-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Durant. There is no unbiased argument for Kobe being as good as this version of Durant. Kobe obviously has the greater career though.

As someone once posted on here, this version of Durant is closer to peak Lebron than any version of Kobe is to Durant.

Lebron >> Durant >>>> Kobe

konex
05-11-2014, 06:32 PM
All I know is CP3 couldn't dream of shutting Kobe down in the 4th qtr. of a playoff game :roll:

Heavincent
05-11-2014, 06:36 PM
All I know is CP3 couldn't dream of shutting Kobe down in the 4th qtr. of a playoff game :roll:

I know, right?

No way in hell you would get away with putting a midget PG on Kobe. He would literally score on CP3 every possession, and Kobe is 5 inches shorter than Durant for ****'s sake.